Profile for bydoing > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bydoing RSS Feed

Klymit Insulated Static V Sleeping Pad
Klymit Insulated Static V Sleeping Pad
Price: $61.62
39 used & new from $56.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable., May 15, 2014
I luv this mat. When I first sat down on it, my butt landed in one of the channels and so, hit the hard ground. Oh-Oh!...I thought I bought a dud!. But when I lay down and my weight spread out over the mat, I found it to be very, very comfortable. It is also much warmer than I had expected. I am 5' and 2" and weigh 130 pounds. I am a restless sleeper. The mat supports me well, no matter how much I toss and turn. My hips do not poke through to the ground when I am on my side. I have only had it out on two short early spring trips of two nights per trip. So far, so good. It is quick to blow up...about 10 breaths as described...and it is just as quick and easy to release the air and pack it up in the supplied bag. A patch kit came with mine :) So far, I am very pleased with the Klymit Insulated Static V Camping Pad.

Gear Aid Tent Sure floor sealant with foam brush, 8-Ounce
Gear Aid Tent Sure floor sealant with foam brush, 8-Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Product seems to work well so far., May 15, 2014
Just finished waterproofing a small one-man tent and rain fly. Tent is new, but had leaks in floor of tent and around 3 vents in the fly, but I thoroughly treated the whole tent and fly. The 8 oz bottle was just enough for the job. Testing it in the rain now...seems to be holding up after steady rain (at times heavy) last night and all day today.

Four Paws Ultimate Touch Dog Grooming Safety Nail Clipper
Four Paws Ultimate Touch Dog Grooming Safety Nail Clipper
Offered by BOOGIE ROCK
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 23, 2013
These clippers really cut well. I've had them for quite some time, and the edge seem to be holding up well.
I use them on my adult cats. Especially good for the very old cats when their nails get thick and brittle.
Too big for young cats, though.
I don't like the safety guard at all. I keep it out of the way so I can see where I'm cutting.

Wiley X Saber Advanced Sunglasses, Smoke Grey, Matte Black
Wiley X Saber Advanced Sunglasses, Smoke Grey, Matte Black
Offered by KILLER INSIGHT (No Tax)
Price: $35.99
15 used & new from $29.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, June 23, 2013
Luv these glasses. Had them for a while. I use them on the range and when I go fishing.
The included head strap comes in handy to prevent loss in the boat.
Nose piece is adjustable to comfort.
I like the fact that there is clear view across the top of the nose when using them at the range.

Tricky to change lenses. You get nervous when trying to take out the lens because they don't snap out easily. So you know they won't fall apart on you. But the lens will come out, just follow the instructions and hold them in the right spot when pulling them out.

Kamik Women's Pearson Shearling Boot,Black,8 M US
Kamik Women's Pearson Shearling Boot,Black,8 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot, June 23, 2013
Very warm boot. Uppers are a little stiff, but do yourself a favour and allow them wear in...like you would the heal of a shoe.
They are true to fit. You may want them a fraction bigger...not for extra socks...but just to allow your feet to spread out a bit and get some more air and prevent sweating. You don't really need the extra sock. They keep my feet toasty through cold Northern Ontario winters.

Toshiba Replacement 65W AC Adapter (19V 3.42A) for Satellite Series
Toshiba Replacement 65W AC Adapter (19V 3.42A) for Satellite Series
Offered by CoolGo
Price: $8.95
23 used & new from $3.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, June 23, 2013
This adapter ran very hot.
Then it stopped working after two days!
Save your money and find a better product.

Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python, 2nd Edition
Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python, 2nd Edition
by Al Sweigart
Price: $22.13
57 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Beginner's Book, October 30, 2010
I just received this book last week, and I am having so much fun with it...So much fun, that this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review for a book purchased from Amazon.

I am 59 years old, with no programming experience, and I am the furthest thing from being a computer geek that you could imagine. I have always wanted to learn a little about programming. I have leafed through some other books, but they all seemed either very intimidating or very dry/boring, or both. This book is just perfect to get someone like me started. What a fun way to learn...whether you are a kid or a big kid-at-heart.

The extras and helpful tools on the author's website are a great bonus.

I find that having the book in hand to make notes in, makes for a better learning experience. But if you are only going to download the free version, then please consider making a donation on the author's website...I think the author really deserves it.