Profile for Kristina L. Thompson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kristina L. Thompson RSS Feed (CT, United States)

Convergence: Book One of The Blending
Convergence: Book One of The Blending
by Sharon Green
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
124 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Bogus!, December 13, 2003
When I first bought this, I was excited to possibly find another fantasy series....but....this was one of the worst books I have ever read! Actually, I can't even say I read it because I never finished it. Not finishing a book is rare for me, and usually when I start reading a book and I'm not fond of the story, I WILL try to read a little more to give it a chance. But "Convergence" starts the same story over again, five times--each one told by a different pathetic character. "Tamrissa", the "in-between" narrator, was so annoying it made me sick. Once the characters began to (sort of) get along, I just put the book down--I couldn't stand it any more. How can fictitious characters be so irritating?

Grania: She-King of the Irish Seas
Grania: She-King of the Irish Seas
by Morgan Llywelyn
56 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, December 13, 2003
I really like Moragan Llywelyn, and I was glad to find a book about a female legend--Grania. "Grace O'Malley"--the name given to her by the English--is portrayed in this book as strong, fierce, intelligent, a lover, and entirely human. Grania, in her adventures, learns to outwit many people, humble herself when necessary, and manages to keep her sense of humor throughout her life. This story is for anyone who likes to have a great time reading.

Narada Presents: The Best of Celtic Christmas
Narada Presents: The Best of Celtic Christmas
Price: $13.74
28 used & new from $2.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A Celtic Celebration!, December 11, 2003
This is a truly wonderful celebration of Celtic Christmas music. From the uplifting "The Mummer's Fig-Christmas Eve" by The Boys Of The Lough to Natalie MacMaster's bittersweet "Get Me Through December" (sung by sweet-voiced country artist Alison Krauss) to the beautiful reverence of "Don Oiche Ud I mBeithil" by Dordan, this is a must-have for your collection. Highly recommended.

Lord of Snow and Shadows (Tears of Artamon, Book 1)
Lord of Snow and Shadows (Tears of Artamon, Book 1)
by Sarah Ash
70 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Had the potiential to be so much better!, November 24, 2003
Overall, this book was OKAY....I liked the plot idea, but as another reader put it, the characters were somewhat shallow. I'm usually not one no nitpick, either, but, in one passage, a female snowy owl is described as being "...smaller, slighter...." Maybe it was just THAT particular owl, but in most cases, female raptors, owls included, are up to 25 percent larger. Anyway, maybe the second book of the series will be better, and like this one, I'll get it from the library.

If The Owl Calls Again: A Collection of Owl Poems
If The Owl Calls Again: A Collection of Owl Poems
by Myra Cohn Livingston
25 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Collection, May 8, 2002
I love this book, and I love owls. There's a wide variety of poems in here, from the humourous to the mysterious.

A Winter's Solstice: Windham Hill Artists
A Winter's Solstice: Windham Hill Artists
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $11.62
94 used & new from $0.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Beautiful, January 19, 2002
Winter Solstice stays in my CD player all Winter. "Engravings", "New England Morning", and a breathtaking version of the old standby, "Greensleeves" are my personal favorites. This CD reminds me of why I love a snowy evening in Connecticut.

On a Winter's Night
On a Winter's Night
27 used & new from $0.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Winter Music, January 19, 2002
This review is from: On a Winter's Night (Audio CD)
I bought this CD several years ago because I liked the cover. Every December it goes into my CD player and doesn't come out until Spring. The music is beautiful and relaxing....perfect for a winter's evening, watching the snow fall.