Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Aceto > Reviews

Browse

Aceto's Profile

Customer Reviews: 704

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aceto "All Knowledge is Sorrow" RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Skip Hop Stroll and Go Three-Season Toddler Footmuff, Black
Skip Hop Stroll and Go Three-Season Toddler Footmuff, Black
Price: $100.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks Versatility for Urban Parents--Otherwise, Nearly Perfect, September 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I much prefer baby buntings to snowsuits up until my baby is walking. Buntings can be quick and easy on/off, don’t smoother a child with too much bulk over clothing and they can allow a sleeping child to remain sleeping (without all the disturbance of taking each arm and leg out of the suit to avoid overheating once the child is indoors). That is, if the bunting is designed well.

My favorite winter bunting bar none, has slots for legs and no arms. We transported our first child in such a design from stroller to car seat to child backpack. No problem. She stayed warm and easily fell asleep. No matter whether she was in a car or commuting on dad’s back-- she developed deep sleeps. Regrettably that design, so perfect for urban parents, is now harder to find.

This bunting has advantages. I like the layers for changes in seasonal weather. I like the arms contained inside the bag so no lost gloves and my child can touch her hands and have good movement inside the bag. It too is easy on/off, which means less frustration for my child and her parent. But this uni-bag approach without separate leg space limits urban parents to stroller and most car seats. The bag fits best in the stroller. The open back vertical slats (held by velcro) accommodate changes in seat belt height for many if not most car seats. It does not fit well in a child backpack. The added bulk around the child’s lower torso when the legs hang through the backpack seat is disappointing. If you can get your child through the backpack without uncomfortable bulk, the legs are no longer protected from the cold. This omission is more important to me than unzipping for dirty shoes. Shoes can fall off where a walking parent cannot spot them.

I like everyting about the Skip Hop Toddler Footmuff’s construction, materials, hood and upper area for playing with hands--I just wish it had leg slots. Then it would be perfect for parents in walking cities. I hope Skip Hop will consider a model for urbanites.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2015 4:11 PM PDT

Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim-Mobile for Cribs (new for 2015!)
Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim-Mobile for Cribs (new for 2015!)
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $28.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Remember, this Design is for Baby, NOT for Us., September 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This mobile is designed to visually stimulate an infant during development. The instructions clearly lay out how this mobile is supposed to be used, and how to tell if a baby is interested. As the baby needs something new to look at, or gets older and more developed, you can switch out the pictures.

Because the mobile is meant for infants, who are only beginning to develop sight, it may be much less appealing to you or me, as adults with more or less fully developed sight. The design is a little utilitarian: plastic parts, no motorized movement, and designs that are more about high-contrast than being cute. So not typically what we think of for a baby's room. But, since infants have better peripheral vision than center vision and poor resolution, the high contrast images are theoretically better at capturing a baby's attention.

This is a rare instance when the user is first, unlike so many things that mean to sell to the parent to the pet owner. As a PhD neuroscience mom--That's Five smart stars!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2015 4:01 PM PDT

Wrangler Men's Authentics Long Sleeve Premium Plaid Shirt, Vintage Indigo Plaid, 2X
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Work Shirt But in the X-Series Appears Too Tapered Across the Chest and Belly and Did not Fit—RUNS SMALL, September 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are familiar with the Wrangler brand, this is the quality that you have come to expect. If you are not familiar with the brand the quality exceeds expectations of durability, cost and quality. This is no exception.

My only complaint is the size in the X series appears to run small. I normally wear a 2X. This did not fit.

But let me describe the shirt. This feels like Indian madras fabric which is a cotton summer weight with looser weave. Good for work clothes outside or casual wear on a hot summer day. Made in Bangladesh it is 100% Cotton. The collar, neck and button column along the front do not have a reinforced inner core like more expensive dress shirts; the shirt doesn’t take collar stays. The neck and collar will not have that crisp finished look even if starched. It’s a casual shirt. It does have two front pockets, stitched on the outside for extra durability. The length is good. Meant to fit into a pair of jeans. The buttons appear to be a durable plastic like most shirt buttons these days. The buttons are sewn on for extra durability, not just a couple of stitches but beefy attachment. All the stiching is what you might expect from a more expensive shirt. The plaid box weave is attractive and understated with grey, rust and white.

If you need to look good while you are working, this is the shirt to throw on. Only get the right size. I’m disappointed that the X-series runs small and appears tapered, because it’s a good quality shirt.

Amope Pedi Perfect Pedicure/Manicure Electronic Nail Care System-File, Buff, and Shine Nails effortlessly-3 Refills and AA Battery Included
Offered by Beauty and Health 4 life
Price: $37.89
3 used & new from $33.40

4.0 out of 5 stars I am a pedi file and proud of it., September 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was disappointed when I first opened the frustration laden package to eventually crack open a rather cheap looking device of questionable moral standing. I was feeling more than normally stupid until the battery insulation shield fell from the battery/Brinks twist cap. NOW the thing turns on.

But I was really crestfallen when I fitted the coarse attachment and threw the switch to high. With my footsies, I was hoping for a few horsepower rig that tore threw my foot debris like a belt sander running 60 grit bark stripper.

Instead I got a gentle persistent hum that efficiently made its way around my nail, and then took down the Continental Divide that was left after a charming bout of nail fungus.

You see, I am the kind of impatient nit-wit (a nit is the egg of a louse) who wants enough power to bloody my toes after blasting through whatever is in my way.

Instead I got a well designed gadget that shapes, smooth's and polishes my tootsies. Restraint is the greater part of courage. Besides it gets easier as you progress.

Graco Literider Click Connect Travel System, Sully
Graco Literider Click Connect Travel System, Sully
Price: $169.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lite Rider it is; and it is strong and easy., August 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is just two pieces, not a system. The infant car seat easily slides into place when storing. The shell itself is strong enough and has a nice piece to cradle the head.

The stroller has basic transportation and works well in suburban and even urban sidewalks and such. The wheels are just big enough to negotiate easily though they are not wheel bearing for smooth turning. The frame took a lot of stress and torque from me with no ill effect.

Two positions for the toddler stroller, good enough for a snooze but not for lying flat. Shading works. The manufacturer's instructions say the parent carrying tray can carry 3 pounds and the underneath tray 10. That's enough to carry a purse on top and a baby bag underneath. We are warned not to attach bags to the push rail so although the Graco Literider satisfies basic transportation, it is not really suited for carrying groceries or purchases like I need in an urban city. Not a baby SUV, but priced cheap enough and easy to have around and about.

Wrangler Men's Authentics Long Sleeve Classic Woven Shirt,Caviar,2X
Wrangler Men's Authentics Long Sleeve Classic Woven Shirt,Caviar,2X
Price: $17.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Work Shirt But in the X-Series Appears Too Tapered Across the Chest and Belly and Did not Fit, August 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

But let me describe the shirt. This feels like chambray fabric which is a double-ply cotton with tight weave but since this fabric does not have a white filler woven thread, this Wrangler fabric is probably closer to a light weight denim. It is rugged but light. Good for work clothes outside or casual wear. Made in Bangladesh it is 100% Cotton. The collar, neck and button column along the front do not have a reinforced inner core like more expensive dress shirts; the shirt doesn’t take collar stays. The neck and collar will not have that crisp finished look even if starched. It’s a casual shirt. It does have two front pockets, stitched on the outside for extra durability. The length is good. Meant to fit into a pair of jeans. The buttons appear to be a durable plastic like most shirt buttons these days. The buttons are sewn on for extra durability, not just a couple of stitches but beefy attachment. All the stiching is tight and what you would expect from a more expensive shirt.

If you need to look good while you are working, this is the shirt to throw on. Only get the right size. I’m disappointed that the X-series runs small and appears tapered, because it’s a great quality shirt.

DII Oceanique Shower Curtain 100% Polyester, Machine Washable, for Everyday Use, Kids, Teens, Extra Bathroom, Main Bathroom 72 x 72", Eggplant Ombre Chevron
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits the Basic Need at a Competitive Price, August 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We recently removed the glass enclosure to our tub so I've spent the last week looking at shower curtains. This DII Oceanique compares to the cloth shower curtains I found at Bed, Bath and Beyond where the range, even on clearance was still $20-60. I did not find any that I thought were great. All are pretty basic and the pattern provides the color. This pattern works for us because of the darker lines become lighter as the eye moves up the pattern so the curtain does not appear fatiguing in our opposite full glass mirror. The mauve color is soothing. In my opinion the fabric weight is light, not exceeding light, but still light.

We have a white Restoration Hardware bath rug and the two compliment. I installed a curved shower rod pretty high up the wall. The length of this DII Oceanique falls about where you see in the advertised picture which suits. $20 at the time of this review and Prime Shipping would make this an easy choice for me since I couldn't find any that I liked a lot. I feel fortunate to have received this in exchange of a fair review.

V-LIGHT LED Energy-Efficient Pyramid Style Desk Lamp with USB Charging Port and 3-Level Touch Dimming Switch, Black (VSLD363BN)
Price: $52.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pyramid shines, August 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have taken my old three way torch away from my desk. It is in the back of my home office, where it does what it does best, bounce light off the ceiling. This not-so-little replacement now sits atop my desk, lighting up everything with a nice warm white.

My desk is 4x3 feet so it takes a lot to cover well. I need to read several open books and three keyboards. The other, lower setting are just right for less intense work sessions.

The nice cantilever design gives broad coverage because of the way the LED light falls away along the arm. You can easily finger down the end of the arm to keep your eyes out of any glare.

NOCO XGrid XGB3L 11Wh Rugged USB Battery Pack and 250 Lumen Tactical LED Flashlight
Price: Click here to see our price
12 used & new from $24.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant white and quick to charge, August 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't decide whether I like the light on this better or the portable charger better...but the five stars is because I do not need to choose. The quality and intensity of the light is better than any of my old ones. The charger works fast on my iPhone. The size is just right, small enough for my bag or my pocket but big enough to handle easily.

The shock case has a nice feel to it. As another reviewer pointed out, you cannot charge and use at the same time, if that matters to you.

Sterling Silver Elongated Freshwater Cultured Pearl Framed Swarovski Zirconia Dangle Earrings
Price: $103.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for Most Evening Occasions, August 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nice looking, not expensive looking, evening wear. I see no flaws in the pearls even under a magnifying glass.

The larger cubic zirconia gems, at the pinnacle and the lower connection point give nice sparkle to the earrings. The smaller zirconia surrounding the top surface of the lines and the petals which attach to the pearl, provides nice elegance. These smaller zirconia are more visible to others when your face is at side profile.

The metal, more prominent from the small silhouette of sides of the earrings which someone looking directly at your face is likely to see at a glance, does not look like white gold, platinum or silver. Although when I reread the description, I read the metal is sterling silver, it does not appear so to me. To my eyes, it is an unidentifiable metal and looks more similar to chrome. My wife and I assume there is some stealing with the metal alloy, but silver is not what our eyes see. I assume that the instructions not to spray perfume and void contact with lotions, hairspray and other chemicals is meant to protect the metal as much as the stones.

The earrings are a comfortable weight for my wife who does not like heavy earrings and she says they do not have an over pull on her lobes. She does mention that if someone is allergic to metals there may be a concern.

I am trying to be more critical in this review because these are difficult to see in a picture and I am trying to accurately describe what my eyes see close up. I go back to my first comment, these are lovely earrings for evening wear but they are not meant to impress the discriminating person who knows their jewels. My wife and I are not one of those persons, nor are we overly discriminating in jewelry.

This set of earrings is a nice finishing touch for evenings out for dinner and concert.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20