Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Sally > Reviews

Browse

Sally's Profile

Customer Reviews: 216

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sally RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Brother HL-L2360DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
Offered by Sunrise & Sunset Delivery
Price: $107.49
56 used & new from $51.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice printer, June 22, 2016
It was difficult to set up the wifi at first. I followed the instructions, but it just wasn't working. Finally, after about the 5th or 6th attempted it began to work. However, I had to use an Ethernet cable instead of regular wifi. Even then I had issues at first until it finally decided to just connect and work after multiple tries. I just ordered a usb cable, specifically designed for this printer (regular usb cables won't work, it has to be a usb designed to fit into this printer, just type in "Brother 2360DW USB cable" to find it, as it doesn't come inside the box) as a backup method in case the Ethernet option stops working. So far the Ethernet option is working fine though. I've had no issues after this initial setup process.

Anyway, the reason I went with a laser printer instead of an inkjet printer is due to the fact that inkjet printers, from my experience, eat the heck out of the ink cartridges. Thankfully, the toners that come with laser printers last quite awhile if you're like me and only need it for home use. The toner claims it will last up to 700 pages (this is the starter toner btw, it comes inside the box). That for me is plenty. I can easily get a full years use out of this with no issues, maybe even more since again I don't print that often.

What I like about this printer is the fact that it's fast, prints nicely, holds 250 sheets of paper in the tray holder, and will still print even in sleep mode.

One thing that does disappoint me a bit though is the power cable. The older Brother printers used to have a power cable that you could easily replace by unplugging it from the printer. Now, however, the printer is attached to the cable so you either have to send it in to have Brother repair it or you have to just buy a whole new printer if your power cable ever gets damaged. I personally have a puppy who loves to chew on everything right now, so I made sure to hide the power cable from her so she can't reach it. Once the cable is damaged, that'd be it otherwise.

Other than that, it's a great printer and I'm happy with my purchase

Gray and White Meridian 3-piece Full / Queen Comforter Cover (Duvet-Cover-Set) 100 % Egyptian Cotton 300 TC
Offered by Royal Hotel Bedding
Price: $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So soft and great quality!, June 5, 2016
These sheets are so much softer than I expected. I used to think thread count was the main thing for softness, but it's not. It's the material too. Egyptian cotton is considered to be high quality material. It may only be 300 thread count, but the softness is amazing! I purchased the gray color, and washed it right away. The color stayed the same, with no bleeding whatsoever. I'm so happy with my purchase!

Tropiclean Hypo Allergenic Pet Shampoo, 20 Ounce
Tropiclean Hypo Allergenic Pet Shampoo, 20 Ounce
Price: $7.99
27 used & new from $7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars I won't buy anything else for my dog!, May 27, 2016
This is the only shampoo I will ever buy for my dog. I can't stand the heavily scented stuff because it makes me sneeze like crazy. This shampoo works just as good as the other products, without the heavy scent. I just took my dog to the dog park, where she got very dirty from the dirt and dog slobber as a result of playing with the other dogs. I took her home, bathed her with this shampoo, dried her with a towel, and she's as good as new! She's a beagle by the way. Her fur is soft and smooth now. She can sit in my lap without me sneezing up a storm like with other products out there. Overall, I highly recommend!

EZ-Lift EL2-18 Steel Bedding Support System, 3 Cross Supports, 2 Legs Each
EZ-Lift EL2-18 Steel Bedding Support System, 3 Cross Supports, 2 Legs Each
Offered by Homeplace Group
Price: $124.72
4 used & new from $109.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with metal too!, May 23, 2016
I have a wooden bed frame, but the bars on the sides that came with it to hold the matress are metal. See my photos!

I also purchased a bolt, nut, and washer kit to make this work. The holes in my bed's metal bars were pre drilled, so I didn't have to make them myself. I just had to play around with the sizes of the bolts, etc. until it worked. The end result was nice and sturdy. I even sat on each bar before putting the boxspring on, just to make sure they all held up well. I did have to tweek the leg on one to make it touch the floor, but that was my own fault since I originally screwed it in too short. It was an easy fix though. Always double check each bar before putting your boxspring on top. It saves time.

I should add that the instructions are horrible!!! I gave up on them and just figured it out myself. Once I got the hang of it though it was easy.

The end result made for a much sturdier bed! It's nice and firm now. Prior to this our matress was falling apart, literally. It was sinking inward. Not anymore!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gibson 91601.02 Home Hummington Eco-Friendly 2-Piece Ceramic Non-Stick Fry Pan Set, Multi-Size, Green
Offered by Super Deal
Price: $23.99
40 used & new from $13.18

2.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED REVIEW! They do not last very long., May 23, 2016
UPDATED REVIEW!!!

I originally wrote a 5 star review for this product because these skillets worked beautifully within the first week and a half. The reason I'm bringing it down to 2 stars is due to the fact that my food began to stick really badly. Even though I followed the recommendations on how to properly care for ceramic via an article I read (Use low to medium heat only, use silicone utensils in it, wait until completely cool to clean, use a silicone brush to clean, etc.) the non-stick surface quickly began to turn to a stick surface. I tried so hard to keep these nice, but they failed. Now a good portion of my eggs are uneaten because they're stuck and won't come out easily. The only way it comes out, and this is actually a cheap and toxic-free way to clean them thankfully, is to mix vinegar with baking soda and some water. It'll bubble at first, but not for long. Once the bubbles go away heat up the skillet to a boil and let it simmer for at least 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and let it sit there for as long as you feel is necessary. I usually go up to an hour, or sometimes all day if I don't need the skillet anytime soon. I'm telling you, it works wonders to get any left over food/debris without damaging the surface. My skillet was sticky with olive oil recently. No amount of Dawn could remove it. I had to use the vinegar/baking soda method. Once I did that the surface was nice and smooth again, and the non-stick feature seems to partially return (it's not perfect, but it's okay), BUT the catch is I have to use this method after every single use, even if it's just eggs being made.

I think my next route is going to be a cast iron skillet, since they last a lifetime and are non stick if you season them properly, but we'll see. I've honestly never tried cast iron before, but given my bad experience with these ceramic skillets I'm willing to try it out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2016 9:56 AM PDT

Jalousie Antibacterial Silicone Dish Scrubber Sponge Brush for Dishwashing, Multi-purpose Cleaning Such as Makeup Brush Cleaner, Soldering Tip Cleaner (Snow Flower)
Offered by Jalousie
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe on ceramic pots and pans!!, May 23, 2016
I use this silicone scrubber for my non stick ceramic pots and pans. Using anything else will scratch and ruin them otherwise. This works wonderfully and it's so easy to disinfect. Just boil water and toss it in there for 30 seconds, and use tongs to grab it and take it out. Air dry by hanging it using the attached suction cup against the sink, or wherever you wish to hang it. Now, I will admit I don't use this on everything. For the tough to remove food debris I still also use a standard dish brush, but for my sensitive dishes that can't be scratched I use this alone and it works beautifully.

Pet Champion Dog Rope Toy with Ball and Handle, Medium
Pet Champion Dog Rope Toy with Ball and Handle, Medium
Price: $3.62
3 used & new from $3.62

1.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS!!!, May 21, 2016
In my photo you can see I removed the plastic piece via scissors since my 6 month old beagle tore it into pieces! She also ripped the tennis ball cover right off. I still keep the toy after tossing the plastic and covering of the tennis ball, but still. We had the toy for only a week and this is what it looks like now. Do yourself a favor and buy a higher quality toy. You'd be better off spending $30 on a strong rope toy that won't risk hurting your pet. Vet surgeries are expensive. Thankfully nothing was on the xray after tearing up this toy. Xrays alone were 250 just for peace of mind. Surgery, if needed, would be 1500. Be careful when purchasing toys!!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Black D Shaped Carabiner Hook Clip Holder for Camping Boating 10pcs
Black D Shaped Carabiner Hook Clip Holder for Camping Boating 10pcs
Offered by Fullautumn
Price: $1.29
15 used & new from $0.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're looking for TINY carabiner hooks!, May 11, 2016
These work perfect for my needs. I needed a tiny clip and these are the smallest carabiner clips I've ever seen! I love them! The're strong too despite how small they are. If you are looking for tiny, it's here. If you're looking for medium or larger like what you see in most retail stores then these aren't for you.

Herm. Sprenger® Ultra-Plus Prong Training Collar, 3.25 mm
Herm. Sprenger® Ultra-Plus Prong Training Collar, 3.25 mm
Price: $19.89
33 used & new from $19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars It's legit the kind from Germany, May 9, 2016
I ordered this after watching a dog training video by Jeff Gellman. You can find his videos on YouTube. He shows you how easy it is to walk your dog with it, and instructs you on all the steps. You can't just put this put this on your dog and expect results. There's a learning curve that you have to follow. His videos will teach you how to do out properly. It's very easy.

So I just took my dog on a walk. With a harness she would pull and pull and pull. With this she whined because she couldn't pull anymore (Jeff explains that all dogs react differently. Some roll on the ground, some cry, some sit and flat out refuse the collar by refusing to move, etc. Again, he'll tell you how to handle those situations if they occur). My dog is VERY stubborn and saw a squirrel, so she attempted to pull and then cried because it's uncomfortable (NOT painful, just uncomfortable to pull). She was upset, but stopped once she realized it wasn't worth the discomfort. She whined and even bit the leash. Keep in mind this was our first walk with this, so we're both still learning how to handle it. Right now I'm trying to get her to stick as close to me as possible. If she pulls in a different direction I just give a quick yet gentle tug toward me. Once she follows, I release the tension to let her know that following me is good. Attempting to go in another direction needs correction. GENTLE CORRECTION IS KEY!!! NEVER YANK OR PULL, BE GENTLE!!!

Overall, it's a great tool and it truly is from Germany, so it's high quality that won't hurt your dog if used correctly.

Pwr+ 120W Extra Long 14 Ft AC-Adapter-Charger for MSI-Laptop CX62 GE60 GE60K GE62 GE70 GE70K GE72 GP60 GP70 GP72 GS60 GS70 Stealth MS-16GA MS-16GC MS-1756 MS-1757 MS-1771 Power-Supply-Cord: ★Check Compatibility Photo★
Offered by PWR+
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $19.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for the MSI GE 62!, May 9, 2016
So my puppy decided to chew through the original charger, so I had to replace it. I tried so hard to find the original product, but was unable to find it anywhere on the internet. So, after reading all the positive reviews on this one, I decided to buy it. So far it's working perfectly. I love the blue light on it as well to indicate that it is plugged in. Some reviewers complained that theirs failed after only 2 or 3 months. If that happens, I'll update my review of course, but as of right now it's doing it's job just fine. I'm very happy :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20