Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for J9 > Reviews

Browse

J9's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J9 RSS Feed (Lynn, MA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
IXL Math Practice
IXL Math Practice
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is this incompatible with Kindle???, September 16, 2015
This review is from: IXL Math Practice (App)
My daughter needs this for school. I got her her own Kindle, but it's useless. Very dissatisfied Kindle customer.

Summer Tree, The: Book One of the Fionavar Tapestry
Summer Tree, The: Book One of the Fionavar Tapestry
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally absorbing, fantastic read!, September 11, 2015
I found this book in a comics store, where the store clerk had stuck a little note on the shelf giving it high praise. On a whim, I bought it - and just devoured the whole trilogy. I absolutely loved it. This was the first time I'd heard of Guy Gavriel Kay. I wish I could go back in time and thank that store clerk! I could not put these books down - to the extent that I called in sick to work so I could stay home and read*. It weaves all the classic fantasy/mythology elements together in an incredible way.

*That was the only time I ever did that, and it was many years ago, in case my boss reads this!

Tigana: Anniversary Edition
Tigana: Anniversary Edition
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, September 11, 2015
This is a rich, vivid, wonderful book, one of my all-time favorites.

Miramont's Ghost
Miramont's Ghost
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, March 22, 2015
This review is from: Miramont's Ghost (Kindle Edition)
The author takes a real place with its real-life mystery and builds a fictional story around it. It's a cool idea, but the story never really grabbed me.

The Girl on the Train: A Novel
The Girl on the Train: A Novel
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, March 9, 2015
All the book-review cliches apply here - the book was riveting, suspenseful, full of twists and turns, really a great read.

Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black
Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black
Price: $69.99
11 used & new from $42.83

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT ALL COLORS WILL SHIP BY XMAS, November 30, 2014
Note that the blue and black ones will not be in stock until AFTER Christmas. I ordered the cobalt one on 11/29 as a Christmas gift for my daughter. I could swear the website said it was in stock and I would get it on Monday 12/1. This morning I got an email saying I wouldn't get it until Dec. 29th. I called customer service and they said I could buy the more expensive HD7 instead. After 20 minutes on the phone, I finally learned that it was the COLOR that wasn't in stock. I changed my order to the white one, and now I should get it by Dec. 9th. (I bought a protective cover that will cover the color up, anyway.) White will be in stock 12/4, the yellow/green and magenta will be in stock on 12/20, the blue and black will NOT be in stock until after Christmas. (I had to put a star rating on here, even though I haven't gotten it yet.)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 2:07 AM PST

Farm Frenzy 3: American pie
Farm Frenzy 3: American pie
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but slower than FF2, January 26, 2014
This review is from: Farm Frenzy 3: American pie (App)
Other people have commented on this, and it is definitely true that in this version of the game you have to tap products several times before it registers. It slows the game down and makes it frustrating, so it's not as fun. You're trying to beat the clock, but then you have to tap something 5 times before it "takes" - like I said, frustrating. What's weird is F2f doesn't have that problem.

Stay Away From My Mother
Stay Away From My Mother
Price: $17.81
23 used & new from $1.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Obscure band - great album, November 17, 2013
This album is fantastic. The lyrics are smart and incredibly biting, and the melodies are catchy. "Leave Gina Alone" is a gorgeous gem of a song.

Cards Against Humanity
Cards Against Humanity
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A party game for horrible people - which apparently we are!, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Cards Against Humanity (Toy)
This game is absolutely hilarious. It is also dark, awful, inappropriate, and twisted. We played this last night at my 4th of July cookout, and it was a huge hit. Not for sensitive folks or those who are quick to take offense.

Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I. loved. this. book., February 3, 2013
If you enjoy dystopian drama, or sci-fi that is more about story and character than tech-speak, do yourself a favor and give Wool a try. I'm usually wary of the cheap Kindle reads, having been burned by awful writing and flimsy stories. Wool is fantastic - gripping and suspenseful, with fascinating characters.

My only gripe, and it is a TINY one, I assure you, is that ****SPOILER ALERT**** that you get invested in some characters that are taken out of the story entirely, pretty early on. The "real" main character doesn't show up for awhile. (Now that I think about it, it is probably because what feels like one book to me is actually 5 separate books sold as a package. So I'm a little slow on the uptake here!)

****OKAY, IT IS SAFE TO READ AGAIN NOW. That is a tiny, eensy-weensy gripe, not even a gripe really, more of an observation, and by no means should dissuade you from reading Wool. Seriously. Do it now.

Page: 1 | 2