Profile for Sharon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sharon RSS Feed (Windsor Locks, CT)

Gangster Government: Barack Obama and the New Washington Thugocracy
Gangster Government: Barack Obama and the New Washington Thugocracy
Price: $9.78

1.0 out of 5 stars partisan reading, June 21, 2012
Simply put, if you are a right wing republican, you will like this book. If you are not, this book will not change your mind. It is basically a lot of the paranoia that exists in the USA today against Obama. If that's what you like, then purchase the book. It was meant for you. It is like tossing red meat to a lion
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2013 10:10 AM PDT

The Fox Effect: How Roger Ailes Turned a Network into a Propaganda Machine
The Fox Effect: How Roger Ailes Turned a Network into a Propaganda Machine
by David Brock
Price: $12.70
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars anyone who watches Fox will not like this book., February 25, 2012
a few years ago, I took a cruise. I wanted to see what was going on live in the USA. The only network available live was Fox News. I heard it was right leaning, but I didn't care. I am an independent voter. I just wanted to know what was going on in the USA. Honestly, I COULD NOT get over the racist overtones on the network. The scrolling anti democratic rhetoric was sickening. I watched it a few more times during the 10 day cruise. I am convinced that people are brainwashed after they watch that network for a long period of time.

On the the review. I thought it was very good. It details just how Ailes operates and how he gets his agenda across to people. They call themselves fair and balanced and nothing could be the truth. How can you be fair and balanced if you only cater to one side?

Again, if you are a Fox watcher, this book will make you angry. I bet most of the people giving it one star never read the book. They don't want anyone talking about Fox in negative way.

She Slipped and Fell
She Slipped and Fell

5.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised at how much I loved it, June 26, 2011
This book was real, it kept me interested, it was sexy, it told a wonderful story about two women who just happened to fall in love. I highly recommend this book. Definitely not your normal lesbian love story.