Profile for Ali Julia > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ali Julia RSS Feed (boston, mass)
(#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (#1 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sabrent 2.5" SSD & SATA Hard Drive to Desktop 3.5" SATA Bay Converter Mounting Kit (BK-PCBS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty bracket and it is pluggable, March 28, 2015
Length:: 0:25 Mins

This is a very heavy duty frame. This SSD drive frame is a little different from the simple metal brackets I have used in the past. Instead of the cables going directly into the drive wit this frame the SSD drive is attached to the frame and the cables are attached to the ports on the frame allows the drive to use backplane. This makes it pluggable. Pluggable drives are seen some high end desktops and are very common in file servers.

The frame comes with a set of screws. In my video I show it next to a common frame I used in the past and you can see how heavy duty Sabrent frame looks next to it.

This frame is provided by Sabrent.

Ali Julia review

VonHaus Window Vac Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit + FREE Spray Bottle & Microfibre Pad
Offered by Designer Habitat
Price: $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No streaks!, March 28, 2015
Length:: 1:39 Mins

This window cleaning system has two parts: the spray bottle (to be filled with a cleaning solution) and the vacuum with a rubber blade. I found it to work very effectively, most significantly it leaves no streaks. I work each window in small section - around 3 feet by 3 feet before it has a chance to dry out. The vacuums is turned on and off with a button on the handle.

The vac has a 1300 mAh rechargeable battery, I can use it for about 20 minutes, and it takes about 3 hour to recharge if it is totally drained. I tried another window vacuum that requires the button to be pressed continuously for the vacuum to work. This other design used the battery more efficiently, however it was much harder to use as my finger got tired holding down the button, and prefer the on/off button design of the VonHaus window vac.

The vac weighs 1 lb and 8.8 oz when empty and can hold 10 oz of water. 10 oz is enough to wash a large deck window. As you see in my video 3 feet by 3 feet area does not generate all that much water.

This window vac a timer saver for me, I don't have to repeat section to remove streaks.

This window vac is provided by VonHaus.

Ali Julia review

BMOUO Universal Multi-Angle Portable Stand for Tablets 7-10.5 inch, E-readers and Smartphones, Durable Aluminum Body, Compatible for Apple iPad Air / iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina 2,3, iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Tab 3 Tab 4 Tab S , Note 3, 4, 8.0 10.1, S5, S4, S3, Galaxy S4 S5; Google Nexus 4,5,6, 7, 9, 10; Asus EeePad Transformer, HTC One (M8),Lenovo Tab (Silver)
Offered by BCEstore
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and folds up for storage, March 28, 2015
Length:: 1:42 Mins

I using this stand with iPad Mini, Nexus 7, Galaxy 7.7 Tablet, as well as my smart phone. They all fit nicely in the horizontal and the vertical orientations. In the video you them "naked" as well in a leather folio. The tablet in a folio fits if I do not fold back the cover. With the cover folded back it gets too thick and does not fit into the groove.

The stand feel solid and it is heavier than I expected by looking at the photo. It weighs 6.0oz. The stand is made out of aluminium and can hold loads up to 11 pounds according to the manual. It is nice to see that they built it much more heavy duty than needed! It is 3.5 inches tall. The groove is 0.375" wide and 0.5" tall.

The easel in the back can either lock flat against the stand or be expanded by pressing a button on the hinge of the stand. It is a nifty design that keeps the easel in place in both positions without wobbling. The stand is very compact and very study. I liked how both of my tablets felt while they were in the stand. I could type on the touch screen without worrying about the tablet coming out of the stand.

This stand is provided by BMOUO.

Ali Julia review

PathBrite! LED Headlamp Flashlight with Adjustable Beam, Red Strobe Light and SOS Flashing - Water Resistant, Very Bright, Cutting-edge Design, Durable, Easy to Use Headlight for Your Marathon Running, Cycling, Kayaking... or Walking Your Dog (Black)
Offered by TheXtremer
Price: $29.97
2 used & new from $29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof headlight, March 27, 2015
Length:: 1:40 Mins

This headlamp is pretty light, it weighs 3.1 oz with the batteries installed. Its size is 2.5" x 1.75" and it extend 1.5" from the band. The elastic band is adjustable and is made out of thick high quality elastic. The headlamp feels well balanced on my head.

The headlamp runs on three AAA batteries which fit in the front behind the lens. Because it does not have batteries in the back it is comfortable to lean back and rest my head on something. The three AAA batteries are included in the package.

The headlamp has a bright central light. The two smaller lights in the side are red lights. The central light has three level of brightness and can flash. The red LED have two modes steady and flashing. The headlamp is waterproof with a rating of IPX6, which means it can handle heavy splashing and rain. When I opened it I can see that the battery compartment has a gasket.

✔ Using central led light on the brightest setting (168 lumen) it can last 30 hours.
✔ Using central led light on the dimmest setting (11 lumen) it can last 120 hours.
✔ Using red LED light (17 lumen) it can last 80 hours.

Overall, a very nice headlamp. This headlamp is provided by PathBrite.

Ali Julia review

Travel Neck Wallet, Boarding Pass Ticket Organizer Pouch for Passports and Kindle (Black)
Offered by LaRoyal
Price: $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of well organized pockets, March 27, 2015
Length:: 1:12 Mins

This is light weight (1.4 oz when empty) travel wallet that can be worn inside your clothing. It is decent looking enough that I would wear it visible as well. It is 9" tall and 6.25" wide.

✔ The front has a transparent pocket 3 3/4" deep (large enough for a drivers license but too small to hold a passport without having it stick out ).
✔ The front flap has a small pocket 2.5" deep that is convenient for holding receipts.
✔ The main body of the wallet has two large compartments, big enough to hold planet tickets and boarding passes. One of the main compartments can be accessed from the top as well as the side.
✔ There is another fairly large compartment which is accessed only from the side.
✔ The entire wallet can be closed with Velcro closure.
✔ The back of the wallet is small and appears water resistant, so if you sweat it will keep the documents dry.
✔ The strap that goes around the neck is adjustable in length (max length 50").
✔ All zippers operating smoothly, there wallet had no lose threads that required snipping.
✔ It can hold quite a lot of stuff. In addition to tickets and money, I was able to store my large smart phone in it for easy access.

I like it. Lots of well organized pockets.

This travel wallet is provided by Raqpak.

Ali Julia review

VonHaus Corded Oscillating Multi Tool Kit with 15 Piece Accessory Set & Carry Case
Offered by Designer Habitat
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it - took care of peeling paint in a few minutes, March 27, 2015
Length:: 2:20 Mins

This is a nice tool for cutting, scraping and sanding. I used to remove peeling paint and it was a lot faster and easier than using a rotating sander attached to my drill.

The oscillating tools comes in a nice plastic case. It includes the following attachments:
1. Sandpaper pads with different coarse level (total of 9)
2. Scraping attachment
3. Half Moon Saw
4. Cutting blade

The tool with the sand paper attachment attached weights just under 3 pounds. Even though the handle is fairly thick I did not find it to be uncomfortable to hold even though my hands are fairly small. I felt the vibration but always felt that I was in total control of the tool and my grip on it. On/off switch is comfortably located right on top of the tool.

The heads securely attach with a washer. It is tightened by a hex key which comes as part of the kit. The heads can be attached in one of 12 positions - which ever angle feels most comfortable for a particular job. I thought the triangular shape of the sanding pads worked really well and let me sand even in tight corners I could not reach with my circular sander.

What can be better? It comes with a 6 foot cord. I found it to be too short and had to use an extension cord. It would have been nice if the cord was longer.

I liked working with it and looked to see if replacement sandpaper pads are available on Amazon. I found an accessory kit which includes more pads VonHaus 38 Piece Multi-Tool Accessory Kit but no sanding pads by themselves. I contacted the manufacturer to ask if a product with just the pads is available, and was told that pads by other manufacturer fit this unit as long as the size of the pads is the same, for example these pads fit Bosch SDTR120 Triangle 5-Pack. This 5 pack is $3 at the time I am writing this review.

Overall, I like it! It will make this spring time clean up a lot easier.

This tool is provided by VonHaus.

Frazoni Digital BBQ and Cooking Thermometer with Probe and Timer
Frazoni Digital BBQ and Cooking Thermometer with Probe and Timer
Offered by SOMA Online Retail
Price: $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate within 2 degrees, March 26, 2015
Length:: 1:05 Mins

The first thing I do with every new food thermometer is measure its accuracy. My video shows this test. Checking the accuracy of the thermometer is very easy because we all know the temperature at which the water boils - 112 °F degrees. The thermometer's final reading is 110, which is 2 degrees lower than the temperature of boiling water. This test shows that the thermometer is accurate within 2 degrees. Which is pretty good, most thermometers are a little off. As long as it is consistent the cook can adjust as needed.

✔ The probe is attached to the main unit by a 42" metal cord. It is long enough that the probe can be placed in a save place.

✔ The main unit has a clock and a timer. You can set the alarm to sound when the target temperature is hit.

✔ The main unit has an easel, I use it it often as it lets me see the temperature from a distance.

✔ The probe runs on one AAA battery. The battery compartment looks like it takes two batteries, but only one of the cubby holes has the contacts. Battery is not included in the package, you need to supply your own.

✔ To set the clock you need to touch clock/timer button so it displays the word "clock" and then click and hold the same button for a few seconds until the hour numbers will start blinking. The you can use hr/min button to adjust the time.

✔ To set the timer touch clock/timer button so it displays the word 'timer'. You can use hr/min to adjust it, or hold both at the same time to clear the setting.

✔ To stop the beeping of the alarm you need to hit 'alarm' button.

What can be better? I did not find a way to turn the unit off. I would prefer if I could turn it off when I am not using it to save on battery.

Overall, the thermometer performed well. The accuracy of within 2 degrees is acceptable especially because this difference remained consistent during several measures. I like the temperature alert. My old thermometer does not have this feature and I find myself using it quite frequently now.

This timer is provided by Frazoni.

Ali Julia review

Rocketek Wireless Doorbell Reaches 1000-feet Working Range - Built in 52 Classical Door Chimes, including transmitter battery, No Batteries Required for Receiver (White)
Offered by Rocketek
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clean design without logos, March 26, 2015
Length:: 3:50 Mins

What I like most about this doorbell is that it does not have manufactures logo on neither doorbell or the wall unit. They have a nice clean design: white background with a blue LED that lights up when the bell is ringing.

✅ I like:

1. No logos, attractive design.
2. I like that this door bell has a plug in base. My current wireless doorbell runs on D batteries, and I have to replace them at least once a year.
3. I like that the distance between the door bell and the base unit can be quite large. The documentation states that the range is 300 meters (which is 1000 feet). I was not able to test such large distances but I did I attached the door bell button to the front door and plugged in the unit in an outlet on the second floor as far as I could from the front door and it worked.
4. The loudness of the base unit is adjustable (4 levels)
5. There are 52 chime sounds (demonstrated in the video)
6. The remote control button is 1 5/8" wide and 3" long. I have a fairly narrow area where I can place a door bell and it just fits.
7. The remote control runs on A23 Battery. Replacement batteries are quite inexpensive (under $2 of Amazon). This is a common battery and Amazon carries many options when time will come to buy a replacement.
9. The door bell button comes with two option for mounting: a double sticky tape and screws.
10. If the wall unit is mounted on the bottom outlet the other outlet can still be used.

❌ I don't like:

1. If you select one of 52 chimes as your favorite door bell and then unplug the speaker unit it will forget your selection.
2. The battery compartment closes quite tightly but it has no gasket to seal it (my video includes the unit open so you can see the edges).

I received this door bell from the manufacture to share my experiences with it (positive and negative) with potential future buyers. I included both the positives and the negative of my experience with this door bell and I hope it helps set your expectation.

HaloArmor Ultimate Odor Control Antimicrobial No Show Toe Socks
HaloArmor Ultimate Odor Control Antimicrobial No Show Toe Socks
Offered by HaloArmor
Price: $12.99 - $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice thin socks, but run large and slip off on my feet, March 26, 2015
Length:: 0:25 Mins

I liked a lot of things about these socks - their shape and the material they are made out of - but they run large. I tried medium size and then exchanged them for small size and they are still loose enough that they slide off the heel when I wear them. If they were ankle heigh socks the fit would be fine, but because they are low the looseness really makes a big difference. For reference my shoe size is 7.5.

The socks are made out of 80% cotton, 18% polyester, and 2% spandex. Nice quality - no loose threads or imperfections.

I am a big fan of toe socks. They really prevent my feet from getting damp between the toes and they are great for blister prevention. For a person with a bigger foot these would be great.

These socks are provided by HaloArmor.

HaloArmor Unisex Ultimate Odor Control Sport Socks
HaloArmor Unisex Ultimate Odor Control Sport Socks
Offered by HaloArmor
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made socks, March 25, 2015
Length:: 0:25 Mins

These are very nice quality socks. Originally small size was not available and I got the medium. However, the medium on these socks is generous and they run on a large size (my foot size is 7.5). I exchanged them for the small size and the small fits well.

The socks are made out of 80% cotton, 18% polyester, and 2% spandex. They are well made, no loose threads or other imerfections.

These socks are provided by HaloArmor.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20