Profile for G. Border > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Border "Hailey" RSS Feed (Bako, California)

SquareTrade 3-Year Tablet Protection Plan ($600-$700)
SquareTrade 3-Year Tablet Protection Plan ($600-$700)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: $117.62

1.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, October 19, 2012
I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A WARRANTY FROM THEM AGAIN. This was literally the worst experience I have ever had with a company. At first everything was going great I cracked my Ipad screen and filed the claim the same day sent it off two days later and was really happy with how things were going. Everything was speedy and fast. Then once I got it back the issues began. The screen would randomly stall or random buttons would push but it was very intermittent and not a very big problem, so I let it go. Then all of a sudden the bottom section of the screen stopped working. I really just thought it would start working in a couple days and it was only the very bottom row of icons anyways so I left it alone. About a week after that the screen started going berserk, it was as if someone was continually tapping on the screen. So I call them since this was obviously an issue with the repair that was done and the lady I spoke with barely spoke English and was incredibly rude to me. When I asked to talk to a supervisor I was told there wasn't one there, as it was Sunday so she told me that a supervisor would call me back the next day. When I asked her when or if I could expect it at a certain time she told me it was whenever they got to it and left it at that. So I ended that call and waited the next day for a call from a supervisor which never happened. At this point I really didn't care anymore and just wanted my ipad to be usable again. However, I never received any email confirming the claim that was filed for me or a shipping label like I received the first time. I waited a week and after still receiving nothing I called again this time I got a guy and he told me that my claim had been "accidentally" closed. After how rude the first lady was to me I have serious doubts that this was an accident. So he told me I would be getting the shipping box in a couple days. So I received the box and packed up my Ipad and sent it off the next day. Not sure exactly what the date was but it was somewhere around the 1st of October I think a little bit before. The shipping box was directly to United Camera which I assume does the repairs for Squaretrade. I got an email on Oct. 8, that my device was received and was being repaired. This included an order number and a link to check the status. The repair time is supposed to be 3-5 days. 11 days go by and I hear nothing. Then today I get an email from Squaretrade saying they JUST received my device. 3 WEEKS AFTER I SENT IT AND ALMOST 2 AFTER I GOT AN EMAIL FROM THIS OTHER COMPANY. So I call them for the third time and I talked to a guy who gave me basically no information and all he could say was that he didn't know when it would be shipped back to me. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE. EVER. So thank you Squaretrade for your "excellent" service.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2014 6:51 AM PST

The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun
The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun
by Paul Hattaway
Price: $14.30
164 used & new from $0.22

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing true story, March 21, 2007
this book is so amazing it changed my life completely it gave me such a new outlook outlife and i was a person who was only vagely aware that persucution was still going on and all of the miracles are so amazing shortly afte reading this book the Lord put it on my heart to become a missionary. I was reading the reviews on here and someone posted a letter saying that Brother Yun is a fake and a con man so i decided to research it a little. The idea of him being a "black sheep" in the Chinese church seems a little ridiculous to me because of all of the people that he has led to the Lord. I mean the fact that he has led thousands of people to Christ is an undisputed fact, how could a man like that be a fake? so i found this letter written by eight house church leaders in china:

An open letter from 8 Chinese Church Leaders

To the body of Christ within China and overseas

According to the truth of Bible and for the sake of the unity of the church, we hereby are willing to bear witness regarding brother Liu Zhenying (known in the West as Brother Yun, the author of "The Heavenly Man"), whom we have served together and known deeply over the years. He is faithful servant of God, and of humble and honest character. Brother Liu has been called by the Lord since his youth, and has been serving The Only True God and the gospel with all of his heart and abilities, and he has also given his best for the beloved believers who are suffering in mainland China. Regarding the financial offerings from the saints, he has always conducted himself above board; never has he taken any offering for personal benefit. Regarding his position in work, he does not indulge in self pride or self promotion, furthermore, he has never considered himself the only legal representative of Chinese house church, as some have claimed.

Unfortunately, there is "someone" living in Hamburg, Germany, who keeps sending out accusations through the internet, email, letters, cassette tapes and CDs to discredit brother Yun's reputation. We have checked the accusations thoroughly and found the accusations to be false, baseless and a distortion of the true facts. In addition, certain persons being quoted in the accusations also deny having discredited brother Yun in anyway. They also expressed their displeasure of being falsely used, out of context, and without their consent and by distortion of the true facts. This matter is not merely concerning the reputation of an individual, it is also concerning the witness and unity of the kingdom of Christ, therefore, we just could not simply be a bystander, we are determined to object the false accusations with this open letter and to correct the misperception caused. At the same time, we sincerely hope churches would verify the accusations thoroughly, and not fall into the trap of Satan who wants to destroy the progress of the work of gospel in Europe. Therefore, we have unanimously decided to write this open letter to the churches in China and overseas, to verify the facts, and support brother Yun's work in various locations. We want to call upon the saints from every corner of the world to heed the call to bring the gospel back to Jerusalem, while waiting upon our Lord's glorious return.

Signatories:

Huang Shu Shen

Deng Xin Zhe

Huang Ai Min

Europe Gospel Centre / Various Church Pastors & Co-workers

06-Jan-2005, at Paris France.

I will continue to have faith in the fact that Brother Yun trully is a man of God
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2010 3:28 AM PDT

Sword of the Rightful King: A Novel of King Arthur
Sword of the Rightful King: A Novel of King Arthur
by Jane Yolen
78 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars The ending was kind of awkward but maybe thats just me, January 9, 2007
I read this book like a year ago so I'm a little dusty on the finer details but this book was interesting if you wanted a different take on the typical King Arthur story I normally like King Arthur stories but this one I just thought was a little boring maybe it was a little too different for my tastes and I have to say the Gawen and Gawaine kind of confused me at times I tended to mix them up a bit probably my biggest issue with this book is that one of the characters is suppose to be a boy and then you suddenly find out that he is a she and then she gets married and its kind of weird cause through the entire story you're used to thinking of her as a boy so it was really awkward to me when she gets married it wasn't a bad book just not one of my favorites and I'll probably never read it again
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2012 11:00 PM PDT

Twilight
Twilight
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: $13.99
829 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars vampire love... ahhhh how sweet (why can't Edward be real?), January 9, 2007
This review is from: Twilight (Hardcover)
so before I read this book i was totally not in to the whole vampire novel things but this is my favorite book i have ever read by far. I have reread this book more times than i can count. I have tried a few other vampire books but none of them even come close to this one. Bella is such a great character I can totally relate to her and I know that some reviewers were saying that the way she talks sounds way too old but I am 16 and most of the things she says I would have said myself so I don't understand why people say that. Edward is basically amazing I find myself wishing he's real. Everything about this book just makes me happy when I read it. Edward and Bella's love is so sweet. okay I have to say that if you don't exactly like romance novels you are not gonna like this book because thats basically all its about with some very exciting action. The one thing that actually kind of bugged me about this book is that the time between when Bella is told that Edward is a vampire and the endof the book is like a week and a half maybe two weeks it all seemed a little quick not to mention that when Bella goes to meet Edward's parents she wears a shirt that she says he once complimented but when he complimented that shirt it was like 3 days before that kind of bugged me but this book is still amazing and I have had such a hard time finding a good book to read now because this one was so good everything else just can't compare