Profile for Zombie Mom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zombie Mom "wooly thinker" RSS Feed (Land of Frozen Tourists, MI)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
Price: $28.88
85 used & new from $21.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Hope everyone has a Gold account!, February 27, 2014
My entire family is in love with PvZ. My 5 year old son has been begging for this game since December, and has actually spent the last 20 days counting down to the day this game was supposed to arrive. Imagine our disappointment when we discovered that you HAVE TO HAVE A GOLD ACCOUNT TO PLAY?!?!?!? Seriously? Does Popcap, or rather EA, think I'm going to fork over the money for a 5 year old to have a Gold account? Only one person in my house has a Gold account, so it looks like we'll just have to share and try not to get too upset when someone else uses some plants that you've purchased. We are horribly disappointed.

We were really looking forward to all 4 of us being able to play together to defeat the zombie waves, but again, no such luck. No split-screen with this game (or with this version, I see some of the other reviews mention Xbox One has split-screen). More disappointment.

I really wanted to like this game. Honestly, I did. I guess the best I can say is that if you're buying this for yourself and you have (or want to have) a Xbox Live Gold account, then go ahead, it might be worth $30 (maybe). If you had hopes of co-op play (split-screen, all in the same room, awesome family fun) then look elsewhere. If you're buying this for kid(s) and they don't have Gold accounts, and you really don't see the point of getting them a gold account just so that they can play this particular game every once in a while, then DON'T BUY THIS GAME.

I didn't think I'd ever say this about PvZ, but this is absolutely ridiculous and I wish we had never heard about this game.

UPDATE: I've added another star to my rating because of how much fun my son is having playing this. Since this game is played online, you do hear other people talking. So far I have not heard any inappropriate language, and I stay in the room while he's playing. I did hear an absolutely hilarious conversation between a very nice man and another 5 year old. I briefly considered finding my husband's headset to let my kid join in the discussion, but I didn't want this poor guy's head to explode from trying to decipher two 5 year olds at once. From what I've heard, it seems the average age of people playing (or at least, people talking) is between 5 and 7 years.

It's still annoying that you have to have a Gold account... my son and husband take turns playing since we have no intention of paying for another Gold account, especially for a 5 year old. I do not remember seeing this requirement when I pre-ordered the game back in December. To be honest, I didn't look to see if it was online only since I was buying a PvZ game. Scratch that. I was buying a PvZ game aimed at children. I get why there's online play, really I do, but why there isn't a solo board available is beyond me.

Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, Book 2)
Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, Book 2)
by Brandon Mull
Price: $7.19
215 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter is already begging for the next book., December 30, 2013
Gave this to my 12 year old daughter as a Christmas present... by the time she went to bed on Dec. 26, she was already begging for the next book. I gave this 5 stars because she devoured it in 24 hours, which tells me that it must be pretty good.

If I can get her to give me her personal review, I'll update this later.

T-Rex Car Emblem
T-Rex Car Emblem
Offered by Apex Imports
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My vehicle will be happiest vehicle, December 30, 2013
This review is from: T-Rex Car Emblem (Automotive)
I say "will be" because it's currently below freezing here and I should probably wait until spring before sticking this little beauty on my van. It's going to be a long and difficult wait, but I will persevere! I don't want to have it fall off in an hour because the adhesive froze before properly bonding with my imperfect vehicle. Oh yes, imperfect. But never fear, perfection shall be attained once it is adorned with the wonderful and radiant T-Rex Car Emblem.

Christmas was the best! (and in case you're wondering, the fact that I received this on Christmas has only improved my happiness). Thanks, Santa!

Gift Craft 33-Inch Colored Glass and Metal Frog Design Glow in The Dark Garden Stake, Large (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars I can't even tell you if it works, December 30, 2013
I purchased this item as a gift for my mother-in-law to put in her garden. While the shipping box had absolutely no damage, the glass globe was shattered. Not surprising seeing as how it only had a thin layer of bubble wrap to protect it inside the wire cage. Given the design of the item, I understand that there is no way to remove the globe for shipping, and really not enough room inside wire "body" for much more than a little bit of bubble wrap, but perhaps it should have been better restrained inside the package rather than some wadded up packing paper wedged around it? Be warned, the globe itself is very thin and I wonder if it would even survive being left outside, especially if there's any kind of wind. I'm supposed to be receiving a replacement, but I see that the item is now out of stock. I'm seriously debating cancelling the replacement, getting my refund, and finding something better.

You should also know that you are only receiving 1 frog garden stake, not 3. I did find another online site that was selling these for $8 a piece... just throwing that out there. Other than that, it looked really cute, the stake looked sturdy too.

Dearfoams Men's Plaid Moc Slip-On Loafer,Black,Medium/9-10 M US
Dearfoams Men's Plaid Moc Slip-On Loafer,Black,Medium/9-10 M US
Price: $32.42
2 used & new from $27.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a good slipper, December 25, 2013
I bought these as a present for my husband. Because he wears a size 10 shoe, and every other pair of slippers I have ever purchased have been size 10 or 9/10, I bought the Medium (9/10) size. He couldn't even get his foot all the way in! Since he really likes the look and feel of these, I have already ordered the next size larger and am sending these back. In other words, these run small and if there's any question at all of which size to order, order larger. They look well constructed and warm. I will update this later if there are any problems.

Amulet #4: The Last Council
Amulet #4: The Last Council
by Kazu Kibuishi
Price: $10.03
107 used & new from $6.02

4.0 out of 5 stars My 11 year old loves it, June 3, 2013
I haven't read it, but my 11 year old daughter says it's one of the best series she's read. Each time she gets one of the Amulet books she devours it hours. Which brings me to the one problem I have here: she devours it in HOURS. We get home at five, I open the Amazon box and hand her a new book, she immediately squees and runs to the recliner, and then she starts to read and she doesn't stop until she's done (normally still way before bed time). This is why I've never been into graphic novels, the price seems to outweigh the entertainment value, but she LOVES these books. Is it worth it? I believe that it is.

Covers
Covers
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely addicted, June 3, 2013
This review is from: Covers (MP3 Music)
Okay, I'm a little biased. I used to play the cello and for that last 10 years or so I've really regretted quitting. I will tell you this though, if it had ever occurred to me that I could play music like this, I would have never quit. These cellists are amazing! I absolutely hate the song B.Y.O.B., but I could listen to their cover on repeat.

I am completely addicted to this album. I play it while I work, and I'm fairly certain my swaying back and forth while sitting in my cubicle has garnered more than a few laughs... but do I care? No. No I don't. I dare you to listen to this and sit still at the same time.

Super Hero Squad: Iron Man's Super Power Mix-Up (Marvel Super Hero Squad (LB Kids Paperback))
by Zachary Rau
43 used & new from $3.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed-up fun!, June 3, 2013
My son, age 5, thinks this book is hilarious! Each time we read it, I've lost count how many times, he laughs even harder than before. A teeny tiny Hulk is apparently comedy gold... We have a few of the Super Hero Squad books and this is by far his favorite!

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Combination Skin, 4 Ounce
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Combination Skin, 4 Ounce
Offered by Preferred Mart
Price: $13.99
21 used & new from $6.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels great, June 3, 2013
I really would like to find the person who told me that acne goes away when you get older... Well, I'm older now, and if anything it's worse. Luckily, this moisturizer not only doesn't feel greasy, it doesn't cause my skin to break out either. Very happy with this so far.

Super Hero Squad: King of the North Pole (Passport to Reading Level 1)
Super Hero Squad: King of the North Pole (Passport to Reading Level 1)
by Lisa Shea
88 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Reading Level 1?, January 29, 2013
I don't know what most peoples' idea of "Reading Level 1" is, but this isn't mine. It's a cute story and my son, who is 4, loves it, but there's no way he's reading this thing for a while yet. Other "Level 1" books in our house have very simple sentences with lots of repetitive words. not so with this book.

It's a fun book, just expect to be reading it to your kid for a while.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3