ARRAY(0x98c4951c)

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michelle F. Datey RSS Feed (North Bergen, NJ, USA)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty tank, March 29, 2010
The mop arrived with a broken tank which leaked when I filled it with water. The seller called and offered to replace the tank but I would just prefer to buy from a store.

My Bombay Kitchen: Traditional and Modern Parsi Home Cooking
My Bombay Kitchen: Traditional and Modern Parsi Home Cooking
by Niloufer Ichaporia King
Price: $22.83
61 used & new from $11.71

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite cookbook yet!, January 2, 2008
I was drawn to this book because I'm half Parsi and I've always wanted to recreate the delicious dishes I've enjoyed during the childhood weekly visits to my Parsi relatives. Those days were almost a longed for memory until I found 'My Bombay Kitchen'. From 'Dhansak' to 'papeta per eedu' - its all in this book!

Parsi cuisine is known for its uniqueness in that it blends meat and vegetables into wholesome, delectable dishes that really aren't hard to make. This book is detailed, enjoyable, easy to read & follow and gives you lots of choices and explanations regarding seemingly exotic ingredients and cooking techniques used. Ms Ichaporia has beautifully divided the book into sections based on the kind of dish, with each recipe reading like a story.
(There is a whole chapter on eggs - dare I say the cornerstone of Parsi cooking!)

The beauty of Ms Ichaporia's narrating style is that it is simple and so wonderfully narrative that this book doesn't need those seductive and mouth watering pictures of well garnished & presented dishes that are usually difficult to prepare.

I have used this book to introduce Parsi cuisine to my husband, friends and the other side of my family and it has always delighted their taste buds. I still get rave reviews on the easy to make 'Akuri' that I attempted for a recent brunch party.

Highly recommended if you are a fan of Indian, Parsi or just simple, wholesome and flavourful cuisine that is as easy to cook as it is delightful to savour!