Profile for Ali Julia > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 20872

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ali Julia RSS Feed (boston, mass)
(#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (#1 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
7 LED Headlight Headlamp - Up to 350 hrs Battery Use 100,000 hrs Bulb Life
7 LED Headlight Headlamp - Up to 350 hrs Battery Use 100,000 hrs Bulb Life
Offered by M M Electronics
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for a person with a small to medium head, October 22, 2014
Length:: 1:07 Mins

For such an inexpensive head lamp ($7.99 with free shipping) this light works very well. It runs on three AAA batteries (which are not included) and has 4 modes (low, medium, high and flashing). I cycle through all the modes in my video. You can see that the bright mode is fairly bright. The plastic ratchet allows you to change the angle of the light. It works well, although it is plastic and its longevity might be an issue. The head lamp has an adjustable elastic band. It stretches well but I found it to be fairly snug on my head on the largest setting. I am not a large person so I think someone with above average head size might find it tight.

This is in inexpensive low end headlight, but it works well.

This headlight is provided by MM Electronics.

Genuine Leather Handbag for Women by Alpha Impact - Red
Genuine Leather Handbag for Women by Alpha Impact - Red
Offered by Alpha Impact
Price: $159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bag with many compartments to keep my stuff organized, October 22, 2014
Length:: 0:45 Mins

This is a great bag, I love having three main compartments so I sort my stuff. In addition to three main compartments there are 3 pockets on the inside (one zipped) and one zipped pocket on the outside. Somehow I always manage to have a lot of stuff in my purse and this bag really keeps all the things well organized.

♦ The purse is 10.5" long (measured from top to bottom in the middle). It is 14 wide (side to side at the bottom, which is the widest part). It is 5.5" deep (measuring the width of the bottom panel).
♦ The inside the bag there are three main compartments. One of them is zipped. It could be used for smaller items such sunblock, lipstick, eyedrops, sunglasses, phone. The two open compartments are equal in size and bigger than the central compartment.
♦ In addition one side a large zipped side pocket (8" wide), and the one one has 2 small open pockets.
♦ It also has a zipped pocket on the outside. It is 5" wide and 6" deep. It is great for items I need quick access to.
♦ The main zipper of the purse is a double zipper. I really like that because I can close it either in the center or reach in from either side.
♦ The purse has 16 inch handles (they extend 6" above the zipper in the center). And optional shoulder strap which is 50" long. The shoulder strap is red leather on one side and red canvas backing on the other side. The shoulder strap attaches with metal closures to the metal rings on the built-in straps, and looks sturdy. This is where many of my old bags begin to frey as I use them but this one looks well designed.

The inside lining is deep brown. This is very practical because it does not show dirt and will look good for a long time.

Last but not least, this bag looks great. It is made out genuine leather. The red color rich and beautiful. The quilted pattern is very attractive. The hardware has gold finish.

I love this bag and I use it pretty much all the time.

This purse is provided by Alpha Impact.

Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash, Citrus Grove, 16 Ounces
Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash, Citrus Grove, 16 Ounces
Offered by Puracy All Natural Home Essentials
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice greatfruit scent, October 22, 2014
Length:: 0:44 Mins

This shampoo smells great. It has a light greatfruit scent that leaves my hair smelling fresh and light. It generates a nice amount of suds, not too much and not to little. The pump has smooth action and the tube reaches all the way to the bottom so I should be able to pump until it is just about gone. And when it is gone, I will be buying more.

This body wash is provided by Puracy.

Ali Julia review

Aukey Ultra Mini USB 3.0 Card Reader SuperSpeed Dual-Slot Memory Card Reader - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, cards are easy to take out, October 21, 2014
Length:: 0:56 Mins

This card reader that has 2 slots (1 micro SD and 1 SD). It is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.

The card reader is 2.5" long, 1" wide, 1/2" thick. It extends 0.25" on each side beyond the USB connector. If your USB ports are tightly spaced this width might create a problem. In that case you can use a USB hub or a cable extender. I tested that using a 3.0 USB hub did not introduce measurable delays. I am using this card reader on both Windows and Linux operating system. Even though Linux support is not listed in the product description it works fine.

To test how well the card reader worked I ran benchmarking utility for this the card reader on both USB 2.0 port and USB 3.0 port. The actual graphs generated by the benchmarking utility are included in my video for those who like the visual details. The tests show that the port did not make a significant difference in speed tests. The limitations comes from the media not the card reader. I compared the performance of this card reader with other card readers I own (using the same media) and the performance of this card reader is on par or slightly better.

➨ USB 3.0 port (PNY Pro SD card)
Average read rate ~~~~~~ 17.6 MB/s
Average write rate ~~~~~~ 4.6 MB/s
Average Access time ~~~~~ 0.89 msec

➨ USB 2.0 port (PNY Pro SD card)
Average read rate ~~~~~~ 18.7 MB/s
Average write rate ~~~~~~ 7.5 MB/s
Average Access time ~~~~~ 1.05 msec

➨ USB 3.0 port (SanDisk micro SD HC)
Average read rate ~~~~~~ 19.6 MB/s
Average write rate ~~~~~~ 4.3 MB/s
Average Access time ~~~~~ 9.35 msec

➨ USB 2.0 port (SanDisk micro SD HC)
Average read rate ~~~~~~ 19.0 MB/s
Average write rate ~~~~~~ 4.5 MB/s
Average Access time ~~~~~ 9.48 msec

SD cards are limited by media not the card reader.

I received this card reader from the manufacturer for testing and review by an independent person. It feels solid, the card slides into it smoothly. I liked that micro SD card is not seeded deeply so it is easy to insert and remove.

Ali Julia review

Envelop Orthotic Insoles 3/4 Length with Arch Supports, Metatarsal and Heel Cushion for Plantar Fasciitis Treatment (Large)
Offered by HEALTH SOURCE
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 3/4 inserts work in my pointy shoes, October 21, 2014
Length:: 0:10 Mins

I have flat and own a number of orthodontic inserts. It always takes me a several days to get used to the new orthotics. When I was first diagnosed with the flat feet my doctor recommended wearing orthotic inserts. He told me to wear new inserts only a few hours each day gradually increasing the amount of time I wear them until they become comfortable and I have been doing so with each new pair.

These are Envelop inserts provide firm and fairly high support for the arch. They are not the type of inserts that provide a lot of cushioning. This arch support is pretty thick but because it is a half insert I can fit into a variety of shoes even pointy ones. I find full supports more comfortable, but full inserts do not fit every shoe I own. For those more pointy shoes I wear these 3/4 inserts. Wearing the insert really helps my back and knees. I can tell when I am not wearing them because my back and knees start hurting by the end of the day,

This inserts are provided by Envelop.

Ali Julia review

COOLING TOWEL - Keep Cool During The Most Intense Workouts - Exercising, Golf, Yoga, Hiking, Running, Climbing, - Keep Your Kids Cool - Lower Your Body Temperature When Hot Flashes Hit - Innovative PVA Material Cools As Moisture Evaporates - Fashionable and a Convenient Way to Stay Cool!
Offered by Boje TruGrowth
Price: $12.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for cold compress for migraines too, October 21, 2014
Length:: 1:03 Mins

What you get in the package is 32" x 6.5" strip of PVA material and 5.25" plastic bottle for carrying the towel. PVA absorbs a lot of liquid and cools as the water evaporates. When it gets warm I can get a bit more cooling by just waving it in the air. It could serve as a heat relieve when it is hot, but I use it in a different way.
I get migraines and a cold compress makes my head feel better. I normally a cotton scarf, but I found that this cooling towel inserted in the into the cold scarf works much better than a cotton scarf on its own. The scarf is helpful because I can tie it around my head and don't need to hold.

The container keeps the towel moist and prevents other things from getting wet. Its handy!

This cooling towel is provided by BOJE TruGrowth. This towel turned out to be extremely helpful during warm or cold weather as I use it any time I get a headache.

Ali Julia review

Cool & Natural Form-Fit Pillow--Holds Any Shape, Comfortable Three-Layer Quilted Cotton Shell (Queen)
Offered by Form-Fit Pillow
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Messy assembly but excellent results, October 20, 2014
Length:: 1:47 Mins

This pillow comes in two parts: a quilted pillow case and a plastic bag with filling. The filling is a mix of buckwheat husks and packing foam peanuts. Pretty amazing that the inventor thought of this combination but it works. You can add as much of the mix into the pillow case as you want based on the desired loft of the pillow. I used it all. The only down side of the filling coming in a separate bag that this husks go everywhere because of the static electricity. I used the box the package came in as a form to hold the shape of the pillow case and catch most of the husks that did not make it into the pillow case. Frankly, I would have preferred if the pillow came pre-stuffed and if I wanted it to be flatter I could have removed some extra stuffing. This would avoid the need to assemble the pillow for some percentage of people.

The pillow case is made out of thick quilted cotton and closes with a zipper. I was concerned that if the zipper got pulled open accidentally the bed would be full of husks and put the pillow into another zipped pillow protector with a zipper on the opposite side from the one on the quilted pillow case.

The pillow fits a standard pillow case. It is 23" x 15" in size and weighs 5.5 pounds. 5.5 pound weight is with all the filling that came with used in the pillow case.

Because of its hefty weight it feels very different from a typical pillow but it is amazingly comfortable. It is firm but not hard, and it holds the position of your head or neck just like you arrange it. I had several back surgeries and since my surgeries the doctors recommended that I sleep on my back. With the old pillows during the night I somehow manage to turn around into my old favorite position without knowing it, with this pillow I stay put on my back just like I am supposed to.

Bottom line? The assembly was a bit messy, but the final results are excellent.

This pillow is provided by Form-Fit Pillows.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2014 8:54 AM PDT

Movo Photo SVH5 Solid Aluminum Handgrip Video Stabilizer for DSLR Cameras & Camcorders
Offered by Movo Photo
Price: $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made camera grip, October 20, 2014
Length:: 0:30 Mins

This grips feels really solidly made. It is made out of aluminium and the grip is covered with neoprene. It is 7.05 oz and 6" long. The neoprene feels very grippy it also works well to absorb sweat when it is hot. The bottom of the grip can take a mounting screw so I can use it on a tripod and then quickly remove and use it as hand-held grip.

This grip is provided by Movo. It is well made.

Ali Julia review

TaoTronics® TT-DL07 Dimmable Eye-care LED Desk Lamp(Silver, 4 Lighting Modes: Reading/Studying/Relaxation/Bedtime, 5-Level Dimmer, Touch-Sensitive Control Panel, 1-Hour Auto Timer, 5V/2A USB Charging Port,, Mobile Device Charger)

5.0 out of 5 stars A desk lamp with many options, October 20, 2014
Length:: 2:07 Mins

This LED lamp comes with two options - it has a clamp so it can be clamped to the table or a base so it can stand on the table as a desk lamp. Both options work well - the base is heavy and stable; the clamp attaches well. Both option allow the lamp to swivel so you can orient it in different directions. The light has several modes of brightness and generates a large spot light (you can see the brightness level and the size of the spot light in my video). I cycle through different modes so you can see the color and the brightness this lamp provides.

This lamp has quite a few adjustments:
♦ The light panel swivels 180 degrees.
♦ The arm swings 140 degrees.
♦ Touch panel has 4 modes and 3 brightness levels
Read mode, study mode, and relax mode vary by the color temperature they produce. Sleep mode makes the lamp a night light by producing soft light. There is a timer that turns off the light in 60 minutes. Brightness control has 5 levels. Note that the on/off switch always glows in red color even when the lamp is turned off.

The lamp comes with a nice manual booklet.

The lamp is 16.5" tall, and its light panel is 13.75" long and 1.75" wide. The base is 7" x 7". The lamp runs from the AC power using an AC adapter. The AC cord is 60". As a bonus the base of the lamp has a USB port so you can charge your a mobile devices from it. The lamp is made out of plastic. The base has a nice heavy feel to it. The desk clamp feels a little light and less sturdy.

This lamp produces a very nice bright light as well as a large spot light. I like it!

This lamp is provided by TaoTronics.

Banberry Designs Cats Canvas Shopping Shoulder Tote Bag
Banberry Designs Cats Canvas Shopping Shoulder Tote Bag
Offered by Relevant Gifts
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute bag, October 19, 2014
Length:: 0:15 Mins

I got this bag to use as a groceries shopping bag but decided it was too pretty for groceries. It is made out of a polyester tapestry, the type you might see in wall textile wall hangings. It is very nice looking. Its size is 15.5" x 12.5" with a 27" handle made out of black strapping. I use it for carrying books and small items for weekend trips. It had a bit of smell when I took it out of the package, but the scent aired out within a short period of time.

This tote bag is provided by Banberry Designs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20