Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Reading Addict > Reviews

Browse

Reading Addict's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reading Addict "Beth" RSS Feed (NH United States)

Page: 1 | 2
The Trouble with Patience: A Novel (Virtues and Vices of the Old West) (Volume 1)
by Maggie Brendan
Price: $14.99
62 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down..., February 20, 2015
Montana is one of those state that once you visit-you imagine that this is the way it looked like for hundreds of years. The small towns you travel through to get to where you are going-they've been there for 70 or so years-updated here and there but look and you will find something similar to Maggie's Nevada City-in Montana territory.

In Maggie's book, I love how she brought together characters in a unique way. As an audience, we are introduced to Patience Cavanaugh. Her spunk and fortitude puts in awkward, yet endearing and somewhat troubling circumstances through the entire book.

Maggie does, with cleverness, write a story that has you turning the pages to find out what Patience is getting herself into or truing to get herself out of. Having to cross paths with a cantankerous lawman who has had his share of ghosts of adventure and dangers past visit him again.

Maggie surprised me in this book and I loved it! If you are looking for a book that will have you turning page after page...romance, humor, excitement, danger and the unexpected - this book is for you.

I can't wait for her second book from the Series of Virtues and Vices of the Old West.

Women's Nebraska Cornhuskers CornBorn Script "huskers love red" Boyfriend Tee Shirt - Red - Medium
Offered by CornBorn
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 29, 2014
Soft fabric and fits well.

Honey-Can-Do TBL-03540 Portable Laptop Lap Desk with Handle, Mint, 23 L x 16 W x 2.5 H
Offered by BisonOffice
Price: $28.66
16 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 29, 2014
Great lap desk. Holds my laptop perfectly.

White River Brides:  Missouri Couples Find Unexpected Love in Three Historical Novels (Romancing America)
White River Brides: Missouri Couples Find Unexpected Love in Three Historical Novels (Romancing America)
by Frances Devine
Price: $7.99
64 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Three lovely stories., October 29, 2014
I am a big fan of story that creates a community of characters and the characters follow through the other stories-int this case, very well.
It is a great stor about Jack Sullivan-a man who struggles with who he is versus the man he could /or wants to be.
The young girls in the stories, Tuck & Addy, a tomboy and lady, are sweet and fun to follow along. There are recogizeable life stories in Tuck's story.
Addy's story was lovely and moving and that there is an epilogue to her story that that brings the three stories full circle.
These stories were fun, adventureous and thoughful.
I loved reading them and look foward to reading other stories by Frances.

Land Run Brides: Oklahoma Settlers Brave Challenges of the Heart in Three Romances (Romancing America)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love to reading trilogy stories, July 24, 2014
I love to reading trilogy stories, especially when they build from one to the next. Janet did a terrific job with her story of brother and sister, Faith and Ben, each having their own journeys. Then, for her third story, she jumped to the next generation. The third story is just as lovely, having all of the backstory of the previous two stories, to tell Charity's story.

Being from the midwest (now living in New England) this story made me miss my home state, seeing the sunrises and the history of the Old West and homesteading stories. I love how Janet brought the town of Guthrie Oklahoma to life, making it a character in one of her stories as well.

A Match Made in Texas: A Novella Collection
A Match Made in Texas: A Novella Collection
by Mary Connealy
Price: $14.44
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Four Short Stories You Will LOVE!!!, March 1, 2014
Authors: Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings and Carol Cox

Dry Gulch Texas certainly has some characters in it!

I come to this book having already read three of the four authors, of which I love their work. Having said, I thoroughly enjoyed Regina's story and found all of these stories moving and funny.

Some characters to not remain in Dry Gulch which I found to be very interesting and smart as a writer. Taking you out into a different setting, it made the stories better and made me want to to back to Dry Gulch and see what was new and who was up to what!

Having read some of Karen's previous works, I was happy to revisit a character that was in her previous books. It was a sweet sweet story for another Archer brother. The Archer brothers are a family to be reckoned with and to see the young Neill come out into his own was such a reward as a fan of her work. (I actually want to go back now and re-read the Archer brother stories.) She gave Neill such a tender heart and really put this man in a test to show how much responsibility he could manage in tough circumstances. I will read this story again and again!

Regina's story of a school teacher who has become the town's responsibility was very moving. I loved that you cared for Grace but you never felt sorry for her. Regina did a great job of describing Grace, how she felt as a productive member of the community, being a school teacher and losing that status and her sight and just trying to make her life work. I wanted hope for her and for her to have a happy ending. Regina wrote this story in such a way that I couldn't wait to see how Grace would make it in her new world.

Carol has written stories that I love to revisit and this is one of them. I grew up being around my great grandparents and the aunt in this story reminded me of them. Ornery, set in her ways, doesn't mince words. I liked her immediately. The timid caretaker that the nephew brings to the aunt's ranch was almost too meek for me but then she grew on me. She found her place in the story and I enjoyed her journey but I just loved that aunt!

Mary has always been a favorite author of mine. We are both from the same state and she holds a special place in my reading heart. Mary usually writes about cowboys and to have her write about a school teacher was a breath of fresh air. Hannah is a young teacher, daughter with many siblings and a woman with way too much responsibility. She loses her mother way too early in her life and her father, Mary writes the man in such a way that you despise him in some places and (nearly) cheer for him in others. I loved the way she wrote Marcus, a man in love with a woman since he was a youngin'. I could see him in my imagination, lanky and tall, watching this beautiful young woman and just being too shy to try and tell her how he feels. He wants to have his moment in the sun beaming down on him and all he keeps getting is rainclouds and wet.

I read the book in about three or four days. Some stories just in one day or a day and a half. It was a great read!

Trouble in Store: A Novel
Trouble in Store: A Novel
by Carol Cox
Price: $12.98
58 used & new from $0.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Drama, suspens, romance and humor...a great read!, October 1, 2013
Melanie is a woman to root for from the very beginning.
We meet her in a tough spot, being a governess who is trying to handle spoiled and stubborn children and is fired from her job. Fast-forward to her new begiinning and second chance in life, running a mercantile. she is surprised not to be greeted by her uncle but by her uncle's parter's ... son, Caleb running the store that she thought she would be running.

Melanie worms her way into running the store and bothering Caleb. And leave it to a man to be befuddled/frustrated witih a forward-thinking woman! He decides that she needs a husband, not a job but in his eyes, no one is qualified.

And then there are the threatening notes. Are they meant for Melanie or Caleb?

I couldn't put this book down. A book of intreague to the very end! I loved it!

Moonlight Masquerade: A Regency Romance
Moonlight Masquerade: A Regency Romance
by Ruth Axtell
Price: $10.08
70 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Who is this MacKinnon and why is he here???, April 21, 2013
I so enjoyed figuring out the character of MacKinnon. He is a character to root for. I wanted Celine to have a happy ending and...I wasn't sure if she would have one. Valentine, Celine's lady in waiting was definately a snippy sharp character that you loved to dislike (not hate but she definately didn't have any friends).

I enjoyed reading this story. I will admit, the beginning was a little slow and I had a tough time until I got to the middle of the story and then I had to know how it ended. I think that I would be willing to give her next book out a try. Especially if it continues with the characters she began in this book.

A Noble Groom (Michigan Brides Collection Book #2)
A Noble Groom (Michigan Brides Collection Book #2)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I couldn't put down!!!, April 14, 2013
I loved this book. I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. Jody keeps you engaged with each character and it is a great ending. You want so much for this Noble Groom to succeed. If a picture is worth a thousand words, the cover art does the story justice. Can't wait for her next book!

TRINITY (A Breed Apart)
TRINITY (A Breed Apart)
by Ronie Kendig
Price: $12.99
77 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Courage, commitment, honor and duty and a reluctant Hero! Ronie does it AGAIN!, September 11, 2012
Trinity: Military War Dog is a fantastic story about Staff Sergeant Daniels, and his special-forces military war dog, Trinity, serving in Afghanistan and what happens to both him and his four-legged companion after he is wounded by an IED (improvised explosive device). Sometime after Daniels is diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury and post traumatic stress disorder, he gets back to a version of himself he can live with and have his companion, Trinity, in his life. Over the course of his journey, he comes across a girl, Jia (aka Darci), that resonates with his past, how or why he doesn't know...and slowly he is brought back into a war he wanted badly to be back in but now desperately wants out of.

Ronie tells a story that begs you to turn the page for more. In her sixth book, she tells a story of courage and fear, bravery and honor that represents our armed forces today. She also brings a little romance to each of her stories which balances the story's suspense. Pick up a copy today. You'll have a tough time putting it down!

Page: 1 | 2