Profile for JT > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 119

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JT RSS Feed (Stanford, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Lilly Brush Be Forever Furless - Dog Hair, Cat Hair, and Lint Remover
Lilly Brush Be Forever Furless - Dog Hair, Cat Hair, and Lint Remover
Offered by Lilly Brush
Price: $19.95
4 used & new from $18.55

3.0 out of 5 stars "It's Okay", but sticky tape rollers are much better., September 28, 2014
I've tried a couple of these pet hair removal brushes. "They're OK", the Amazon definition of 3 stars, fits perfectly. They work well if you want to get large surfaces fairly clean quickly. However, they work poorly to get small areas, especially clothing, clean enough to wear. For that you really need the sticky tape pet hair / lint removers, and the Evercare Giant Lint Roller is the best I've tried. If you have a longhaired pet, you should ideally have one of each, but if you want to have only one on hand, definitely get a sticky tape remover, not one of these. This brush is a bit different from other hair removal brushes, in that they recommend moistening the brush first; that does seem to boost its perfomance over other hair removal brushes, but that is an extra hassle, may not be good for some surfaces, and in any case this still is nowhere near as good as sticky tape hair / lint removal rollers.

Pet Buddies PB5577 FurBeGone Dog Grooming Brush-TPR, Blue
Pet Buddies PB5577 FurBeGone Dog Grooming Brush-TPR, Blue
Offered by Sky Innovations inc
Price: $14.95

I've tried a couple of these rubber pet hair removal brushes. "They're OK", the Amazon definition of 3 stars, fits perfectly. They work well if you want to get large surfaces fairly clean quickly. However, they work poorly to get small areas, especially clothing, clean enough to wear. For that you really need the sticky tape pet hair / lint removers, and the Evercare Giant Lint Roller is the best I've tried. If you have a longhaired pet, you should ideally have one of each, but if you want to have only one on hand, definitely get a sticky tape remover, not one of these.

Evercare Giant Lint Roller, 60 Sheet Roll
Evercare Giant Lint Roller, 60 Sheet Roll
Offered by MetaRetail
Price: $6.99
7 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to de-fur, September 28, 2014
If you have a longhaired pet and have been "furred", you need to have one or more of these around. They remove all hair from every surface I tried, from various clothing to upholstery, with minimal effort. Some reviewers find each tape sheet difficult to remove to expose a fresh sheet, but I did not have that problem, even though I have essentially no fingernails to use. And this brand does seem stickier than other brands, such as 3M. Time to de-fur (no pun intended, though it's hard to resist).

Chemical Guys ACC_S06 - Professional Rubber Pet Hair Removal Brush

Offered by D&J Shopping Connection
Price: $16.16
23 used & new from $12.37

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but these arrived NUKED!, September 28, 2014
I had no idea how many stars to give; here's what happened, you decide how many stars: Kirkland, Costco's brand, has made the best dark chocolate covered fruit I've ever tasted--these Super Fruits. I went nuts over some purchased at Costco: high quality dark chocolate, much as with Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry 2 Pounds Resealable Bag [Misc.], but the fruit is even better. However, it is very difficult for me to get to Costco, so I bought these through Amazon. They unfortunately arrived congealed into a solid, hard mass. Looking at other recent reviews on Amazon, customers who purchased this at around the time I did had the very same experience. Amazon readily refunded the amount, which was great, but could not send a replacement. I couldn't bear to just throw the bag out, so I tried chipping off a piece of the congealed chocolate fruit slag, which really did look like it had been nuked in a reactor: total core meltdown. I tasted it. . .aaack. Dumb idea. So, don't buy these online, but try to get to Costco and buy a fresh bag, they're incredible. 1 star for the nuked mess; 5 stars for the original product. I averaged that out to 3 stars. If you want to buy great dark chocolate covered fruits through Amazon, I strongly recommend Brookside.

5.11 #74273 Men's TacLite Pro Pant (Charcoal, 34W-32L)
5.11 #74273 Men's TacLite Pro Pant (Charcoal, 34W-32L)
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LIke lightweight BDU's, only better: functional yet fashionable., September 14, 2014
First, the fit: despite being nice and baggy, BDU style, the waist and inseam are surprisingly precise (even given the side elastic in the waistband) and tailored. These are exactly what I wanted: a lightweight version of BDU's (with a zip fly, not buttons!) in real ripstop, with plenty of pockets (back, front, cargo, and a cellphone pocket (an iPhone 5s fits perfectly, an iPhone 6 probably would too, but larger smartphones would not) on one upper thigh, with a spacious mag pouch on the other (that's where a larger smartphone, within reason, would fit)). All pockets except the cellphone pocket close with ample Velcro; the rear pockets are slash style for easy access. There is a very convenient D ring for a flashlight, key ring, carabiners or ID tag, built into the right front waistband, below the generous belt loops, and a mysterious, thick webbing strap across the right rear slash pocket; I've seen various speculation about its purpose, that's not where you'd want a drag handle, it would be useless if you're lying on that side. Best bet is that it's for hanging oversize gear, like hearing protectors. These are truly the "Swiss Army Knife" of pants, yet are refined enough for casual wear. Every seam appears to be triple stitched and in every crucial spot there are additional thick reinforcing tabs. For an excellent online comparison, check out http://edcforums.com/threads/lightweight-tactical-pants-review.105516/

Wrangler Men's Premium Performance Cowboy Cut Jean, Dark Stone, 34x32
Wrangler Men's Premium Performance Cowboy Cut Jean, Dark Stone, 34x32
Price: $36.95
5 used & new from $36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great pair of Wranglers, September 14, 2014
As always, these Wranglers are great jeans for working, riding, or hanging around. This pair is new, but no reason to expect that they won't be as durable as past pairs. This pair is for paddock use, to replace Wranglers that finally, after many years of hard outdoor use, wore a hole in the knee that became too large to ignore.

AO Coolers Black 48-pack Soft-sided Cooler
AO Coolers Black 48-pack Soft-sided Cooler
Price: $75.04
7 used & new from $65.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading: this does NOT expand into a soft sided box cooler!, September 14, 2014
Looks well made, but this does NOT expand to the dimensions advertised, or to a nice square cooler, as photos suggest; rather, it is constructed like a vertical envelope, which does not naturally open into a rectangular space. I returned it immediately, and bought a much cheaper ($9.99 in 8/14, though now it spiked to $13.99), softsided, box-like cooler Choice Soft Sided Insulated Cooler Bag - Black Nylon, with a zip open top, that is exactly what I wanted, particularly for use in my trunk. I'm sure this cooler is good for some applications, but frankly I can't imagine what they are.

Bogs Men's Ultra High Waterproof Winter & Rain Boot,Black,12 M
Bogs Men's Ultra High Waterproof Winter & Rain Boot,Black,12 M
Price: $112.38
15 used & new from $61.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, except not mouseproof., September 14, 2014
I bought my first pair of these boots 4 years ago, so I can attest to their comfort, solid footing in all terrain and weather, and durability. My old pair showed no significant wear, even in their thick rubber soles. However the uppers, which seem to be neoprene, are apparently delicious to the mice in my barn, where I made the mistake of leaving the boots, to find the uppers nicely shredded by the little buggers. Otherwise, those neoprene (?) uppers are wonderful: they fold down easily, to facilitate removing the tall boots, and they fold back up for putting them on, so you can use the rugged handle cutouts at the top to pull them snug swiftly and surely. My horses don't step on my feet, but the toes on these boots are so thick, I doubt I would feel it.

Carhartt Men's  Long Sleeve Shirt, Dark Brown Chambray, Medium
Carhartt Men's Long Sleeve Shirt, Dark Brown Chambray, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought these as lightweight work shirts, but they look too darned good!, September 4, 2014
I had a strange problem with this shirt: it was too good! I had bought it as a lightweight work shirt, and for riding (horses) and working outside in hot weather. This would work fine for that--but it was so attractive, with an almost woven look, that I couldn't bring myself to use it for that purpose! It seems rugged enough for outdoor work, but I'm going to use it as casual wear, and even for Casual Fridays at the office. I'm a 42 regular, but have a 33 inch waist, and the Medium fits perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12