Profile for miki > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 71

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

miki RSS Feed (Salt Lake City, UT, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
simplehuman 8 oz. Sensor Pump with Soap Sample, White
simplehuman 8 oz. Sensor Pump with Soap Sample, White
Price: $34.98
8 used & new from $34.98

2.0 out of 5 stars RIP 1-3-2015... I am sad., January 3, 2015
I loved this unit. I tried to ignore all the "it died after ____ months."
So we have used this since July 2014. It was a great device until all those reviews came back to haunt us.
First it seemed a bit sluggish but it still was good.
Worked fine this morning, my husband changed batteries. Worked fine in the afternoon, then tonight it died.
Nothing we could do would revive it.
So as stupid as it might be, I just ordered another one. Foolish hope.
I just love the concept.
I also purchased another unit by a different company. We will see which one croaks first, and how long either will last.
I am sad that the dispenser makers have not created a reliable long lasting unit.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2015 3:11 PM PST

Martha Stewart Crafts Knife
Martha Stewart Crafts Knife
Price: $8.59
28 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knife., December 2, 2014
The best craft knife I have used. I was using an exacto type before this, and always had a problem with the blade coming loose.
Since this one screws the blade tight in the back, that doesn't happen.
I use it for ripping out seams when I am sewing. It has come in handy, and is very sharp. Not for children!

Syrtenty Premium TENS Unit Electrodes 4.5"x6" butterfly electrodes 6 pack Electrode for TENS Massage EMS - 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by Midwest Health Solutions
Price: $29.95

1.0 out of 5 stars The new ones are HORRIBLE., December 2, 2014
These are excellent butterfly eletrodes. I have used other ones, but these seem to be a bit larger, and are softer, so they mold to the skin more than the other ones. I guess since they are a cloth backed device.
I will buy them again.

UPDATE: 3-1-15.
I do not understand what happened to these great Electrodes. The ones I received are not the same as previous ones. The new ones do not stick as well, but what is worse is that the black sticky stuff doesn't stay on the electrode...I have had 2 of them fail. The sticky stuff just stays on the skin when you pull of the patch. The first one was so bad, I had to roll it off. (check photo), the second time, I was more aware, and as it began to come apart, I tried to keep it attached as I removed it. But what a pain!!
Where have my FAVORITE electrodes gone? Is it a new company? What is going on?
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nature's Way Turmeric, 60 Tablets
Nature's Way Turmeric, 60 Tablets
Offered by Livamed
Price: $13.79
24 used & new from $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 5, 2014
I couldn't keep taking it since it constipated me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2014 11:21 AM PDT

Contigo Autoseal Randolph Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Button Lock, 16-Ounce, Gunmetal
Offered by Alca Group,LLC
Price: $18.99
8 used & new from $17.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Sad...., May 24, 2014
I have been using the Contigo auto seal mugs for years. Even the awful ones that would not clean well. When they came up with the flip clean lids, I switched to them...loved them. Easy to clean, and great to use.

I have a tendency to drop these a lot. Actually, that is why I bought the mugs. I used to use glasses, or other none water tight mugs, and drop them. Ugh, stuff all over me and the house, car, office...where ever!
When I saw they came out with one with a handle, I figured that would be even better.
I was sadly disappointed. I found that when you take a drink, some of the fluid puddles in the drinking spout. Then when you want to move it or take another drink, it drips on you, the floor, etc.
Also, since I tend to drop anything, I was really good with this, and didn't drop it for weeks. The handle really did help, but I did drop it one time, and after that it was no longer leak proof. It was not broken anywhere that I could see, but it still leaked...actually, more like a faucet.

That was the last straw. I am very glad I only use ice water in it most times. If it had been hot coffee, I could have been burned.
It is now going back to Amazon, and I ordered my old stand by.

I don't know if it was just my mug that puddled the liquid in the drinking area, or if all of them do. But it was not the wonderful design that I have come to know from Contigo.

Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper Big Roll 9-Count, 121 sheets (Pack of 4)
Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper Big Roll 9-Count, 121 sheets (Pack of 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Where did my paper go?, April 21, 2014
I have been on subscription for Charmin for over a year. Boom, Amazon says, we can't offer you your Toilet Paper any longer. So we will substitute this Charmin instead. It never stated that the roll is at least 1/2 or less the size of the old rolls. I used to use one roll every 3-4 days. Now I go through a roll in a day or a day and a half. Ultra strong does not mean you use less. It doesn't seem any different than the old paper. I will now have to change the type of paper I use.

Nature's Way Krill Oil 500mg, 60 Softgels
Nature's Way Krill Oil 500mg, 60 Softgels
Offered by iNetGiant
Price: $19.97
29 used & new from $19.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Pills great, inside bottle, horrible!, March 26, 2014
I have been getting these for about one year. They have been fine. No burps or fishy taste. But, I found the last two bottles I received, something happened to the pills. Inside the bottle is an orange oily substance, which looks like one of the pills broke. When I looked there were no broken pills, just the whole bottle reeked, and the bottle was coated. I thought it was just one bottle, but today I opened the next months supply, and the same thing has happened. I even kept this bottle in the refrigerator! So, I don't know if it is in transit or what.
I have returned the box I just opened, and now looking for another supplement.
I like the pills, but I don't think this is the way it should be.

KitchenAid Professional 550 Plus Stand Mixer-Empire Red
KitchenAid Professional 550 Plus Stand Mixer-Empire Red
Offered by Crypto Enigma
Price: $354.99
5 used & new from $335.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookies, January 19, 2014
Each year we make holiday cookies. In past years we have done the mixing by hand, or used my son's Cuisinart mixer. Both were not the best choices. We had to hold our body weight down on the Cuisinart since it was one which was hinged. Our daughter and son have moved out of state, and we are left with no stand mixer at all, but they both joined to buy us a KitchenAid KV25MEX. My daughter insisted we get the one with the stabilizer arms and a KitchenAid. (she has one, and it did work well one year)...This year we tried using it, and it was perfect. The dough hook worked wonders, and the dough was almost totally finished. We only needed about 5 minutes of hand kneading to completely finish the dough. It worked with no problems, no motor stalls, or having to lean on the top to keep it stable.
This was the perfect choice for us. Now we need the cover with the pour spout...we use a Lot of flour and eggs when doing the dough. I think that will add to the ease of making the our cookies next year.
Bravo to my kid's for a wonderful holiday gift.

Beano Tablets, 100 Count
Beano Tablets, 100 Count
Offered by Mr. Medical
Price: $15.97
15 used & new from $13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Gas be gone?, December 3, 2013
I like the meltaways also. Just the product is great. I have increased my fiber and I was really feeling it. These have helped me so much.

Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Open-Access Lid (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Alca Group,LLC
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, December 3, 2013
I love contigo. It takes a beating and keeps on working. No leaking, and they have made the top much easier to clean now in the dishwasher.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8