Profile for Stanley Fu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 71

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stanley Fu RSS Feed (Irvine, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
DHP Lodge Futon, Charcoal
DHP Lodge Futon, Charcoal
Price: $159.99
3 used & new from $159.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Usable, August 23, 2014
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Charcoal (Misc.)
I picked this up looking for a cheap futon for the guest room/office so that it could split duties as a spare bed as well as a couch to sit and watch the small TV in the room. Between the two, it does a better job at being a couch as it's decently firm and comfortable enough to sit on for basic TV viewing or playing video games. As a bed, it's a bit rough there are hard spots, and the length is fairly short for a grown adult to sleep in. I'm about 5'7" and fit ok, but any one taller probably needs to sleep a little crooked to fit completely. Still, it works well enough for our 2 bedroom apartment and at the low price its worth the basic functionality and cheap enough that if we move and don't want to take it with us we wouldn't be upset about the sunk cost.

Set up is easy, with the legs hidden in a small zippered pocket under the futon and just screwing in the legs. Converting is also simple, as you the back lifts up easily to turn it into a couch, and pulling it all the way up lets it drop all the way back down in to the bed form. I like the material, although it feels like it can be easily scratched by pets and general use seems like it could lead to wear and tear quickly so I'm not convinced this will last too long without a separate cover. It earns it's 3 stars as a cheap, usable item but not particularly great or some sort of hidden bargain for those value shoppers. In the end, it does the job and is probably comparable to the $100-150 options you see at Walmart or Target.

Ideal Pet Products Medium Modular Patio Pet Door, White
Ideal Pet Products Medium Modular Patio Pet Door, White
Price: $119.66
21 used & new from $111.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Dog Door Option for Apartments, July 14, 2014
As apartment dwellers who both work during the day and needed to make sure our dogs could go out to the patio to use the bathroom while we were gone, this product worked like a charm! The installation video on Amazon's product page was excellent, and made the set up of this a breeze. Our installation was a bit tougher since our sliding door to the patio for our apartment seemed to be a non-standard 88" instead of 80" like 96", but nothing a little extra padding and material to cover the remaining areas didn't solve.

The medium sized door is a little smaller then expected, but our two small dogs (a japanese-chin/shih-tzu mix and a pekingese) both fit through nicely and they're each about 14 pounds. Any bigger and I think there might be some trouble. The flap is nice and heavy so it took our dogs some training to push through it, but on the bright side it makes a nice seal to keep out any other bugs and stays closed. The inclusion of a separate plastic door cover to close off the dog door completely is also a nice touch. We also really like the included weather seal padding also works great to fill in the extra gaps between our sliding door and this item. We've had this for about a week now, and no accidents in the apartment and our dogs love going in and out whenever they want. Highly recommended for anyone needing a dog door without the trouble of an entire new door or cutting a hole manually.

Cisco Model DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem - Cable modem - external - Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit E -
Offered by Electronics Prime LLC
Price: $75.48
17 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Modem for Cox Subscribers, July 14, 2014
I purchased a used version of this modem from Amazon after moving to a new city with Cox Communications as the cable provider so I could avoid paying a monthly modem rental fee. Although I was hesitant on buying used, the resellers all had very good reviews and at a price under $25 and product guarantees, it was hard to beat versus nearly $100 new for this model or other brands like Motorola. Plus, it looks like a lot of the negative reviews regarding this product revolve around using it in conjunction with other cable providers.

In my apartment with Cox's 25 Mbps Preferred tier, the modem works like a charm. No issues with the technician activating the modem for me, and speedtest.net shows I a nice result of around 32 Mbps download and about 6 or 7 Mbps upload consistently. The modem is rated for Cox's Ultimate internet tier as a DOCSIS 3.0 modem and supports 8x4 bonded streams, so in case I want to upgrade or Cox boosts their internet speeds i'm ready to go and don't have to worry about any future compatibility issues anytime soon. For Cox Communications subscribers, I highly recommend this modem.

Dell XPS 8700 Desktop Computers - Dell X8700-1563BLK Desktop & 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7-4770
Offered by Amazing Lightning Deals
Price: $869.99
8 used & new from $813.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Solid System, December 3, 2013
I normally purchase these direct from Dell, but bought a few from Amazon for a quick need at work. Coming from a place where i'm used to high end workstations or custom built systems, i've been pretty impressed with these 8700's so far. With 50+ systems deployed, we haven't had any issues with the hardware at all, and they work great as workstations for our developers. One of the best CPU's on the market, plenty of RAM, and a decent amount of bays to add in an SSD.

The only negative is that the power supply appears to be rated at 460 watts, and the amount of space for a 3rd party video card is limited. We're able to crap a PNY GTX 660 in there with some effort, but I can't imagine anything longer then that will fit in the case. That knocks off a star for upgradability, but everything else has been solid after about 4 months of use so far.

OLLO: PREMIUM: UNIVERSAL ROLLING TV CART TROLLEY STAND WITH WHEELS FOR 32-55" FOR FLAT SCREEN TV, LOCK, BAKED ENAMEL FINISH LED, LCD (TRC64)
Offered by OLLO USA
Price: $219.99
3 used & new from $195.05

4.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Rolling TV Cart, August 25, 2013
We purchased this for an office along with a 55" Sony KDL-55W802A so that we would have a portable entertainment cart and move it to conference rooms or out on the floor with a PC connected to display high resolution images and content, as well as play some video games. The cart was fairly easy to put together, although the shelf is a bit flimsier then I expected. Probably not an issue for most people putting a basic game console or blu-ray player on the shelf, but we have a PC on there so it's a bit shaky. It's not going to fall or anything, but something to keep in mind. The actual mount holds the TV firmly and securely, and the lock is a nice touch to prevent people from messing with it too much and moving the TV.

The 55" TV is perfectly steady and was extremely easy to mount as well. The stand is a bit on the shorter side, but it's not too bad. The TV sits at about eye level for me standing straight up, and i'm 5'7". So it's not the tallest thing display cart if you want something big and more visible, but it's adequate for basic viewing. No issues with the wheels either, the cart moves around great and smoothly, and the locks were fine to keep it in place as well. The steel construction is very solid and well built, so I have no worries about this falling apart anytime soon.

Overall, highly recommended if you need your TV to be portable.

Black Paw Magnetic Whiteboard Eraser
Black Paw Magnetic Whiteboard Eraser
Offered by Big Blue Supplies
Price: $8.80
10 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Eraser, August 25, 2013
I picked this up wanting something a little more unique then your standard white board eraser. This is cute, works perfectly fine, and is magnetic so it sits nicely on a wall mounted white board.

Belkin 6-Feet AC Replacement Power Cord
Belkin 6-Feet AC Replacement Power Cord
Price: $6.80
60 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Replacement Power Cables, August 25, 2013
Nothing special here, we needed a few spare power cables for some PC's and Monitors that went missing and these fit the bill perfectly. No issues, cheap, and work great for various 23" LCD's and XPS 8700 Dell systems.

Mommy's Helper Outlet Plugs - 36 Pack
Mommy's Helper Outlet Plugs - 36 Pack
Offered by MetaRetail
Price: $6.28
6 used & new from $2.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Outlet Plugs, August 18, 2013
I picked these up to cover up power outlets we had in an office that were on the same circuit to prevent overload, and they work great. Nice and simple, fit perfectly, without being too difficult to pull back out if necessary. However if you're buying these to prevent kids from poking their fingers around, I can see them being a bit too easy for a youngster to pull out.

Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: $14.95
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cable, August 18, 2013
I've had various issues with USB to Serial adapters before causing blue screens on various laptops, both on a previous ASUS Windows 7 laptop, and again on a new Acer Windows 8 laptop for work, with driver issues that I never could resolve. This one worked perfectly with the drivers included, and I haven't had any of the issues that I did previously. Highly recommended for anyone that needs a serial port for administering network switches or servers.

Aleratec SATA Data Cable, 20in - 12 Pack
Aleratec SATA Data Cable, 20in - 12 Pack
Offered by Aleratec
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great affordable SATA cables, August 18, 2013
I picked these up for a large number of Samsung SSD upgrades that didn't include a SATA cable themselves for a large number of Dell XPS systems. These worked perfectly, and a great price for a large number of cables in bulk. Definitely recommended for any one that needs a quick bundle of cables.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8