Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Labor Day Savings with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for T. Tozawa > Reviews

Browse

T. Tozawa's Profile

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Tozawa RSS Feed (San Francisco)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
WindTech PopGard Microphone Windscreen
WindTech PopGard Microphone Windscreen
Offered by Kellards
Price: $29.95
4 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits and works great on AT2020 and Blue Yeti, May 23, 2015
I originally had a foam windscreen specific for my Blue Yeti which worked great at cutting out plosives. Unfortunately the Yeti stopped working so I picked up the Audio Technica AT2020 in the meantime. I ended up cutting the Yeti windscreen to somewhat work on the new mic. The Yeti was eventually fixed under warranty so instead of buying new foam windscreens for both I decided to pick this up.

The quality is a decent hard ABS plastic (wish it were metal) and the screen itself seems like a quality material which eliminates plosives just as good if not better than the average foam windscreens. Under normal testing, it worked extremely well for my gaming use.

On the AT2020, this windscreen fits well, although slightly loose. However, the base helps keep it in position and since the windscreen is not something you're always touching, it works perfectly fine. On the Yeti, you can stretch the mounting cords and get it to fit tightly. Having a universal windscreen that I can easily slip onto multiple mics without dealing with a clamp style windscreen is great.

Despite the slightly higher price I would recommend this over the other windscreens you see, whether mic specific or universal clamp-on. It works amazingly well and the use of ease of use (not worrying about another mounting point) and the ability to use it on other mics if you ever happen to upgrade is a great plus.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Audio-Technica AT2020USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
Audio-Technica AT2020USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
Offered by World Class Inc.
Price: $159.99
11 used & new from $149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars AT2020USB vs Blue Yeti, May 21, 2015
TLDR; Both mics provide excellent audio quality at an affordable price.

If you're looking into purchasing an entry level microphone for your gaming/commentary needs, the AT2020 and Blue Yeti are probably the most recommended microphones. If you're like me, you're probably undecided on which one to purchase. I originally purchased a Blue Yeti (you can check my review on it by clicking my name) and it worked great, but it eventually failed within 6 months (eventually got it fixed through warranty). At the time, I didn't want much downtime so I ended up purchasing this Audio Technica mic to keep me company in the meantime.

After using both for gaming/Skype, I can say that both microphones generally provide excellent audio quality with high sensitivity. The AT2020 is physically a whole lot smaller than the Yeti. It's unobtrusive size is easy to handle and will probably be easier to use on a scissor mount arm if you decide to go that route; the Yeti is huge in comparison. However, a big plus of the Yeti is that it has on-board controls for gain sensitivity, a mute button, and headphone input so that you can use the mic as a speaker by plugging in your headphones and getting zero latency feedback. If you want these features in the AT2020, you'll need to get the PLUS version. Also, the Yeti has a few different recording modes to suit different recording styles such as regular commentary, interviews, etc.

Both mics are plug-n-play through USB (please note that there are several versions of the AT2020, so make sure you get the USB version if that's what you want) and both had no problems connecting to my PC and Playstation 4. Build quality on both mics are good, with a good weight to them. They definitely don't feel cheap in any way. Note that the AT2020 has a blue LED within the mic that shines through the grill, which may or may not bother some people. On the Yeti, the mute button will flash red when muted and display a solid red when active.

In summary, both mics provide excellent audio quality and you can't go wrong with either one in my opinion. The only small difference I noticed was that the Yeti does tend to sound a bit brighter/crisp while the AT2020 sounds a bit more warm. Both mics are highly sensitive so some type of scissor/shock mount is necessary to keep keyboard/mouse vibrations to a minimum if you're PC gaming. As for keyboard and mouse clicks, you can hear my Cherry MX Brown switches. You probably won't be able to completely remove all the clicking sounds from a mechanical keyboard, but to help minimize it, you'll definitely want to play around with the position of the mic, the sensitivity gain, and invest in a windscreen of some sort. In either case, both are great entry-level mics for your gaming/commentary needs and you can't go wrong with either one. I'd say just go for whichever you can find cheaper or whichever one looks better to you.

Watch Box 6 Mens Black Leather Display Glass Top Jewelry Case Organizer
Watch Box 6 Mens Black Leather Display Glass Top Jewelry Case Organizer
Offered by Yogo Market
Price: $11.88
43 used & new from $11.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough for the price, May 14, 2015
For the price, it's an average watch box.Construction seems sturdy enough and should be okay for your relatively cheap $150-$200 watches which are what I have. The interior piece which hold the watches do seem a bit on the cheap size and seem a bit small, making for a loose fit when you mount your watch. As long as you're not expecting super high quality (which you shouldn't at this price), you should be happy.

NOTE: There are several sellers of this item. I purchased mine from "cherry521" and what I received was not a dark grey interior lining as seen in all the photos. The one I received was a light tan, which I'm not too happy about. The seller did refund me some of the money back however. Just a heads up for any potential buyers.

CaiKote 44 Kit, includes swabs and brushes silver-based 1.0 - K-CK44-G
CaiKote 44 Kit, includes swabs and brushes silver-based 1.0 - K-CK44-G
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $12.95
7 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Repair your unresponsive Logitech remote, May 7, 2015
I have an old Logitech Harmony 520 remote which I acquired about 5 years ago. Lately, the button to change "Device" had become unresponsive and in order for it to work I would have to press down extremely hard at different angles multiple times in order for it to register. I tried cleaning the contacts but that didn't help at all and was pretty much intent on picking up another Logitech remote. It seemed a bit of a waste though and I came upon a website which mentioned using CaiKote 44.

Using the included swab, I applied a few dabs on each of the contacts on the button membrane and spread it out - not too thick and not too thin. I placed the button membrane near my gaming PC to use the heat from it to help it dry and left it for about 24 hours. After reassembling the remote, the button in question now works as new.

It's been a few months now and it's been working flawlessly. CaiKote 44 has saved me around $100 since I didn't have to purchase another Logitech remote which has the features I need. For $12, it's definitely worth a try if you've given up on your remote and are about to toss it or buy a new one.

Panlong 1X2 HDMI Splitter 1 In 2 Out Powered Amplifier Certified for Full HD 1080P & 3D HDCP Support PS3 Xbox DVD Blu-ray
Price: $20.75
9 used & new from $16.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Splits HDMI from A/V receiver to HDTV and Monitor, May 7, 2015
For reference, my current computer/game desk setup includes two monitors in front of me and a wall-mounted 60" HDTV right above them. Normally I would play my PS4/Wii U on the big screen but sometimes I get accustomed to gaming up close on the 27" monitor right in front of me when I play PC games. So I decided to try out this splitter so that I can choose whichever screen I feel like playing on at that time.

My current setup with this splitter is as follows - both of my consoles are connected to the input of my Denon A/V receiver. The output is then connected to this HDMI splitter with one output connected to my HDTV and the other output connected to my monitor. Initial detection takes a few seconds but after that, the connection is nice and stable. Image quality is great with no noticeable reduction in quality and input lag is unnoticeable when playing games.

The splitter itself gets a bit warm but nothing concerning. Time will only tell how reliable it'll be in the long run and I'll update the review if anything changes.

Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver
Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver
Price: $129.00
115 used & new from $101.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality mic, BUT malfunctioned in 6 months (Fixed under warranty), May 2, 2015
The Yeti mic is a common recommendation for amateur users as it's touted as having great quality and features at an affordable price (compared to true professional mics.) I recently started to play more multiplayer games with friends on PC and PS4 so I decided to give it a try since all I had was a cheap eBay mic. After using it for roughly 6 months I can say that the audio quality of the Yeti is excellent. It has a lot of features (which I admittedly don't use) and for basic communication in-game and Skype it works great with my voice coming through nice and clear. Sensitivity is pretty high as it has a tendency to pick up the ambient noise of my mechanical keyboard and mouse clicks. However you can compensate a bit by adjusting the gain, buying a windscreen, and/or having a scissor-style mount. If you have a mechanical keyboard though, it'll be pretty difficult to get rid of the clicks completely (I'm using Cherry MX brown switches). Both PC and PS4 is plug and play with no initial issues setting it up. (Note that for PC, you may need to adjust the speaker setting on your computer since the Yeti has the feature of acting as a speaker once you plug it in).

Overall, the Yeti feels pretty solid and the build seems fairly decent. It has several useful features such as different audio settings, on-board volume/gain control, and the ability to plug in your headphones for zero latency feedback. Audio quality, as mentioned, is great and picks up your voice nice and clear.

BUT, after only 6 months it suddenly stopped working. My PC recognizes the mic but no audio is picked up. I re-installed drivers, tried different USB ports and cables, tried the mic on my PS4, and tried on my laptop to no avail. The Yeti had clearly malfunctioned. For a $100+ mic I expected it to last longer than half a year and unfortunately now makes for a huge paperweight. I do realize that with electronics there's always that chance for a malfunction, but not lasting a year leaves a bad impression. I contemplated picking up another Yeti because I really do like the audio quality, but instead decided to get the Audio Technica AT2020USB.

It's hard for me to give a good rating despite it's great audio quality when it worked. Paying for a $100+ product, it really should last more than 6 months. In the end, the audio quality means nothing if it stops working due to build quality issues. I'd probably still give the mic a light recommendation, but keep in mind that the QA may not be there.

EDIT: I contacted Blue Microphones and after a few back and forth e-mails I was given an RMA to send my mic in. Turn around was extremely quick and I received a working mic two days after they received it. All in all, customer service was excellent. I bumped up my rating to 3 but it should really be about a 3.5. The mic really is great, but not lasting more than half a year left a bad impression.

NEEWER Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
NEEWER Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
Offered by Cessna Sales
Price: $12.99
6 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for Blue Yeti!, April 23, 2015
This review is geared for Blue Yeti mic users. The consensus by other Yeti users seemed to be a mix of those saying it works and others saying the mic is too heavy. For $15 I took a chance and as you can see from my included photos it definitely holds the mic.

The mic stand is of average lightweight quality but the joints feel nice and sturdy and no tightening was needed at the main joints. Movement is solid and smooth and once you lock down the moving joints it's quite sturdy. As you can see from my included photos it easily holds the mic at a 45 degree angle, vertical, and inverted with no noticeable sag (although it does have a slight play at the mic attachment point which doesn't really cause much issue.)

The stand doesn't have full swivel movement but it definitely has enough back and forth movement to adjust it to your liking. Take note that the stand itself is of a smaller size with the length of the arm from one joint to another at about 14.5". Also the base where it clamps down opens to roughly 1.75" so make sure that your desk isn't overly thick. The stand does comes with an adapter so that you can mount the Yeti with no problems.

Overall, for the price it's a great stand. Since it pretty easily holds the heavy Yeti, it should be even better for smaller, lighter mics (NOTE: I recently purchased the AT2020USB as well and it works well with this mic as well.) The main reason I purchased this was to get rid of the slight knocking noise the Yeti would pick up from my keyboard/mouse use and this stand has essentially eliminated this, even with the stand clamped on the same desk. Great stand, great price, would definitely recommend. As long as you don't buy it with high expectations of a professional quality stand you should be happy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2015 5:21 PM PDT

Foam Windscreen for Blue Yeti, MXL, Audio Technica, and Other Large Microphones - Black
Offered by The Prime Directive
Price: $21.95
2 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Blue Yeti and works great, February 25, 2015
This windscreen is a great product that helps cut out breathing and softens plosives as well. I use the Blue Yeti about 2-3 inches away from my mouth and the voice quality sounds great.

As for fitment, it's a tight fit so make sure to slowly and carefully expand the opening with your hand first. Once you place it on top, hold it in position at the bottom of one side of the windscreen while carefully pulling down on the other side. Rotate and repeat and it will eventually fit over the mic fully.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great switching between PC (Win 7) and PS4, April 18, 2014
I purchased this solely to use my keyboard and mouse with my PC (Windows 7 64-bit) and PS4 and it works great on both ends for my use. Everything is plug and play and no reboot is required to get the devices recognized. There's no real manual to it so hooking it up was trial and error (keyboard plugs into the center USB port and mouse connects to side USB port.) Pressing the button easily switches between PC and PS4 with a second or two delay before the devices are recognized.

I do not notice any input lag on the PC side (important since I game on PC as well). When you switch to the PS4, it'll ask you which profile is using the devices. Simply select your profile and the keyboard/mouse registers. On the PS4, the keyboard works flawlessly to navigate and input text. However, it's important to note that the mouse does not work on the PS4 web browser or any other part of the XMB. Also, keyboard/mouse support on games is solely dependent on the game itself.

Since I did not connect any monitors, I cannot comment on the quality of that. However, if all you're looking for is a simple way to use your keyboard on your PC and PS4 without having to constantly switch the keyboard back and forth this works great and I can't complain.

EDIT: I recently connected a Blue Yeti mic and Audio Technica AT2020USB mic as well and both worked flawlessly.

AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - 25 Mile Range
AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - 25 Mile Range
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in the city (SF), January 28, 2014
A little background before getting into the review ... feel free to skip to the review below.

I haven't watched an actual TV program in years and only watch with the exception of local sports or if some "breaking news" happens. I don't subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, etc. at all either so my main source of media entertainment is by watching videos on YouTube or a website which provides me with daily uploads of Japanese TV shows. That said, after moving to a condo a few months ago, I hadn't hooked up any kind of antenna to my HDTV after misplacing the previous one I had. Although I barely watch any TV at all, I figured it'd be nice to have just in case.

[ REVIEW STARTS HERE ]
First off, some information for reference: I live in San Francisco, about a mile from downtown. I hooked up the antenna directly to the back of my HDTV and mounted the antenna onto an east-facing window. The window is on the second floor and there are tall buildings and trees in the immediate surroundings.

I purchased the Regular version and the one thing I immediately liked was the thinness and flexibility of the coaxial cable - just makes it easier to route and mount. After scanning once, I got up to 60 channels. I would say that out of those 60 channels, about 80% were watchable; that is, the channels provided a constant feed. The other channels were pretty scrambled so those are probably stations that are too far for the regular version of this product. Out of the remaining channels, roughly 10-20% were HD and all the local stations here came in nice and clear, in HD of course.

If you're in San Francisco, I'm sure you can easily get as many channels as I have (as long as you're not surrounded by tall buildings.) Please note that a lot of the channels are Spanish channels as well as Asian channels in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Entertainment-wise, there are realistically about 20+ channels (but of course it depends on what you enjoy.)

With this type of product it really depends on a lot of variables (mainly location) so of course everyone's experience will be different. However, if you only watch TV once in a while and want local channels in HD this works great in the city in my experience.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6