Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for SaturnAlien > Reviews

Browse

SaturnAlien's Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SaturnAlien RSS Feed (Deep Woods)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pirate Kitty
Pirate Kitty

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but not great., June 29, 2014
This review is from: Pirate Kitty (MP3 Music)
I love my cats, but this song is just cute and not much more. Not irritating, but not that deep, either.

Flooding
Flooding
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Flooding is a brilliant example of Kristin Hersh's genius, June 29, 2014
This review is from: Flooding (MP3 Music)
Listen to this track once and you may get it. Listen to it again and begin to appreciate the emotion and craft of her song writing/singing/playing. She is singularly talented and unique.

Rubidoux
Rubidoux

5.0 out of 5 stars Kristin Hersh is a goddess, June 29, 2014
This review is from: Rubidoux (MP3 Music)
Pardon me for gushing, but I love Kristin Hersh and I don't care who knows it. She rocks on the guitar, she sings with a perfectly honeyed gritty edge to her voice/inflection, she writes deep/twisted songs/lyrics and keeps on playing throughout the many changes in life.

iPhone 4s Wallet Case, MPERO FLEX FLIP Wallet Case for Apple iPhone 4 / 4S - Black
Offered by TopQualityThings
Price: $14.95
4 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet little iPhone wallet, June 29, 2014
This little mobile device wallet is perfect for me. It's not ugly (like so many rubber/plastic cases out there) and it provides decent protection. I like the strap and the slots on the inside to slip biz cards into. Have not dropped it, but I do not carry it everywhere in my back pocket, because I'm not addicted to it. It's just a device. This case covers it nicely.

Ten Years in an Open Necked Shirt
Ten Years in an Open Necked Shirt
by John Cooper Clarke
25 used & new from $4.86

5.0 out of 5 stars John Cooper Clarke in print and illustrated, June 14, 2014
John Cooper Clarke put out a series of records, Me and My Big Mouth, Snap Crackle and Bop, and Zip Style Method, in the 1980's, which are many of the poems in this book put to fabulous music (provided by The Invisible Girls, but that's a whole other story). The albums are huge fun to listen to for anyone who embraces British culture, lots of references to neighborhoods around Manchester, London, Yorkshire, etc. but it's poetry and reading poetry is an ancient art that needs to be nourished and protected, or videos will take over the world. Ten Years in an Open Necked Shirt is also wonderfully illustrated in a way that brings Ralph Steadman's support of Hunter Thompson's words (very different style, but a similar offset of images to words). Check out JCC and support your local poet.

The Great Depression
The Great Depression
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The Great Depression by Karo is gentle and poetic, March 6, 2013
This review is from: The Great Depression (MP3 Music)
The simple style of this song, the clean, slow guitar, and the easy-on-the-ears vocals make it instantly listenable and the mysterious lyrics demand subsequent listenings. I'm curious about the singer and the song and it just feels "right" to me.

Tribes
Tribes

4.0 out of 5 stars Eclectic, sounds a bit like Rush, more electronic, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Tribes (MP3 Music)

Kid For Today
Kid For Today

4.0 out of 5 stars Great swirly ambient with beats, August 28, 2011
This review is from: Kid For Today (MP3 Music)
Ok, so, it's not terribly complex, but that is sort of the point -- when you want some music on without lyrics, something that you can space-out to, but something that has some beats that keep the momentum, this just might do the trick. It's modern, but too techno. I prefer this track to the title track from the album "a beautiful place out in the country" which has a loop of a child's laugh (not mixed in enough for my taste). So, I'm plenty happy with this somewhat downbeat ambient track with a simple and slow rhythm.

Homosapien
Homosapien
Price: $0.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Dumb now, but fun then, August 28, 2011
This review is from: Homosapien (MP3 Music)
Pete Shelley made some danceable tunes, like this one, back in the 1980's and I remember dancing to this one at the clubs, so I coughed up the 99 cents and downloaded it. After a few listens and looking up P.S. on Wikipedia, I realize that Homosapien might be code for Homosexual ("I'm a shy boy, you're a coy boy, and you're homosapien, too... homo superior, in my interior, and you're homosapien, too"). I'm fine with that, many of my friends are gay, but now the song seems more like a sly, coded love note with a silly beat than just a cool dance tune about how we are all homosapiens. Ok, that's just my experience, but I thought I'd share it with you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2012 7:49 PM PST

Timex Kids' T73751 Tween Digital Clip Watch
Timex Kids' T73751 Tween Digital Clip Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, with limitations, August 28, 2011
This clip watch is well made from the design of the clip down to the face of the watch, itself. One limitation of the design is that, while on your belt loop (or wherever you may wear it) the buttons can be easily pressed, changing the function from displaying the current time to the Chrono or 24 hour (military) time or other functions. This is not the end of the world, obviously, but something to keep in mind.
I also missed a feature that my previous wristwatch had and that is the chime on the hour.
So, overall, it's a well made, handsome (in a geeky sort of way), smart alternative to a wrist watch, with a couple limitations to consider when purchasing. Still, well worth the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3