Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for FrequentFlyer78 > Reviews

Browse

FrequentFlyer78's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

FrequentFlyer78 "riwanami" RSS Feed

Travelpro Luggage Crew 8 22 Inch Expandable Rollaboard Suiter
Travelpro Luggage Crew 8 22 Inch Expandable Rollaboard Suiter

3.0 out of 5 stars Light carry-on case with suiter, but misleading ad, July 14, 2010
I bought it through Altman Luggage via Amazon. Total price was $159 including shipping. The case took exactly one week from the point I ordered through Amazon to when it arrived on my doorstep.

The case is much lighter than my generic brand 22inch roller I got from my dad many years ago. While the small booklet states that the case will not meet airline carry-on regulations when expanded, I have a feeling that it will fit in most non-regional overhead bins even when expanded.

The biggest issue I have is that the 22inch does not have inner mesh pockets inside the larger outer pocket, as the marketing photos on some websites show. (The pockets I'm talking about are not the two mesh pockets that are in the main compartment of the case). Many luggage sellers, including Amazon, show the same marketing photo for the 20inch and the 22inch models, where the outer pocket is opened and there are mesh pockets in there that hold an iPhone, pens, wallet, etc as well as a laptop sleeve. My 22inch does not have any of these pockets and sleeves. My cell phone, keys, wallets, and tickets will all be at the bottom of a fairly deep pocket, and not organized as in the photos. The lack of these small compartments to hold such items led me to take two stars off from my review. (Even $50 bags sold at Walmart have them)

Both the wheels and the handles seem fine, though I'm not sure how durable the plastic handle will be if I ever need to pick up the case at the handle when the case is packed full.

Overall, I'm happy with the case, but am disappointed by the misleading marketing photos.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2011 7:26 AM PDT