Profile for R. Miller > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Miller RSS Feed (Sarasota, FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Foscam FI9821W  V2 Megapixel HD 1280 x 720p H.264 Wireless/Wired Pan/Tilt IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter (White)
Foscam FI9821W V2 Megapixel HD 1280 x 720p H.264 Wireless/Wired Pan/Tilt IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter (White)
Price: Click here to see our price
49 used & new from $64.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Good picture - crappy remote access, May 2, 2015
Got this camera to setup for web streaming a local business over the Internet. The video quality is very good, the setup is fairly smooth (you will need to enable UPnP on your router) and using the camera internally or with an app is likely just fine.

However, if you intend to embed the video stream in a web page - good luck! The camera supports rtsp but to use rtsp you need to sign up for a stream hosting service - you cannot embed rtsp in a web page. So we tried using the native streaming cgi on the camera which is called GetMJStream and this proved to be unreliable from computer to computer and between browsers. We could not get consistent streaming.

So we called Foscam Tech Support and I was directed to the most recent firmware for my camera and version which was FI9821W v2.1. The firmware said it was for this version and I upgraded the camera over ethernet, not wireless. The firmware said "Success" but it never ever let me log into the camera again. I waited 5 minutes, power cycled the thing - did not let me log in. I factory reset the camera using the reset button on the bottom - it successfully reset and prompted me for a new user/password but still could not get logged in.

So I have returned it.

The only camera that has worked for this application so far has been the Hoo Too IP210F - not the IP210P (got a refund for those) - but it must be the IP210F version. Well Hoo Too does not make this camera any longer but there are some used ones around. I have ordered a used one in the hopes that it will work like the other currently working video streaming camera of the same model.

HooToo HT-IP210P Indoor Wired / Wireless Network IP Camera MJPEG CMOS with IR Cut Filter P2P US Version - White
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $52.99
6 used & new from $42.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Get the IP210F instead, April 26, 2015
I have a customer using both IP210F and IP210P and there are many problems with the IP210P cameras. First, they go offline after a few hours so if you want to use for video streaming on a web site - the camera goes black and no video after a few hours. Only a hard power reset can get it back. This never happened with the IP210F cameras. I have updated the firmware on one of the IP210P cameras (because I could not reach the other one remotely) and the timeout still happens even with the new firmware.

The OTHER problem is if you try to use snapshot.cgi to stream video on a website and embed the user=&pwd= in the url, Internet Explorer will still throw a popup login screen at the user and apparently ignores the BASIC AUTH format used with snapshot.cgi. The IP210F cameras did not have either problem. Now I am recommending that the customer ditch these crappy versions of the Hoo Too IP camera and get IP210F version.

I tried to get tech support on a Friday but nobody was there who could help and I was told to send an email and maybe I'd get help on the weekend. Well it is Sunday and no response yet to Friday email. Not happy.

Update: I finally spoke to tech support and they admitted that the IP210P cameras are not the best cameras. Ultimately SunValleyTek refunded my money for these cameras so in the end, they made it right. I suppose if you buy these cameras don't try to do anything fancy but they can be used for simple monitoring inside the home.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2015 9:12 PM PDT

Ovvio Oils Pure Sweet Orange Essential Oil - All Natural Cleaning and can use as a Polish - Origin: Brazil - Full 15ml - Unleash the power of Orange oil on your wood furniture, use as a surface cleaner, or as a natural and chemical free spray cleaner. Pure Wild Orange Extract.
Offered by Ovvio International
Price: $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, February 2, 2015
Like smelling the zest of 20 fresh oranges - simply great. Very uplifting and pleasant aroma. I will be using this in some homemade soaps for sure. This oil and another from Ovvio called "Unwind" are my two new favorites!

Ovvio Oils Unwind Anxiety and Stress Relief Blend - Essential Oil for Peace, Calming Aromatherapy and Anxiety Relief - Origin: France, Italy - Large 15ml - All Natural essential oil blend that relieves stress, drops sleep anxiety, and helps find calm through oil therapy
Offered by Ovvio International
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasing scent!, February 2, 2015
Wonderful scent! My massage therapist used this scent - I recognized it right away. I used it immediately in some homemade soap. Extremely pleasant aroma - has a warming tendency on the skin. The aroma is very complex also. I will be ordering more of this for sure. Delivery through Amazon Prime was super fast.

Memory Foam Spinal Pillow Back Cushion
Memory Foam Spinal Pillow Back Cushion
Offered by ASTAR
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lumbar support while sleeping, October 12, 2014
I've just had this for about a week and so far it seems to be what I've needed to support my lumbar area while sleeping. What is great about it is that it is thin enough to add a little support without stretching the back too much. It is also the full width of my side of the bed which allows me to sleep on either side or my back and leave the pillow in place without having to reposition it. The one issue I have is that the fabric cover makes it difficult to turn over as it sticks a bit to pajamas. Might be better with a silky cover to allow easier turning while sleeping.

For clarification, I use this pillow under my lower back with the widest portion of the pillow perpendicular to my body.

I think it could really also help people with mattresses that might feel a bit too firm and cause pressure point pain on hips or shoulders. In that case a couple of these pillows could be a big help.

Shipping was super fast also!

Rubbermaid Configurations 3-Handle Lowe-Profile Box, 42-inch, Natural (FG3F19DWNATUR)
Price: $15.42
17 used & new from $13.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for extra sheets and towels stored under bed, May 10, 2014
We purchased these for extra sheets and towels at our vacation rentals for quicker turnover. We solved the problem of them not being rigid by using 1/4 inch plywood sheets cut to fit the bottom. You can get enough for 6 of these out of a regular sheet of plywood at a hardware store. We had them cut 41.5 x 17 3/4 pieces (you can fit 42 x 18 but it's a tight fit) Now you can carry them, hang them or slide them under the bed. We put thin luggage padlocks on each to keep guests from using the sheets or towels also.

Now the cleaners can restock the towels and make the beds with the clean sheets in this box stored under the bed to get ready for the next guest!

Sprite AR5-GT Royale All In One Massage Shower Filter
Sprite AR5-GT Royale All In One Massage Shower Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Increases shower water flow too!, December 5, 2013
Not only does this filter remove chemicals added by the water company, but it increases the water flow and makes for a great shower with about 5 settings. Love it. It's possible that it is not saving water because it likely does not have the low flow restrictor in it - but I don't care because taking showers with those restrictors in is TERRIBLE.

Clean-N-Clear 5 Minute Headlight Restoration Kit
Clean-N-Clear 5 Minute Headlight Restoration Kit
Offered by Clean-N-Clear
Price: $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me, December 5, 2013
This worked for me - I only had one headlight that was cloudy. I had asked a repair shop to clean both lenses but it seems they did not do the complete job because one headlight was still cloudy and I moved away so I could not go back to them to have them complete it. I tried to use various home remedies but it just made the cloudiness worse.

This kit just has two kinds of sandpaper that you wet sand with and the solvent that you apply last. Let me just say that you don't see the clear lens until you apply the solvent with the foam brush - so don't panic when you do Step 1 and Step 2 and it looks just as bad. Make sure you completely dry the surface by rubbing with the shop towel and letting it air dry for a few minutes just to be sure. Then just carefully apply the solvent with the included foam brush and you will see the lens plastic become clear like magic! I did not need to protect the area around the headlight at all - I was just very careful not to get too much solvent on the brush at a time.

I am definitely not muscular and was able to do the sanding without any problem. There are two pieces of sandpaper provided - one more gritty than the other. I spent about 2 minutes rubbing in a circular pattern for the wet sanding with each type. I rinsed with the water and did the fine sandpaper one more time and dried with the towel thoroughly. Overall it took about 10 minutes to restore the lens to nearly perfectly clear. Very happy with it. I also feel I could use this same kit on a few more headlights should the occasion arise...

Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Mattress, Queen
Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Mattress, Queen
Price: $236.00
14 used & new from $236.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Using in our seasonal rental home, July 31, 2013
We had purchased regular low-end standard mattresses for a seasonal rental and got some feedback that the beds were not terribly comfortable. So we took a chance on these mattresses. The way they are shipped is awesome. The duffel type bag they are in has a carrying handle although for Queen or King you would need to be a strong guy to carry that way without a struggle. However they can be put on a hand truck if necessary or slid along the floor. Most people could probably handle the delivered package WAY more easily than a standard mattress.

Opening and seeing it inflate was filled with wonder and excitement! What a concept this is! Plus the beds felt more comfortable than the other mattresses shortly after inflation. I did not notice any smell - although the delivered duffel bag sat for a few days before being opened so I don't know if that helped them air out or not.

We added a 5 zone foam mattress topper that we had on the other poor mattresses so we just utilized that as well and it feels really comfy!

We will be buying these for all future seasonal rental houses for sure! Very cost effective, portable and very comfortable on top of all of that!

I will update this listing after the mattresses have been in use for a few months.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistent and pleasant night lights, June 11, 2013
I got three strings of these lights for inside the pool cage and they work great! I have had to adjust here and there where the solar collector panel is positioned to get the most sunlight which allows the lights to stay on longer once they come on. The lights have a fairly long cable to the solar collector panel which gives great flexibility in where you mount it or position it to collect the rays. For two of these strands I put the solar collector in a planter which I have and the strings both go off from that to the left and right inside the cage. I mounted the lights with some of those 3M tiny clear sticky backed hooks and so far not one of them has loosened even with lots of rain!

The third solar collector panel we mounted at the top of the pool cage using a suction cup hook or two and silicone caulk to hold the suction cup. It works great for getting the most sun exposure to charge the batteries.

Our lights work for about 6 hours a night if the daytime was sunny. They work about 2-3 hours if the day was cloudy. Mine just shut off when they run out of charge vs getting dimmer. They are just right in brightness - not so bright that you feel you want to turn them off if you are not outside but bright enough to give a cool blue lighting to the area.

I would love to have these lights in a warmer light vs blue LED so if they ever come up with that I will be buying those!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3