Profile for Quin Separable > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Quin Separable RSS Feed (Middleton)

Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1
Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1
DVD ~ Paul Bandey
Offered by Blue Moon Discounts
Price: $16.99
43 used & new from $0.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Enjoyable!, May 29, 2006
First off, let me start out by saying that I am 18 years old and yes, I absolutely LOVE this series. Now I must admit, when I first saw it I was too fond of it. However, I was attracted to the combination of animation styles that repressent the "real world" and Lyoko, and the theme song. (Probably the best theme song I have ever heard)

So, I continued to watch the series and began to fall in love with it. It's got lovable characters and interesting plot lines. People say that it's repetitive. I really don't agree. Yes, sometimes the same template is used (XANA attacks, one of the group members stay behind to occupy his attention, others to go Lyoko, Aelita deactivates the tower at the last possible second before the other team member is killed, launch a return to the past), but I never found it to get old.

And then in the Second Season, that "template" is hardly ever used seeing that a whole new plotline is introduced.

As far as the "horrible dubbing", it's not horrible. It's pretty good. I've watched the original French versions of the show and sometimes the voice overs were worse than the english ones. But lets face it...this is animation, not a real life drama. Of course the dubbing isn't going to always be exact!

And as far as "sterotypical characters" go, that's not prevelant in the show. Sure, you do have the snobby diva of the school ("Sissy") and the genuis (Jeremie), but what is so sterotypical about a virtual girl (Aelita)? Yumi is a Japanese girl who is just herself. I mean, sometimes characters like to "put on" a face which makes them seem different. Yumi doesn't. She seems quite comfortable with herself and really doesn't fit a sterotype . Ulrich is the same way. So is Odd (who yes, is kind of odd).

This show was aimed at pre-teens but there are many adults and teenages who love the show. This show has everything! From drama to comedy to action and adventure to romance. Top that off with enjoyable characters, awesome storylines, and a virtual world! Well it makes for such a great watch!

Disney's Kim Possible 2 Drakken Demise
Disney's Kim Possible 2 Drakken Demise
40 used & new from $0.95

4.0 out of 5 stars KP's Back to Save The World!, May 2, 2005
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First of all, I must say the graphics on this game ROCK! They are much better than the first, and as a bonus, you don't have to write down annoying passwords. Drawback: No clips from the episodes like in the first one.

Game Play: Pretty good except at first the moves can be somewhat confusing.

Levels: All pretty good.

Difficulty: It took me four days to beat this game instead of one (like the first one). Once you figure out the moves and which way to go it's pretty easy gameplay.

All in all, if you're a KP fan you'll enjoy this!

(...)

Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama (The Top-Secret Extended Edition)
Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama (The Top-Secret Extended Edition)
DVD ~ Christy Carlson Romano
Price: $6.53
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Disney Channel movie EVER!, April 10, 2005
I have watched this movie 3 times already since it came out on April 8th (as I'm writing this it is April 10th)

ANYWAY...

This is one of the best movies ever. Period.

The fighting scenes were kicked up a few notches (some hard punching done by Kim and even Shego draws a tiny bit of blood on Kim's arm).

The whole movie was fairly emotional . . . Kim gets a new boyfriend Erik and, at first Ron accepts him, but when Erik starts pushing him out of the picture, Ron gets jealous.

To make matters worse, something strange is going on with Bueno Nacho!

There's even a scene where Kim feels hopeless and RON'S the one to tell her *basically* not to give up.

This movie is a MUST for any cartoon fan!

Now, right now, Kim needs our help! Help bring her back by visiting: savedisneyshows.com and the MSN & Yahoo groups "Mission_Kim_Possible" to help us end the 65-episode policy and save her!

Also, one last note before I go: look on Ron's mirror for an awesome sign.