Profile for Mary Mary > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 113

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mary Mary "Margaret" RSS Feed (LAKELAND, FLORIDA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Radiant Smoothing Cream Cleanser, 5.0 Fluid Ounce
L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Radiant Smoothing Cream Cleanser, 5.0 Fluid Ounce
Price: $5.97
39 used & new from $1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars SEEMS GOOD, May 10, 2014
I was hoping this would be a little gentler, less drying to my skin. I do have skin that is dry to begin with though. It is better than anything else I have tried other than St. Ives skin cleansing lotion which I can no longer find. I use L'Oreal facial products; that's why I decided to ordered this.

Animaniacs, Vol. 3
Animaniacs, Vol. 3
DVD ~ Various
Offered by Pure n Simple
Price: $24.89
60 used & new from $14.02

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SHOW FOREVER, May 10, 2014
This review is from: Animaniacs, Vol. 3 (DVD)
This was and is a great show for adults and children. Something to sit down and watch with your children so you can laugh together. And if you have no children, you will laugh anyway. Great show by great company. Happy to have all the Volumes now.

Animaniacs, Vol. 4
Animaniacs, Vol. 4
DVD ~ Various
Offered by discountedmediaoutlet
Price: $23.83
13 used & new from $23.53

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S ANIMANIACS!!, May 10, 2014
This review is from: Animaniacs, Vol. 4 (DVD)
How could you not love this. The show was great and now we can see it forever. Have all the Volumes now.

South Park: The Stick of Truth Grand Wizard Edition - Xbox 360 Collectors Edition
Offered by King Beardo
Price: $69.99
26 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ENTERTAINMENT, May 10, 2014
Bought for my adult son who is a South Park and video game fan. He can't stop playing it and has friends over who also have a great time playing it. No complaints from any of them. He couldn't be happier.

Isotoner Women's Embroidered Terry Ballerina
Isotoner Women's Embroidered Terry Ballerina
Price: $16.95 - $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars SIZE RUNS TRUE FOR ME, April 22, 2014
I am docking these because of the sizing. Just got these as a b'day gift and the size came in Small 5-6. I wear 5-1/2 size in a dress or casual shoe (American sizing). These "Smalls" are at least an inch too long and I think it would have been better in the Small 5-6 B/M (US) assuming they are smaller; however, they don't have this size in pink which is what I received and like. Don't know what I'll do; am afraid these will come off when I walk. Can't try them on to walk 'cause will have to detach from card they are connected to and then are they returnable? May contact Amazon to see what they can do.

Getting to the complaint by some about their running smaller in sizing than what one usually wears, I have had Isotoners for years and years and have always found that when I first purchased and wore them, they were very snug, but they loosen up as you wear them and couldn't be more comfortable. I have had my last pair for 3 years now and they are fine; the pair before that I had for 10 (TEN) years and they were very, very comfortable. Would suggest you order in the size your wear in shoes. Sizing is always relative to the product. I know I wear different sizes in tennis shoes depending on the brand of tennis shoe.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2014 3:22 PM PDT

Cyber Acoustics CA-2880 USB Powered Speaker Portable Design - Black
Cyber Acoustics CA-2880 USB Powered Speaker Portable Design - Black
Price: $18.12
55 used & new from $11.01

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN MORE EXPENSIVE & HAS VOLUME AND ON-OFF CONTROLS, January 31, 2014
I truly think you will be very happy with this portable speaker; I know I am.

I originally ordered the GoGroove SonaVERSE laptop speaker (red) through Amazon from Beach Audio. Big mistake! Going by the reviews of the GoGroove it was supposed to have volume control on top but upon receiving it, there are NONE! I repeat NONE! To return it to Beach Audio, I had to pay a for return shipping (and they wanted it insured) and a 15% restocking fee, even though I feel the fault lies with Amazon and Beach Audio for allowing incorrect reviews. I knew the "return policy" on this, but was certain I would like it because its reviews said it had the volume controls. Don't buy the GoGroove SonaVERSE--Buy this instead; you'll be much happier and this Cyber Acoustics is cheaper.

I bought this Cyber Acoustics CA-2880 from Office Depot, an office supply chain store, because I didn't want to wait for another delivery plus I didn't have enough for the $35-minimum free delivery; and I love it! This sounds just as good as, the GoGroove if not better.
***I have no static problem (which I had with the GoGroove when going from music to music or sound to sound websites).
***It has an on-off button and a volume control on the top. You can see these in the picture; great to have.
***The volume gets as loud as one would want it.
***It clips on easily to my 15.6" ASUS laptop or my 10" Acer netbook.
***I haven't experienced any drain on the battery power as I used it for at least an hour last night on my netbook to listen and watch music on youtube with no affect on my battery power.

Some seem to be hesitant because it has a cord for the USB and cord for headphone jack that both have to be used in order for it to work, but my thinking is and was: If I'm listening to this, why would I need a headphone jack?

I would highly recommend this; sorry I didn't get it directly from Amazon to begin with as it was between this one and the GoGroove and shipping would have been free as it was combined with other items for the $35-minimum for Amazon free shipping. I think this Cyber Acoustics CA-2880 is better in every way; and the price is much better; plus it comes with a bag to put it in when not in use or for travel which is a nice little bonus.
FYI: I am female; senior citizen in age/24 in mind; love my 3 computer systems; am well-educated in use of new electronics to which my sons will testify.

L'Oreal Paris Collagen Filler Wrinkle Treatment, 1-Fluid Ounce
L'Oreal Paris Collagen Filler Wrinkle Treatment, 1-Fluid Ounce
Offered by BeautyTime
Price: $26.99
4 used & new from $26.99

2.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY RECOMMEND L'Oreal RevitaLift Daily Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate INSTEAD OF THIS STUFF!, January 26, 2014
I had ordered the L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Daily Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate, 1-Fluid Ounce and the seller sent this by mistake. I promised myself, to be fair, that I would try this before writing a review as I have used the Daily Anti-Wrinkle for a couple years and have been very happy with it. Never used this Concentrate before. This, however, is more expensive, so I thought it might be better. I WAS WRONG! This cannot compare to the RevitaLift Daily Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate and I would not buy this again, nor keep it if the seller sent it to me mistakenly. It does not diminish the wrinkles nor "fill-in" the creases in my face or neck half as well. I would never use it again. I have given it months to work (ordered 3 tubes of RevitaLift and they sent 3 tubes of this) and am very dissatisfied. Also, it is very, very difficult to get out of the tube...it's too thick, I guess, to come out easily. The RevitaLift is in a red tube and its consistency is such that it easily comes out; but the best part is that is really diminishes the wrinkles and creases and jowl lines that run from each side of your nose past the sides of your mouth to you chin. At least for me, it does. I will never settle for anything less than the L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Daily Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate, 1-Fluid Ounce.

GOgroove SonaVERSE USB Laptop Clip On Speaker (Red) w/ USB Plug-n-Play Sound Bar Design for Netbooks, Notebooks, Ultrabooks & More - Incl. Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
Offered by Beach Audio
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE: THERE IS NO VOLUME/MUTE CONTROL ON THIS!, January 26, 2014
For those of you out there looking for a speaker with independent VOLUME/MUTE CONTROL(S),THERE ARE NONE on this. Don't mistakenly order this one.

I gave this 2 stars because some of its reviews on Amazon talked about the volume and mute controls located on top...There are NO VOLUME CONTROLS at all. The only control you have is through your computer when you plug this speaker into it. I wanted something I could control the volume on without fooling with my computer keys. The major reason I ordered this specific one was for the volume control so I am very disappointed and have contacted the seller, Beach Audio, who sold it through Amazon, in hopes of returning it immediately. I am, unfortunately, probably going to have to pay for return shipping and a restocking fee which I don't feel is fair since many of the reviews on this noted the volume/mute control. Haven't heard from the seller yet, but I received this red speaker Friday night, wrote to them immediately, and this is Sunday so they are probably closed for the weekend and hopefully will contact me tomorrow.

Either AMAZON or the SELLER should make sure the reviews talking about the controls for volume being on top of this speaker are edited out or else moved to whatever speakers they do apply to--I don't know what speaker it is, as the reviews I looked at were all supposed to be for this particular speaker. Very disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 5:30 PM PST

A Nation of Takers: America's Entitlement Epidemic
A Nation of Takers: America's Entitlement Epidemic
by Nick Eberstadt
Price: $8.96
70 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars DEPRESSING, BUT EDUCATIONAL, January 24, 2014
This book won't pick up your spirits about today's society of "Takers", but will let you see how they do it and the mentality of those doing it, plus how it is the downfall of this great country.

Fury Sporting Cutlery Money Clip, 2.25 in., Blade/File/Scissors w/Clip
Fury Sporting Cutlery Money Clip, 2.25 in., Blade/File/Scissors w/Clip
Offered by Green_Valley_Place
Price: $6.54
21 used & new from $3.48

4.0 out of 5 stars NICE, January 24, 2014
Bought this for my son for his birthday. He likes to use a money clip and also carries a pen-knife because he likes to have the scissors and knife handy if needed. He seemed very happy with this, liking that the money clip was "tight" and didn't even notice the hidden scissors and knife till I pointed it out which he also liked. Now he only has to take the one thing. It seems to be fine as far as quality although he has only had it a couple days. If he has a problem with it breaking, I will add it on under "Comments".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12