Profile for Ali Julia > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ali Julia RSS Feed (boston, mass)
(#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (#1 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
2018zongse41 Men's Fashion Dress Casual Leather Flats Driving Moccasin Loafer Shoes Brown US 8.5
Offered by Sunrolan
Price: $35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but run small, March 5, 2015
Length:: 0:51 Mins

I got this shoes for my husband to wear around the house They are made out dark brown suede. He is very picky about colors and styles but he likes these shoes as around the house slippers. The bottom is made out of rubberised knobs they provide good friction but likely to wear out sooner than a solid sole.

They run slightly small. I ordered these moccasins half a size larger than he normally wears and they fit ok but he thought another half size up would have been better so he could wear thicker socks if he wanted to. These loafers have practically no arch support.

Overall, nice looking casual shoe that runs a bit small, order 1/2 to 1 size up.

These shoes are provided by Sunrolan.

Ali Julia review

Skyin®Non Slip Yoga Mat,5 Stars Rating, 72" X 24"Extra long, Natural Tree Rubber Eco Friendly Mat,Best Mat for Yoga,Pilates and Exercise,Moneyback Guarantee
Offered by SKYIN FITNESS
Price: $85.00 - $90.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Natural rubber mat - heavy and totally non-slid, March 5, 2015
Length:: 0:35 Mins

I have been doing stretching exercises for years as part of my rehab for a bad back. I own a variety of exercise mats and this mat is the most dense and heavy mat I own. It weighs 6 pounds 3.0 oz , by comparison my other mat of similar size weighs 2 pounds and 2.8 oz. Its weight and density helps it lay flat.

The density of the mat is the result of the material it is made of - this mat is made out of natural rubber. Natural rubber is dense and resilience and is extremely waterproof. One side of the mat is smooth and one size is textured. The rubber material and textured finish make it totally non-slid. I use it on hardwood floor and it does not slide. The mat is 72" long and 24" wide. The mat is 0.188" thick (measured with digital calliper).

This comes with a sling to carry the mat. The ends of the sling use Velcro to form the loops, so they are easy to wrap them around the mat.

The manufacturer recommends cleaning the mat with a weak acidic non-solvent cleanser or 5% vinegar when it needs serious cleaning is needed and for daily cleaning a slightly wet cloth is best. The mat can be rinsed but not soaked in water and it takes a long time to totally dry out (24-48 hours). The manufacturer also warns not use cream or oils on your hands or feet before using the mat as oils corrode rubber and also can make it slippery.

The mat had a slight rubber smell when I first got it, but it evaporated after a few days. I kept it unrolled to air out faster.

This exercise mat provided by by Skyin.

Ali Julia review

Medium Roast Blend-Quality Coffee Roasted Coffee Beans-Great Cup of Jo-To you fresh from the Northwest-Oregon 12oz
Offered by VMartini
Price: $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Medium roast that tends towards the dark roast, March 5, 2015
Length:: 0:20 Mins

On the scale of different medium roasts this medium roast tends towards dark roasts. If you are a fan of Starbucks coffees this is a nice option, if you prefer a more mellow taste this might not be the best option.

The coffee is full flavored and smooth. A good caffeine kick!

This coffee is provided by OrJoeCoffee.

IG Women's Unique Shield Fashion Sunglasses
IG Women's Unique Shield Fashion Sunglasses
Offered by Newbee Fashion
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit and look nice, March 4, 2015
Length:: 0:30 Mins

These sunglasses are a very good fit for me. They wrap around my head nicely and don't let the sun in either from the sides or the top. The Tortoise design in the stock photo is a lot lighter than the frame I received. The design is there but it is only visible in the bright light. Otherwise the frame looks mostly brown. I show the frame in my video as one would normally wear it and then in the bright light with the white paper behind.

I like that the lenses are graduated. They are lighter at the very bottom of the lenses, so if I need to read something I can do so without removing the sunglasses. The lenses arrived in good shape, no scratches or imperfections. The package also included a microfibre pouch to protect the glasses when they are not in use.

These sunglasses are provided by Newbee Fashion.

Ali Julia review

AVANTEK DS51 Combination Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector Fire Alarm [Battery Powered]
Offered by Avantek US
Price: $52.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery operated alarm, March 4, 2015
Length:: 0:38 Mins

This is standard smoke/co alarm detector. It is made in China but follows US standards for smoke/co alarms: alarms are to alarm when there are 75 ppm for 1 to 4 hours, and that it should not alarm when the detection rate is below 35 ppm or below. This alarm generates an audio alarm when detection is 40 ppm to 75 ppm after 75 minutes. This unit does not provide continuous monitoring via a digital display, it generates an alarm when the levels reach the alarm level. It generates a loud sound that you can hear in the video.

The alarm runs on AA alkaline batteries which are included in the package. They need to be replaced once a year. When batteries are fully charged the unit blinks green light every 30 minutes. The battery compartment is accessible without needing to dismount the alarm from the wall/ceiling.

Since Carbon Monoxide is a little lighter than air and smoke also rises in the air, so this detector should be mounted high on the wall or in the ceiling. The bracket is mounted with provided mounting hardware and then the unit is fasten to the base. To mount it I needed to remove the plate, mount it first, and then attach the unit back to the plate.

Overall, this a fine unit.

Ali Julia review

Keekoon P2P HD Megapixel 1280 x 720p Wireless IP Camera Pan / Tilt Control 30ft Night Vision With IR Cut-off Filter For True Color (60°Viewing Angle) Little Mouse Shaped Pointed Mouth Two Year Warranty (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars I like being able to rotate the camera from the app, March 4, 2015
Length:: 1:41 Mins

In the last few years we purchased a number of IP camera to watch over an older relative who has a tendency to fall and not press her emergency alert button. This camera has a number of features that I like but also some short comings comparing to the camera I find most useful (Annke). I will describe the differences below.

My favorite part of both cameras is the ability to control what the camera sees through the app. The app allows me to pan the camera side to side as well as up and down by swiping my finger across the screen, I can also zoom in and zoom out by pinching and spreading my fingers.

I have been using Keekoon camera extensively for several weeks and have not experienced any crashes or technical issues. I thought Keekon's video quality was somewhat worse than Annke and the image on the screen does not advance as smoothly when I move the camera remotely. Keekon advances the display in larger jumps. Both cameras do not have a wide angle lens however because I can pan the camera this is not a problem. Another difference between 2 cameras is that I am not able to point Keekoon lens down, where as Annke can be rotated to look on the floor below the camera.

Keekon setup was fairly easy. All I had to do was install the app (called P2PLiveCam), connect via Ethernet for the initial set up, and create an account. Once this was done I could connect the camera either via Ethernet or WI FI. The only thing I did not like is that to change the admin id I had to log into the browser UI. I could change the camera password using the app but not the admin id. For security reasons it is important to change both the camera and the admin password, but only the camera password can be changed from the mobile app.

The app has a lot of nice options and is easy to use. I tried this camera as a surveillance camera looking out of the window. To make it work through the window during the night I had to turn off its infrared mode (otherwise the infrared reflects from the window back into the camera in the form of light). To turn off the infrared option I had to switch the mode from Auto (which switches between day and night) to Day.

The camera can be used free standing or be mounted on the wall with a bracket that is included in the package.

The camera can record to a micro SD card (max card size is 32G).

The camera has several recording modes. You can schedule recordings to occur between certain hours. This is handy if, for example, you need to fit more video on the micro SD card. Alternatively, you can have the camera start when it detects motion. There is a setting which allows you to control "motion detection sensitivity".

I received this video camera for testing and unbiased review. I have been using the camera for several weeks and despite some short comings I detailed in the review it does a good job. I am especially pleased with how I can control the camera using the app.

Ali Julia review

Jstyle Jewelry Girl's Tri-color Surgical Stainless Steel Hoop Earrings (23mm Diameter)
Offered by Jstyle Jewelry
Price: $38.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Large earrings, March 3, 2015
Length:: 0:30 Mins

These stainless steel earrings fairly large. I would describe them as somewhat bulky. The title refers to "girls" but they are really too large for a youngster, they are sized for an adult woman.

In attached video you can see them on 1/2" grid and on my ear for size reference. Each earring weighs 0.3 oz. They are about 1 3/8" in size. They have a nice lever hook closure that is easy to close and that stays closed well. They are made out of surgical stainless steel. My ears react to nickel and after wearing these earrings several times for a full day I had no itching, so I can confirm that they are nickel free.

[sample received for review]

Sabrent Power Lock Suction Hook hold up to 10 lb [White] (UH-HSWT)
Sabrent Power Lock Suction Hook hold up to 10 lb [White] (UH-HSWT)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong hold!, March 3, 2015
Length:: 0:25 Mins

I am very pleased with these style hooks, they generates a strong suction. I got this double hook and single hook version.

The single hook is extends forward 1".
The double hooks extend 3/4" forward.

One of the hooks has been holding my bath rope (several pounds) for a week and has not fallen off so far, the other one works great for cord management because I can attach to the side of my computer case.

This hook works well on non-porus surface. I tried on glass, metal, tiles, and plastic and it worked well. Documentation also says it works on wood, but it did not work well on my teak desk. It has a natural finish which is not totally smooth.

To attach the hook I needed to position the base where I want the hook to be located starting with the hook turned to 3 o'clock position, then turning the hook 90 degrees twisting down (to 6 o'clock position). The part that rotates is the hook (not the base). It forms a rather secure hold.

This hook is provided by Sabrent.

Ali Julia review

XF-TIMES Bright LED Wireless Solar Powered Light Black Powerful LED solar outdoor light, waterproof and heatproof Motion Sensor-Detector Activated Wireless Exterior Security Lighting
Offered by XF-TIMES
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Both motion and photo sensitive light, March 3, 2015
Length:: 1:31 Mins

XF-Times solar light is 4.5" x 3.5" in size. When it is mounted on a vertical surface the top part of the light is the solar panel, the light panel shines forward and slightly down. To activate the light you need to turn it on with a provided pin by inserting into small hole near the light panel. You only need to activate the light once.

XF-Times light is both motion and photo sensitive. The light turns on at dusk on a dim light settings when nobody is around. When the light detects motion it turns on the bright setting. I mounted the light near the mail box. The light detected me approaching from any direction (about 135 degrees) from about 6 feet away. After the movement stopped it went back to the dim setting in a few seconds.

Overall, the light works well. It detected motion in a good range and turned on to the brighter setting. However it does not light a large area. I like that the light has no visible logos, so I can mix and match it with other similar lights and I am using it paired up with a light from another manufacture to give me a larger lighted area. I hope an attached video will give you a better idea.

This light is provided by XF-Times.

Ali Julia review

New arrived! Powerslife Dimmable Eye-Care LED Desk Lamp PL-TM001 (Flexible Neck, 4-Level Dimmer, Touch-Sensitive Controller, No Flickering, No Ghosting, Black)
Offered by IFirstRing
Price: $79.99

3.0 out of 5 stars No ghosting, on/off requires a long hold, March 2, 2015
Length:: 1:30 Mins

I own several LED lamps most of them have touch control switches where just touching them turns the light on and off. This one is different, it actually requires to hold the on/off button for a second or two. I suppose it prevents people from accidentally turning the light on but other lamps trained me to touch and let go so sometimes I forget I need to hold. Once the lamp is on changing the brightness requires just a touch. The light is reasonably bright (bright enough to read under), with that said it is not the brightness desk lamp I own. In attached video you can see the brightness level especially when I zoom in on the text in a book.

Its best feature is that it prevents ghosting (i.e. preventing showing multiple shadows). In my video you can see a pen directly under the light and just one shadow. Many of my other LED desk lights show multiple shadows.

This is a medium size task light. It has 4 levels of brightness from very dim to fairly light as you can see in my video. This lamp does not cast a very large spotlight, it does not cover my entire table but it does light up my entire large format book shown in the video. It has a nice diffuser and looking at the lamp even on the brightest setting does not hurt.

The lamp has a black glossy finish which is nice looking but attracts fingerprints.

The base of the lamp is 6" x 5". The neck of the lamp is 13" tall, and the length of the panel is 11.5". The neck has a lot of flexibility in in from being horizinal to the desk surface to being able to title backwards about 8 degrees. My lamp did not stay in the position I put it in, it slowly went down. However tightening the screws in the base of the neck fixed the problem. AC cable is 79".

The lamp is powered by a detachable USB cord which has an AC plug. But because it can run on any USB cord it means I can also run the lamp from a power bank which is often very useful because I can use the lamp without having an AC outlet near by.

This lamp is provided by Powerslight for testing and review. I described pluses and minuses of my experience with it and if I have not covered some aspect of its operation leave me a comment and I will do my best to respond to it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20