Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for The Good Life > Reviews

Browse

The Good Life's Profile

Customer Reviews: 330

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Good Life RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fenugreen FreshPaper Produce Saver Sheets
Fenugreen FreshPaper Produce Saver Sheets
Price: $9.99
15 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars works best in the fridge/enclosed spaces, May 6, 2016
I am happily surprised at how well these sheets work. I find they work better in an enclosed space, like a refrigerator drawer, than in an open fruit basket. I cut them in half and place a half in each of the two bins in our wire fruit basket. I don't think they work as well on the bananas as they do on apples, because those still go bad if they're not eaten quickly enough. But I have some Macintosh apples that I bought nearly two weeks ago...they were soft on the outside and my son wanted to throw one out. I told him to try it. It was perfectly edible and tasty, despite being a little soft.

In my fridge, veggies often get forgotten and go bad. The drawer that I currently have a full sheet in has lettuce, a cucumber and tomatoes I bought two weeks ago and totally forgot about. Only a few tips of the romaine hearts needed to be tossed. The shredded lettuce I buy for tacos lasted for two weeks when it normally turns brown after 2-3 days once opened.

I just put the last sheet into a drawer (I change them monthly) and am ordering more. I've easily saved more money than these cost, by using these instead of tossing out inedible produce. I need to give them to my uncle, who is disabled and tends to leave bananas in his fridge so long that they become petrified! Highly recommend.

The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Power of Meow
The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Power of Meow
by David Michie
Price: $9.99
56 used & new from $5.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reminder to be mindful and present., May 1, 2016
I am a huge fan of David Michie. His writing is engaging and fun, and he introduces readers to Buddhist philosophies in an easy-to-understand way that draws you in. This latest book, about the power of mindfulness and meditation, came out at just the right time for me, as I was trying to simplify my life and be more mindful. Or really, less mindful! It's too easy for our minds to focus on everything in front of us, so we're mindful of everything while being truly mindful of nothing. We are easily distracted by social media, a 24-hour news cycle, and all sorts of ways we defeat ourselves and keep from being in the moment. "The Power of Meow" is an excellent reminder to let go of all these unnecessary distractions, breathe, and be in the moment. To not judge ourselves so harshly for our imperfections. To learn how to just be.

I've read it twice now on my Kindle, but I also bought the paperback to go with the earlier books in the series. I highly recommend the entire series!

TravelWise Packing Cube System - Durable 5 Piece Weekender Plus Set [2014 Version] (Teal)
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $49.95
3 used & new from $23.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Medium cube tore on third use. Not very durable., May 1, 2016
My husband bought me the 3-piece set here, but it's not currently in stock, so I am reviewing the same product from the 5-piece set. I have several packing cubes, inculding eBags cubes. I travel several times a year and mostly use my medium-sized cubes, since they fit perfectly in my carry-on. I used my TravelWise cube maybe three times before it tore, luckily while I was packing before my trip. I can overstuff my eBags cubs and flatten them out, and they can handle it. When I packed the TravelWise cube and was trying to zip it, the mesh tore.

I also own Dot&Dot bags and they've never torn either (and I stick my hair dryer and hairbrushes in a slim cube, and they haven't poked through anything). Stick with eBags, which are more expensive but are really sturdy, or buy Dot&Dot. I wouldn't buy the TravelWise brand again.

Inateck Universal Waterproof Case for iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S, Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 4 and More Phones Up to 5.7", IPX8 Cellphone Waterproof Life Credit Card Pouch - Black
Offered by Inateck Online
Price: $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not allow me to take pics underwater, April 11, 2016
I bought the Inateck phone case for taking pictures underwater on vacation. I have used other phone cases with no issues, but the Inateck one would fill up with air once submerged and I could NOT take photos. On a shark dive, I got 5 pics total. On a turtle dive, NONE. I brought the phone above water and easily took a pic. I tested it between dives, at the surface, etc., and it consistently would not take pics underwater. It always had air pockets that couldn't be smoothed out. Luckily my husband had his GoPro for both dives, so we got great video and can clip stills.

Total junk!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2016 10:31 PM PDT

Novartis Mineral Ice Pain Relieving Gel, Original Therapeutic, 2 Count
Novartis Mineral Ice Pain Relieving Gel, Original Therapeutic, 2 Count
Offered by New Road Health Supply
Price: $20.14
7 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars my go-to topical pain reliever, February 21, 2016
Mineral Ice is my go-to topical pain reliever. I have fibromyalgia, and my muscles and joints ache all over, much of the time. I keep a jar of this on both floors of our house, a travel-sized jar in my purse, and another jar in my toiletry case. I don't travel without it, especially since my hips and back ache from traveling. Mineral Ice has gotten me through long flights, sitting in uncomfortable seats at sporting events, etc. I've even used it on my chest and face when I've had colds, to reduce the coughing and to open my sinuses. It's a little strong for that and can irritate delicate facial skin, but it helps a lot.

What I like best is that I'm using something that helps my pain without taking meds that make me groggy, unable to drive, etc. I often choose it instead of my pain meds. Don't use a heating pad anytime soon after applying it so you don't burn your skin. And definitely don't use it shortly before getting in a shower or hot tub! THAT is painful!

Nutricology Magnesium Citrate Capsules, 180 Count
Nutricology Magnesium Citrate Capsules, 180 Count
Offered by SportingDoc
Price: $16.39
9 used & new from $13.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast-absorbing magnesium, February 21, 2016
I've been buying the Nutricology mag citrate capsules for years at a local vitamin shop but hadn't gotten around to getting them recently. I ordered them from Amazon for a LOT less. If you need to take magnesium, magnesium citrate is the best form to take. It has the highest, fastest absorption rate (mag oxide is poorly absorbed). A capsule is better absorbed than a tablet as well, since it doesn't have to be broken down first.

Both my husband and I get muscle cramps, and taking two of these each day helps keep them at bay. If we still get one, from traveling or too much physical activity, we immediately take one and it stops the cramp in minutes. My uncle gets cramps in his legs and has started taking these as well. If you take too many, they have a laxative effect, so I don't do more than two a day since I also take a women's multi.

GREAT product, great price on Amazon.

Andrew Shaw "1st Goal 1st Fight 1/5/12" Autographed Signed Chicago Blackhawks Puck
Offered by amsports
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift for Blackhawks fans, February 21, 2016
My husband is a huge Blackhawks fan. He doesn't have a favorite player, but he is always amused by Andrew Shaw's scrapper tendencies. I was looking for an autographed puck for him and found this. It's hilarious and he loved it. Great gift for a Blackhawks fan!

short usb cable, OKRAY 10 Pack Colorful Micro USB 2.0 Charging Data Sync Cable Cord for Samsung, Android Phone and Tablet, Nexus, HTC, Nokia, LG, Sony, Many Digital Cameras-0.66ft (7.87 Inch)
Offered by OKRAYDirect
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing value for short cables that work better than our OEM cables, February 21, 2016
I got tired of the charging station in our office being a mess of cables, so I came to Amazon to find some short cords. This 10-pack not only is an amazing value, the cords charge our phones and tablet FASTER than the OEM cords. By FAR. We use them on the desk, in the car, with our travel/portable chargers, when charging our phones through our laptops, etc. I keep one in my purse as well and we've given them to the kids too. They work on our Samsung and LG phones and Kindle tablets equally well. Love 'em!

Baggallini Hanging Cosmetic Travel Bag, Periwinkle, One Size
Baggallini Hanging Cosmetic Travel Bag, Periwinkle, One Size
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, attractive, practical and all-around fabulous toiletry bag!!, January 22, 2016
I travel a LOT and often take trips lasting 7- 10 days. My Land's End toiletry bag was so bulky, it took up nearly 1/3 of my carry-on, so I researched options for lie-flat bags and found this Baggallini bag. Not only is the blue color a very pretty blue, it's surprisingly sturdy and roomy.

When checking my bag, I take a full-sized pair of scissors with me, along with the small cuticle scissors I always carry. I was afraid the large scissors would poke through the plastic, but they haven't, on either side. I used this on five trips last year (two long-haul flights to Europe, a short-haul flight in the U.S., and two weekend road trips), and it's held up perfectly. Completely full lotion, shampoo and conditioner travel tubes have stayed closed, with no punctures, even thought there's no real padding in this bag. I was sure there'd be a mess at least once from it getting squished in my bag, but nope! I've put it in checked bags, my carry-on, and an under-the-seat bag that was stuffed full. Whether I put it in there flat or folded up, everything is intact when I arrive at my destination. I hang it up in the bathroom where I'm staying and dig into the various pockets several times a day during my stay. After a combined 31 days of travel last year, it still looks brand new. I've only once gotten anything on it and it wiped clean easily.

Along with the durability, I love the clever features of this bag:

1) Two small pockets for the little things with three large pockets.
2) The pockets are clear, so it's easy to quickly find what you're looking for (even if you're a pack rat!)
3) Somehow, even with flat pockets, it holds bulky items without becoming too bulky itself. The blue backing fabric has just enough stretch.
4) The bottom compartment snaps on or off so that you can show liquids to the TSA without having to display all your personal items. This compartment is the largest and easily fits three 3-oz bottles and two 2-ounce ones. It also holds hairbrushes.
5) It has straps so you can fold and tie it when placing it in your luggage.
6) The hanging hook turns sideways so it's out of the way when you pack it.
7) Because it lies flat, you can pack it full and then just lay it on top of your clothes in your suitcase...it ends up taking up very little room. I've never been able to do that with any other toiletry bag.

For the money, you won't find a better toiletry bag. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Chicago Blackhawks Full Color Chrome Frame
Chicago Blackhawks Full Color Chrome Frame
Offered by Auto License Plates and Frames
Price: $22.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Colors have faded badly., January 22, 2016
I bought this Blackhawks license plate frame set a year ago, and it's really faded quite badly. It's got perhaps half the color it did when new. I would not recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20