Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for C. G. Young > Reviews

Browse

C. G. Young's Profile

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. G. Young RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Bissell Home Care 0805 Woolite Oxy Deep Stain Cleaner 22 Oz, Wildflower Breeze
Bissell Home Care 0805 Woolite Oxy Deep Stain Cleaner 22 Oz, Wildflower Breeze
Offered by Selected Items
Price: $12.25
17 used & new from $4.76

5.0 out of 5 stars My Go-To Spot Cleaner, May 22, 2014
This product is a mainstay in my apartment. Mostly it's for the cats and the stuff they cough up when your back is turned or you're fast asleep. I currently have a medium/light gray carpet; spots show up quite well. This stuff gets up spots! It may take a few applications, and a follow-up with my Little Green Machine--mostly to remove any residual stain, but also to suck the cleaner from the carpet because who wants to leave a detergent in your rug. While the cat's salmon dinner stain never fully disappeared, all other stains, including cranberry juice (yes, that spill happened in slow motion).

I have tried several other spot removers, but none worked as well... as for kitty p--, it's just "good", but not the best solution. Otherwise, it's the cat's pj's.

Savvy Tabby Sparkle Paw Cat Collar, Parrot Green
Savvy Tabby Sparkle Paw Cat Collar, Parrot Green
Offered by PetsTek
Price: $7.47
8 used & new from $6.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but flawed, May 22, 2014
I have two cats and have purchased 5 of the Sparkle Collars since July 2013. They are very nice. They don't rub my kitties' necks causing the fur to disappear as the woven ones have done to several of my pets in the past (leaving the poor little kitties with bald spots on the back of their necks). Other people have told me they have the same difficultly with the woven versions, hence the switch to leather. The little subtle sparkly parts are adorable and the colors are very nice, especially the parrot. But, the cats have managed to lose 4 of them. At first, I figured they just had some sort of "accident" and the safety latch did its job. But, as of tonight, the 4th one disappeared for no discernible, logical reason. (Did not have this happen with other brands.) While the appearance and materials are excellent, I have a hard time believing the cats are the problem; rather--four disappearances in less than a year is too much of coincidence. I have concluded there is something wrong with the breakaway mechanisms. In the over 25 years I've had cats, the only other time a collar came off was when it caught on a venetian blinds cord's loop (none of that allowed in the house any more!) Had that not broken away, my cat would have probably hung herself, so no collar w/o a breakaway buckle.

Amazon has agreed to contact the seller to address any possible defect.

After the 1st two losses, it seemed logical to have handy replacements--little did I know they would be needed so frequently. Meanwhile, the back-up replacement collars from Savvy Tabby will be donated as I have had them too long to feel comfortable insisting on a refund. I believe these are excellent products if not for that very important safety aspect. I hope they fix it so I can buy them again... like I said, they are really soft (comfortable supposedly), very pretty little sparklies, and some great colors. I just wish I had ordered extra identity tags... this time I will.

Just a tip from another source: Place a little bit of elastic "string" to the breakaway closure on either side of the buckle... just enough so that if the collar breakaway separates, the elastic "should" help keep the collar from falling off entirely. Also, some cat owners, are solidly against the elastic breakaway collars as some cats can get them lodged in their mouth, or trap a paw.

Hey cat people, what are your suggestions? (Those leather collars are expensive compared to the Savvy Tabby brand, and mostly have the elastic breakaway.)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, May 20, 2014
Having used a lot of and variety of markers, I can say these are better than others. For one, the tip stays well-inked, nice even moisture flow, so fewer streaks, if any. It is a good shape, angled appropriately for most people's writing position. The tip seems to have a bit more "heft"--sturdier. I've used them up before the tip got mushy, unlike many competitors' markers. It covers well or a lot of surfaces. I have used it a lot for covering the shipping markings on packages so they can be re-used. It even does a good job over clear tape & slick, less porous labels... dries quickly. smudge resistant. These are great for large quick attention-grabbing markings, like on moving boxes. One interesting point: Who hasn't left the cap off only to discover much later and the ink is dry... a couple of times, after the cap was re-placed for a while, the tip was in good working condition. Other markers, once they're dry, they're not coming back with the cap simply being put back on. Hope you have as good an experience with these as I have.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My Cats Wish I Bought These by the Truckload, May 6, 2014
There is little my two kitties won't do for these treats. If they had opposable thumbs, they'd probably volunteer to use the vacuum cleaner for a chance to earn them. It's much more cost effective to buy in bulk, plus it means fewer times having to remember to put them on the shopping list. The other morning I could not find the bag I keep next to the TV chair. It turned up several feet away with teeth marks where it had been grabbed and entry attempted. Had I not come along sooner, surely the cats would have had their way with an entire bag... so, it's a good idea to keep the bags secure in a drawer or cabinet those miscreant kitties can't get into. BTW, doesn't matter what flavor, my cats love 'em, but seem to like the chicken and turkey the best. If you want to make it more interesting, hide them around so the cats get to "hunt". My cats have discovered that the treats are not always in the same place, so they've been observed "making the rounds" to all the little places--don't hide them too well or you may find claw marks on the hiding place. (The treats were used to introduce one cat to her new "bed". After finding her treats there regularly, she started laying around and sleeping in the thing.)

5 Pairs Sports Shoes Flat Shoestrings Laces Black Silver Tone
5 Pairs Sports Shoes Flat Shoestrings Laces Black Silver Tone
Offered by uxcell
Price: $7.83

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not silver "tone", May 6, 2014
Decent length for sport shoes and while not big on heft, they seem well made. The thing that knocks of the two stars is that it is not silver TONE. It is actually sparkly silver. This did not keep me from using them anyway and I have come to somewhat like having sparkly shoestrings.

Ziploc Big Bag Double Zipper, 3 Jumbo Big Bags
Ziploc Big Bag Double Zipper, 3 Jumbo Big Bags
Price: $6.26
20 used & new from $6.26

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WORTH THE $$$ OR EFFORT, May 6, 2014
S.C. Johnson is a quality company and fortunately stands by this product. THE CLOSURE--as so many others noted--DOES NOT STAY CLOSED. It is difficult to get closed securely, requiring close attention to ensuring both "zippers" tracks are even and go absolutely completely sealed from end to end. However, even with lightweight, yet somewhat bulky items, once picked up by the handle, the weight shifts and pushes the bag open from the sides, with the Ziploc tracks easily releasing. I suspect the tracks are too dinky to support the tension from the weight pushing the sides outward to accommodate the weight shift. The size is excellent for most bedding items (be sure not to over stuff), except for the closure problem. I wish I knew how all those people rating this 4-5 stars made theirs stay closed. Once I get one sealed this time, I'll fall back on my old Space Saver trick (never had one that stayed vac'd out for long--slow seepage, supposedly), wrap it in a bunch of packing or filament tape. Yeah, they lose the air, but stay relatively flat. Makes it hard to re-use, but at least serves a temporary purpose, albeit a less than expected result.

KITTY CITY Pouncing Paws - Motorized Cat Toy
KITTY CITY Pouncing Paws - Motorized Cat Toy
Offered by CAT1st-Your cat comes first!
Price: $29.99
23 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cat Toy, December 2, 2013
After being burned by the cheaper "As Seen..." version, I was hesitant to try again, but glad I did. So far, this has been worth the extra $$. The cheap version quit working with the 1st two uses (a total time of about an hour's use). It says something about that other company when they did not want their cheapo product sent back, but were willing to give a refund.

Both my cats are interested, but one has dominated this toy. She plays with it for hours; she'll even walk nonchalantly away as if she's lost interest. Then she'll make a headlong dash back at it and POUNCE She doesn't play gently. Seeing her sit on it, capture the thingie and hold it, etc. I've been worried she would break it. So far, this toy has been a trooper. Some reviews for this type of product complained that it ate batteries. That has not been the case for me. It's run for around 10 hours (not all at once of course), with nary a sign of letting up.

The only reason it doesn't have 5 stars is my deteriorating skepticism that it can continue withstanding Bodie Cat's abuse. (Her nickname is She Who Destroys Furniture.) So, if any of this changes, so will this review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 10:01 PM PDT

Lola 2211 Pro Amazin Scrubber Roller Mop Refill
Lola 2211 Pro Amazin Scrubber Roller Mop Refill
Price: $11.75
6 used & new from $11.74

5.0 out of 5 stars A good mop is important, October 12, 2013
Having used a couple dozen mops in my life, I think this will be my favorite. But, this is about the refill... being rounded makes for more surface area, plus it means an edge can be pushed flush with baseboards--definitely more versatility in placing the surface of the sponge. Also, the sponge is smack dab flush on the ends, making it so much easier to get under the toe kick and run it along the edge. While, it's only been used for a short while, I find the sponge to be sturdier than other mops... but, only time will tell. Now, most mops I've used seem to get ragged and dirty, and often smelly--probably because they retain dirty bacteria and its bad-mannered cousins. There's no indication of that yet & I'm guessing it will last longer. (The mop itself is great!) When it comes time to replace the mop head, if it's problematic, I'll add to this. From the looks of it, it won't be any more difficult than any other mop. If the engineering of the mop is any indication, replacing the sponge will be a breeze. (Even if it proves to be harder than other mops, I like this mop so much, that won't be a big minus.)

Myrurgia Maja Dry Skin Body Lotion, 13.5 Ounce
Myrurgia Maja Dry Skin Body Lotion, 13.5 Ounce
Offered by Natural Image Enterprises
Price: $11.99
6 used & new from $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Maja -- a long time fave, September 23, 2013
I have used this fragrance for many many years and like it for it's fresh kind of soapy smell. I use the cologne, powder and lotion. For a light all day touch, use the lotion alone or with a touch of the powder. For a more "intense" experience (not an overdose, please), add the cologne lightly. Your fragrance should never enter the room before you do. On hot summer days, I like to toss a bit of the powder down the ol' unmentionables a few times throughout the day. In the winter, refresh the fragrance with a bit of the lotion on your arms and neck--in moderation, please. This fragrance has supposedly been around for 100 years, so someone besides me must like it. While it's described as spicy, it doesn't strike my nose with that pungency of a lot of spice-based scents. It seems best suited for cool temps (makes me think of a cashmere sweater set), but I've found a refreshing quality to wearing it in warm weather. The lotion is like any perfumed lotion--does the job. It's the fragrance that makes it special..

1,000 Catnip seeds - catmints KITTY KITTENS CAT LOVE THEM CAT MINT MINTS TREAT
1,000 Catnip seeds - catmints KITTY KITTENS CAT LOVE THEM CAT MINT MINTS TREAT
Offered by jshopssj
Price: $3.94
2 used & new from $3.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, September 23, 2013
Arrived in two plastic baggies with no instructions or even labels. Cannot be sure they are even catnip seeds. Have planted a second batch as the first failed. The company eventually emailed some planting instructions that were more complex than the average seed packet. If this second planting fails, I will update this and downgrade the rating.

UPDATE (October 2013): Planted more in new dirt, pressed into dirt lightly (about the depth of a fingertip) and covered with slight layer (enough to cover well and then a bit more), also lightly pressed; kept soil a little moist, and put it all in a very sunny/warm location... throughout, just barely moistened the soil. Can't say for sure that's the difference, but soon after the 1st viable plant appeared, a few smaller ones started growing--only a couple of those survived. But, the amount of seeds sowed compared to what grew was about 100 seeds for every sprout.

Yes, these instructions are not terribly precise, but that how I garden.. mostly by the seat of my pants. ;-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 8:15 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6