Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Robert > Reviews

Browse

Robert's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert RSS Feed (Portland, MI USA)

SteelSeries Xai High Performance Laser Gaming Mouse (Black)
SteelSeries Xai High Performance Laser Gaming Mouse (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars ATTENTION MAC USERS, October 31, 2010
I purchased this mouse for Mac OSX because I needed an ultra-precise and premium wired mouse.

I finally got this mouse to work with OSX by setting the "ExactRate" feature of the mouse to "125". Doing so gives the precision necessary when operating the mouse at slow speeds to avoid the jittering effect that most third-party mice have with OSX. Now I can say the mouse works totally fine with OSX. It took weeks of trying different mice and different mouse pads until I finally landed on this combination. If you can imagine my frustration as I tried to get third-party products to work with the new computer. In the end, it has to do with a very particular way that OSX communicates with mice. They support their settings and not much else.

As for the mouse, it is very premium in design and construction. It has a perfect size and shape that most mice do not have. However you should get the version of the mouse that doesn't have buttons along the sides, because these are frequently getting clicked accidentally.

Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter (MC552ZM/A)
Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter (MC552ZM/A)

1.0 out of 5 stars What were they thinking, May 18, 2010
I bought my iPad on the premise of bringing movies to friends' houses and watching movies on my huge monitor. It doesn't even display iTunes movies on my huge monitor let alone display anything at all.

You would think a general output device would simply show whatever is on your screen. So easy that they would do it all in hardware. Play a movie and then let the iPad screen go blank after inactivity.

The VGA dingle does nothing of the sort, and it actually does nothing really. If an app happens to support it, you will get some output, but copy-protected movies, the web, and many many apps don't use it at all which makes it pretty much useless and causes the iPad to lack a significantly important level of functionality.

I bought the iPad for the purpose of connecting it to my monitor where I like to sit back and browse the web, download a movie, and bring it to a friends house. So I basically can't do what I bought it for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2010 9:39 PM PDT

Inside Direct3D (Dv-Mps Inside)
Inside Direct3D (Dv-Mps Inside)
by Peter J. Kovach
28 used & new from $1.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It works for me, July 15, 2000
This is maybe my fifth book like this, and it has been one of the most useful. Usually I buy a book and its material gets outdated fast (ray casting, retained mode, etc.).
I like this book because I already know all of the concepts in it, and I just need to see how to do them quickly.
Still, the book doesn't go in nearly enough detail, and why does it have a chapter on DirectInput? In all though, it gives the reader enough information to put advanced features in their games.