Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Sam > Reviews

Browse

Sam's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sam RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best bouncers you can get, May 17, 2010
This is for the Ocean Wonders Aquarium Bouncer. I love all the Fisher Price bouncers and toys in general, but this has to be one of their best inventions yet. This bouncer keeps my baby enterained for HOURS, allowing me to easily get things done. When my 3 month old is feeling active, he loves to sit in the bouncer and grab/kick the hanging fish and seahorse. When he's in the mood to relax, he will lay back and stare at the swimming fish/bubbles. When he wants to sleep, simply switch on the vibration and he's out in a few minutes. If you are looking for a good bouncer that will actually keep baby entertained without you constantly having to "bounce" him/her, look no further!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cures baby acne!, May 17, 2010
This stuff is THE CURE for baby acne. My 3 month old had severe blotches of acne/peeling on both cheeks and everyone kept saying it'll go away on it's own. This is true in most cases, but as it got worse each day, it bothered me to see it. His pediatrician recommended Baby Aquaphor and ALL of the acne literally cleared up in THREE DAYS and never came back with regular use of the ointment. Since then, I have recommended it to several people for the same problem and everyone has thanked me after seeing the results. Regardless of that, it's a great moisturizer (for babies and adults) and diaper rash ointment so I highly recommend this product for general use as well.

Lodge Cast-Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 20-Inch x 10.44-Inch, Black
Lodge Cast-Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 20-Inch x 10.44-Inch, Black
Price: $44.99
97 used & new from $32.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grill!, May 23, 2009
This is my first review on amazon so people may not find it reliable, but let me just say that the only reason I never reviewed anything before is cuz I never found something this great!

I am a home chef and I spent months, literally MONTHS, deciding on an indoor grill. I was really hesitant to get cast iron because so many were complaining about food sticking, burning, etc. but I had heard wayyy too much negativity about electric/non-stick grills and griddles. So after reading almost all 200-something of the reviews for this product, I decided to give it a shot.

Based on all the reviews, I knew I should probably season this thing before the first use, but I was too excited to try it out right away. I went with some "experimental" pancakes (just mixed water into flour and baking powder) so that if they were ruined, it wouldn't be too much of a loss. I took the advice of all the others and was careful about pre-heating, timing, temperature control, etc. This was my first time cooking with cast iron so I was really positive that my first try wouldn't be successful -- but lo and behold, PERFECT PANCAKES! They were all the exact same, solid, golden brown color and perfectly cooked through. They didn't stick at all even though I hadn't seasoned the griddle (just brushed lightly with oil before pouring on the batter), and I think the reason people are having problems with sticking is because they try to turn the food over too soon. You have to wait for the first side to be COMPLETELY done, and you'll know it's completely done when one slight push will release it from the surface. I don't think there's really anything that would get stuck so badly that high heat wouldn't release it, so even if you have some particles of food stuck, just crank up the heat until they loosen up.

Obviously, it wasn't as slick and smooth as non-stick, but I'm positive that with a few more seasonings, it would be pretty darn close and will give you better tasting, better quality food. I also don't understand why people are making such an issue out of having to season it and calling it "hard work." All you're doing is brushing it with oil and sticking it in the oven, probably once a month depending on how much you use it. What's so hard about that?

I haven't tried the grill side yet so maybe I won't have as much luck with meat on the first try, but the plate definitely does heat up and cook EVENLY and quickly, so I'm not as skeptical as I was before. I think it's just a matter of patience and practice, trial and error. If you're into different cooking techniques, particularly grilling, this is definitely worth getting. But if you're buying this without having any real grilling or cast iron experience and think it would be as simple as throwing some ingredients on and watching them transform into a delicious meal without any effort, you are likely to be disappointed. You really have to learn how to use it properly to get good results. Using this grill requires patience, time, knowledge, and effort, but it's well worth it in the end!!

Oh and by the way, it's really not THAT heavy. If I can move it around without too much strain, anyone can (I'm about 5 ft tall and 90 lbs)

EDIT (5/17/10): I have been using this grill regularly for a year now and fully stand by what I said before -- this is a cooking tool that you have to learn how to use and if done properly, you will fall in LOVE with this thing. I now enjoy delicious steaks/bbq chicken/grilled corn on the cob/etc all throughout winter instead of just summer. Yes you do have to season it regularly (I use this grill probably once a week and season it very well once a month.) I lovvve the griddle side as well for pancakes, french toast, sautee'ing veggies.. the large surface makes it sooo much easier than using a frying pan when making big batches of these things. You name it, this grill can do it. PLEEEASE don't get nonstick, it will be a total waste of your money when the enamel starts sticking to food and peeling off. This is a great item to have for anyone who enjoys cooking. I will mention again that it takes patience and practice, just like outdoor grilling.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2016 9:45 PM PST