Profile for J. Parks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Parks RSS Feed (GA)

Sima SIP-3 Ultimate International Travel Adapter Plug Set
Sima SIP-3 Ultimate International Travel Adapter Plug Set
Price: $14.42
29 used & new from $8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly with 3 prong devices in Netherlands, Germany, and Cyprus, June 9, 2011
I was very unsure as to exactly what plugs I would need when traveling to different countries in Europe but this took care of them all. I used these adapters in conjunction with a travel surge protector to give me more outlets Simran SM-60 110V-250V Universal 3 Outlet Power Strip/Surge Protector for Worldwide Travel with Overload Protection, Black.

I had zero issues with functionality with multiple locations in the Netherlands, Germany, and Cyprus. The two small round posts were used in the Netherlands and Germany and the larger 3 posts set at angles from each other was used in Cyprus.

This does not change the voltage! Whatever you plug into the adapter has to be able to support the higher voltage used in Europe. i was able to plug in a 3 prong surge protector to give me more outlets and it worked great. My wife also plugged in her dual voltage hair dryer and dual voltage straightener directly to this adapter and through the surge protector that was plugged into this adapter. I would say she was the biggest stress tester of the device and it worked great.

It came with all three adapters put together but after I took it apart to use them I couldn't figure out how it goes back together. However, they are each so small it didn't really matter. Also, depending on the kind of wall outlet you plug the adapters into you may have to work on a good fit. I think this has more to do with the wall outlet than the adapter.

Bottom line - it worked great across several countries in Europe and I had zero issues.

Timbuk2 Luggage Tag
Timbuk2 Luggage Tag

5.0 out of 5 stars The only durable luggage tag to buy for frequent travelers, June 9, 2011
This review is from: Timbuk2 Luggage Tag (Sports)
I have gone through tons of luggage tags. I've tried the kind you buy at department stores, the cool circuit board tags, the cheapo's the leather straps - everything. They all get torn off after about 1-2 flights. I felt like I was cursed. A while ago I purchased the Timbuk2 Command Laptop Messenger Bag from Timbuk2 and found it to be pretty reliable and well built. I then checked to see what else they sold and found these luggage tags.

The tag itself is made of heavy duty material and has a clear compartment that you can slip a business card or paper tag into. The fit is very tight so the actual label does not come out. I bought Scotch® Self-Sealing Laminating Pouches, LS851G, Business Card Size and made my own label. It fits just fine in the Timbuk2 luggage tag if you trim the sides of the laminate just a little.

The metal band that attaches the tag is attached with a screw-clasp (not sure of the technical term but it's a little barrel that has a threaded female slot side that attaches to a threaded male post) that takes several several turns to close - this is good as it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for it to come undone through being moved, jostled or bumped. If it takes a person sitting there for 1 full minute to purposefully close it - it's not coming undone on accident. This is not a negative but please be aware that you have to thread the clasp together carefully to ensure a good fit and that you are not cross threading the clasp so it will not close correctly (this may be what the other reviewer did that thought the band was not good quality) The band is long enough to fit around basically anything on the piece of luggage you would want to attach it to.

Another reviewer made a comment that he felt the band was flimsy and would just come apart if pulled on. We have either just found Superman's Amazon account, the clasp was not threaded right or all the way down, or someone removed the tag on purpose. I guess it is possible that it did really have a failure do to being a lemon but I have 3 of these tags from Timbuk2 and they have literally been around the world with me and gone through a lot of abuse and I have nothing but high praise for their quality, workmanship, and how they look. They have outlasted every other luggage tag I have ever used and if I ever do actualy wear them out then I will be sure to buy them again.

Scotch Self-Sealing Laminating Pouches, 25-Pack (LS851G), Business Card Size
Scotch Self-Sealing Laminating Pouches, 25-Pack (LS851G), Business Card Size
Price: $12.93
32 used & new from $12.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for making luggage tags, June 9, 2011
I fly a lot and my luggage tags always get either torn or destroyed by water or misuse. I bought these specifically to use them to make my own luggage tags. I printed out the lable I wanted on my printer and then put the paper in the laminating puch and "Poof," I had a virtually indestructable luggage tag. I did trim the excess plastic down a little so it would fit in the Timbuk2 luggage tag holder I had (Timbuk2 Luggage Tag)but they work well in the sleeves on most luggage as well.

Simran SM-60 Universal Power Strip 3 Outlets for 110V-250V Worldwide Travel with Surge/Overload Protection
Price: $19.95
11 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well in US and 3 countries in Europe, June 9, 2011
The power strip worked great! I was able to use it to have my laptop and phone charging and my wife could plug her hair dryer or straightener in at the same time with no issues.

I purchased this item after buying another travel power strip that was expensive and from a big name brand that did not support the higher voltage in Europe and got fried. I used this in conjunction with a plug adapter that did not change the voltage so the strip was handling the higher voltage the whole time. It packs up very small and had just enough ports for my purposes.

Please keep in mind that this power strip does not change the voltage being delivered to the devices you plug into it!

Each must support the power coming from the wall. The main thing is that the power strip itself works with the voltage and if you have a plug adapter it will work through that. I did not use any devies that had non-US plugs to plug into the power strip but it fit all 2-prong and 3-prong US devices I used just fine. I will take this wherever I go when I travel in the US and abroad. Very good buy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2012 2:08 PM PST

aCircuit Board Live Wallpaper
aCircuit Board Live Wallpaper
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $1.30

1.0 out of 5 stars cool graphics mask your icons, April 24, 2011
The wallpaper is really cool but it has so many elements it makes it hard to see your icons. I like geek stuff but it's too busy to look at.

Brach's Gummi Bears, Wild 'n Fruity, 8.5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Brach's Gummi Bears, Wild 'n Fruity, 8.5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Offered by FoodserviceDirect Inc.
Price: $27.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Gummi Goodness, May 9, 2008
I love gummi bears and I have gone to great lengths to try different types and brands. Brach Gummi bears are the pinnacle of my search. They are spot on with the "gummi" taste. These are "sweet" gummies rather than "sour" gummies. There is no after taste like some brands and the flavor is consistently good. I must have eaten over a hundred bags of these and every one is perfect. If you or someone you know has an affinity for gummies then this is the perfect product for you. Look no further.