Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM
Profile for R. Wilson > Reviews

Browse

R. Wilson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Wilson "traveller" RSS Feed (Pittsburgh, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Calvin Klein Jeans Women's Double Pocket V-Neck Tunic, Grey Heather, Large
Calvin Klein Jeans Women's Double Pocket V-Neck Tunic, Grey Heather, Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok top, May 10, 2014
I wanted to love this tunic but it just seemed like it was made of average to below average quality fit & fabric.

NY Collection Women's Elbow Sleeve Pullover Dress, Berry Apache, Large
NY Collection Women's Elbow Sleeve Pullover Dress, Berry Apache, Large

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm old but not that old, May 10, 2014
The fabric & colors on this dress are very pretty but the whole package just doesn't work; looks more like a maternity dress than something an actual person would want to wear.

Adhesive 7.5" Non-Slip Safety Shower Treads - White
Adhesive 7.5" Non-Slip Safety Shower Treads - White
Offered by Venturi
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, May 10, 2014
Not much to say about these except that they got the job done. Would recommend to anyone who needs to add a non-slip surface to their shower.

Harve Benard Black & White Hounds Tooth Wool Coat Size 10
Harve Benard Black & White Hounds Tooth Wool Coat Size 10

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks WAY better on than in the photo!!, October 31, 2013
If it weren't for owning other Harve Benard clothing I wouldn't have looked twice at this coat because I don't think they could have published a more unflattering picture of it. In real life it's quite cute, good pockets, double vents in the back, and a collar you can turn up to wrap a scarf around. I wear a lot of black so the black & white houndstooth is great for me; the red trim adds a little pizzazz.

One thing is that if you are expecting a really warm coat, this is not for you. It's more of a fall coat and the size 10 on my 145 lb. body will not allow for a lot of layering underneath.

RVCA Juniors Rebel Cause Jacket, Vintage Blue, Large
RVCA Juniors Rebel Cause Jacket, Vintage Blue, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect jean jacket, October 31, 2013
I love this jacket because at my age (60) I'm not wearing tight little cropped jackets that offer little warmth or coverage. This one has a great lining in a vintage print cotton so it looks really good with the cuffs rolled up a bit, as the model is wearing it. The pockets are a nice size and in the right place; lots of jean jackets don't even have pockets. For reference, I'm 5'6', 145 on a good day, and the size 10 fits loosely enough to layer and hits me at the low hip.

Barely There Second Skinnies Smoothers Boxer - 4J83 Nude Large
Barely There Second Skinnies Smoothers Boxer - 4J83 Nude Large

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had hoped., October 16, 2013
I have gained a bit of weight in the past year & have been shopping for panties with a bit of a leg, like boy or boxer shorts, as I think they are more comfortable under skirts & dresses.

This item was a bit expensive and I doubt I'll get much wear out of it as the legs ride up and are very uncomfortable. I can't walk around at work all day pulling the legs of my underpants down.

Next Level Apparel Women's Tri-Blend Dolman Top, Vintage Purple, Large
Next Level Apparel Women's Tri-Blend Dolman Top, Vintage Purple, Large
Offered by StandardWorkwear
Price: $7.87
29 used & new from $6.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Great T-shirt, October 16, 2013
This is an attractive, flowy t-shirt that covers all my bulges as I had hoped. For reference, I'm about 5'5" and weigh 145 on a good day. The shirt fits me pretty much like it looks on the model, except on a larger scale, lol. It looks just as good with jeans as it does with black pants & a nice scarf for work. Another nice feature is that it doesn't cling.

The reasons I didn't give it 5 stars are that I thought it was a little expensive for a t-shirt, and although I haven't washed it yet, it seems like it might have a tendency to pill. I got a similar shirt from Amazon about 6 months ago and after repeated washings it is all pilled up.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2014 5:58 AM PST

Dr. Scholl's Women's Joliet Ballet Flat,Black Stripe,9 M US
Dr. Scholl's Women's Joliet Ballet Flat,Black Stripe,9 M US
Price: $32.94
5 used & new from $32.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Great flats for "normal" feet!, October 16, 2013
I have a lot of foot problems I blame on running all over town in high heels when I was in my thirties. Now that I'm 60 even the lowest heel practically cripples me, so I'm always on the lookout for comfortable flats that look a bit dressy for work or other events calling for something besides sneakers.
When I pulled these out of the box & tried them on my first thought was, wow, they fit like a pair of comfortable slippers! But the first day I wore them to work & did a bit of walking in them I discovered that the band of trim that runs around the inside edge of the shoe began to cut into my right foot across the top, right below my toes. The shoes were also too tight to wear with dress socks, felt better on bare feet, but may be okay with sheer hose. Since they're fabric I don't expect much stretching.
There also wasn't quite as much padding in the sole as I need although they are pretty well padded.
To sum up: a cute shoe, & if you don't have foot problems you will probably love them!

Long Indian Tunic Top Tunic Printed Womens Blouse Cotton India Clothes (Pink, L)
Offered by Maple Clothing Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty top, July 16, 2013
I was looking for some lightweight, loose-fitting summer tops that would fall below my hips and this one was a daily deal. I ordered it in a large because I didn't want it to be constricting. For reference, I'm 5'5'' and weigh 140 lbs. (sigh). I haven't washed it yet so it may shrink, but out of the box it's very large and a medium would probably have fit fine. It's a great length, almost halfway down my thighs, so I could even wear it with tights or skinny jeans. It's cut in a fairly pronounced a-line shape so almost looks a little like a maternity top and could be used as one.

The colors are vibrant and really beautiful. It's hard to tell from the photo but the dark edging around the neck & sleeves is black, not navy as I had feared. I have a lot of black pants so I was happy about that. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because the material is a bit stiff & scratchy, almost feels more like starched linen than cotton. I'll have to see what happens when I wash it; it may soften up but as I said, I hope it doesn't shrink too much & I hope the colors don't run.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2015 12:47 PM PDT

Wide Leg, Side Split Palazzo Pants - Black (Regular)
Wide Leg, Side Split Palazzo Pants - Black (Regular)
Offered by likemary london

1.0 out of 5 stars Not at all like the picture, June 18, 2013
I was very disappointed in these pants. First of all, for reference, I'm 5'5'' and weigh 140 lbs. The pants were way too tight in the waist & rear and were also very short, above my ankle. Also, instead of simply being slit up the seam, they were cut very oddly, sort of angled out below the knee in a large rectangle or flag shape, and split up the seam of that part. The material was very stiff so they don't drape at all, the way they do in the photo.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3