Profile for Pancrat > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pancrat RSS Feed (New England)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 13, 2011
I've been using RTN's vanilla Bionic Edge Whey for about 4 mo now as a means to get enough protein into my daily diet without the fat, cholesterol and calories that go with meat-based protein sources. The vanilla flavor goes great blended with a cup of frozen fruit, and a cup of skim milk for a fresh smoothie right after a workout. As with all protein powders, it's a nice boost of quickly-absorbable protein immediately when you need it most. Just tried the chocolate version which tastes good enough to drink on its own as chocolate milk - and it makes a great mocha coffee too!

Piano, Piano, Pieno: Authentic Food from a Tuscan Farm
Piano, Piano, Pieno: Authentic Food from a Tuscan Farm
by Susan McKenna Grant
Price: $31.28
51 used & new from $0.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, January 24, 2009
I just love cookbooks written with story. The story depicts rich images of farmlife in the Italian countryside, while sharing well-crafted recipes that sound so tempting. The couple I've tried have been fabulous. For an armchair gourmet tourist, it's a must-read!

Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black
Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black
Offered by TheFrenchMarket
Price: $19.99
32 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice design for a great french press!, October 16, 2008
I bought this coffeemaker after breaking the caraffe of my previous Bodum press. It's been great, and the molding around the bottom edge definitely is an improvement over my other model - it protects it from the everyday bumps. Big fan!

LitterMaid LM900 Mega Self-Cleaning Litter Box
LitterMaid LM900 Mega Self-Cleaning Litter Box

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 yr followup - 2 stars only, October 16, 2008
2-yr followup: 2-stars. I finally got through to the manufacturer to notify them of the burned-out motor. They kindly & quickly sent out another one (a refurb, I believe), but it didn't work either, right out of the box. When switched on, it ran continuously through the raking cycle, non-stop. So I have a very-expensive, old-fashioned, unplugged litterbox that we continue to use today.

12-month review: 2-stars. I bought the litterbox and gave it a great review after a month's use - it did what it was supposed to do, and made an unpleasant job quick and convenient. However, after 8 months of use, the motor seems to have gone on it. The power comes on, but there's no response from the motor. It's under warranty, but I'm still sorting it out with the manufacturer after 3 months of correspondence. Hoping to get to the bottom of it shortly. If they handle it fairly, I'll let you know. Otherwise, buyer-beware! It's alot of money for 6-months of convenience.

1-month review: 5-stars. I did my research, and was nervous buying into one of the Littermaid automatic boxes with so many mixed reviews. But with a 15 lb cat, a full time job and kiddos to care for, I decided to take a chance and buy the older 900 mega after reading they were more sturdy than the newer models. One month of regular use, and I love it!

Don't be fooled, you still have to maintain the box by emptying the waste tray every 3 or so days as it will smell. But knowing that my cat can reliably have a clean box to step into every time without constant maintanence - what a relief! It's worked exactly as it's supposed to every time - no complaints. One word of caution, be careful of the litter level, as that seems to be the #1 problem for the system. Found that out the second day when I misjudged the refill amount. You can hear the motor straining as it piles up over the rake; empty it by a cup or two and your back on track.

My 3 YO cat was hesitant to use it the first 48 hrs, and took to "holding it" for as long as possible since I'd taken the old-fashioned box straight-away. But I gently encouraged him by placing him in the box every 4 hrs or so, and after using it twice, he's taken to it with no further anxiety. He's never had an accident.

I took another reviewer's suggestion and lined my trays with plastic grocery bags cut to size, so there's minimal cost for refills.

No complaints, no regrets. I feel I got exactly what had been promised from the many positive reviews. Again, I can only vouch for the LM900 Mega model, but I'd definitely buy another should this one give up after a couple of years' use.