Profile for peb > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

peb RSS Feed (CA, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
12" Mini Bow Saw
12" Mini Bow Saw

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 29, 2014
This review is from: 12" Mini Bow Saw (Misc.)
Fantastic saw. Is great for cutting small tree limbs that are too large for my tree trimmers. This is the first bow saw I have owned that does not get stuck in the wood. I'll be buying a bahco 24 or 32 inch bow saw for thicker wood.

Fenix Flashlight, Blue
Fenix Flashlight, Blue
Offered by EdisonBright®
Price: $19.95
13 used & new from $19.78

5.0 out of 5 stars The only flashlight I need, August 28, 2013
This review is from: Fenix Flashlight (Sports)
I put this on my carabiner keychain and carry it with me everywhere.

This flashlight gives out plenty of light. Its the only flashlight I need. Even at home, when I can grab a larger flashlight, I use this one.

Do yourself a favor and buy it, put it on your keychain. You won't need another flashlight.

SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins - JT6305A
SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins - JT6305A
Offered by Micro-Tools
Price: $2.92
2 used & new from $2.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, July 11, 2013
I've used this to size a couple of watch bands. Seems to do the job just fine. It does seem cheaply made but is not expensive.

Orient Capital Quartz Rose Goldtone Dress Watch with Day and Date UG1R005W
Orient Capital Quartz Rose Goldtone Dress Watch with Day and Date UG1R005W
Offered by Long Island Watch
Price: $79.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big, July 11, 2013
There is a lot to like about this watch. It's very thin. The vintage looks with white dial, domed crystal and rose gold case are really gorgeous. It's gleams as the white dial reflects off the domed crystal.

The problem is that the watch is too big. It has a 40 mm case and a 22mm band. This is a good size for a divers watch which has a chunky case and wide bezel that make the watch look smaller. I own the orient ray diver that has the same dimensions and it looks great. But the Capital has an elegant, thin vintage style case with a very thin bezel! It looks huge. This watch should be between 36 to 38mm with an 18 to 20mm band.

I liked the alligator pattern on the leather watch band, but the finish was too shiny. The band also seemed stiff and creaky.

For these reasons I returned the watch.

I know the trend these days are for overly big watches. So if you don't mind an over sized watch this a good choice for a vintage style watch. I would replace the strap though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 3:03 PM PDT

Seiko Men's SNKK65 Seiko 5 Automatic Silver Dial Stainless-Steel Bracelet Watch
Seiko Men's SNKK65 Seiko 5 Automatic Silver Dial Stainless-Steel Bracelet Watch
Offered by Dexclusive
Price: $66.99
9 used & new from $66.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, June 6, 2013
I wanted a nice dress watch, preferably an automatic, and I did not want to spend a lot of money. The Seiko 5's have a great reputation, and at $62 dollars I thought I'd try this one.

This watch exceeded my expectations. It is gorgeous! A beautiful silver dial with nice simple markings. The crown is small and not overbearing, but it is still easy to pull out from the back with your finger nail. The show case in the back is nice to look at. The band (18mm) seems fine but I replaced it with a nice brown leather band, which adds to the look.

The case is about 38mm in diameter, so I think its just the right size for a mens dress watch.

This would make a great gift. Highly recommended.

Orient Men's EM65008B "Ray" Stainless Steel Automatic Watch
Orient Men's EM65008B "Ray" Stainless Steel Automatic Watch
Price: $159.99
8 used & new from $126.64

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoy wearing this watch, June 4, 2013
This is a great watch. It seems solid and well made. Looks really classy on my wrist without being overly large and "blingy", as a lot of watches seem to be these days!

It seems to keep very accurate time. Over a couple of weeks it seems to have only gained 10 seconds, at most.

I like the bracelet. Its nice and solid and is very comfortable. (I wear this watch all day).

The only thing that would be nice is if the second hand would stop when setting the time. This is not a big deal and its not a common feature for automatic watches in this price range.

I highly recommend this watch if you are looking for an automatic, divers style in this price range.

Kinivo BTH220 Bluetooth Stereo Headphone - Supports Wireless Music Streaming and Hands-Free calling
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $44.99
8 used & new from $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, March 26, 2013
I did not like this headset and returned it. Here are my issues:

1. I could not get the band to sit comfortably around the back of my head.
2. Although nicely cushioned the earphones feel small around my small ears.
3. Its hard to tell if the headset is on or off, because the blue light turns off a few seconds after turning it on.
4. Its annoying to turn on and off. You have to press and hold the button. A sliding switch around the edge of the headphone would have solved this and issue 3.
5. This is minor but the volume and next/previous buttons feel cheap.
6. The microphone quality was not good, even in a quite office. I got complaints that it was bad. Using my old apple headset I had no complaints.

The headphone sound was fine, but that was the only ok thing.

This was not an issue for me, but also note that this headset does not come with a wall charger, only a usb cable.

Citizen Men's BM8180-03E Eco-Drive Stainless Steel Watch with Green Canvas Band
Citizen Men's BM8180-03E Eco-Drive Stainless Steel Watch with Green Canvas Band
Offered by ELI ADAMS JEWELERS INC
Price: $108.75
22 used & new from $96.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I compared to the SNK809 Seiko 5 and kept this one. UPDATED, February 16, 2013
I was looking for a nice but not too expensive watch with a military look. After some research I had two candidates: this one and the SNK809 Seiko 5. Both are nice looking watches, and have a similar price (the Seiko is cheaper). I ordered both from Amazon with the intention of returning the loser. I returned the Seiko. The Seiko is a really nice watch, with a great auto mechanical movement, and cheaper. I preferred the Citizen because:

1. The face was a lot easier to read the time. The Seiko face has the seconds in large type on the outer edge, with the hours and minutes in an inner ring in smaller type. The Citizen has the seconds on the far outer edge with a very small font AND the hour markings are still on the outer edge in a big font. I want to tell the time not the seconds!
2. I preferred the shiny metal finish of the Citizen to the brushed/mat finish of the Seiko.
3. The Citizen has a better water rating, enough for swimming (10ATM). The Seiko is rated only for a quick swim (3ATM).

The Citizen is a really nice, sturdy looking watch. It is not large. I have a 6.5 inch wrist and its a perfect fit (I'm not Flavor Flav!). The strap is fine. I noticed a lot of complaints about the strap, but I like it. I would have preferred black. I did remove the strap and I am using NATO bands.

The solar feature is great. You only notice the panel on the watch face if you look really hard in sunlight at just the right angle.

The lumination is a bit "hit and miss". I've had the watch face illuminate all night, and then on other occasions not at all. I do not know if this is typical.

The instructions for setting the day, date and time are poor. It instructs you not to set the day and date when the time is between 9pm and 4am, but it does not tell you how to know if the watch is between 9pm and 4am OR 9am and 4pm??? I searched youtube to find a video. I think this is typical for most watch instructions.

Overall its a great watch and I highly recommend it.

UPDATE 8/8/2013: I actually like this watch more than when I bought it. Not big, Clean dial, Good looks, Solar, 100m WR all for around 85 bucks! Its a great value. I like it so much I bought another. I wear one with ss solid link, breitling-style bracelet and the other with nato straps. This watch looks great with ss bracelets, natos straps and leather straps.

eForCity Clip-on Crystal Case for Apple iPod Touch 5G, Clear Rear
eForCity Clip-on Crystal Case for Apple iPod Touch 5G, Clear Rear
Price: $2.99
3 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!!, January 29, 2013
I have a clear case on my ipod 4G. When my son got an ipod 5G for Christmas he also wanted a clear case. For a couple of bucks I was a bit skeptical about the quality, but it is just as good as the clear case I bought for 15 dollars. It fits the ipod well and all the holes are in the correct place. The case arrived clean with no scratches.

For a couple of bucks you can't go wrong!!

Snap-on Case compatible with Apple® iPhone® 3G / 3GS, Red / Black Cup Shape
Snap-on Case compatible with Apple® iPhone® 3G / 3GS, Red / Black Cup Shape
Offered by Agrigle

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value!!!, January 29, 2013
I'm really impressed by this case.

I was a bit skeptical about the quality of a $1 case. But this case seems just as good as the $15-20 cases you buy in the retail stores.

I really like the look of it. The rim of the case also does not interfere with touching the screen, which the case it replaced did.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5