Profile for Aceto > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 843

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aceto "All Knowledge is Sorrow" RSS Feed
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Breitsamer Creamy Honey in Jar, Rapsflower, 17.6 Ounce
Breitsamer Creamy Honey in Jar, Rapsflower, 17.6 Ounce
Offered by Rocky Kimpel
Price: $17.65
5 used & new from $17.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the Bee Chain, March 4, 2015
We like our honeys and have tried many. Breitsamen's Rapsflower Blossom Honey is one of the best honeys we have found. It is my wife's hands down favorite. My favorite is Acacia Honey. We bought a 5 gallon locally harvested raw honey at a charity auction which took our family a little time to go through, but when we were done--my wife went out and bought herself another jar of this Creamy Rapsflower.

It is sweet and flavorful. Savory, if you like. Perfect in a cup of tea or anywhere you want to taste the flavor of the honey rather than the sweetness.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2015 8:00 AM PST

Breitsamer Honey Rapsflower Creamy (6x17.6oz )
Breitsamer Honey Rapsflower Creamy (6x17.6oz )
Offered by Buy Wholesale Cheap
Price: $69.21
4 used & new from $51.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the Bee Chain, March 4, 2015

Breitsamer Creamy Honey in Jar, Rapsflower, 17.6 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Breitsamer Creamy Honey in Jar, Rapsflower, 17.6 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by Peters Select

LAPSANG SOUCHONG N°210
Offered by Kusmi Tea
Price: $17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A Credibly Good Tea, March 4, 2015
This review is from: LAPSANG SOUCHONG N°210 (Misc.)
This Lapsang Souchong is the kind of tea they brewed in the olden days, outside and in the smoke of the wood fire. Smooth, full taste, nice smoky notes. I can drink a pot of it by myself in a late morning or afternoon. Two pots when my wife is around and joins me. It is relaxing and soothing.

I've offered a cup to a cabinet maker and apprentice working in our kitchen. They rave and each day they are here, want more. It's that good.

We now have 4 favorite standbys:
1. Lipton Orange Jaipur (sold in France and I can't find here in the US)
2. Grey Duchess
3. Persian Tea (˝ Earl Grey, ˝ Darjeeling with crushed white cardamon)
4. this Kusmit Tea Lapsang Soughing No. 210

We've been drinking the this Lapsang Souchong almost exclusively this winter. When you open the tin you get the aroma of sweet smokiness, pleasant, not overwhelming. The single ingredient on the tin says: Smoked black China tea. I take mine with lemon and honey, please.

SAMOVAR
SAMOVAR
4 used & new from $53.65

5.0 out of 5 stars A Credibly Good Tea, March 3, 2015
This review is from: SAMOVAR (Misc.)
Samovar is the kind of tea they brewed in the olden days, outside and in the smoke of the wood fire. Smooth, full taste, nice smoky notes. I can drink a pot of it by myself in a late morning or afternoon. Two pots when my wife is around and joins me. It is relaxing and soothing.

Its expensive. --But a heaping tablespoon brewed 5 minutes makes a good pot of tea. This is a Russian blend of lightly smoked black teas from India and China. The smokiness is surprising and pleasant. Kismet offers another fine smoky tea, the Lapsang Soughing No. 210. I take mine with lemon and honey, please.

Pandamimi ULAK Silver PC Aluminum Steel Hard Cover Case For iPhone 4 4S 4G with Screen Protector
Offered by Pandamimi-The Great ULAK Case Company
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars She's Happy. I'm Happy., March 3, 2015
My wife's OtterBox needed replacement. She didn't want to spend the money because hers will be the next phone to replace.

I found this case. It is perfect. It came with 2 screen protectors.

Easy to assemble and operate. Good looking and professional.

Cheaaap but well made.

Root Naturally Jiffy-7 42mm Peat Pellets - 50 Count
Root Naturally Jiffy-7 42mm Peat Pellets - 50 Count
Offered by Root.Naturally
Price: $9.71
3 used & new from $9.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Successful, March 3, 2015
My wife can kill any plant or seed, so she says. Rather than go to the nursery to buy early Spring plants for her garden, she tried these Peat Pellets this year, a full 150 of them. They were far cheaper on Amazon than at our local nurseries.

These are fail proof!
We have 150 plants and total success.

But we have a problem--
Once they sprouted, she gave them to me along with the seed packages, to figure out which goes to which.

Cetaphil Baby Ultra Moisturizing Wash with Organic Calendula, 7.8 Ounce
Cetaphil Baby Ultra Moisturizing Wash with Organic Calendula, 7.8 Ounce
Price: $4.79
3 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars "My Baby And Me, We're 'Bout As Happy As Babies Can Be...",, February 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Soothing on baby’s skin and mine, I’ve snuck this drop-resistant nubby bottle into MY shower. A small amount lathers and spreads well. It rinses clean and leaves my skin feeling comfortable without feeling oily. I like that this Baby Ultra Moisturizing Wash is 1/3 baby lotion blended with organic calendula. I believe, it will be gentle on baby’s delicate skin. It feels gentle on mine and we live in the dry desert. It smells good too, almost like baby powder. I like it and feel comfortable using it on an infant or toddler.

Cetaphil is a familiar and trusted name for us. Our family’s dermatologist recommended Cetaphil cleaners and moisturizers for my wife and teen years ago for acne-prone, sensitive skin. Cetaphil says its formula is tested and found hypoallergenic. It is also free of parabens, dyes and mineral oils.

I have only one small caution, and recommend you do your own research. My reading on the WebMD website is that calendula helps calm skin irritations and inflammation but families with known sensitivities to ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds or, daisies may want to be watchful for signs of allergies. I believe this is more a caution for persons ingesting calendula flowers or supplements. But it is always good to be watchful and notice any changes in skin conditions especially with infants.

Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake, Berry, 15 Ounce
Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake, Berry, 15 Ounce
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Unlike Stone Soup, This Stone Smoothie Stands Up on Its Own, February 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We like to feed and impress a vegan friend of ours with our ability to find cook new, interesting foods for him. He raves over my wife's smoothies so we three decided to put the Vega One-in-One Shake through its paces. We tested one mixed berry small tub.

We added 1 scoop to 10 oz of ice and 5 oz of water and fed it through our Waring Commercial MX1200XTX Xtreme Hi-Power Variable-Speed Food Blender with Raptor Copolyester Container, 64-Ounce.

SMELL: There was an initial freshness to the smell, pleasant and not overpowering. Smell is fruity, vanilla and almost melon. The berry is very distinct.

TASTE: We sensed a rich vanilla flavor. We distinctly taste the berries and the greens. The taste is very creamy taste without being thick. The creaminess coats the inside of your mouth. The stevia leaves a lingering sweetness on the tongue and on the back of the mouth. The melon that we smelt was probably the mixture of papaya with strawberry and cherry flavors.

TEXTURE: Completely smooth. No sense of seeds or fiber.

NUTRITIONAL VALUE: Our vegan friend's reaction is that he will not use it strictly as substitute for whole foods. It is a nice supplement and can be used as a quick meal replacement. It is chock full of super foods and more than our friend has ever seen in any one product including mangosteen, goji, spirulina, maca root, acai, flax seed oil, hemp protein, and shitake mushrooms.

To the unadulterated mixture we added one BANANA. This gave the smoothie more body and we could taste the banana distinctly on top of the other flavors. It was a definite improvement cutting the stevia and only one banana was needed.

We then added one heaping teaspoon of roasted PEANUT BUTTER. On top of the banana, the peanut butter gave the smoothie a deep richness and body. It's addition again improved the flavor.

My wife then added 4 oz of 100% APPLE CIDER and declared the results as good as her own. The nuttiness and other flavors were distinctly recognizable and the apple juice added a freshness. While my and my friend's expectations of powdered smoothie mixes are low, this Vega One--while having a mildly cloying sweetness--was surprisingly palatable and delicious.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20