Profile for Computer Chick > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Computer Chick RSS Feed (Slidell, LA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
3D It's Hot Hot Hot! Mini Flag
3D It's Hot Hot Hot! Mini Flag

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, June 29, 2007
This review is from: 3D It's Hot Hot Hot! Mini Flag
This flag is just adorable. I bought it to hang from my garden flag stand during the summer months. Three neighbors have already asked me where I got it from. :o) Love it! The fabric is of high quality and the holes that you slide the stand in are big enough so that you won't have to fight to get it on and off.

A Dirty Job: A Novel
A Dirty Job: A Novel
by Christopher Moore
143 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, Wicked, & Funny, June 29, 2007
This review is from: A Dirty Job: A Novel (Hardcover)
This was my first Christopher Moore book I've read, but I can definitely tell you that it won't be my last. This book grabbed me right from the beginning, kept me interested throught the middle, and had me reading late into the night so I could finish. I loved it! Charlie is hilarious and his friends and family add to his own outlandish life. Mr. Moore's sense of humor is subtle at times and at other times it's down right laugh out loud funny. I love "Kitty". You'll know what that means after you read it. ;o)

Six Bad Things: A Novel
Six Bad Things: A Novel
by Charlie Huston
Price: $12.50
160 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read!, June 29, 2007
Picks up where "Caught Stealing" left off. Charlie is still trying to get out of the trouble caused by the load of cash he "happened in to." I could definitely see this made into a movie...it's that captivating. The story never leaves you bored, disinterested, or hurrying up to finish. I savored the book, beginning to end. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because of the way it ends. The ending left me with a feeling of dread and hoping I'm wrong about the third and last installment about Charlie's life.

Pawleys Island Large DuraCord Rope Hammock, Green
Pawleys Island Large DuraCord Rope Hammock, Green
Offered by Essex Technology Group
Price: $169.50
14 used & new from $169.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!!!, June 29, 2007
What a perfect way to spend a lazy summer afternoon...lounging in a comfy hammock with a glass of iced-tea. (Heavy sigh)...that's exacly how I spent my first weekend once I got my hammock set up. The rope that the hammock is made of is a very soft cotton-like material. The rope doesn't dig into my skin or scratch me. I love it!

KitchenAid 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, White
KitchenAid 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, White
Offered by ashley warehouse
Price: $5.95
3 used & new from $5.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Only One Problem, February 12, 2007
It's typical measuring spoons. They do the job. The only complaint I have is that the ring lets some of the measuring spoons loose. I like my measuring spoons to stay on the ring. There is a gap that lets the spoons come off. Some people like this but I don't. Other than that, I have no complaints. The construction of the spoons are good and the measurements are clear to read. I would buy them again (and not only because I have a Kitchen Aid kitchen and wanted everything to match).

Dress Your Best: The Complete Guide to Finding the Style That's Right for Your Body
by Clinton Kelly
Price: $14.05
275 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Could Have Been More Helpful, February 12, 2007
This book was helpful, but could have been more so. I read through every body type. I found two body types that could relate to me. I couldn't figure out which one applied to me though. For example, average height, curvy figure shows Stacy as the model. Although I am of average height and have a curvy figure, I am by no stretch of the imagination a size 4 (like Stacy). The next figure I thought may apply to me was the tall, curvy model. Although her proportions were more like my own, I am not tall (over 5'7'). So, I had to take both of the models and try to pull what I could use out of the three outfits given as examples of what to wear. My advice would be to read about all of the body types because advice is given that applies to every body type during most of the examples, like what type of heel to wear with what hemline. Definitely not a be all and end all book of what not to wear. The book also includes body types for men (not helpful to me, but fun to read).

Daughtry
Daughtry
Offered by Speedy CD
Price: $17.99
204 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Won American Idol, February 12, 2007
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
Chris' CD is amazing. You can feel the passion in his voice, just like when he sang on American Idol. His voice is clear, deep, and sexy. The CD showcases his talent with song lyrics that enhance his vocal qualities. I enjoyed every song on this CD, but the first one is the best. That's probably why it's on the radio right now. I would definitely buy this CD again, and his next.

Shaun of the Dead [DVD] (2004)
Shaun of the Dead [DVD] (2004)
DVD ~ Kate Ashfield
Price: $7.48
243 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a future classic!, November 27, 2006
I'm not a movie critic, so this will be short compared to most of these reviews. Shaun of the Dead was hilarious! Get it if you want to laugh.

Classics From the Crypt
Classics From the Crypt
Price: $11.98
45 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Classical and great, November 27, 2006
This review is from: Classics From the Crypt (Audio CD)
A must-have for your Halloween music collection. Different and strong, the music will definitely get you in the Halloween mood. I played it on my stereo while answering the door to trick-or-treaters. It made me feel "oh-so-spooky" and festive.

Halloween: The Best of Martha Stewart Living
Halloween: The Best of Martha Stewart Living
by Martha Stewart Living Magazine
51 used & new from $1.23

4.0 out of 5 stars If You Have The Time..., November 27, 2006
Excellent ideas for Halloween decorating and parties....if you have the time. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time on my hands so I wasn't able to use the book for this past Halloween (2006). Hopefully, I'll have more time next year, or I'll start preparing ahead of time. The ideas are clever and original and I'd like to use them. The book is of great quality, thick paper. The photos and instructions are clear and not at all confusing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3