Profile for Ali Julia > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ali Julia RSS Feed (boston, mass)
(#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (#1 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Garment Bags Zippered And Durable 3 Pack Assorted Sizes And Shoulder Covers 3 Pack
Offered by SHARPER PRODUCTS
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set of garment bags, February 18, 2015
Length:: 0:51 Mins

This is a set of garment storage bags. The suit, dress and gown have the same construction and vary only in their length. They are made out grey colored polyethylene. Each has a zipper than runs all from the top of the bag to the bottom of the bag in the front, and it is closed at the bottom. There is a small clear vinyl window on the top right so you can see what is stored inside without having to open the zipper. The bags are very light weight but not flimsy and the zipper operates well.

The garment bag for suits is 25" wide and 39" long.
This gown bag is sized to holds long dresses and is 25" wide and 59" long. I use it to hold my long winter coat.
Thes garment dress bag is 25" wide and 53" long.

My favorite of the bags are the shoulder bags. The stock photos do not show my favorite feature of these shoulder bags: the flaps. In attached video you can see why I like them. They are what makes these shoulder covers work better than the old shoulder covers I have in my closet.

It is very easy to put any garments onto the hanger with the shoulder cover and easy to remove it. I don't need to insert the hanger into the cover, I leave it always on and just lift the flaps to put the clothing on the hanger practically the same way as if the shoulder cover was not there.

The shoulder cover is made out of clear plastic. It is 22" wide as 12" long (it goes down to about chest level of my shirts). My old shoulder covers are just bags without flaps and I like this construction better. These shoulder covers combine protection from dust with convenience.

This set of garment bags is provided Smartek.

Spaworks Flash Temporary Tattoos - 4 Sheets - Feel Gorgeous Look Stylish
Spaworks Flash Temporary Tattoos - 4 Sheets - Feel Gorgeous Look Stylish
Offered by Sktrendz
Price: $14.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Four day video diary of my Tattoo, February 17, 2015
Length:: 2:12 Mins

These temporary tattoos are easy to apply and stay on pretty well even on my the back of hand which gets wet. In attached video you can see me applying a tattoo, and then how the tattoo looks over 4 days, and finally removing what is left of it on day 4.

To apply it to my hand:
1. I cut out the tattoo I want to apply
2. Place it on my hand
3. Use a very wet sponge to press it down for 30 seconds
4. Lift the backing and the tattoo is there

The tattoo itself is very thin. I don't feel it and it flexes with my skin as I move the hand. The tattoo stays nice looking for 3 to 5 days depending where you place it. Since I had it on my hand which gets wet it stayed it looked good for 2 days, okay on day 3, and not nice on day 4. If you want to remove it faster the instruction say to use spirits. I used nail polish and it came off in a couple of strokes. I had no bad reaction to it of any sort, the skin did not get red or irritated.

These tattoos are provided by Trendsetter Tattoos.

Comment Comment | Permalink

V7 16" Professional Shock and Water Resistant Backpack For Dell Inspiron, ASUS Flip, HP Stream, Acer Chromebook, Toshiba Satellite, Apple MacBook Air, Lenovo Thinkpad Notebooks and Laptops - (AVH-CBP21) - BLACK
Offered by AV House
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A roomy backpack with lots of pockets, February 17, 2015
Length:: 0:20 Mins

V7 backpack is very roomy and has a nice number of pockets. When I travel for work I often need to lug more than one laptop with me. This backpack fits two laptops and all their cords and power supplies comfortably, leaving room for a good number of personal items as well. The backpack comfortably fits my laptop which 13" x 10.5" (shown in the video).

The backpack has two main compartments. The one closest to the back has two side pockets which fit a tablet or thin laptop. My laptop does not fit in that pocket but fits into the main portion of the compartment.

The second large compartment also has two mesh pockets. I use to carry my personal items.

In addition to large compartment, there are two small compartments in the front. One has pockets for pens and other small items. I use it for cords, mouse, and so forth.

The smallest outside compartment is big enough to fit my sunglasses, cosmetics bag and other small items.

The backpack also has two mesh side pockets, they hold water bottles comfortably.

The packpack has well cushioned straps and small neoprene clad handle.

I really like this backpack. It is roomy, comfortable, and solidly built.

This backpack is provided by V7.

Ali Julia review

NATURAL Muscle & Joint Pain Remedy from Essence of Cleopatra Aromatherapy - Formulated by a Pharmacist - 100% Natural - Pure & Highest Quality Aromatherapy Remedy Available - (Made with Birch, Marjoram, Rosemary, Juniper Berry, St Johns Wort + More!) - 120mL size - 100% Money Back Guarantee!
Offered by Essence of Cleopatra Aromatherapy
Price: $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Menthol based preparation, February 17, 2015
Length:: 0:15 Mins

What you get is 120 ml (4 oz) bottle which is 4.25" tall (from the bottom to the top of the cap). It has a strong minty scent. It works on the same principle as BenGay and other menthol based preparations. Menthols cools the skin and the skin's reaction to cold interrupts pain signals perceived by the nerves. There are a number of scientific studies that confirm this neurological mechanism behind cooling remedies.

Essence of Cleopatra Aromatherapy has a minty scent, but it is combined with other scents such as rosemary and juniper for an interesting blend. I am not a big fan of minty scent but in this combination my reaction to the scent is more positive than many other mint scents. My husband who likes mint thought it smelled good.

Does it work to help with pain? For someone with chronic back pain I can say: yes, briefly, maybe 10 minutes. It is like the pain is distracted by another sensation and then comes back.

This oil is provided by Essence of Cleopatra Aromatherapy.

Ali Julia review

Lenmar Slim Dual 2.1 Amp USB 3 Outlet Surge Protector Wall Plate for Charging iPads, Tablets, e-Readers, iPhone, Android, and other Mobile Phones
Price: $23.98
3 used & new from $23.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Well spaced out USB ports, AC ports are spaced tightly, February 16, 2015
Length:: 0:35 Mins

My review is for the 3 AC outlets wall surge protector and 2 USB ports wall plate by XTG. This wall plate 3.75" x 5.5". It extends 1" away from the wall. USB ports are well spaced out, AC ports are close together and allow only regular size plugs. I would have preferred the AX outlets to be more spread out as the wall plate it self is fairly large. The top of the outlet has a green strip that is always glowing. I really wish this light can be optionally turned off when it is used in the bedroom or in general when the light is not desired.

The wall plate uses one outlet for electricity and uses the second outlet's grounding opening to stabilize the entire plug. It comes with a mounting screw that can replace the central screw of the wall outlet. I thought the outlet mounted securely even without the screw and forms a nice tight fit.

I tested the two USB ports using a current monitor using both Android and Apple mobile devices. My test show that both ports worked with both devices. I got very good performance on port A for my iPad Mini tablet. The B port was below optimal for iPad Mini, but average for 1A port. With my Android device both ports were under optimal but above USB speed.

Samsung Nexus phone:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Port A:___ 0.83/5.00V (below average)
Port B:___ 0.82/5.00V (below average)
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this phone is 1.00A/5V)

iPad Mini tablet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Port A:___ 1.43/5.00V (excellent!)
Port B:___ 0.92/5.00V (average for 1A port)
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this tablet is 1.70A/5V)

This wall expansion outlet is provided by Lenmar for testing and review as part of the introduction of this new product on Amazon. I did my best to describe pluses and minuses of my experience with it, and I am always happy to answer comments if I did not cover some aspect of its functionality.

Ali Julia review

iKross 61-inch Professional Light Weight Ultra Portable Tripod with Adapters and Carrying Bag for Digital DSLR Camera, Camcorder, Gopro HERO, iPhone, Smartphone and more
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but quick release plate is plastic, February 16, 2015
Length:: 0:48 Mins

This is a nice tripod and has a lot of features that I really liked. I have used it as my main tripod for several weeks now and found only one flaw. The quick release mount is made out of plastic and if you overtightened the plastic deforms. Luckily what I deformed was a hole for a pin, not the main screw so it is still usable. But I have to pay more attention on how I use it, which I never have to do with a metal quick release.

Photography is one of my serious hobbies and I own a number of tripods. This tripod met four of my requirements for a tripod and fell short on one.

My requirements:

✅ Quick release legs. This tripod's quick releases do not operate as smoothly as my Monfrotto tripod, but the price difference between the two is significant.
✅ Ability to attach a quick release plate. This tripod include a quick release plate. It is the only way to mount a camera (there is no screw). The quick release is made out of plastic and is the weak point of the tripod. At one point I over tighten it and deformed the plastic hole that holds the camera pin (this pin is next to the screw). Fortunately, it is not critical in my use.
✅ Lightweight. This tripod weighs 2.8 pounds, it is lighter than my Monfrotto tripod and on a recent trip I chose to take this tripod because of its weight advantage.
✅ Able to support a digital SLR with 300 zoom lens. This tripod handles my Canon DSR camera with 300 zoom lens without a problem. It can handle up to 6.5 pounds load.
❌ You cannot use your own head with this tripod. This tripod has a built-in head. The built-in head, however, operates smoothly and gives me full control in every direction. It has a 3 way pan head with 360 degree rotation and 90 degree vertical orientation change.

In addition to meeting my basic requirements this tripod has two extra features.

✅ Tripod legs have a brace, which add extra strength and stability.

✅ It has a mechanical lever which allows me to extend the middle column, this is a nice feature especially for video since it allows me to change he height smoothly, better than if I was doing it by hand.

Tripod's maximum height is 61". When it is collapsed its size is 21.5".

The package include two adapters (GoPro and smart phone). The smart phone adapter opens up to 3". 3" is the absolute max, my phone 3" wide and it was rather difficult to get it into the holder.

The package also include a carrying sleeve. It has a zipped closure and is waterproof.

This is a nice sturdy tripod and a very reasonable price.

This tripod is provided by iKross.

Oiwas Multiple Pouch Waist Pack Black
Oiwas Multiple Pouch Waist Pack Black
Offered by OIWAS
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and roomy, February 16, 2015
Length:: 0:28 Mins

This is a roomy nylon waist pack. I got the Ash Black version of it. It has 3 main compartments and the largest one has a pocket inside.

The bag is 9" wide and 6" high. The smallest compartment in the front is 3.5" deep, the middle one is 5" deep, and the largest compartment is 6" deep.

It has a large strong buckle (compression closure). The strap is 33" long and 1.25" wide. The bag is 13" wide at waist line. This means it can accommodate 46" waist.

I like it - it is roomy and the logos are not too loud. At the time I am writing this review its cost is $5.99 with free shipping, I paid a lot more for very similar waist packs.

This waist bag is provided by Oiwas.

Ali Julia review

Kimmos® Stainless Steel with Zinc alloy Manual Can Tin Opener Smooth Edge No Sharp Cuts - Minimal Hand Effort Required (Rose Golden)
Offered by YES MY GADGET
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp blade that works well, February 15, 2015
Length:: 0:48 Mins

This is a heavy duty manual can opener. It is made out stainless steel and has an attractive copper-colored finish. As you can see in my video it opens cans easily and smoothly. The edge looks even. This can opener has become my favorite, replacing the old OXO can opener.

The can opener weights 11.4 oz and has a nice heavy feel to it. It is not feel flimsy. The rounded handles and a good length so they are comfortable to hold

Can opener is provided by Kimmos.

Bamoer Women Copper Plated Champagne Pendant Earring Cubic Zircon Jewelry Gift
Bamoer Women Copper Plated Champagne Pendant Earring Cubic Zircon Jewelry Gift
Offered by BAMOER JEWELRY
Price: $86.98

5.0 out of 5 stars These are really cute, February 15, 2015
Length:: 0:29 Mins

These are copper plated stainless steel earrings. They are 1.25" long from the top to the bottom and 5/8" across. The back stoppers are made out sillicone rather than metal. They are comfortable but may not last as long as a metal stopper.

I like the shape and the colorful stones. They look really cute! Each earring weighs 0.1 oz. I find them comfortable in my ear. I get an itchy reaction of the metal contains nickel and these earings do not.

In attached video I show the earrings on 1" grid as well as in my ear to give a better idea of their size. I would describe them as medium size earrings.

These earrings look nice and no one will guess that they are so inexpensive.

Earrings are provided by Bamoer.

Ali Julia review

Ultra-compact Portable Usb Charger,katinny Piano Keys Ultra-high Capacity 10000mah Premium Portable Chargers External Battery Power Bank with 1 Inport 2 Outports for Iphone 6 Plus 5s 5c 5 4s 4, Ipad Air, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus, HTC One, Most Other Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by Katinny
Price: $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice capacity, attractive, but not fast, February 15, 2015
Length:: 1:06 Mins

♦ size: 2 3/8" x 5.5" x 7/8"
♦ weight: 9.6 oz
♦ number of ports: 2
♦ flashlight: yes
♦ pass through charging: no (i.e. the battery can charge while being charged itself)
♦ cable: 30" charging cable

This external battery has a unique attractive look - it looks like piano keys. Its capacity is 10000 mAh, some of this capacity is lost to heat and energy needed to run the charger itself. In general, a safe assumption is that 30% of this part will not be available for charging my devices. It has two ports and came with a 30" charging cable. The battery has a nice bright charge level indicator.

However, in terms of performance I was a bit disappointed in the battery. I did not get more than 1A on either of the ports on my iPadMini and it charged my Android phone at below average speed, only slightly above USB rate. I am including the details of the tests at the end of the review for those who are interested in the nitty gritty numbers.

To see how well different chargers and external batteries charge my mobile devices I use a Nexus phone and an iPadMini to test each of them. I do my tests with the devices charged to the same level, running the same applications and using the same cables to keep everything the same. This allows me to compare them to each other in a fair way. I use the current monitor to see what current is delivered to each device which tells me how well each external battery is working.

I also tested to see if the battery supports pass-through charging (i.e. whether the battery can charge mobile devices while it is being charged). This battery does NOT support charger through chargng. It can not charge while being charged.

For Android devices it matters if a cable used to charge the device is a charging cable or a data cable. In a charging cables the two data connections are shorted together (rendering the cable useless for data transfer), but this fools devices to see the cable as an AC power connection and thus the battery accept a higher current for charging. Most of the time external batteries come with a charging cable, but every now I run across a manufacturer that encloses data cables with external batteries. It is not easy to tell what cable you got unless you have a current monitor. I always include this test in my reviews so people can improve the performance of the battery by switching to a charging cable. I tested this battery with my own cable and my results were fairly close to what I got witht the enclosed cable. So the issues is not charging cable vs data cable.

The battery also has a small flashlight. It is not very bright but could be useful in an emergency. My video include a demo of the flashlight so you can see it yourself.

Samsung Nexus phone:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1A port: 0.68/4.99V (below average)
2A port: 0.61/4.98V (below average)
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this phone is 1.00A/5V)

iPad Mini tablet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1A port: 0.93A/5.01V (average for 1A port)
2A port: 0.93A/5.02V (average for 1A port, below average for 2A port)
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this tablet is 1.70A/5V)

If you know someone for whom piano keys would be special this battery will make a nice gift. I like its nice capacity, however it is not a speedy charger.

This battery pack is provided by Katinny.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20