Profile for Six String Looper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Six String Looper RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Campers Knot Tying Game
Campers Knot Tying Game
Offered by 21st-Century-Goods
Price: $7.24
21 used & new from $2.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun and helpful game, July 31, 2013
This review is from: Campers Knot Tying Game (Misc.)
Great game. I usually take a knot tying guide book with me when camping to practice knots. But this game provides almost the same amount of instruction at a fraction of the weight of my paperback book plus it's a game for two.

The big downside is that the cards aren't laminated at all. They are just thick paper stock which means they probably aren't going to last too long on camping trips.

Also, the photo shows that the two dark stained wooden rods that come with this game to have metal loops on the end. Mine did not have the loops or stain but were just dowel rods, (sold by Outdoor Shopping). Not a big deal though, as I just plan on using found sticks while camping.

Scenic Tours Of Oahu
Scenic Tours Of Oahu
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars More like a home movie, April 15, 2013
My wife and I are going to Oahu soon and thought we'd take a look at what prime videos Amazon had to offer on the subject. This short video has very poor production qualities. Everything from the videography, the script, to the delivery is very amateur. I didn't come away with any great insight. It was more of a home movie shot with no budget and a low end camera. Then again, I'm used to watching Rick Steves and other great PBS travel shows.

Jumbo Deluxe Metal Bookend (9")
Jumbo Deluxe Metal Bookend (9")
Offered by Supply4Biz
Price: $8.50
23 used & new from $3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Vinyl and heavy books, March 29, 2013
I bought these too keep my very heavy vinyl from falling over. They work perfectly. The heavy gauge of the metal is strong enough to support a lot of weight. The rubber / non slip mat on the bottom keeps it in place while also protects what ever it's sitting on from marring and scratches.

50 Anti Static Round Bottom 12" LP Record Album Inner Sleeves HDPE 37.5 Micron
50 Anti Static Round Bottom 12" LP Record Album Inner Sleeves HDPE 37.5 Micron
Offered by SPECIALTY-AV
Price: $23.95
2 used & new from $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, February 12, 2013
I've been using the Discwasher VRP rice paper sleeves for years. I love those sleeves. They are the best quality sleeves I've ever seen.

Since they've been discontinued, I was forced to find a new sleeve. While the quality of these sleeves aren't as good as the VRP (slightly thicker with a paper liner), these work quite well. I really enjoy the rounded edges. No more corners bunching up in the sleeve.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to last, February 12, 2013
Boss has discontinued this tuner. I bought mine in 1993 and it still works as well as the day I bought it. Great tuner.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2013 4:46 PM PDT

Keen Men's Howser Slipper
Keen Men's Howser Slipper
Price: $67.49 - $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these slippers / shoes, January 17, 2013
These are the most comfortable, warmest, and best performing slippers I've ever owned.

These are so comfortable and warm that I've worn them to the store in 25 degree weather with ice everywhere and didn't realize until I got back home.

The rubber bottoms that wrap around the sides give great traction and my foot feels very secure in these. I've had several pairs of slippers that I routinely took off before going down the basement stairs for fear of the slippery bottoms or fear of them simply falling off.

You just might want to get a half size larger than normal. At first, it was pretty difficult to get these things on. I have a high arch and the opening was very snug. They fit fine now after a few weeks of wearing them in, but next time i might get a half size larger.

Also, if you are patient, you can find these here on Amazon at half the price ($20 - $30).

Black & Decker DR650 6.5-Amp 1/2-Inch Dual Range Hammerdrill
Black & Decker DR650 6.5-Amp 1/2-Inch Dual Range Hammerdrill

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after drilling 7 holes, January 13, 2013
I tried using this drill for some concrete work I needed to do. The job required several 1/2" wide holes to be drilled about 6" in depth. During the drilling of the 7th hole. the drill just stopped working. I thought maybe I tripped the circuit breaker, but no. The drill just died. I probably burned up the motor. I then locally bought a DeWalt DW511 1/2" (13mm) 7.8 Amp VSR Hammerdrill and finished the remaining 20 holes with no problem.

This drill is cheaply made, weighs a lot and isn't good for much of anything but very, very light duty work. Don't waste your money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2014 7:44 AM PST

Norpro 600 Jar Lifter
Norpro 600 Jar Lifter
Price: $5.88
25 used & new from $3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubber falls apart in boiling water, October 1, 2012
This review is from: Norpro 600 Jar Lifter (Kitchen)
I really liked this lifter the first time I used it and was happy with my purchase. But after my second use, I found it was too short and the rubber that grips the jars melted away in the boiling water.

I like to use both small and large jars at the same time. So that means I have to fill my pot with a lot of water to cover the top of the jars. Unfortunately, this lifter isn't very long so when trying to retrieve my small jars this wasn't long enough to keep my hand out of the water. This wouldn't be an issue if you were using all the same size jars.

But worse yet, the rubber at the grabbing end of the lifter broke apart on my second use leaving bits of it in the water. The rubber isn't enough to stand up to the boiling water and hot jars. Now I have exposed metal at the grabber end which makes this pretty useless. I don't know why they would make with with rubber and not high temperature resistant silicone.

PADI Adventure Log 2000 50 Refill Log Pages for Scuba Diving
PADI Adventure Log 2000 50 Refill Log Pages for Scuba Diving
Offered by Dolphin Scuba Center
Price: $15.05
5 used & new from $15.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I wanted but works just fine, September 7, 2012
These refill pages have all the info you need for a dive log and fit nicely into any standard three ring dive log book.

I was hoping to get the same kind of pages (also made by padi) that are currently in my book, but these aren't the same. As you can see in the picture I uploaded, the pages I currently use look slightly different (not a big deal), are slightly smaller (not a big deal), and are more water resistant (kind of a big deal).

The pages that came with my super nice and fancy Scuba Diving Log Book - Rogest Trigger Fish Design have less of a paper like quality and more of a wax like feel to them and seem to provide more water resistance. Which is nice when your all wet, laying on the sun deck between dives and trying to fill out your log book and don't have to worry about ruining already filled out pages with water. While the "PADI Adventure Log 2000 50 Refill Log Pages for Scuba Diving" aren't quite as cheap as regular paper log pages, they aren't as water resistant as I was hoping.

Avenir Dual Action Bell
Avenir Dual Action Bell
Price: $2.87 - $8.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing info needed., August 21, 2012
This review is from: Avenir Dual Action Bell (Sports)
The bracket on this bell is very small. I have an old '63 Schwinn and the handlebars are about 8.5cm in diameter. This bell was way too small to fit. Avenir's site doesn't even have the specs on this bell. I measure the mounting ring to be only 7cm. It might fit a 7.5cm diameter handlebar. Other than that, it seems like a nice bell that I would have enjoyed. Nice and loud. when I shake it very hard, the hammer doesn't strike the bell. So I don't think it would be consonantly making noise on a bumpy road.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4