Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Genevieve > Reviews

Browse

Genevieve's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Genevieve RSS Feed

West Blvd Santiago Stretch Motorcycle Boots, Brown Pu, 9
West Blvd Santiago Stretch Motorcycle Boots, Brown Pu, 9
Offered by Guilty Shoes
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots adjust well to almost any size!, April 12, 2016
Bought those to go with a LARP costume. I couldn't find anything close to what I wanted in my area, so, out of desperation, I ordered them online. I am a plus-size woman, meaning I have very big calves (17.5 inches). These boots adjust well to almost any size!

The elastic band allows for a lot of adjustment and the "faux-leather" is somewhat stretchy, so I was pleasantly surprised with the way they fit. I wouldn't recommend them for anyone with calves any bigger than 17.5 inches, because I can tell that the boots are at their maximum.

I normally wear a size 8.5, but ordered a 9. The boots fit nicely, but they have plenty of room for, say, a pair of soles, which would allow for extra insulation.

Basically, women sizes Small to Medium would find the boot to fit like the model in the pictures. Medium to Large would get a well-fitted boot. X-large to 1X, would also get a well-fitted boot, but only thanks to the elastic band and stretchy material (would need to work-in the boot for a better fit). I do not recommend this boot for women 2X or larger.

Alexanders Costumes Women's Plus-Size Adjustable Cummberbund, Black, Plus Size
Alexanders Costumes Women's Plus-Size Adjustable Cummberbund, Black, Plus Size
Price: $28.00
2 used & new from $21.60

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a perfect addition to my LARP wardrobe!, February 26, 2016
Great addition to a Medieval costume, if you don't want to invest in a 100$ corset.

I normally wear a size 1X, but couldn't fit it completely tight. It might be too small for someone wearing sizes 2X or larger.

The material is sturdy and comfortable. This is a perfect addition to my LARP wardrobe!

Leg Avenue Women's Plus-Size Plus High Low Peasant Dress Costume, Rust, 3X/4X
Leg Avenue Women's Plus-Size Plus High Low Peasant Dress Costume, Rust, 3X/4X
Price: $25.42
9 used & new from $23.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizes smaller than advertised, but the result is a great, affordable dress, perfect for a LARP, February 26, 2016
Like many other reviewers, I find that the dress is much smaller than standard Plus Size items. I normally wear 1X and purchased the 1X/2X dress, but find that it fits rather tightly, especially around the chest area.

The fabric is VERY thin and appears very fragile. (I could hear some threads breaking as I was putting it on.) I paid 24.44$ for the dress and it is definitely not worth more.

But the result is a great, affordable dress, perfect for a LARP or Halloween party. I don't regret buying it... but I don't know if it will survive my first weekend of hunting pirates and demons. Meh... for that prize, I'll buy a couple more.

Kawaii Bento Boxes: Cute and Convenient Japanese Meals on the Go
Kawaii Bento Boxes: Cute and Convenient Japanese Meals on the Go
by Joie Staff
Price: $15.05
77 used & new from $1.05

2.0 out of 5 stars Kawaii & Unhealthy (beware of bad carbs and fried stuff), September 17, 2010
I received this book a few days ago. I have yet to try any of the recipes. Frankly, they might look good, but they don't sound very tasty to me.

I'll start with the bright side, so we can get it over with.

**** PRO'S ****
- Bento Basics: There is a nice introduction at the beginning if you don't really know what Bento-boxing is, the most important being how to balance a bento's nutritious value. You'll also get a list of basic ingredients and tools and how to use them properly.

- Playing with your food: this book delivers what it promises: how to make food look cute. It's just technique, after technique, after technique, with pictures and images to help with the execution.

- Bento fillers: At the end of the book, you get a list of bento fillers, arranged by colors and prepared in small portions... Being the only Bento-fan in my family, this is a plus for me. Besides, the recipes don't look that bad... I will definitely try those ^_^

... That's pretty much all the good stuff from this book.

**** CON'S ****

- Fried...
Lot's and lots of fried foods: fried chicken, fried pork, fried sausages, fried potatoes, fried seafood.

- Processed foods to the rescue!
Yup, why prepare food or use quality products when you can buy a pre-made version or a cheap substitute at the supermarket? Processed cheese, processed ham, Spam (canned ham), sweets, potato chips, sausages (too many wieners in this book), chicken nuggets and so on...

- Unhealthy recipes
...And, I mean it: it's BAD! Trust me: you want to keep your children AWAY from some (many) of the recipes in this book. Better to stay with the ham&cheese sandwiches and carrot sticks. Spam and potato chips should never be in the same container... And, if you ask me, Spam should stay where it belongs: hidden away in your nuclear shelter, to be eaten only when every else has turned into radioactive poison!... Bacon-wrapped asparagus? Couldn't they at least wrap it in ham or turkey or even prosciutto? Why bacon? Why?

Overall, I find the recipes to be too high in calories, too sweet, too salty and too fat for me.

Some of it (which avoids all the bad stuff I just mentioned) looks relatively okay, I will probably try those, if only thanks to the small portions produced by each recipe.

But I became a Bento-fan for its nutritional value, so this book is very disappointing for me (especially since it got so many good reviews).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2012 11:07 PM PDT

Kotobuki Plastic Egg Mold, Rabbit and Bear
Kotobuki Plastic Egg Mold, Rabbit and Bear
Offered by digital art
Price: $2.17
64 used & new from $2.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Egg Fun!, August 18, 2010
Really nice molds.

Be warned: instructions are in Japanese, so you'll need to find the instructions from the Internet.

Plastics appears to be of good quality.

Must use larger eggs.

A really cute way to add proteins to your meals.

Reactions of your colleagues may vary, lol!

Kotobuki Set of 6 Small Stainless Vegetable Cutters
Kotobuki Set of 6 Small Stainless Vegetable Cutters
Price: $7.50
4 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No more carrot sticks!, August 18, 2010
Oh, I just love these!

If you find your lunch-box's content looks healthy but boring: you have to buy those!

You can cut almost anything you want, soft or hard, those cutters do the job.

I've started doing Bento for my lunches and those 6 little wonders were a must. It's great, when you've had a rough morning, to open your meal and have something pleasant to look at. I never thought Bell Peppers and Carrots could be fun to eat, but they are now!

The cutters are really sturdy and will add a nice decorative touch to all your meals. Easy to clean by hand. Not sure I would put them in the dishwasher.

Careful though: use a non-slip cutting board or your ingredients might slip and you could hurt your hands. I say : Not recommended for younger children.

Sauce Container Piggy and Square Bottle
Sauce Container Piggy and Square Bottle
Price: $6.74
2 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This little piggy's filled with soy-sauce, this little piggy's filled with teriyaki sauce..., August 18, 2010
Really cute, really handy miniature bottles.

I was already aware of the size before I bought these, so I knew what to expect: really small bottles!

Take my word for it, those aren't made to carry mustard or ketchup; only liquid sauces like soy-sauce, bulldog sauce, Teriyaki sauce, etc. The size of the nozzle makes it so it will only give you 1 drop at a time.

Filling from your bottle of soy-sauce will be easy, but things can get messy if the liquid you want to put in the mini-bottles is in a bottle with a wide opening.

I have some small straws, so I just fill the straw with the liquid I want I transfer it into the mini-bottle. Can be tricky at first, but I got the hang of it.

A bottle is about 4cm long by 2cm wide. The nozzle is about 5mm in diameter.

Must wash by hand.

Plastic looks sturdy enough (made in japan).

Kotobuki 2-Tiered Bento Box, Red Beckoning Cat
Kotobuki 2-Tiered Bento Box, Red Beckoning Cat
Price: $21.98
4 used & new from $16.17

5.0 out of 5 stars It's bigger on the inside!, August 16, 2010
I was really hesitant when this little kitty-bento arrived at my doorstep. It was so tiny that I thought I had made a mistake and bought a child's Bento Box.

...Boy, was I wrong!

The thing is: that box is meant for Japanese-style (original) lunch-boxes. That means bite-size pieces, compacted ingredients and no waste of space!

The fact that it's microwavable is a real plus! I wouldn't recommend putting it in the dishwasher, though, the little kitty on top would probably faint.

If you worry about space, here are 2 examples of menus:

Upper-tier
- 1/3 cup of carrots
- 1/3 cup of bell peppers
- 1 mini-muffin for desert

LUNCH#2 : Japanese Bento!

Lower-tier
- 3/4 cup of japanese rice (sprinkled with furikake)
- 1 mini-bottle of soy-sauce
- Yakitori chicken skewers (1 small chicken breast and some grilled veggies)
Upper-tier
- Sliced cucumbers (1/3 cup)
- Flower-shaped carrots
- 1/2 caned pear for desert

See? Plenty of space, if you know what you're doing!

Matta Ne! <(^o^)>

The Manga Cookbook: Japanese Bento Boxes, Main Dishes and More!
The Manga Cookbook: Japanese Bento Boxes, Main Dishes and More!
by Chihiro Hattori
Price: $13.44
92 used & new from $2.39

4.0 out of 5 stars The beginner's cookbook for all ages!, August 16, 2010
This manga/book is great!

PRO'S
It's perfect for all ages (grown-ups like me will need to be manga-lovers too). The recipes are basics of Japanese cuisine with step-by-step illustrations.

So, if, like me, you want a nice introduction to Nippon-cooking, this book is a fun way to start!

CON'S
Calorie-counting and portions: not all recipes define what a "portion" should be, making it difficult to count how many calories are in front of you (and the food is sooo tempting, it's a real bummer).

Also, you can find some of the recipes online easily enough...

But, for presentation, efficiency, simplicity and covering all the basics, I give this book 4/5!

Matta Ne!! <(^o^)>