Profile for Chris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 139

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris RSS Feed (Ohio, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Thickfreakness
Thickfreakness
Price: $11.99
64 used & new from $6.04

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Black Keys Album, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Thickfreakness (Audio CD)
This is by far my favorite album of theirs. I was introduced to their music probably right when this album came out, back when I had no idea who this band was or where I even got the album from. This music is really something to listen to when you are in many moods. It really "speaks" to me. I can't quite explain it. I can sing all these songs by heart and I know their style right away. I wish their new album hadn't moved so far away from their old sound.

[Drop Protection] Caseology Samsung Galaxy S5 [Turquoise Mint] Slim Fit Skin Cover [Shock Absorbent] TPU Bumper Case [Made in Korea] (for Verizon, AT&T Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked)
Offered by MODN Mall
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Perfect and Serves It's Purpose, May 27, 2014
This cover was exactly as described. I bought the Mint color, and it is exactly that. I would not call this Turquoise. The cover is slim and doesn't add any bulk to the phone. It fit on very easily and the cutouts are perfectly matched with the buttons, camera, and plug.

Ruin
Ruin
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This book went through all the emotions!, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Ruin (Kindle Edition)
It totally helps that there is an incredibly hot guy on the cover of this book. I had no idea what it was about when I started reading it, I was just browsing through my Kindle library and found this, which who knows how long ago I purchased it as a freebie.\

I loved this book. I have no idea what "new adult romance" genre is, that another reviewer sited. I would not call this an "adult romance" book. After all, the female main character is a freshman in college and extremely naive and inexperienced, while her male main character is the total opposite. I found the dialogue to be very sweet and I absolutely fell for both of these characters, by halfway through the book I was very invested and cried at all the heartbreaking moments. Like tears streaming down my face! LOL I can't remember the last time a book made me cry like that.

I liked reading from both of their POVs, though I didn't much care for the excerpt of their thoughts at the beginning of each chapter, it took me a few chapters to figure out what that was. I also didn't understand the prologue, I honestly thought that was in the book, and was totally dreading that part to come up.

I cannot wait to read more of Rachel Van Dyken's books!!!

100 Days in Deadland (Deadland Saga)
100 Days in Deadland (Deadland Saga)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Enjoyable Zombie Story, March 31, 2014
I enjoyed this book, I finished it in about 6 hours, hardly wanted to put the book down! The book reflected a lot of the Walking Dead comics storyline. I kinda of saw some of the "surprises" coming before they did because it was so similar in spots. I enjoyed the characters a lot, the main character, Cash, I had no idea was a girl until she admitted her name was Mia a few chapters in. I also have no idea how old she is. I am also clueless to Clutch's age which was really starting to bother me as the story went on.

I too, was disappointed with the ending. It ended rather abruptly and was so blah compared to the rest of the story. I wondered why her idea wasn't brought up sooner, because surely that could have fixed the problem earlier in the story.

I hope the next book continues with these characters, as well as bringing in new ones.

Simple Living: The Ultimate Simple Living Guide - How To Simplify Your Life, Declutter Your Home, Reduce Stress And Be Happier Living With Less (How To ... Stress, Eliminate Stress, Living Simple)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars how hard is it to spell check and grammar check??, March 19, 2014
I couldn't even finish the book, the poor grammar and punctuation make it much too confusing to try to get thru a few paragraphs- did she write it on her kindle and it filled in the words for her?! No idea why people would call this "spiritually" helpful as one reviewer did. So happy I got this free, deleting off my kindle. I'm reading a good book about 66 routes to physical and mental decluttering- some of it is repeats; but at least I can understand what the author is saying because he got an editor- Un-Clutter! 66 Routes to A Freer Life by Dr Andy Goodman

Frozen Free Fall
Frozen Free Fall
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars didn't realize it was like candy crush, March 13, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Free Fall (App)
I am not a fan of candy crush. I just thought this was one of those match 3 games like bejeweled. kindle fire worked fine.

Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix, 1000 mg, Super Orange, 0.3 Ounce Packets 30 packets
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $12.99
14 used & new from $10.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Diluted Flavor, Grainy Texture, March 10, 2014
I received a free sample of Emergen - C ® from Smiley360. I have tried this previously over a year ago and I didn't like the grainy texture of it then. I had hoped it had improved, but I don't believe it has much.

I also didn't care for the flavor, it seemed to be very diluted. I wouldn't buy these myself, but other people might like the flavor to be less intense.

Neutrogena Long Wear Liquid Make-Up, Natural Ivory, 1 Fluid Ounce
Neutrogena Long Wear Liquid Make-Up, Natural Ivory, 1 Fluid Ounce
Price: $12.69
5 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers Evenly and Feels Smooth, March 6, 2014
I received a free sample of this product from BzzAgent. I love this liquid makeup. It feels very smooth and light on my skin. I don't use a lot at once, perhaps people who think it feels thick are using too much at once? Its also not super thick in the bottle. I've been using it every day since I received it and I think I will replace my Mary Kay foundation with this one! The color looks great on me, and I had to pick a color choice from a website, I did a great job picking the Ivory color. It covers up blemishes and red spots and overall makes my skin feel more clear and healthy.

The Mating: The Original Law of the Lycans Story
The Mating: The Original Law of the Lycans Story
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Lead Female Has No Backbone, March 5, 2014
On the one hand, Elise, the lead female, has absolutely no backbone throughout this book except maybe twice. She is supposed to be mated with an Alpha, that alone meant (IMO) she should be exerting her power over the other characters, especially when they are rude or disrespectful to her. She is also a very naive main character in an arranged marriage (mating), which makes for some immature scenes.

There were many parts I enjoyed about this book, after all I basically read for 3 hours straight before admitting I should at least try to get some sleep before waking up early the next day. Kane, the Alpha, his character was definitely lacking. I'm bored with the constant need for the 2 lover characters of so many romance novels to never admit their true feelings until something goes wrong or something bad happens to one or the other. Same typical story here. I wish Kane had been more developed as a character and that their bond had solidified much sooner in the storyline so we got to know them as a couple better.

I've also read this series out of order, as I started with this one first, and will continue to the sequel, without reading the prequel. But maybe thats ok.

If You Have a Craving, I Have a Cure: Experience Food, Faith, and Fulfillment a Whole New Way
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars title was misleading, February 5, 2014
The title made me think this book was about totally different things. Yes it says "faith", but I wasn't expecting that much of it. This is headed towards the traditional views of marriage, and she says "your man" a lot which feels like she thinks its the wife's responsiblility to take up all the traditional gender roles and responsibilities. I'm so happy this was free and I could never recommend this to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14