Profile for The Good Life > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 301

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Good Life RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller, Black
BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller, Black
Price: $499.95
11 used & new from $489.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great stroller for everyday use or fitness excursions, August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is really hard to find a good stroller that is appealing both to mom and little ones, especially twins! It takes a LOT of research, visiting stores, reading reviews, etc. This was definitely the right choice! The BOB Revolution Flex stroller has a very smooth ride and is not difficult at all to maneuver when turning or going up hills. It feels as effortless as it could be considering you're pushing two kids! The shock absorption is nice and prevents bumps and dips in the road from disturbing naps (which comes easily in this comfy stroller).

The mini sunroofs on each side are really neat, and it makes it easy to check on the kids. The brakes work very well and it's not hard to start or stop moving the stroller. The space at the bottom of the stroller is very helpful as a lot of strollers just don't have enough space.

If you're looking for a great, comfortable and easy to use stroller for casual walks or jogs around the neighborhood, this is it! I'd get it again in a heartbeat (or two!).

Kobi Electric K2L9 12-Watt (65-Watt) R30 LED 2700K Warm White Indoor Flood Light Bulb, Dimmable
Price: $14.20
4 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, bright and pleasant light, August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Kobi Electric LED lightbulb produces a nice, warm light that really illuminates the room without making it feel too bright. We have recessed lights in our kitchen and I've never been happy with the distribution of light, regardless of the bulbs we've bought. My husband keeps buying what I call "sunrise bulbs" because they gradually get brighter, as if the sun is coming up. I can't adequately express without swearing how much I detest those bulbs, so I grabbed one of these to test it out. It's brighter than the 15-watt (60-watt equivalent) bulb I replaced with this. Or at least, it feels like it. I immediately came on here to order two more! No more dark spots in my kitchen. I highly recommend them!

Note: I do not have a dimmer switch in my kitchen so I can't attest to that feature.

Slim-Fast Gimme Some Greek Yogurt and Honey, Honey Snack Bars, .98 oz, 6 Count
Slim-Fast Gimme Some Greek Yogurt and Honey, Honey Snack Bars, .98 oz, 6 Count
Price: $6.19
5 used & new from $6.19

3.0 out of 5 stars weird combo, just ok, August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These Slim Fast Yogurt & Honey bars are rather small - about the size of a typical candy bar - and that's about what I expected from a snack bar. They are also rather sweet, but the yogurt & honey combination will only appeal to a limited crowd. The first time I tried one of these bars, I wanted to like it because I really like yogurt and honey by themselves, but they just don't naturally go together. I ate the rest of the package over a couple of weeks, but I never acquired a taste for these bars, so I won't be buying them again.

Bottom line: if you really like yogurt and honey, you may want to give these a try, but don't get your hopes too high that you will like these as much as their main ingredients by themselves.

Turtle Beach Ear Force Z60 Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset (TBS-6020-01)
Turtle Beach Ear Force Z60 Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset (TBS-6020-01)
Price: $119.95

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT worth $120! Get the Razor Kraken instead., August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 17-year-old says he wouldn't pay $120 for this Turtle Beach headset...he thinks they're worth about $40 because the quality isn't good enough for $120 (he bought SOL Republic headphones with FAR better sound quality for about the same price). You're paying for the Turtle Beach brand name, but not quality.

If you don't use the USB extension, the microphone cuts out within about 2 minutes. When you're listening to music, there is noticeable static in the background. They feel as cheap as they sound, and they aren't very comfortable.

He would instead recommend the Razor Kraken headset. It has a retractable mic and the sound quality is amazing. They're considerably cheaper, which is a surprise for a top-of-the-line gaming brand. Don't waste your money on these.

Petstages Soothing Cat Easy Life Hammock and Scratcher
Petstages Soothing Cat Easy Life Hammock and Scratcher
Offered by Petco
Price: $19.99
45 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars an instant hit, but a bit small, August 11, 2014
My cat is notoriously fussy about everything, but this was only $12, so I took a gamble and bought it. We put her on it and she IMMEDIATELY took to it, flopping all around and rubbing her face all over it (I wondered if it was already infused with catnip!). There's a little bag of catnip taped to the cardboard, and when she saw me open it, she got very excited (she isn't usually into 'nip). After I sprinkled some on the lounging area, and stuck the bag back on the lower piece of cardboard, she flipped herself off it and attacked the bag. I opened it up around 5 pm and it's now almost 11 pm...she's napping away in front of my desk as I type this. Earlier she climbed up and began scratching. Seriously, this is awesome. I've wasted money on crinkly tunnels, ball tube toys, a water fountain, you name it.

The only problem is that it's on the small side. She weighs only 10 pounds but she's hanging off it. If it were a few inches wider and a few inches longer, it would be perfect. She doesn't seem to mind, though. We're thinking of buying a second one and taping them together, side by side, to give her more lounging space. If you have a big kitty, get two.

JW Pet Company GripSoft Cat Slicker Brush
JW Pet Company GripSoft Cat Slicker Brush
Price: $3.99
23 used & new from $3.63

5.0 out of 5 stars our kitty's favorite brush, August 8, 2014
I had bought one of these locally after we got a new kitty, and I recently bought another one on Amazon because it's so much better than her other brush, which has bent, sharp bristles that she doesn't seem to like. This one is more gentle but collects a ton of fur. So now I have one for upstairs and one for downstairs. She loves it so much, she brushes her own face with it and even bites or licks the bristles! I've worried that she'll puncture her gums and stop her from biting it, but so far, no trouble. She gets excited when she sees me pick it up and she immediately offers me her chin and cheeks! I may have to buy a third one to keep on our screened porch, where she does most of her napping.

Jar Opener - Jar Pop in Assorted Colors Sold Individually
Jar Opener - Jar Pop in Assorted Colors Sold Individually
Offered by HomeGoods Plus
Price: $6.15
26 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm!, August 8, 2014
This jar opener worked like a charm! I have hypermobile wrists that are easily injured, and it can often be difficult for me to open jars. If I try too hard, it wrenches me wrist and then I can't even write. Yesterday I could not get a new jar of pickles open, despite whacking it with the handle of a knife several times to loosen the seal. I then remembered I'd bought this and grabbed it. With one pop, it instantly opened the jar without damaging the lid. EVERY kitchen should have at least one of these. This would be a great stocking stuffer or just anytime gift for someone with tendinitis, arthritis, hypermobile joints, etc. I'm not going to even bother trying to open jars the regular way anymore. Not worth risking an unhappy wrist. Get one, trust me!!

Ace Elbow Strap with Adjustable Custom Dial System
Ace Elbow Strap with Adjustable Custom Dial System
Price: $26.45
7 used & new from $24.45

4.0 out of 5 stars good for tendinitis but not helpful for bursitis, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Ace elbow brace is easy to put on and adjust. Dialing in the amount of pressure you want can save time over adjusting velcro straps and is certainly more precise, so if you need that flexibility, this product would likely suit your needs, especially if you often get tendinitis in your elbow. My husband's pain turned out to be from bursitis, not tendinitis as we suspected, so this didn't help his pain at all. Before buying this make sure you're treating the right problem! Our chiropractor determined what the problem was, so don't diagnose yourself (the conditions can cause similar symptoms). He continued playing tennis with this brace on and further aggravated his bursitis. He felt it would have helped had it been tendinitis.

And if it hurts or is uncomfortable when you put it on, you may be putting it in the wrong place! He did that the first time and then it was comfortable after he put it in the right place. Our chiropractor showed him the right way, so again, if you're new to dealing with what appears to be tennis elbow or using braces, it would be a good idea to work with your doc, chiro or PT to make sure this is what you need and to ensure you're using it correctly.

Soft Air PT99 Taurus Co2 Full Auto Metal Blowback Pistol
Soft Air PT99 Taurus Co2 Full Auto Metal Blowback Pistol
Offered by Sports by Sager Inc.
Price: $97.99
9 used & new from $94.78

5.0 out of 5 stars worth buying again after it was stolen!, July 26, 2014
I bought one of these PT99 Taurus airsoft guns for my son for his 16th birthday, and he liked it so much that when it was stolen (he brought it into school for a prop for a school play, and he never got it back), he immediately ordered another one when the school reimbursed us. Most of the other guns he's tried or bought, he wouldn't replace with the same one. So that ought to tell you something. It is heavy and substantial (I've fired it too), and pretty accurate. It's also sturdy and you can count on it to last. Most of his other guns had a part or two that broke fairly quickly. This one didn't. Definitely worth the investment if someone's willing to buy it twice!

General Mills Cereals Chex Gluten Free Oatmeal Variety Pack, 8.84 Ounce
General Mills Cereals Chex Gluten Free Oatmeal Variety Pack, 8.84 Ounce
Offered by just ducky
Price: $13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars tasty, affordable gluten-free oatmeal, July 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Being gluten-free is an expensive undertaking, so I am always glad to see mainstream brands offering gluten-free options. Most of the Chex cereals are natually gluten-free, so it makes sense they'd have gluten-free oatmeal. Thanks to Vine, I not only discovered this, I was able to try them out!

This variety pack contains two each of maple brown sugar, apple cinnamon, and original (i.e. plain). As expected, the original was pretty tasteless. Most folks are going to flavor it with something in their kitchen; my husband likes to put chocolate protein powder into plain oatmeal. He quite enjoyed the Chex original flavor that way, but it was definitely tasteless without it.

The apple cinnamon is somewhat bland and definitely could use more cinnamon, although it has a nice apple flavor and has lots of apple chunks. The maple brown sugar is sweeter than I expected, and I liked it more than my husband did. He uses brown sugar in his coffee every day and didn't think it had a distinct brown sugar taste. It would also be nice if it had some raisins in it, but if you really gotta have 'em, you can certainly add your own. I've already bought a box of just the maple brown sugar at a local grocery store ($3.99 for 6 packets vs. $5+ for 6 packets of GlutenFreeda's GF oatmeal). We'll be taking it with us on vacation so I can easily remain gluten-free, even when we're at a hotel that offers continental breakfasts (they always have hot water for tea, so I'll be able to make my own GF oatmeal!).

Overall, I'd definitely recommend the Chex gluten-free oatmeal, but if you don't plan to flavor the plain oatmeal with fruit or protein powder, I'd suggest buying the 6-packs that have only maple brown sugar or apple cinnamon. With a piece of fruit or yogurt, it makes a tasty and healthful breakfast or even late-night snack, and the price is easy to digest as well!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20