Profile for pion > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

pion RSS Feed

Incipio STOWAWAY  [Advance] for iPhone 6 Plus - White/Dark Gray
Incipio STOWAWAY [Advance] for iPhone 6 Plus - White/Dark Gray
Price: $18.73
29 used & new from $9.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable & convenient case would be perfect with a minor redesign, March 21, 2015
I bought this case directly from Incipio a few weeks after the iPhone 6 Plus came out, before Amazon had started carried it. I've been using it 100% of the time since then, so this review is written after 5 months of active use.

This case is great at exactly two things: Protecting your phone and carrying your essential cards. 5 stars for that. Minus 1 star for a terrible kickstand and a couple of small design flaws.

PROS
- Hard case is durable and has protected my phone from countless falls and scratches - case still holding up after 5 months with no visible damage. Hard enough to absorb impact but soft enough to not be brittle. Excellent protection.
- Wallet compartment easily holds two credit cards plus a US drivers license (or two cards and a folded US bill) and is generally easy to use.
- Case forms a nice, tight fit on your phone. Pretty easy to put on, a little harder to take off, but you get a sense of security when it’s on.
- Cards don’t rattle when you walk, or shake the phone.
- All port and sensor openings are correctly sized & shaped and don’t interfere with camera/flash usage or mic/speaker audio.
- Volume & sleep buttons work well and are protected.
- Mute switch is easily toggled.
- Kickstand was handy sometimes, in principle.

CONS
- Kickstand is absolutely flimsy and broke off from the case after about 2 months. Even before that, getting it to stably hold the phone up took some trial and error each time. Terrible design.
- No spare room in the wallet for even a single folded bill unless I remove one of the 3 cards. This was mentioned in the description, so it wasn’t a surprise, but I was hoping I could “overstuff” the compartment with a bill like I could with other wallet cases. The compartment won’t securely close if you try to do this, though.
- Discolors easily — my white case soon picked up the blue dye from my jeans and a general gray cast from everyday use, especially along the long vertical edges on the back. Not a big deal for me but it might bother you if you’re concerned about aesthetics.
- Cards are sometimes difficult to remove from the compartment. Not a big deal but might cost you a few extra seconds when you’re trying to rush through the checkout line and need to stop and try each of your fingernails to see if it will manage to snag one of your cards up from the case.

Overall I like the case enough to buy it again, but I really wish they’d update it with a redesigned kickstand and maybe a discoloration-resistant coating. Some sort of assisted card-removal mechanism would be great but I won't hold my breath. This case could easily be a 5-star product with these suggestions, though.

PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - White
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with 2007 Honda Accord, March 20, 2012
The contacts on this charger do not work at all with either of the power outlets in my 2007 Honda Accord EX-L. I have tried jiggling, rotating, wedging, reinserting, and every other motion I can think of to try to form a solid contact, but the most I've gotten is a couple of short blips from my iPhone indicating that it detects a power source; a moment later, the contact breaks and the phone no longer charges. This charger is absolutely unusable in my car.

However, I put charger in my girlfriend's 2002 VW Beetle and it works perfectly. So I just let her keep it instead of dealing with return shipping, and I ordered the Kensington K33497US PowerBolt Duo for myself.

So 1 star for not working in my car (and not warning me about it before ordering), but since it works fine in another car and I'd probably give it 5 stars if it worked in mine, I'm averaging it to 3.
Comment Comments (21) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2013 5:18 AM PDT