Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale
Profile for Bobbewig > Reviews

Browse

Bobbewig's Profile

Customer Reviews: 963
Top Reviewer Ranking: 844

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bobbewig RSS Feed (New Jersey, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pogi's Grooming Wipes - 100 Unscented Fresh Wipes - All Natural, Extra Large, Earth-Friendly
Offered by Pogi's Pet Supplies
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy For A Quick Rubdown, September 2, 2015
Pogo' Grooming Wipes are ideal for our French Bulldog. These dogs are very prone to skin allergies and the products we use on him need to be unscented and hypo-allergenic. The Pogi Wipes fit the bill and they are bamboo based and environment friendly as well. The Pogi wipes come in a large package of 100 which stay nice and moist under a well designed pop up opening. I would definitely recommend this product to all dog owners!

I received a sample of these wipes from the seller in return for an honest, unbiased review.

[Apple MFI Certified] Sztrokia® Lightning to USB Cable 3ft Sync Charger USB Data Cable for iPhone 5 5s 5c 6 6 Plus,iPad Mini 2 3, iPad 4 iPad Air 2 and iPod nano 7th gen, Compatible with iOS 8
Offered by Sztrokia
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Cable At A Reasonable Price!, September 1, 2015
The Apple Mfi certified Amroke 3" long Lightning to USB cable does exactly what it claims to do, thus making me very pleased with its performance. It is well made and, after having used it now for awhile, I feel confident it "to stand the test of time."

I received this cable from the seller in return for an honest, unbiased review.

The Racketeer: A Novel
The Racketeer: A Novel
by John Grisham
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.95
434 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Time And Money!, August 24, 2015
Prior to reading The Racketeer, I've been a fan of John Grisham since The Firm was published and enjoyed -- though to varying degrees -- all of the many books of his that I read, but one. Now, after finishing The Racketeer, it becomes the second Grisham that I disliked.

I won't spend time offering a summary of this book since this can be found in the Amazon Book Description above and in many reader reviews. Instead, this review will focus on why I was disappointed in it and, thus, why it is not a book I'd recommend you rush out to read.

In fairness to Grisham, my problem with The Racketeer had nothing to do with his writing style, as Grisham does a good job in moving the book along at a pretty fast-paced, easy to read manner. As such, I never felt that the book dragged or was boring. Rather, my problems with The Racketeer stem from two factors: 1) without getting into specifics and run the risk of providing spoilers, the scheme on which the plot is based is almost totally preposterous; and 2) none of the characters are credible to me, nor are any of them likable; resulting in my not caring what happened to any of them.

While I am usually very liberal in my willingness to suspend disbelief when reading a thriller, The Racketeer, despite its moving along at a fast pace, pushed me well beyond my limits in this area. As a consequence, although it was readable for me, it is not recommendable. I hope this review is helpful in deciding if The Racketeer is a book for you.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2015 8:46 AM PDT

[Improved] Ohuhu® 50 Feet Garden Hose / Expandable Hose, 50 Ft Expandable Garden Hose with Free 8-pattern Spray Nozzle & Hose Holder, Blue
Offered by Ohuhu Direct
Price: $35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good!, August 24, 2015
For awhile now I've been familiar with the "horror" stories associated with expanding garden hoses and have had some bad experiences with them, myself. However, I decided to see if any improvement has been made since I last used an expanding hose by accepting the free offer from Ohuhu to test and review their 75' garden hose.

During the two weeks I've been using this hose on a daily basis, the Ohuhu hose has done everything I need it to do without encountering any of the types of problems I and others have experienced with other brands. Plus, I am especially pleased that Ohuhu provides a high quality spray nozzle with 8 adjustable patterns with its hose; which I didn't receive with any other brand of expanding hose I've purchased.

I have to admit, however, that because of the criticisms I and others have expressed about these hoses ripping/leaking/breaking, I am still anticipating experiencing a similar problem. Hopefully, this will never be the case and, as I said, to-date I have been very satisfied with the Ohuhu hose.

Those Who Wish Me Dead
Those Who Wish Me Dead
by Michael Koryta
Price: $11.62
62 used & new from $6.16

4.0 out of 5 stars My First Book By Koryta And Definitely Not My Last!, August 13, 2015
This review is from: Those Who Wish Me Dead (Paperback)
I won't spend time providing a description of this wilderness thriller's plot, as this is provided quite well in the Amazon Book Description above. I will spend a little time telling you why I consider it to be an exciting, well-researched thriller that I think most thriller lover's will enjoy.

Those Who Wish Me Dead is a book that got my serious attention on the first page and maintained my attention because of all it offered me -- which is Koryta's excellent writing style that enabled me to feel that I was "right there" in the middle of all the action, a plot that contains an above average amount of twists and turns that (for the most part) kept me guessing as to what happens next, a cast of well-developed central characters including two VERY, VERY bad guys, and providing a lot of interesting information about the locale in which much of the book takes place, survival training in mountainous areas, and forest fires in such a way that these elements almost seem like they, themselves, are major characters in the book.

Although I was highly entertained by Those Who Wish Me Dead, I didn't find it to be evenly paced throughout the book; resulting in my deducting one star from my overall rating. That is, I was very engrossed in the first third of the book (and, particularly its first few chapters) and in the last third of the book (which was filled with lots of action). However, I found the middle of the book -- which Koryta largely used to include a lot of the interesting research he did on how to survive while living in the wilderness -- to, too often, slow down the pace of the plot. As a consequence, I found myself at times saying "Okay, this is all interesting stuff, but let's get back to the action and excitement."

All in all, Those Who Wish Me Dead is a book that has made me a "Koryta fan" and I'm looking forward to reading more books by this talented author.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2015 5:04 PM PDT

Blackzebra HP-S1 Bluetooth 4.1 Portable Wireless Stereo Jogger Running Sports & Gym Exercise Headphones Headsets Earphones for iPhone iPad Android Smartphones

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 1/2 Stars -- Very Good Wireless Sports In-Ear Headphones At A Very Reasonable Price!, August 5, 2015
If you are in the market for good quality, lightweight, virtually sweatproof in-ear headphones without having to break the bank, I highly recommend the Blackzebra wireless sports headphones. The reasons for my recommendation are as follows:
...They provide a clear, crisp sound quality -- even when exercising
...They pair easily and quickly with your device
...They fit securely, yet very comfortably in the ear/ear canal, allowing you to rotate the buds to find the best angle for your ear. Plus, they provide 3 sizes of cushions to allow you to find the one that fits best
...They work well to cancel out noises around you
...They provide up to 5 hours of use on a single charge,
...They come with bluetooth 4.1, and
...The buttons on the earbud's spaghetti-like strap are pretty easy to push and to figure out by feel which button is which; and so, I don't have to fumble around a bit to pause them or to adjust the volume when I needed to, which is a problem I have with other sports earbuds I've used.

While I don't have any major complaints about these sports in-ear headphones, I do have one minor issue for which I deducted a 1/2 star from my review. This issue is that while its bass is acceptable, I would have preferred a stronger bass sound.

I received a sample of this product from the manufacturer in return for an honest, unbiased review.

Mr. Mercedes: A Novel (The Bill Hodges Trilogy)
Mr. Mercedes: A Novel (The Bill Hodges Trilogy)
by Stephen King
Price: $12.34
140 used & new from $5.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining But Just Okay, Overall!, August 1, 2015
Up until about twenty-five years ago any book by Stephen King was a "must read" for me. However, starting with Rose Madder, I became increasingly disappointed with King's books -- to the point that about ten years ago he went from a "don't miss" to a "don't bother" author. Although, after the many favorable reviews Mr. Mercedes received I decided to take "get behind the wheel and take it for a ride."

Having finished it, on a comparative basis, I found it to be his best book of the last several King books I read; but, on an absolute basis, I felt that while it was entertaining, it was nothing special in this genre and just an okay read. My reasons for this overall opinion are as follows: (1) I felt that while the "good guy" characters were, for the most part, likeable they were often unbelievable; (2) Though King packs a lot of suspense in Mr. Mercedes, I found that he allowed the book to drag on for too long a period of time before much of the suspenseful actions finally took place; and, as a consequence, I rarely felt compelled to pick up the book to find out what happens next once I took a break from reading it, and (3) I found that much of the suspense and thrills that occur were not very surprising and, at times, contrived.

Nonetheless, despite my "just okay" feelings about Mr. Mercedes, I did enjoy it enough to keep King from returning to my "dead authors" list and plan to read his follow-up to it, Finders Keepers.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2015 5:53 AM PDT

The English Spy
The English Spy
by Daniel Silva
Price: $16.86
184 used & new from $9.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Silva Strikes Gold Again!, July 18, 2015
This review is from: The English Spy (Hardcover)
In The English Spy, the fifteenth book in the Gabriel Allon series, Silva not only provides a gripping thriller that seems like it could be ripped from today's headlines, he provides an excellent understanding of the lives led by spies, their handlers and their bureaucratic allies.

In this story, while waiting to finally move into the role of Chief of the Office, Israel's secret spy organization, Allon's target is Eamon Quinn, an IRA mercenary famed for his bomb-making skills, who is found responsible for the murder of the ex-wife of the future king of England as well as for having helped make the bomb that killed his first child several years ago. Without going into detail about the plot, Allon partners with Christopher Keller -- who has appeared in a few other books in the series and is an ex-SAS, turned mercenary, now on track to become an agent for MI6. As Allon and Kellor soon learn, the former Princess's death was brought about by an enemy of theirs in order to enact revenge for past actions. The actions that take place in The English Spy are much more personal for all involved than in most of the other books in this series.

As is typical in this series, The English Spy is one of slow-building but non-stop tension and suspense that will likely make new and old readers to this series anxious to turn the pages to find out what happens next. And in telling this tale, Silva masterfully weaves between characters, blending action with bureaucracy. And particularly satisfying to me is that the conclusion of The English Spy finally leads me to believe that Silva is ready to end Allon's career as a field operative and to begin his role as the head of the Office.

I am fully confident that future books in this series involving Allon in his new role will be at least as engrossing, well-researched and well-written as the existing fifteen books in the series. For me, this confidence stems from my belief that any book by Silva is worth its weight in gold!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2015 4:46 AM PDT

iPad Keyboard Case - OZAKI O!tool KeePad SlideAngle Keyboard Folio for iPad Air 2 & 1. Detachable Wireless Keyboard Stand / Rubberized Texture Cover / Multiple Angles / Auto Sleep & Wake - Black
Offered by OZAKI
Price: $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ozaki, You've Got Some Case!, July 17, 2015
I've tested and reviewed three other keyboard folios and,overall, the OZAKI SlideAngle Keyboard Folio (which I received from OZAKI to test and review) is equal to, if not better than my favorite of the three other folios; and, thus, is a product I'd highly recommend.

My recommendation stems from the fact that the OZAKI is extremely versatile in that it essentially enables you to shapeshift between an iPad and a laptop. That is, it allows you to use, attach, detach and carry a Bluetooth keyboard without losing much slimness. Further, the OZAKI's versatility is evidenced by its providing for the ability to use your iPad at seven different angles to help you find the most comfortable viewing and typing angles to fit any of your work or leisure scenarios -- regardless of whether the keyboard is attached or detached from the folio.

If these benefits aren't enough to convince you to very seriously consider this keyboard folio, than perhaps these additional useful qualities will: (1) It is hassle-free, in that all ports and buttons are exposed to allow full operation of your iPad Air/Air 2 when installed in its protective case; (2) It provide dual-sided protection; (3) it contains smart sensing technology that turns the keyboard on when you need it and off when you don't, as well as that wakes up your iPad when you open the cover and puts it to sleep when you close it; (4) it provides keyboard keys that have similar push force of a laptop keyboard; and, finally (5) it, I n addition to these functional qualities, is very attractive and stylish-looking.

I hope this review is helpful in deciding if the OZAKI SlideAngle Keyboard Folio is a product that is right for your IPad Air/Air 2 needs.

POWERCASE3000, MFi (Apple Certified) 3000 mAh, Lightweight, Slim, Rechargeable Battery Case with LED Indicator for iPhone 6
Price: $69.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Hight Quality Battery Case From Macally!, July 15, 2015
The high quality of this 300mAh battery case, which enables up to over 16 hours of talk time, definitely reflects what I want from a battery case and makes it one I would highly recommend to you.

Of most importance to me is that the Powercase 3000 enables me to substantially extend the battery life in my iPhone 6 without having to remember to have a charging cable with me; and almost as important is that it provides an easy-to-read 4-bulb LED power indicator so that you know at all times how much juice is left until the phone needs to be charged.

In addition to its being excellent in terms of its charging capabilities, I find the Powercase 3000 battery case from Macally to be very attractive in appearance, to be slim enough to fit comfortably in my hand without adding much bulk, and to provide more than adequate protection from bumps, drops and everyday wear and tear. If these reasons aren't enough to get you to seriously consider this case, perhaps the following helpful features will: it provides full and easy accessibility to the camera and all the buttons, it provides a lightning connector and a micro USB cable to allow you to not only charge the phone/case but to sync data, and that its battery turns off automatically when the phone is fully charged.

Although the Macally Powercase 3000 is not the only quality battery charging case that I have used, it can "hold its head up proudly" against any of its competitors.

I received this case from the manufacturer in return for an honest, unbiased review.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2015 4:27 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20