Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Ali Julia > Reviews

Browse

Ali Julia's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4385
Top Reviewer Ranking: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ali Julia RSS Feed (boston, mass)
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HOMEE Meike Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Seamless Hook Solid Glue With No Traces for Bathroom Kitchen Wall & Ceiling(2)
Offered by HOMEE House
Price: $9.90
2 used & new from $9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars They work on textured finish, May 11, 2016
This listing contains two stick on hooks. I have been trying various hooks to attach to the side of my refrigerator. The fridge has a slightly textured finish and many hooks do not works. These Homee hooks do! The key to their good hold is a fairly large transparent sticky surface. Because the area is large they are working well on the textured finish and because the pad is transparent they do not look ugly. All I see from a few feet is the small metal hook. I have had this hook up for 2 weeks now, it is still holding very well. Each of them is holding a metal clasp and a heavy oven glove.

I was provided these hooks for testing and review. They work on textured finish - problem solve!

Large-Format Internet Address & Password Logbook
Large-Format Internet Address & Password Logbook
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Diary
Price: $9.06
53 used & new from $6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful way to keep yourself organized, May 11, 2016
Length:: 0:58 Mins

This is a black hard cover book which is organized similar to an address book. It has tabs has two letters of the alphabet so it is easy to locate the address you are looking for. It has a total of 144 pages. The book is 6.5" x 8.5".

Each entry contains 4 lines with labels and 2 blank lines:
Site name
site address
password

What is very thoughtful is the the label is a sleeve which can be removed, and the first two pages which identify the book as a password book can also be removed. The label on the pack is on sticker which was easy to remove without leaving sticky goo! All this small things show that the company really understands and cares about their customers. I am always annoyed by labels which are difficult to remove!

What could be better? A couple of small things. As mentioned early each tab contains two letters. I would have preferred that each letter had its own tab, so I could organize the addresses for each pair separately. I also could have used an extra line or two for each address. Many good sites have not only a password but questions and I would have liked to leave myself a hint related to the questions.

I received this log book for evaluation and review. Well organized and practical book.

Ali Julia review

Lemfo Bluetooth Smart Watch Phone GSM Pedometer Fitness Tracker (Black)
Lemfo Bluetooth Smart Watch Phone GSM Pedometer Fitness Tracker (Black)
Offered by LETO City
Price: $99.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice display, other parts of the watch still need work, May 10, 2016
Length:: 0:59 Mins

There are a number of things about this watch that I like and a number of things that I do not like. I will try to go through pluses and minuses systematically.

PROS:

1. Easy to read screen - bright colors, large numbers and letters
2. Touch screen - touch screen makes the user interface more intuitive
3. A large number of applications pre-installed on the phone
4. The app that controls the app is available from GoogPlay (no request to load the app directly from untrusted manufacture's web site)
5. Two options for user interface: "Smart" user interface which has one screen with all the apps is the default but is optional. With all apps one screen it is hard to pick the right one even with my small fingers. However, this interface can be changed to 4 per page which is easy to select and get what you want

CONS:
1. "Smart" interface is not good. Even with my small fingers I often touch something else and a wrong app starts executing
2. The pedometer does not seem to be accurate, it does not detect all steps and shows a lower number when compared to another pedometer and just counting a small number of steps out-loud for test purposes
3. The app on the phone has a lot of rough edges, it is not untuitive to use, and needs more work
4. The synch with my phone does not work (I tried on Nexus 5 and Nexus 6p)
5. I was not able to change the face of the watch. I do not like the looks of the default face.
6. The level of the battery is not easy to tell
6. The battery of the watch ran out of juice in 2.5 days. My other watch with similar colorful face and touch screen runs 5 days without needing a recharge. The other has watch face which include battery level - a very good feature which this watch does not have.
7. Every time I use the band I wish I had three hands. I find it fairly difficult to put on and remove.
8. The button cover of the watch (towards my hands) pops off accidentally when I don't expect it.
9. Information is displayed in metric units
10. The charging port has a proprietary connector. If you lose it you will not be able to recharge the watch.

I received this watch for evaluation and review. Getting a free product does not influence what I say, I honestly describe pluses and minuses of every product I review. This watch still needs work to bring in on par with the best of the breed.

Ali Julia review

Ecandy Universal Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter Modulator Radio Adapter Car Kit for Handsfree Calling & Music W Charging Port for Bluetooth Enabled Smartphones, Tablets and MP3 Players (Black)
Offered by EcandyDirect
Price: $89.99
6 used & new from $19.54

4.0 out of 5 stars NIce controls and display, May 10, 2016
Length:: 1:52 Mins

I have been using FM transmitters in my car for many years as I like listening to audio books when I drive. The key to clear transmission is to find am empty radio station, static and noise will come from the stations that are not clear rather than from the FM transmitter itself. To find vacant FM stations in my area I used a web site "radio-locator (dot) com/cgi-bin/vacant" where you can enter your zip code and get a list of stations to try. It usually take me trying a few stations to find which station gives me the best sound (the least amount of noise or hiss).

This FM transmitter can either connect via Bluetooth to a smart phone, or play music from USB micro SD card, or connect to phone/mp3 player via an audio cable.

This FM transmitter has a couple of nice features that put above many others I have tried:

1) A nice large display which clearly shows the station and other messages
2) An easy way to scan the stations, if I press the forward button it quickly advances to station I want to tune to, I don't need to click one a time
3) I have complete control and can select any station (some base models give you a limited choice of stations which may or may not correspond to vacant stations in your area)
4) The display is on a goose neck so I can turn it to face me
5) The plug forms a very right connections with the car port so it does not loose connetion when I drive

The Bluetooth connected easily with my Nexus phone (device is show as BT20), and when it connected the status "Nexus 5 Bluetooth connection" is displayed on the screen.

This FM transmitter is missing some of the features my favorite FM transmitter has (Satechi) a remote control and ability to bookmark from the remote control. However, the Satechi unit is twice as expensive. This FM transmitter performed better than other FM transmitters I have tried at this price range

This fm transmitter is provided by Ecandy.

Ali Julia review

LTB MFG Laser Inkjet Printer Shipping Labels, White, 8000 Labels, 100 Sheets, 80 Labels Per Sheet,Shipping labels for USPS UPS FedEx eBay Amazon Paypal Endicia Stamps (80 Per Sheet 2 3/4" x 1/2")
Offered by Janitorial Specialties
Price: $11.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sticky, May 10, 2016
This listing combines many different size of labels. I am reviewing the small labels (2 3.4" x 1/2"). The labels are very sticky and adhere to paper well. The listing has 100 pages and each page has 80 labels. I tested them on paper and plastic and they stick well. I use them not only for letters but also for labeling.

The labels are exactly what I expected. The only slight negative is the package for storing labels. This package has an opening on one side, it is not a box with a lid that can be completely removed like Avery or Staple boxes with labels. If I don't use the whole sheet I like putting it back in the box so it does not bend, it is much harder to do with a box that does not have a totally removable lid. I happen to have an old Avery box with labels that totally dried out. I threw out the content and moved these labels into an Avery box. The labels themselves are as good as Avery labels.

I received this box of labels for evaluation and review. I covered pluses and minuses of my experience, I hope they give you a better idea of what to expect.

Vermont Kale Chips Olive Oil & Sea Salt - Raw Healthy Snacks - Vegan Diet
Vermont Kale Chips Olive Oil & Sea Salt - Raw Healthy Snacks - Vegan Diet
Offered by VIBRANT FOODS
Price: $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Addicting! Crispy and somewhat salty, May 10, 2016
This my first experience with Kale chips. They crispy, lightly salted, and addicting. They taste very good. They have a very pleasant mouth fill light and slightly crunchy, like eating crispy foam. The kale flavor is not strong. They made with olive oil, so they are not low fat but olive oils a healthy oil. Note that even though they are made with olive oil do not feel or taste oily. Overall, a very pleasant discovery.

The chips come in a 6.5”W x 4.5” x 2.5” box.

I was provided a sample for evaluation and taste test. I like the flavor and the box prevents them from crumbling too much (compared to a bag). Why not 5 stars? A little pricey.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Janico Inc Mop Bucket Side Press Wringer Combo, 35 Quart 8.5 Gallon, 3 Inch Non Marking Metal Casters
Price: $59.48 - $85.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty bucket on wheels, May 9, 2016
Length:: 0:47 Mins

This is a large bucket with a removable manual wringer. The wringer just slides on top of the bucket, it is easy to remove to empty the bucket or to use the bucket by itself. The bucket has 3" wheels that rolls smoothly and easily. The bucket is thick and heavy, it feels well built.

The wringer is a side press which gets a lot of the water out of the mop, but I am not able to exert enough pressure on the handle to get it really dry. I tested that I can hand squeeze more water by twisting after the wringer did its job. I did not know what to expect from it, so I wanted to share my experience.

The bucket holds 35 quarts (quarts are marked on the inside of the bucket).
It is 18.5" long, 14.5" wide and 12" high (not counting 3" wheels).

I use it to speed up cleaning - floors, cars, any place I need a lot of water the wheels make it easy to get it there.

I received this bucket for evaluation and review.

Ali Julia review

Weiyi 12V Digital Air Compressor,3 Minutes High Speed & Tire Pressure Preset,Including High Capacity Battery & SOS Flashlight,Black
Offered by WEIYI TECHNOLOGY INC
Price: $69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the automatic shut-off, May 9, 2016
Length:: 1:17 Mins

This is a very fast tire inflator. The first time I used it I was very surprised when it claimed it was done - but double checking with another air pressure gauge confirmed it. My favorite feature is that I can pre-set it to stop at the pressure I desire. I do not have to stop and measure the pressure until I get it right. There is a catch on how this pre-set value works. I have to set it about 2 PSI higher than I want. This is because this compressor uses a valve that rotates rather than snaps on like my other compressors. While I am rotating the valve (both putting it on and taking it off) a lot of air escapes and my calibrated gage shows that the pressure is about 2 PSI less than what I set the value to. However this 2 PSI has been consistent, and it is easy enough for me to remember to set it higher.

The compressor can run from built-in battery, from car power ports, or from AC power. Cables for car port and AC power are included. The built-in battery can inflate two tires (Amazon description says three tires, but the manual says two tires) on one charge (from 0 to 35 PSI). This inflator's battery needs to be recharged every three months. It takes 2 to 3 hours to recharge it.

I really like how fast it inflates and that it stops on its own when it reaches the setting I selected. As long as the internal battery has a charge this pre-set value is remembered when the unit is powered off and then turned on again.

The compressor comes with a case. However, the case only fits the compressor itself (tightly), there is no room for the cables. It is very important to keep the cables and the unit together, so I consider the case size to be a flaw.

I received this compressor for evaluation and review. Overall, its main features are excellent. However, it does have some minor flaws which I covered in this my review.

Ali Julia review

Hooray! Service TSA Lock - 4 Digit Combination For Travel Safety and Security Environmentally Friendly Luggage Lock-2 Pack
Offered by Hooray! Service
Price: $16.50
2 used & new from $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars More secure combination lock, May 9, 2016
Length:: 0:57 Mins

All my old TSA locks have three digits so these four digit locks provide better security. What it is missing is pop-up notification that tells the person that tells the person that the lock has been opened by TSA. I do not see a (typically red) popup that gives this indication. The documentation is mostly in Chinese (with the exception of instructions on how to reset the combination), so if this is addressed somewhere in documentation I could not read it.

The lock has a nice heavy feel to it. I changed the lock setting several time and it worked smoothly both times, I did not have to fiddle with the tumblers.

Resetting the combination lock was easy:
1. set numbers to 0000
2. pull the shackle up and turn 90 degrees
3. lower the shackle while in that position
4. then turn additional 90 degrees while it is lowered until the shackle points backwards
5. set the new combination and then turn back 90 degrees
6. if you can lift the shackle in this position, you changed the combination. If you cannot lift it, the you did not change the combination and you need to try again. The numbers on the barrel have a little bit of play so try adjusting them a little bit so they line up well.

The combination can be reset as many times as needed.

This lock was provided by Jasit for testing and review. Getting a free product does influence what I say, I always point out pluses in minuses based on my personal experience.

Ali Julia review

P.lotor 8 Inches Anvil Pruning Shears, Labour-Saving Garden Tools for Cutting Stems and Light Branches
Offered by Ru-Bing US
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sharp blade, comfortable grip, good locking mechanism, May 9, 2016
Length:: 1:11 Mins

These pruners did a nice job for me on small and medium branches (up to 3/4"). They have sharp blades and comfortable handles. They are sturdy but lightweight and the pruning jobs moves really fast using them. I like the locking mechanism - it is a slide, it is very easy to move but it locks the pruners closed securely.

I was provided these shears for testing with a request for feedback and review as part of the new product introduction. I like them a lot.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20