Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Bobbewig > Reviews

Browse

Bobbewig's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1022
Top Reviewer Ranking: 818

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bobbewig RSS Feed (New Jersey, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Stay Dry Packable Water Resistant Lightweight Travel Luggage Duffle Gym Bag Blue
Offered by Bells & Whistles
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Travel, May 3, 2016
I received this bag in exchange for an honest review

This bag is lightweight, waterproof and durable. However, The most amazing feature of the bag is how it folds up right into the outside pouch (the zipper is double-sided) for easy storage. This would be s great bag to take for extra storage for travel or anytime you might an unexpected carryall. I would have given the bag 5 stars but I was hoping to use it as a gym bag and it could have used another outside pocket for water bottle storage. I will happily take it with me on future trips!

Gelindo Pruning Shears Ratchet Design Garden Scissors with Carbon SK-5 Steel Blade - Teflon Coated - Anti Slip Rubber Handles- Simple Unlocking Mechanism- Perfect for Apple Trees, Roses & Hedges
Offered by GelindoDirect
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Ask For More From Pruning Shears!, April 28, 2016
I received this item for free from Gelindo in return for an honest, unbiased review. I notified Gelindo that my review of their product will be based totally on my experience with their pruning shears and not be influenced to any extent based on receiving at no cost. This was perfectly acceptable to Gelindo.

After using their pruning shears a few times now I understand why they were so confident that my review would be a positive one, as they live up to everything stated about them in the product description. In fact, my experience has been 100% positive, as I have only very favorable things to say about the shears, which are as follows:

...the steel blades are heat-treated and hardened carbon,enabling them to be very sharp and strong
...the shears feature a ratchet design to enable you to cut effortlessly
...the shears have a simple, easy to use locking/unlocking mechanism
...they are very comfortable to hold and grip due to the anti-slip thermoplastic rubber covering the handles, as well as to its light weight
...the shears are very easy to clean due to their non-stick Teflon coating, and
...the shears come with a lifetime 100% money-back guarantee.

At just 13.99 on Amazon, the Galindo Pruning Shears are well-worth your consideration.

Crenova Garden Hose Nozzle Sprayer/ Watering & Cleaning Spary Gun- 9 Sparying Settings- Solid Metal Construction - Ideal for Car Washing, Plant Watering, Sidewalk/ Deck Cleaning, Pets Bathing
Offered by RRG Tech
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Attractive, April 25, 2016
I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review
This Crenova Garden Hose Nozzle has a nice hefty feel to it-more so than many of the other nozzles I've had over the years. The brushed metal finish is quite attractive. The nozzle has 9 settings which work for virtually any outdoor use from plant watering to car washing. The nozzle comes equipped with a quick connect for those hoses that need it-mine didn't-and the included washers work well for preventing any leaks. All in all it's a very good product at a fair price!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2016 10:57 AM PDT

Double Wall Glasses 9 oz - Aesthetically Appealing with Brilliant Functionality, Great For Coffee, wine , beer, whiskey, Or Any Hot Or Cold Drinks
Offered by Kitchsmart
Price: $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and Useful, April 25, 2016
I received these glasses in exchange for an unbiased review

The Kitchsmart Double Wall glasses are a welcome addition to my collection of glassware. The simple design is elegant and the glasses feel substantial and comfortable in your hand. I have tried them with both hot and cold beverages, and have found them to be effective with either one. They are dishwasher safe-always appreciated-and hopefully will retain their original appearance after many washings.

I would recommend this product to friends and family.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2016 8:08 AM PDT

8PACK Promotion Stainless Steel Solar Light Sogrand Independent Solar Pathway Light Solar Stake Light Decoration Solar Garden Light Set
Offered by Sogrand Industry Inc
Price: $118.80
3 used & new from $32.84

3.0 out of 5 stars More Cons Than Pros, April 25, 2016
I am writinging this review in exchange for the product

I found these solar lights to have more negative than positive qualities:
Negatives
Flimsy plastic bulbs-I broke one pushing it into soft mulch. (In fairness the directions caution against pushing from the top)

Not much light cast from the unit

Plastic bulbs will probably not hold up very well outdoors

Positives
You can choose white or changing multicolored mode for light

Multicolored mode kind of cool for decorative effect

All in all I don't feel these are worth the money-especially since I recently bought a far superior pack of 8 lights at Costco for $36!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2016 7:43 AM PDT

The Clintons' War on Women
The Clintons' War on Women
by Roger J. Stone
Price: $20.99
58 used & new from $15.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book About A Couple That Gives New Meaning to the Term "Sleazeballs"!, April 25, 2016
Many of Hillary's and Bill's supporters and fervent Democrats, in general, won't bother to read even one word of this insightful book, and will likely write it off in toto as just another attempt to discredit this couple by authors Roger Stone and Robert Morrow, who are often accused of being the Republican Party's "hatchet men."

If, however, you are at least somewhat willing to consider that the Clintons (including Chelsea in more recent years) are "the grifters" you have heard rumors of them being over the years, and are open-minded enough to explore a variety of information to support their many misdeeds -- if not crimes -- in which they have been purported to have been involved, than I highly recommend that you consider reading The Clintons' War On Women.

In my opinion, however, the book's title only scratches the surface of this family's sleaziness. Readers will be provided with a wealth of information about and insights into the Clinton's many misdeeds that will -- or at least should -- cause you to seriously question whether Hillary -- and her faithful companion, Bill -- should be in the White House after the next Presidential election. Further, I think reading the book will/should cause you to scratch your head in wonderment as to why both of them haven't been prosecuted for criminal activities.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2016 11:03 AM PDT

The Girl From Home: A Thriller
The Girl From Home: A Thriller
by Adam Mitzner
Price: $16.82
62 used & new from $6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars "I Want What I Want" In A Legal Thriller And Adam Mitzner Has Now Fulfilled My Need For The Fourth Consecutive Time!, April 16, 2016
With just his fourth legal thriller Adam Mitzner has become one of my "don't miss" authors -- meaning that if he wrote, I'll be rushing to read it.
The Girl From Home continues this author's streak of writing highly intelligent, very credible, very hard-to-put-down legal thrillers/mysteries. It's nice to see that my tax dollars going towards education in the town in which I have resided for many years have been well spent; knowing that Mitzner, who is not only a rising star in the legal thriller genre but a partner in a prestigious law firm in NYC -- grew up and went to school in the same town (i.e., East Brunswick, NJ, referred to in the book as East Carlisle).

Without describing its plot, which can be read about in the Amazon Book Description above, The Girl From Home shares many of the same qualities I felt were characteristic of each of Mitzner's three previous excellent books: 1) excellent pacing, which starts off slow and steadily builds to a level that will have you turning the pages at a rapid pace to find out what happens next; 2) creating highly realistic flawed, yet sympathetic, characters; 3) providing such true-to-life prose that makes you feel you are actually hearing the characters speaking their words; 4) having the main character, Jonathan Craine, being so fully dimensionalized that you forget you are reading a book and not right there with him as he is experiencing his professional and personal life turn to shambles; and 5) providing some interesting plot twists that will keep you guessing right up to the last page.

The Girl From Home is a book I consider to be one of the best books I've read in the past year; and, as such, it is a book I'd highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a good legal thriller/mystery. The same recommendation applies to Mitzner's first three books, A Conflict Of Interest, A Case Of Redemption and Losing Faith.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2016 11:06 AM PDT

The Other Side of Silence (A Bernie Gunther Novel)
The Other Side of Silence (A Bernie Gunther Novel)
by Philip Kerr
Price: $17.47
68 used & new from $11.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing!, April 10, 2016
The Other Side Of Silence is Philip Kerr's seventh book in the Bernie Gunther series I've read and the third consecutive one in which I've been disappointed. Overall, I don't consider The Other Side Of Silence to be a really bad book but, at best, it is just a fair book. Thus, it is not one I'd recommend you rush out to read.

Without going into detail about the plot, The Other Side Of Silence takes place in 1956 in the French Riviera in which Gunther, who is working as the head concierge at a major hotel, accepts an assignment from W. Somerset Maugham that involves blackmail and the British secret service.

My disappointment in this book stems primarily from its lacking in sufficient suspense, surprises and thrills to sustain its 288 page length (in the epub edition I read), and the excitement that did occur was much too little, too late. Too often I found myself skimming through passages of this book hoping to get to some parts that would maintain my interest and keep "my eyes glued to the page."

To Kerr's credit, he maintains his well-deserved reputation for well-developed characterizations and extensive research; as well as for his ability to create such a rich sense of time and place that I felt I was right there in the thick of things experiencing life in these times. However, unless Kerr gets back to incorporating these strengths into a thrilling story -- which, after all, is why I enjoy reading thrillers -- I will not, in all likelihood, be traveling with Bernie on his future experiences.

I hope this review gives you some "food for thought" in regards to helping decide if The Other Side Of Silence is a book for you.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2016 7:30 AM PDT

Pet Car Seat Covers,Geega Pet Dog Car Seat Covers NonSlip Backing Pet Seat Protector for Cars, Trucks, Suv's and Vehicles with 2pcs Dog Car Safety Belt 60"*64"(Grey, Suede Fabric Back Seat Cover)
Offered by Geega
Price: $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased With Everything About This Suede Fabric Pet Seat Cover!, April 8, 2016
This Geega pet seat cover satisfies all of my needs -- it's suede fabric is nicely padded, attractive and matches well with my car's interior, the cover extends easily across the full length of my rear seat to keep the upholstery free from pet hair, it is extremely easy to adjust and install, it can be used as a hammock (to prevent your pet from falling off the seat to the floor in case of having too stop short, which is my favorite feature), it folds easy into a compact size so that a person can sit in the rear seat without having to sit on the pet cover, and, importantly, it provides its own safety belt which fits easily through the two openings in the cover.

While I am very pleased with the Geega pet seat cover, which I received from Geega in return for an honest, unbiased review, you should be aware that this item is not inexpensive. It is currently selling on Amazon for $49.99. But as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for".

Very highly recommended!

Fool Me Once
Fool Me Once
by Harlan Coben
Price: $14.00
132 used & new from $10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars With Coben's Latest Baby, The Formula Has Gone Terribly Sour!, April 1, 2016
This review is from: Fool Me Once (Hardcover)
Anyone who has read a number of Coben's books knows that his books are heavily based on a formula -- a formula which has resulted in many enjoyable books and in Coben becoming a major bestselling author. I, personally, have read all but one or two of his books and enjoyed all of them, albeit to varying degrees.

Then I read his latest book, Fool Me Once, which I not only disliked, I thought it was terrible.

I won't take your time describing the book's plot, as the Amazon Description above does a good job in providing this. Rather, my review will describe why I was so dissatisfied with Fool Me Once; which, in turn will, hopefully, be helpful to you in deciding if it is a book for you.

To be fair, Fool Me Once is written in a fast-paced style that makes it a very quick read. Unfortunately, that's the one and only good thing I can say about it.

The heart of my dissatisfaction centers on my feeling: 1) that all of the characters are paper thin, not to mention unlikeable and lacking in credibility; 2) the plot requires a suspension of disbelief well beyond my willingness to do so (and I am generally very liberal in this area); 3) the main female character comes across as a person that makes Wonder Woman seem like just an average woman; 4) the motivations for the actions taken by the various key characters were mostly implausible to me, and lastly, 5) the ending was ridiculous, and left me shaking my head in disbelief.

I know my critical review runs the risk of it getting a large number of "not helpful" votes, especially since most reviews for this book have been positive. But, if my review helps even a handful of people in deciding that Fool Me Once is not for them, I'll be satisfied.
Comment Comments (35) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2016 6:49 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20