Profile for R. Sheridan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Sheridan RSS Feed (El Paso, Texas, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sewing Machine Needle Threading Tool-
Sewing Machine Needle Threading Tool-
Price: $3.73
13 used & new from $1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as the original, May 26, 2014
Had no problems with Supermart, but this needle threader has been "improved" over the original one I used with the old Kenmore I bought at goodwill. This is one of the threaders where you lay the thread crosswise to the needle, then run it down the needle while gently pushing until the little meal prong pushes the thread through the eye of the needle. Well they cut the slot that the needle slides down deeper than the slot the thread goes in, possibly in order to accomodate hand needles. As a result, the prong has a greater chance to slide out beside the thread, rather than pushing it through the eye. It will work, but you may have to give it a go two or three times to get it done, while the old Kenmore threader works nearly every time. They are still available through Sears, but they are going for about $17. Ouch!

The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible: Get the Most Out of Your Machine---From Using Basic Feet to Mastering Specialty Feet
by Wendy Gardiner
Price: $15.74
51 used & new from $12.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book for those of us with a foot fetish., April 15, 2014
This is the best book I've found to date explaining sewing machine feet and how to use them. Not only are the feet described, but also ideas are presented on how to use those feet. There are other areas well explained too, but for me, the feet did it.

Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Quilting Table, and Hard Cover
Price: $143.99
64 used & new from $129.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this sewing machine, but ............, April 15, 2014
I still found a few things to complain about. I admit, I was seduced by all the features. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to sell, trade, or in any way get rid of it. First of all, it is not a heavy duty machine by any standard. It even has problems hemming my trousers. That is why I picked up an older Kenmore from Goodwill and will probably buy a Singer heavy duty machine later this year. Second, it seems a bit more finicky about the tension setting than other machines I've used. I've started keeping a log of the settings I need for various weights of cloth and needle size combinations. So far, all the settings I've needed have all been around 3 to 3.3, but there are more combinations out there than I'll ever use. Still, I love the machine, and with the needle threader and drop-in bobbin, it is remarkably easy to use. So, unless you need a heavy duty sewing machine, give this one a try. You won't be sorry.

Stack-On DS-22 22 Drawer Storage Cabinet
Stack-On DS-22 22 Drawer Storage Cabinet
Price: $25.34
12 used & new from $18.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Good storage product for small parts, April 15, 2014
I bought two of these and am happy with them. They are perfect for my sewing table and even store my spools of thread, small tools and sewing machine accessories.

Invisible Zipper Foot (ESG-IZF) (SA128)
Invisible Zipper Foot (ESG-IZF) (SA128)
Offered by GO Carol(Ships From Hong Kong)
Price: $2.73
10 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Invisible feet, April 15, 2014
I bought this to complete my collection of zipper feet just in case I ever have to sew a zipper. I haven't used it yet, but it appears well made, and identical to the one called out in my sewing machines manual.

15pcs Sewing Machine Foot Feet For BROTHER,BABYLOCK,JANOME,ELNA,KENMORE
15pcs Sewing Machine Foot Feet For BROTHER,BABYLOCK,JANOME,ELNA,KENMORE
Offered by Vivishopping
Price: $18.85
9 used & new from $14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Feet.feet.feet etc., April 15, 2014
These worked out pretty well for me, as about a dozen of the feet can be used on my machine. It would help if the seller would indicate the size of each foot so the buyer would know if they fit his 5mm or 7mm machine.

Revlon Toenail Nipper 15106 (2 PACK)
Revlon Toenail Nipper 15106 (2 PACK)
Offered by BargainSide
Price: $8.54
6 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these nippers., April 15, 2014
These replace a larger nipper that grew legs and vanished during a move. They work well, even on my crusty old toenails. It does help to wash your feet first to soften the nails.

Hanns.G JC151A - Flat panel display - TFT - 15" - 1024 x 768 - 250 cd/m2 - 600:1 - 12 ms - VGA (HD-15) - silver

2.0 out of 5 stars Small Monitor, DOA., April 15, 2014
Did not work, tried it on three computers, one desktop and two portables. Not worth returning. So, I'll keep it.

The Sewing Machine Master Guide: From Basic to Expert
The Sewing Machine Master Guide: From Basic to Expert
by Clifford L Blodget
Price: $16.82
22 used & new from $16.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for us geeks, April 15, 2014
I learned more about sewing machines from this book than any other. It has good, no-nonsense advice and clear descriptions. This is not a book about sewing, this is a book about machines. If you need stitches and patterns, look elsewhere.

Susan Bates Plastic Deluxe Super Grip Embroidery Hoop, 10-Inch
Susan Bates Plastic Deluxe Super Grip Embroidery Hoop, 10-Inch
Price: $6.07
11 used & new from $1.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Large embroidery/darning foot., April 15, 2014
I bought this primarily for use darning with my machine, It does work, but the needle and presser foot don't lift high enough to allow the the hoop and fabric to slide underneath so I can sew. I finally wound up taking the darning foot off, then positioning the hoop, and then reinstalling the foot. Needless to say, having a open toe foot is a big help.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4