Profile for R. Miller > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Miller RSS Feed (Sarasota, FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Memory Foam Spinal Pillow Back Cushion
Memory Foam Spinal Pillow Back Cushion
Offered by ASTAR
Price: $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lumbar support while sleeping, October 12, 2014
I've just had this for about a week and so far it seems to be what I've needed to support my lumbar area while sleeping. What is great about it is that it is thin enough to add a little support without stretching the back too much. It is also the full width of my side of the bed which allows me to sleep on either side or my back and leave the pillow in place without having to reposition it. The one issue I have is that the fabric cover makes it difficult to turn over as it sticks a bit to pajamas. Might be better with a silky cover to allow easier turning while sleeping.

For clarification, I use this pillow under my lower back with the widest portion of the pillow perpendicular to my body.

I think it could really also help people with mattresses that might feel a bit too firm and cause pressure point pain on hips or shoulders. In that case a couple of these pillows could be a big help.

Shipping was super fast also!

Rubbermaid Configurations 3-Handle Lowe-Profile Box, 42-inch, Natural (FG3F19DWNATUR)
Price: $14.97
15 used & new from $13.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for extra sheets and towels stored under bed, May 10, 2014
We purchased these for extra sheets and towels at our vacation rentals for quicker turnover. We solved the problem of them not being rigid by using 1/4 inch plywood sheets cut to fit the bottom. You can get enough for 6 of these out of a regular sheet of plywood at a hardware store. We had them cut 41.5 x 17 3/4 pieces (you can fit 42 x 18 but it's a tight fit) Now you can carry them, hang them or slide them under the bed. We put thin luggage padlocks on each to keep guests from using the sheets or towels also.

Now the cleaners can restock the towels and make the beds with the clean sheets in this box stored under the bed to get ready for the next guest!

Sprite AR5-GT Royale All In One Massage Shower Filter
Sprite AR5-GT Royale All In One Massage Shower Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Increases shower water flow too!, December 5, 2013
Not only does this filter remove chemicals added by the water company, but it increases the water flow and makes for a great shower with about 5 settings. Love it. It's possible that it is not saving water because it likely does not have the low flow restrictor in it - but I don't care because taking showers with those restrictors in is TERRIBLE.

Clean-N-Clear 5 Minute Headlight Restoration Kit
Clean-N-Clear 5 Minute Headlight Restoration Kit
Offered by Clean-N-Clear
Price: $14.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me, December 5, 2013
This worked for me - I only had one headlight that was cloudy. I had asked a repair shop to clean both lenses but it seems they did not do the complete job because one headlight was still cloudy and I moved away so I could not go back to them to have them complete it. I tried to use various home remedies but it just made the cloudiness worse.

This kit just has two kinds of sandpaper that you wet sand with and the solvent that you apply last. Let me just say that you don't see the clear lens until you apply the solvent with the foam brush - so don't panic when you do Step 1 and Step 2 and it looks just as bad. Make sure you completely dry the surface by rubbing with the shop towel and letting it air dry for a few minutes just to be sure. Then just carefully apply the solvent with the included foam brush and you will see the lens plastic become clear like magic! I did not need to protect the area around the headlight at all - I was just very careful not to get too much solvent on the brush at a time.

I am definitely not muscular and was able to do the sanding without any problem. There are two pieces of sandpaper provided - one more gritty than the other. I spent about 2 minutes rubbing in a circular pattern for the wet sanding with each type. I rinsed with the water and did the fine sandpaper one more time and dried with the towel thoroughly. Overall it took about 10 minutes to restore the lens to nearly perfectly clear. Very happy with it. I also feel I could use this same kit on a few more headlights should the occasion arise...

Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Mattress, Queen
Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Mattress, Queen
Price: $217.46
11 used & new from $170.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Using in our seasonal rental home, July 31, 2013
We had purchased regular low-end standard mattresses for a seasonal rental and got some feedback that the beds were not terribly comfortable. So we took a chance on these mattresses. The way they are shipped is awesome. The duffel type bag they are in has a carrying handle although for Queen or King you would need to be a strong guy to carry that way without a struggle. However they can be put on a hand truck if necessary or slid along the floor. Most people could probably handle the delivered package WAY more easily than a standard mattress.

Opening and seeing it inflate was filled with wonder and excitement! What a concept this is! Plus the beds felt more comfortable than the other mattresses shortly after inflation. I did not notice any smell - although the delivered duffel bag sat for a few days before being opened so I don't know if that helped them air out or not.

We added a 5 zone foam mattress topper that we had on the other poor mattresses so we just utilized that as well and it feels really comfy!

We will be buying these for all future seasonal rental houses for sure! Very cost effective, portable and very comfortable on top of all of that!

I will update this listing after the mattresses have been in use for a few months.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistent and pleasant night lights, June 11, 2013
I got three strings of these lights for inside the pool cage and they work great! I have had to adjust here and there where the solar collector panel is positioned to get the most sunlight which allows the lights to stay on longer once they come on. The lights have a fairly long cable to the solar collector panel which gives great flexibility in where you mount it or position it to collect the rays. For two of these strands I put the solar collector in a planter which I have and the strings both go off from that to the left and right inside the cage. I mounted the lights with some of those 3M tiny clear sticky backed hooks and so far not one of them has loosened even with lots of rain!

The third solar collector panel we mounted at the top of the pool cage using a suction cup hook or two and silicone caulk to hold the suction cup. It works great for getting the most sun exposure to charge the batteries.

Our lights work for about 6 hours a night if the daytime was sunny. They work about 2-3 hours if the day was cloudy. Mine just shut off when they run out of charge vs getting dimmer. They are just right in brightness - not so bright that you feel you want to turn them off if you are not outside but bright enough to give a cool blue lighting to the area.

I would love to have these lights in a warmer light vs blue LED so if they ever come up with that I will be buying those!

Toro 51702 Cordless 24-Volt 120 mph Blower with Bare Tool
Toro 51702 Cordless 24-Volt 120 mph Blower with Bare Tool
Price: $59.98
6 used & new from $38.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight but strong enough to do the job, June 11, 2013
We already had a Toro cordless trimmer using same lithium battery as this blower uses. So now that we have this blower, we just use the same battery to do the weed trimming, then snap it into the blower and finish the job. This blower is so lightweight yet it is able to move all yard debris - small branches, leaves and grass clippings - to whatever location you want them to be whether it be a pile to rake up or just distributed back into the lawn and off the walkways. Makes yard work SO much easier. We used to have a corded leaf blower - never again will I bother with that annoyance!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT

Mankind: The Story of All of Us
Mankind: The Story of All of Us
DVD ~ n/a
Price: $15.21
14 used & new from $11.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Fiction parading as history, December 5, 2012
Wow this series is pure revisionist progressive history that has a bunch of left wing liberals like Professor Gates and Brian Williams as commentators interspersed between the fabricated historical scenes - and what exactly qualifies these two for anything historical?

It paints whites and western European civilization as evil plunderers and the favored classes like Mexicans and Muslims are given a pass on any of THEIR violent tendencies or THEIR attempts to expand their territory. No it is just those evil white Europeans and Christians who are to blame for all the ills in the world. Unbelievable.

Goes to show you that you must do your OWN research and if you watch this you should check ALL the facts and see for yourself how biased this piece of crap is.

It is visually stunning but it is pure leftist propaganda!!!!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2012 6:41 PM PST

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
by Eben Alexander III M. D.
Price: $10.64
796 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and convincing, November 29, 2012
The fact that the author is a neurosurgeon makes his story compelling. The fact that his experience is so similar to so many other near death experiences, yet slightly different, makes it even more believable. Fascinating and makes me less afraid of death after reading. Also, these experiences make me think about that darned "life review" a bit more in my daily life to keep me on the higher road (most of the time)

Saw
Saw
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Psychological thriller!, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Saw (Amazon Instant Video)
This movie will keep you guessing right till the very end. Not for anyone with a weak stomach - you will definitely be doing some wincing! This is one case where I hope that life does not imitate art!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3