Profile for Ben Cornelius > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ben Cornelius RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Rode NTG3 Super Cardioid Shotgun Microphone Videographer Pro Audio Kit + Rode Blimp Wind Shield and Shock Mount System + Rode Professional Boompole + Rode Boompole Bag & Much More! Willoughby's Est. 1898

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a kid at Christmas, November 14, 2012
While not as strikingly directional as my AT8035, this mic is SO much more present. I can hear the most subtle of details, which is fantastic for film. The low self noise is very impressive. The pickup pattern is just wide enough to get dialogue between two persons without extra ambient noise. The pole is not the fastest to adjust, but very functional once set up. I would appreciate a piece to replace the grip on the blimp with just a light weight mount, but that can be purchased separately. You really do want to save as much weight as possible at the end of the pole.

EPG SONY InfoLithium F Series Battery Charger Compatible with SONY CCD-TR Series Camcorder Models with 2 year warranty
Offered by PricePapa
Price: $12.99
4 used & new from $12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, September 22, 2012
What else do you want? It works. The batteries charge. The light starts out red, and turns green when it's done. Comes with a DC adapter for your enjoyment.

Lilliput 5d-ii/o/p Peaking Zebra Exposure Filter Hdmi in OUT 7" TFT LCD Monitor+hot Shoe Mount+mini Hdmi Cable By Viviteq (No Battery Included)
Offered by stores123
Price: $235.60
12 used & new from $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars smart purchase, September 22, 2012
I've used this monitor on just one job so far, but used nearly every feature it has to my delight. I love the peaking, the zebra, the "Mark II" button that makes the image nice and full screen without stretching or delays when used with the Canon 5D Mark II. Beautiful. I was shooting an event on a very sunny day. Several people's heads were turned at the sight of my beautiful rig, and letting them peer under the convenient little included sun shade at what I was shooting was a treat. Instant gratification. This is a wise, inexpensive purchase. Without it, good luck getting any usable shots on a bright, sunny day with little time to fuss with the tiny image on your camera body.

KONOVA Slider K3 80cm (31.5-Inch)
KONOVA Slider K3 80cm (31.5-Inch)
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $345.00
5 used & new from $175.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatility appreciated!, August 20, 2012
Mount it sideways, vertically, between two stands, or on the ground...whatever. Your shots will be so much more rich with this rig. Well constructed. Solid. You'll want to adjust the bearing tension a bit when you get it for the ultra smooth glide. A very smart purchase. I probably should have got the 2 foot option instead of the 3 for taking it on a plane, but checking a bag still works. I'll be happy I got the 3 when I'm shooting a big, wide shot. I did have to purchase a washer to put between the slider and my Davis & Sanford tripod stand. The bolt on my stand was a bit too long and poked up through the rail, hitting the sliding part. All fixed up now. Definitely a pro rig for DSLR cameras.

Tiffen 77mm UV Protection Filter
Tiffen 77mm UV Protection Filter
Price: Click here to see our price
27 used & new from $8.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it, August 20, 2012
It doesn't color/alter the image at all and it's a hell of a lot more easy to clean/replace than the $1500 lens you're putting it on. Get it.

Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Wide Angle Lens
Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Wide Angle Lens
Price: $1,549.00
33 used & new from $1,050.00

5.0 out of 5 stars In LOVE with this lens, August 20, 2012
I can not begin to explain how much I love this lens. I'm a professional photographer ([...]), so you can go to my website to see tons of video shot with this bad boy. Wide, deep images with pinpoint depth of field focus and low light beauty. Love it. LOVE it.

SANOXY® Wireless LCD FM transmitter for ipod nano video classic touch iphone MP3 player
Offered by SpeedLLC
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, August 20, 2012
Cheap. Does exactly what I needed: turns my ipod into a radio station while driving and keeps the ipod battery charged. Perfect, and cheap.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, August 20, 2012
I'm a professional photographer. I've had it on the 5D mark II for about a year now, and always feel glad about putting it on there as I put my camera through the ringer. Cheap, wise purchase.

Olympus TG-320 14 MP Tough Series Camera with 3.6x Optical Zoom (Blue) (Old Model)
Offered by Great Caesar's Ghost!
Price: $309.95
5 used & new from $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The only way to go, August 20, 2012
Up front, I'm a professional photographer with other very nice cameras. I had considered more expensive options...larger aperture, cmos, whatever, but am glad that I saved the money and went with this one. If you want all that performance stuff, just get a dslr and call it a day. These weather/impact resistant cameras are the only way to go with point and shoots. I've ruined a couple others with only the slightest usage...a complete waste of money. Also, who wants to dangle a $300+ camera over the edge of a kayak, or freak out about every grain of sand on vacation. Since this doesnt' have a retractable lens, it's MUCH less prone to problems that inevitably kill other fragile models. Compact with a very usable zoom range.

I just got back from a trip up the Oregon coast: kayaking, swimming on the beach, hiking, and SO many times I congratulated myself for the wise purchase (leaving the other cameras at home and bringing this tough little guy). I still got some very cool shots. The quality of the image was better than I had expected. By the way, I LOVE LOVE the panorama feature. It took a sec to figure out how to use it properly, but once I did, I got some stunning images. They look like fish eye shots cropped to ultra wide screen. Very cool little camera at a fair price. I have every reason to believe this one will last. Only reason for 4 and not 5 stars is because no camera is perfect. They're all a compromise in some way. For getting out there and getting some cool shots to remember, all without being up tight about your gear all the time, this is perfect.

16GB Extreme III Sd Card
16GB Extreme III Sd Card
Offered by True Modern Electronics
Price: $17.95
35 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 18, 2011
Can't go wrong with a class 10 SanDisk card. No other brand that I've used (PNY, Kingston, Transcend) has been issue free and reliable like this one for HD recording on my Canon DSLR's.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2012 12:07 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2