Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Aceto > Reviews

Browse

Aceto's Profile

Customer Reviews: 934
Top Reviewer Ranking: 912

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aceto "Life is shipwreck and we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats" RSS Feed (The high desert)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
MUkitchen 100%  Quilted Cotton Pot Holder, 9 by 9 inches, Surf
MUkitchen 100% Quilted Cotton Pot Holder, 9 by 9 inches, Surf
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Time for a Better Design, May 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had my ratty old mitt for over two decades of daily use. One day I felt the heat of my 550 degree monster oven through my mitt. After barely getting my big iron tray out, I sat and looked at my old, now grubby, companion. It was just worn thin.

This pocketed holder is a big improvement right away. Easier than grabbing my simple old one, it fits my large hand. If you have a small hand, you may not get use from the pocketed design, but the double quilt should serve you admirably.

Easy to wash. Loop for my hook. I have an easy grab with my right hand in the pocket. Fine build quality cotton.

OXO Steel Double Lever Waiter's Corkscrew, Silver/Black
OXO Steel Double Lever Waiter's Corkscrew, Silver/Black
Price: $14.99
80 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little pocket companion, May 22, 2016
Double Lever takes the toil out of getting to my wine. The initial angle is where you need the most leverage to get that cork unstuck. But that same angle works against you before you are halfway done. So there is a second position that completes the job, even on those long corks used for the most expensive wines.

Yes, there are several contraptions that do it all just as easily, but none fits in my pocket without notice. I am always ready with this sleek tool. It does bottle caps, and has a nice this and short blade to take care of that wrapper.

The build quality is second to none.

Michael Kors Women's Cooper Silver-Tone Watch MK6273
Michael Kors Women's Cooper Silver-Tone Watch MK6273
Price: $250.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional Style, May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The simple face is beautiful! This particular font for the roman numerals is classically elegant. The ridging on the background of the face gives just enough understated detail and texture. The very hands of the watch announce quality. If you like this kind of design, you will find here a fine statement.

The all-silver color does make it versatile, but also looks a touch like a man's watch. I also wish the band were smaller to be a bit more flattering for my delicately boned wrist, but I can change the band; this band will work well for many others. Whatever suits your wrist, this large watch face is flattering; it enhances the smallness of my wrist. To give an idea, this watch face is 39mm which is 1.54 inches in diameter; its on the border of a medium, getting into a large face watch for a woman.

Setting the watch was fairly easy to do when following instructions. You should also expect to get it sized.

This watch has a date box and three mini-dials on its face which track 60 seconds, 60 minutes, and 24 hours. The "hours" dial keeps track of hours in the day, showing military time. This is good if you are in a foreign country and you need to check time for a train timetable, for example. The "seconds" and "minutes" dials are for the stopwatch. At first I didn’t think I'd use the stopwatch feature, but now that I have it I find it convenient for little things, like timing how long my baby takes for feedings. Pretty nice! Both the date and time are pretty easy to set after looking at the instructions.

I like that this style is water resistant for washing hands, shower and bathing, swimming and snorkeling to about 300 feet in depth (far below safe snorkeling without a tank). The metal band needs to be cleaned with a soft brush dipped in mild soapy water before being dried thoroughly with a soft cloth.

Pharma GP Vilact Skin Lotion, 3.36 Ounce
Pharma GP Vilact Skin Lotion, 3.36 Ounce
Price: $39.67

5.0 out of 5 stars ... cream that absorbs well into my skin and feels like it leaves a protective non-greasy coating that immediately helped ..., May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Vilact with Lactoactive is a heavy skin cream that absorbs well into my skin and feels like it leaves a protective non-greasy coating that immediately helped my skin and my fingertips feel plump and smooth. It seems to give my 60-year old skin more elasticity and just plain feel good. The texture of my fingers stayed plump and moistened 4 hours after applying; that is something for me. The back of the tube says you can apply twice a day. At $46 for 3.36 fl oz on the website, I won’t be applying it more frequently. I’m glad that Amazon’s price for a one-time purchase is by comparison, only $40. It smells a little like almonds, a smell about which I am neutral. I expected to be underwhelmed by a skin lotion that cost $11.90 an ounce. Instead I’m feeling surprisingly impressed and yes, I dare say--loving it.

I could not peel the label off well to read the ingredients or so I went to the website.

There it explained that this skin lotion contains Almond Oil, Shea butter and Jojoba Oil. And that Lactoactive is a highly refined colostrum! Colostrum has been in the news over the last years with claims that it promotes fast healing. I guess that is why Vilact touts that it has become the Number 1 cream in Scandinavia and won the “Best Natural Skincare Product Scandinavia Award 2015”. The Danish company Pharma GP who also makes a Lip Balm and the Vilact Skin Cream also with Lactoactive for damaged and sensitive skin makes this Vilact Skin Lotion.

I remembered that colostrum is supposed to be very good but didn’t remember why. So I went to Wikipedia.

There it explains that colostrum is produced from the mammary glands of mammals in late pregnancy. Colostrum contains antibodies and proteins that remain active longer before breaking down. Since its antibodies and proteins last longer in the skin and, according to Vilact developers, have no known side effects, they claim the lotion can be more therapeutic in giving healing relief.

4 hours later and my skin still feels good and there is a slight tingling sensation. The FAQ states that it is okay for people with milk allergies to use this because the lotion contains no milk product but rather “only the natural carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals, growth stimulating and immune boosting agents that are withdrawn from the colostrum.”

The website says the lotion treats skin problems like cold sores, fungus, eczema, rosacea, pigmentation disorders, cracked heals, acne, hives, psoriasis and diaper rash.

It has no allergens, parabens, dyes, perfumes or endocrine disruptors. I imagine from my skin’s reaction that the next time my granddaughter develops a bad diaper rash that’s not healing right away we will turn to Vilact. Meanwhile I will use this for more serious skin problems and report back.

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 for Mac | Mac Key Card
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 for Mac | Mac Key Card
Price: Click here to see our price
59 used & new from $139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Sailing on my Mac, May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A few days ago I gave this same software 4 stars for all the trouble I had installing it on my new HP Envy. Once I finally combed out all the snarls from its convoluted installation, it worked just fine.

Now, I got a version for my Mac Mini Server because Apple in my newest operating system upgrade, stopped supporting my Microsoft Office files. So now this. Funny thing is, the version for Mac went in without one glitch. Literally 7 times faster than loading the PC version for Windows 10, with all the dead ends and try something else detours.

And it works great. But I was flying along so well, I forgot to decline all the marketing junk. Go figure. With Excel.

Foster Grant Eyezen Digital Glasses - Black/Black/Satin Gun Metal
Foster Grant Eyezen Digital Glasses - Black/Black/Satin Gun Metal
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasant improvement these glasses make., May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These make an immediate difference in the clarity of my screens. I can actually see all of the resolution I am so dearly paying for.

But the real advantage, that fifth star, comes from wearing these for several hours. I am not getting the fatigue I normally have by mid-morning. I am not getting that pressure from glare.

These are finally, better for my eye health. And soooo light!

Ubbi Tweat Snack Container, Green, 9 Ounce
Ubbi Tweat Snack Container, Green, 9 Ounce
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Tested. Mom and Dad Approved., May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Ubbi Tweat Container is easy to handle and maneuver for our 6-month old.

>Weighted bottom helps keep cup upright even after accidental drops.
>The silicon center bladder holds snacks in place so they don’t spill which for us is important when we are out in public places, which can be dirty.
>The lid screws tight for mom and dad, snaps open and shut for baby.
>Airtight lid keeps food fresh, tasty and CLEAN.
>Long grip handles make it easy for our daughter to hold and control.

Yes, this is more expensive than other brands or even a zip lock bag. But the good design makes it an easy addition to throw in a diaper bag and take along when traveling outside. The plastic container seems durable. And that allows me to enjoy baby more and feel less frustrated with cleaning or anxious when our daughter wants it back but it dropped on a dirty surface. I feel comfortable wiping the container with a diaper or sanitary wipe and away we go.

Graco Bumper Jumper, Bear Trail
Graco Bumper Jumper, Bear Trail
Offered by Toys US
Price: $53.86
6 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Jumpin' Baby Flash, It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!, May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Graco Bumper Jumper is a lot of fun for our curious 6-month old daughter. It allows her to be part of the room activity in an upright position without being held. It is easy to set up and easy to hang using a doorway header trim as the stop.

This cute jumper is more interesting for her because it puts her in the standing position she wants and allows us the freedom to cook, fill the dishwasher and do general chores more normally, pre-baby. It is far more compact that a floor jumper and I believe safer than moving roller walkers. It folds and fits in our closet when not in use.

I like that it is durable, built to last and easily moved from one door to another. The non-twist straps allow her to bounce and change orientation to what ever is going on around her and she likes that. The tray does make the bouncer bulky for the standard doors in our downtown Philly home. What this means for us, is that hung from the center of the door, it is cumbersome for us to pass through and when she holds her hand over the tray she is more likely to hit her fingers against the door jams. For homes like ours, it would have been preferable to have a removable tray. I do like that the tray and seat clean easily with a sponge and the seat can be put in the washing machine.

So, our only drawback is the largess in our standard doorway. But with her happy, I can deal with it until she’s walking on her own.

Mantova Golden Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 34-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
Mantova Golden Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 34-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
Offered by Fine Italian Food
Price: $27.99
5 used & new from $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong and clean at a good price, May 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mantova is the negotiant for this oil. They are one of many in the giant Lucca oil market in Northern Italy. They do not grow olives. This product is represented as being 100% extra virgin AND as 100% from Italian cold pressed olives. This is not to suggest that similar quality olives are not grown from Portugal to Turkey. They sell many of their their oils at the Lucca market as well. The only oils I have found to be at the 5 star level have been both FIRST cold pressed AND from the same estate. That puts you at a price point that begins at about 50% higher than this oil, and more usually at 100-400% higher.

Tasting the oil, the nose is fresh and strong. Warming it a little produces an intoxicating bouquet, but use no more heat than it takes to first make you smell the magnified scent. The taste is sharply peppery, with a buttery feel and long finish. The color is a lightly green yellow. Color does not mean much to me. I have had bright golden oil to emerald green, both good and bad, both filtered and unfiltered. But this Mantova is what good olive oil tastes like. I prefer it to Kirkland. And I have gotten some pretty rotten counterfeit cold pressed extra virgin oil at Whole Foods.

Because Mantova is a negotiator that buys and blends its product, you have variation from bottle to bottle. It seems to me that they do a good job of buying and blending. Time will tell. But there are other well written reviews here, so you should read as many as you can, er, stomach.

Try some just with fresh bread or toast. Add a little cheese or salt. With some lemon on the fish on your plate. On white bean salad. With smashed garlic on pasta. A spoonful on your soup. Thank you for your time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2016 4:33 PM PDT

Born Free Breeze 9 oz. Transition Drinking Cup, 1-Pack (Green)
Born Free Breeze 9 oz. Transition Drinking Cup, 1-Pack (Green)
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Training, May 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There is definitely a learning curve to this transition bottle. And if you need it for nutrition/hydration right away, you'll probably be frustrated and disappointed. But I like it for training, although I would recommend the version with handles and a smaller bottle, since it's much easier for my daughter to handle. She can't drink from it yet, but she's having fun.

It's nice that it's drip free, since otherwise liquid would be EVERYWHERE. The non-drip feature means that liquid is not going to dribble out all over her or her face, or that she will choke because it's coming out too quickly. On the other hand, our 6-month old hasn't yet figured out how to drink from it, which is sort of the point.

BUT that's okay! For the moment it means that she can explore. We fill it with a little water and let her play. This version is okay, and the tapered neck is nice for handling. But again, we prefer the version with a smaller bottle and the lid with handles. It's much easier for her to manipulate. The top is softer too, and she likes gumming the lid and getting the feel of it all. At first she had no idea how to drink from it, and was just playing with the bottle. We're on the second stage, where she gets a little bit of water and immediately spits it out. She's amused, and I'm just glad we started with water and not milk. I'm pretty sure she'll get the hang of it eventually, so I am not disappointed that she's not actually drinking.

Also, dishwasher safe on the top shelf. Another detail: The drip free spout is removable for older babies!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20