Profile for Ali Julia > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ali Julia RSS Feed (boston, mass)
(#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (#1 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Anyprize USB Rechargeable AA Battery Lithium Battery - 2 Cell Pack
Anyprize USB Rechargeable AA Battery Lithium Battery - 2 Cell Pack
Offered by Anyprize
Price: $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful but did not last long, July 1, 2015
This is a very unique battery, it has a removable cap which lets you charge it in any USB port without needing a battery charger. Super handy for charging the batteries for my mouse when I travel! It charges quickly (it took me three hours from when my computer reported that it was down to 14% and needed recharging). The battery has a glowing red ring when it is charging, when it is fully charged the ring is turned off.

On the negative side, the battery capacity does not last long. I used it in my every day mouse and it lasted less than a week. This okay for a travel mouse batteries, but may not be enough for other applications.

The removable caps are magnetic, so they can be attached to battery while they are charging in an USB port to avoid misplacing them. If the caps are lost the batteries can no longer be used.

I was curious what would happen if I accidently put this battery into AA charger. Nothing. It does not charge, and it does ruin the battery.

This is a very clever idea, I hope improving battery capacity will be in the next generation of these batteries.

This battery is provided by Anyprize.

Comment Comment | Permalink

BLISS - Smart Portable & Rechargeable Magnetic 4-Level Brightness LED Flash Light / Flashlight/ Lamp, Perfect for Camping, Hiking, Tent, Emergency, Car Cargo Room, Garage (Micro USB Charging)
Offered by BLISS STORE
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong magnet! Works well on metal shelves, furnace, etc., July 1, 2015
Length:: 0:56 Mins

This is a great concept for a light - I can attach this magnet to anything metal because the body of the light contains pretty strong magnets. It works great on metal shelves in my closet and dark corner of my basement on my metal furnace. I can position the light in many different ways.

The light is an 8" stick with a frosted lens. The light provides a good amount light and the frosted lens protects my eyes so if I have to look straight at the light it is not unpleasant. The light has a small button on the side which is used to cycle through different mode: low, medium, high, and flashing light. If there was anything I would want to change about the light it would be make this button bigger so it is easier to find in the dark.

The light takes 5 hours to charge, and it stays turned on for 6 hours at the brightest setting.

This light is provided by Jebsens. I like it!

Ali Julia review

Crenova® 75 Feet Super Strong Expandable Hose / Garden Hose with All Brass Connector; Solid Brass Ends - Double Latex Core - Extra Strength Fabric. 3/4"
Offered by Crenova Direct
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to work with but fragile. 5 things I do to make expandable hoses last., July 1, 2015
Length:: 1:43 Mins

This is my third summer using expandable hoses. I have gone through a few of them. The best thing about these hoses are how easy they are to work with. They are light and when they have no water they are much shorter and easier to store. The worst thing about them is that they are fairly fragile and don't last a long time. They easily burst and develop leaks. Through experience I learned what makes them last longer and share what I do below.

This Crenova hose retracts to about 17 feet for storage. It is 3/4 hose and includes a quick connect for a power sprayer nozzle. The package DOES NOT include the nozzle.

Here what I do to keep these fragile hoses working longer.

1. When I use the hose I do not put the water pressure all the way up, I open the faucet at about half force (my water pressure is very strong, for some people this may not be necessary).
2. When I store the hose, I store it a bucket and bring it inside so it does not sit in the sun. Constant exposure to the sun makes them more fragile
3. I make sure there it has no pressure on any part of the hose, this is why I store it laying loose in a bucket, the hose is not hung.
4. Before storing it I drain it completely
5. When I use it I make sure I don't step on it and it does not tangle on anything. I lay it out straight before it is expanded toward the area that I need to water. Then stretch it the rest of the way when it is expanded.

Yes, it is a lot of extra care but I really like that it is so light and easy to work with. I have a patch of flowers that is about 100 feet away from the house. I use a 75 feet flex hose and a small regular hose extension... it is a lot easier than dragging buckets of water that I was doing prior to using a flex hose. However, even with the tricks do not expect it to last as long as a regular hose.

This hose is provided by Crenovo.

Ali Julia review

Findway® [New Versoin Trekking pole] Ultralight Folding Collapsible Alpenstocks Travel Hiking Climbing Backpacking Walking Trekking Pole Climbing/Hiking Stick
Offered by Findway®
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, easy to collapse and extend, June 30, 2015
Length:: 0:49 Mins

This trekking pole has a nice design: it is easy to fold and unfold, it is very light, and feels sturdy. However, there is a but. Even on the shortest setting it is too tall for me. The total length of the pole is 44" on the shortest setting. The height is adjustable only to be longer not shorter. The height can be increased by 9.5". The best height for trekking pole can be determined by looking at the position of the forearm when holding the handle. The forearm should be close to a 90 degree angle and about parallel to the ground. I would need it to be about 2.25" shorter to be a perfect match for me. I can use it for short hikes but going up or hiking for a long time is not as comfortable with this pole height. I hope the will come up with additional pole sizes that work for shorter people. I am 5'2".

This trekking pole is provided by findway.

Ali Julia review

Chialstar Professional Water Resistant Slim Body Nose Trimmer with LED Light,personal Face Care Cleaner Shaver Beard Ear Hair Removal, the Finest Washable Blade Avaliable
Offered by Chialstar
Price: $30.99
2 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well suited for nose and ears, June 30, 2015
This trimmer works fairly well in small tight places. It well suited for nose and ears. I would not consider it to a great general purpose trimmer like, for example, Panasonic personal trimmer, because it cuts a few hairs at a time. Perfect for nose and ears, but probably not what one might want in other areas.

The size of the trimmer is 5.5" long x 1.25" wide x 5/8" thick. As far as personal trimmers go this trimmer is not all that small. I use Panasonic personal trimmer to shape my hair near my ears between hair appointments. Panasonic trimmer looks and is shaped like a pen, it is less than half the size of this trimmer. Panasonic's motor is more powerful and it really takes me only a second to do the shaping with it. When I tried to use Chialstar it took a long time. However, Panasonic is not the type of trimmer one would dare to use in a nose or ears, but this is where Chialstar is just the right tool.

This trimmer has a very bright LED shining near the area you are trimming. The LED might be helpful in some areas like the nose, but when I tried using near the eyes (eyebrows) the LED was blinding. I wish there was a way to turn it off with a switch. I put a black electrical tape of it because I did not find the light helpful.

This trimmer is provided by Chialstar.

8 Inch Chef Knife by Big Bang Cooking
8 Inch Chef Knife by Big Bang Cooking
Offered by BigBangRetail
Price: $26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels nice in my hand, June 30, 2015
Length:: 2:08 Mins

I like knives that have some heft to them and this one does. It is made out of single piece of steel, no screws to get loose. The handle has a nice shape I am finding it very comfortable to hold. It is sharp and cuts well. As I write this review the cost of the knife is $19.95 but it feels like a more expensive knife.

Manufacture recommends hand washing the knife rather than washing it in the dishwasher.

This knife is provided by Big Bang Cooking.

Ali Julia review

Lavender Fizzier Bath & Spa Gift Set (Lavender)
Lavender Fizzier Bath & Spa Gift Set (Lavender)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and relaxing, June 29, 2015
Length:: 0:29 Mins

Fizzier is a good name for this product. When it dissolves in bath water it fizzes like an explosion. The scent is strong when you hold the ball in your hand but as it blends with the bath water becomes light and pleasant. Each ball is a one time use product, the entire ball fizzes away in about 1 minutes leaving the scented water. It does smell like lavender. I now tried a couple of different bath bombs, some generate bubbles like bubble bath but Bath Spa fizziers do not. There is a bit of foaming as the ball fizzes and then the foam quickly disappears. Overall a very pleasant and relaxing experience.

This bath bomb is provided by Bath Spa.

Ali Julia review

Oregon Soap Company - Unscented Liquid Castile Soap, USDA Certified Organic, Aloe Baby Wash (Unscented, 12 oz)
Offered by Gnarly Gnaturals
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Trully unscented, June 29, 2015
I got the unscented version of this wash and it is trully unscented. We have been using it for several weeks and like. It foams well and cleans well. I also discovered that I really like for hand washing my silk pillow cases. They come out clean and has no scent just feels nice and clean.

This liquid soap is provided by Oregon Soap company for testing and review.

Dropps 4-in-1 Booster Pacs, Scent + Dye Free, 50 Loads
Dropps 4-in-1 Booster Pacs, Scent + Dye Free, 50 Loads
Price: $11.99
5 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well on fresh stains, no miracles on old stains, June 29, 2015
There are two aspects of these booster pacs I really like. First, I like that they are totally unscented, I have a preference for no perfume scents in the laundry. I like that they come in pre-measured packs which do not need to opened, the entire neat little bundle goes into the washer. This is really handy when my husband gets the laundry duty. For some reason when he does the laundry the laundry room is always messy with powder on the floor. As long as these little guys are touched with dry hands there is no chance of a mess on the floor!

I thought they worked on par with Oxiclean. Fresh stains were removed, some old "baked-in" stains were not. So no miracles, but they do a nice job.

These booster packs are provided by Dropps.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Levin 8 Outlet Power Strip Smart Surge Protector 4 AC Plugs and 5 USB Charger Ports Power Adapter 1250W 100-250V 1700 Joule Power Strip Triple Universal USB ports for 5V 1A and Dual Super USB ports for 5V 2.4A output
Offered by LevinDirect
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice power strip with some pros and cons, June 29, 2015
Length:: 1:10 Mins

I am always running short on AC and USB outlets and this power strips is providing much needed relief. The Levin charging station combines eight AC outlets and four USB ports. This power strip has a 53" cord and its size is 9.5" x 3 7/8" x 1.5". The AC outlets are pretty close together, there are no wide spaces. If I were to put something wide on it, like AA battery charger, I fit only two chargers on one side the other two outlets are covered.

I tested each USB outlet with current monitor with an Android phone and iPad Mini tablet. iPad Mini performed great on every port, drawing more than 1 Amp even on ports labelled as 1 Amp. Android phone on the other hand charged somewhat below optimal on all ports. The strip remained cool even when I charged multiple devices at the same time.

This charging station is provided by Levin.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20