Profile for Matt R. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matt R. RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

Page: 1 | 2
GIMP for Absolute Beginners
GIMP for Absolute Beginners
by Jan Smith
Price: $28.58
41 used & new from $24.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Great guide for the uninitiated, November 14, 2013
My wife needed a book to use as a teaching tool for high school students. This book offers an easy to read, step by step guide for using GIMP. I've been using GIMP for years and am impressed by the book's clarity and ease of use. Highly recommended for beginners.

Isokinetics Inc. Brand Fitness Ball Chair - Silver Flake on Black Metal Frame Finish - Exclusive: 60mm (2.5") Wheels - Adjustable Base and Back Height - with Orange 55cm Ball and a Pump
Offered by Isokinetics, Inc.
Price: $89.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Chair, November 14, 2013
We bought this chair to replace an decrepit task char that was falling apart. It's great. If you've never used an exercise ball as a chair before, I recommend trying that before purchasing. Otherwise, the chair is great. Well built, rolls smoothly, highly adjustable. Had an issue where the base was defective, but the company shipped out a replacement right away.

25 6" Premium Glow Sticks Assorted Colors
25 6" Premium Glow Sticks Assorted Colors
Offered by Yagoozon
Price: $12.66
7 used & new from $12.66

4.0 out of 5 stars They're sticks, they glow. Awesome., November 14, 2013
These worked as expected. Bought them for a Halloween party to use in pumpkins. I didn't want to use candles in 20 kids' pumpkins, so I thought that they might be a good option. They were bright for glowsticks, but not really bright enough to use one stick in a pumpkin. If you added a couple, it worked better. Anyway, kids had fun and they were long lasting--I had one glowing for over 24 hours (albeit dimly by that time).

Orbit SunMate 62034 Mechanical Watering Timer
Orbit SunMate 62034 Mechanical Watering Timer
Price: $12.79
9 used & new from $6.06

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't set and forget this timer, it might fail!, November 14, 2013
Incredibly disappointed in the longevity of this timer. Bought it at the beginning of the season to replace an old timer which had started leaking. Turned it on as we were headed out of town for a one-night trip, came back the next day to find my garden flooded and swampy. Just stopped working. For something that should be set it and forget it--it's a problem when it doesn't work!

First Alert SA305CN Smoke Alarm with Long Life Lithium Battery
First Alert SA305CN Smoke Alarm with Long Life Lithium Battery
Offered by BIC Warehouse
Price: $15.63
30 used & new from $9.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Where there's smoke..., June 11, 2009
I bought these smoke detectors because they have the lithium batteries included. I like the idea of not having to change out the batteries for long periods of time. I would have gone with the type you wire into your home electricity, but the locations I needed to place the detectors were not conducive to hard-wiring. They seem to work ok. Haven't had to really use them yet...knock on wood.

Coccyx Gel Seat Cushion With Fleece Top 16" D x 18" W x 3"
Coccyx Gel Seat Cushion With Fleece Top 16" D x 18" W x 3"
Offered by ACTIVE MOTION HEALTH
Price: $47.00
4 used & new from $41.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy Coccyx Cushion, June 11, 2009
This cushion is perfect for a big guy like myself. I threw my back out and this cushion made sitting in my cube on my ancient office chair bearable. I flipped it over so the blue side is up...Doesn't call as much attention to itself that way.

Chef'n Kitchzen Short Silicone Whisk, Apricot
Chef'n Kitchzen Short Silicone Whisk, Apricot

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder Whisk, June 11, 2009
My scrambled eggs taste so much better since I've been using this whisk. The orange color is awesome!

Audubon Nature Calendar 2009
Audubon Nature Calendar 2009
by National Audubon Society
Edition: Calendar
11 used & new from $15.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape my cube, June 11, 2009
This calendar is like a window to a wonderful place where I can free myself from the shackles of cubical life!

Agent18 Diamond Kit Silicone Case for Zune 4/8/16 GB (Black)
Agent18 Diamond Kit Silicone Case for Zune 4/8/16 GB (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile case, June 11, 2009
This is a great zune case. I like that it is really 2 cases in 1. It has a silicone case that holds the zune and can be carried/pocketed. That silicone case also slides securely into the arm band making it a good way to carry your zune at the gym. The only drawback I have is that since the case covers the thumb pad, it reduces the sensitivity of it which can make scrolling difficult.

Illuminated W.O.R.D. - The Ultimate Word Game Collection
Illuminated W.O.R.D. - The Ultimate Word Game Collection
Offered by Ed's Books and Games
Price: $75.00
15 used & new from $14.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great time killer, June 11, 2009
I bought this for my wife because she loves word search puzzles. She loves it and takes it whenever we go on a trip. The biggest drawback is the sound fx, but otherwise it's great. The multiple games it comes with are fun too. She also thinks it's helped her improve her scrabble score.

Page: 1 | 2