Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for L. B. Ekins > Reviews

Browse

L. B. Ekins' Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. B. Ekins "salesperson sceptic" RSS Feed (Orlando, FL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
ASICS Men's Gel Storm 2 Running Shoe,Granite/Black/Malibu,11 M US
ASICS Men's Gel Storm 2 Running Shoe,Granite/Black/Malibu,11 M US
Offered by Orva Stores
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Size Up Man!, January 31, 2015
I read the reviews on these shoes & ordered them 1/2 a size up from my regular size. I was a little apprehensive as there were those who said a full size up was needed...... Well, they were right. The 1/2 size was not enough and after a couple of walks I decided to exchange for 1 size up. - There was only about 1/4 inch from my toe to the front of the shoe & my feet did feel very cramped. Remember that your feet also swell about a half size during the course of the day so try them at the end of the day.....
Exchange was a breeze & I just finished using my new, bigger shoes now and it was definitely a marked improvement! For the price these are unbeatable for a casual walker/jogger.
Love the design, the budget price & Amazon's ease of exchange policy - Size UP man!!!

TaoTronics Universal Car Mount Mobile Phone Holder for iPhone 6/6+/5s/5c, Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/Note 4/3, Google Nexus 5/4 - TT-SH02

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticks like Superglue!, January 25, 2015
Awesome product. Use it for my fairly sizeable phone & it is perfect. Sturdy, never seems like it is going to fall under the weight & allows me to use my phone safely as a GPS.

Hell On Wheels: Season 1
Hell On Wheels: Season 1
DVD ~ Anson Mount
Price: $11.99
36 used & new from $6.67

2.0 out of 5 stars Yawn...., January 25, 2015
This review is from: Hell On Wheels: Season 1 (DVD)
The Premise looked interesting, & I am a keen AMC drama watcher but this was just too hard to get through. Think of every Western cliché there is & they had it in the show (saloons, whiskey, gun slingers, bad guys, Irish immigrants, "ladies of the night"...)
Just didn't find the characters engaging & will not be watching further.

Energizer CR1620 Lithium Battery, Card of 5 *ORMD
Energizer CR1620 Lithium Battery, Card of 5 *ORMD
Offered by JGEnterprise
Price: $3.94
38 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Price, January 25, 2015
Bargain!!! Needed 2 new Car Key Batteries & found these little beuties for 20% of the price. Very happy

Fitbit One Clip, Black
Fitbit One Clip, Black
Price: $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Beginner Exercise Tracker, January 25, 2015
I spent a lot of time reviewing this product along with the entire FitBit line & I think I made the right choice! This is a very good step tracker for someone who does light activity during the week & isn't a major exerciser/in training & as far as I can tell is pretty close to accurate as I think anything else out there could get. I especially like the fact that it can be very subtly worn on my belt, even at the office & you can barely notice it is there. Most of my colleagues have the Flex and they frequently forget to put it on before they leave for work, for example, or because it needs to be charged, which is a lot more frequently than the One (about 10-12 day charge so far after a month). It also counts stairs climbed which is motivating (oh I'll just take the stairs instead of the elevator etc..). The main feature I like is the ability to "start an activity" by pressing the button down for a few seconds. It essentially starts a stop watch which gives you data between a start & finish time that you give it (Flex doesn't have this feature). Then you can go in to your dashboard online to see exactly how many steps you took, distance & you can edit the activity by naming it or even deleting it if you need (it won't subtract from your overall step total, it just deletes that stop/start cycle). Also like the fact there is a display (again Flex does not so you always have to connect to your app to see your steps) for easy updates throughout the day.
I read a lot of reviews about the clip.... I feel like a lot of people just don't take care of the clip enough. It is made of silicon so just needs to be used carefully to avoid stretching. I bought an extra one so I have both black & burgundy colors and both cases fit snuggly & don't ever feel like they are going to come off my belt. Remember you can also leave the case alone & simply pop the One into your pocket (good for the jean wearers using that little right hand pocket you have in your jeans...)
I got this for Christmas & have lost about 5% of my body weight simply by making smarter choices which you don't think about until you see how many steps things actually take (parking in the farthest car parking spot, taking stairs, getting up from desk every hour for a 5 minute walkabout etc etc...) & overall I am very happy. The best thing is the ability to invite friends to challenges & track each others daily progress for extra motivation.
Only negatives so far is that it sometimes counts a minor amount of steps in the car (I have fairly rigid suspension), but still, you can go back & remove these fake steps if necessary, and tends to add floor climbs randomly. I would say that Fitbit have done a not so great job on the App which often fails to sync or give the right numbers but I think as time goes by they will iron out these tech oddities with firmware updates and the like so I am not that concerned.
...Will be using this for a long time to come....

Reading Poker Tells
Reading Poker Tells
by Zachary Elwood
Price: $19.95
48 used & new from $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Caro of the modern generation, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Reading Poker Tells (Paperback)
This is actually a very simple book but some of the concepts seem so obvious now that I have read it. I play low stakes so tells as a general rule are not massively profitable but I think as you move up the ranks these concepts would really help. Deserves to be in any poker players library who takes his or her game seriously and is looking to make money & improve.

Lost: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]
Lost: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Naveen Andrews
Offered by BTS Bargains
Price: $499.99
13 used & new from $185.30

5.0 out of 5 stars What a steal, May 8, 2013
This was available for $100 a while back & I am so glad to have bought it. It is a very cool collectors edition & have been slowly rewatching what will always be a classic network show!

Breaking Bad: Season Four
Breaking Bad: Season Four
DVD ~ Bryan Cranston
Price: $14.99
39 used & new from $5.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad is oh so good..., May 8, 2013
This review is from: Breaking Bad: Season Four (DVD)
Not enough good things to say about this show. Don't think I've seen a better Season finale in my life - A jaw dropper.

Homeland: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Homeland: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Damian Lewis
Price: $22.33
71 used & new from $3.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what all the fuss is about, May 8, 2013
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad show, but it just doesn't scream Emmy & Golden Globe winner in my eyes. It feels overacted & a little far fetched in the same ilk as 24. And the wife is just as annoying and oblivious to anything as the wife in 24!! To its credit it does finish well but I was honestly left disappointed after such hype but more so for Damian Lewis who I loved in Band of Brothers as "Winters" and in this seems awkward & too rigid. Will not be buying the 2nd season

iHome iHM61 3.5mm Aux Color Changing Portable Mono Speaker
iHome iHM61 3.5mm Aux Color Changing Portable Mono Speaker
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Where is that sound coming from...?, May 8, 2013
This is a superb product. It is tiny (smaller than a computer mouse) which makes at inconspicuous but the sound is actually pretty impressive. Don't expect Bose quality but for a Mono Speaker it does a great job. The color effects are cool too & the battery life along with the ease of the USB port for charging make this a great purchase. One thing to note is that it does not have its own volume control so your range will depend on the hardware you are using. I plugged mine into my IPOD Nano and at about 4/5 of the max volume on the nano, had it about right for a small room.
Got it for 20 bucks & consider this a great deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3