Profile for Paul Theophall > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul Theophall RSS Feed (Absecon, NJ United States)

The 'Burbs
The 'Burbs
DVD ~ Tom Hanks
Price: $8.69
39 used & new from $2.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Satan Is Good, Satan Is Our Pal..., March 13, 2001
This review is from: The 'Burbs (DVD)
This is one of those movies, that for whatever reason, is difficult to look away from once you begin watching it. Tom Hanks is wonderful as "everyman" Ray Peterson. I think anyone who grew up in (or now lives in) the suburbs will get a real kick out of this film. Every neighborhood in America has a "ghost story" or two about something that happened there many years ago...or a house that seems to be "haunted" because no one mows the lawn or picks up the mail. This movie has a great balance of comedy and mystery to it. Are the Klopeks really killing people and burning them up in their basement? Or have Ray, Art, and Mark let their imaginations get the better of them? The answer is in question until the very end of the movie. If you miss Tom Hanks doing comedies...this is the film to see. Ray crumpling beer cans or screaming in the backyard after finding a femur bone sets me off laughing every time I see this flick. This is great fun for a rainy Saturday afternoon.

Caddyshack
Caddyshack
DVD ~ Chevy Chase
Offered by HOLLYWOOD DEALS
Price: $5.99
355 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Caddyshack = Comedy Classic.....But we need more extras!, April 22, 2000
This review is from: Caddyshack (DVD)
Hey, if you're reading this, you probably already know how hilarious Caddyshack is. I've gotta say I was disappointed when I purchased the 20th Anniversary DVD and it was the same thing as the 19th Anniversary VHS! I've never had the pleasure of seeing the TV version of this film, which from what I've read on other posts, has a lot of deleted footage. Why wasn't this footage included in the 20th DVD? In the trailer alone there's a bunch of scenes that aren't included in the film. How about including them? The bottom line is, while the film is great, we're starving for ALL the extra footage! I feel like I'm Spaulding and Warner Brothers is Judge Smails. "I want a hamburger, no...a cheeseburger, I want a hot dog, I want potato chips" -- "You'll get nothing and like it!" Give us more!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 12:09 PM PDT