Profile for Aceto > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 836

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aceto "All Knowledge is Sorrow" RSS Feed
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Home Essentials Breathable Woven Paper Under the Bed or Closet Soft Storage, Chest Size, Damask, Set of 2
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solution for extra storage needs, June 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nice lightweight storage. Breathable, good for fine fabrics. Keeps dust out. Perfect for under bed storage for blankets and out season clothing.

3M Ultra Clear Energy Saving Window Film Kit, 3-Feet x 5-Feet, Light Shade
3M Ultra Clear Energy Saving Window Film Kit, 3-Feet x 5-Feet, Light Shade
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY 3M Energy Efficient Film designed for the DIY Homeowner, May 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve been impressed with 3Ms new technologies in window films over the last several years. What’s important to me is this Ultra Clear Energy Savings line eliminates 98% of UV rays and reduces solar heat by 35% but still gives me clear visibility with no glare and only light shading. It’s not part of 3M’s top of the line Prestige Series films, or mid Ceramic Series films both of which reject nearly 60% of the sun’s heat and higher levels of UV and infrared light. But this line works well for most applications, is available for consumers and doesn’t have the higher cost of dealer installation.

I choose to install this roll of Ultra Clear Energy Savings film in our master closet with northern exposed windows. Now I don’t have to close the blinds to protect clothing and valuables that I don’t want bleached or harmed by the sun. I can see outside to the pool clearly with greatly reduced sun glare and we can see in our closet far better than with the overhead light. This was a perfect use for me.

Application was straightforward and easy. I’ll admit I am somewhat practiced. The most difficult part is getting perfectly clean windows. Our historic casement windows have multiple single pane windows in metal frames. Cleaning these 80 year old windows means getting the glass as clear as possible as well as getting rid of any dust and fine particles, which tend to collect on the seams of the metal frames. To combat this tendency, I cleaned the room of as much dust as possible then cleaned each pane 3 times with window cleaner, a razor blade and lint free cloths. The first two times as prep, the third time immediately before installation of the film.

Since I have multiple small panes, I cut the single sheet of film into individual 12” squares, slightly larger than my panes. Straight cuts are important to get the most cuts from the single sheet of film so I carefully used my Olfa Rotary Mat and Rotary Cutter and Fiskars 45-Millimeter Titanium Softgrip Comfort Loop Handle Rotary Cutter which handled the task beautifully.

With my 12” squares lined up, and tape on a corner on the plastic backing side to help separate the film from the plastic backing, I cleaned my windows for the 3rd time.

With a few drops of Johnson’s Baby Shampoo in a solution of water in a spray bottle, I sprayed the center and top of a single pane and the back of my squared foot of film separated from the backing. I carefully applied the film setting up my top left corner ¼ inch from both sides of the window and let the film cover the glass with my film excess on the bottom and right sides. I trimmed those sides again leaving 1/4 inch spacing using the box blade in the package. I then squeeged all air bubbles from center to outer corners blowing as I went along. I trimmed each film on the window to leave a ¼ space of window uncovered by film to allow the glass to expand and contract during temperature changes. I let dry for 48 hours. The film dries much clearer than what you see at installation. Instructions are included in the package and a tutorial video is viewable online on 3M’s webite /saveenergy.

Two years ago we installed the Prestige60 Series in our living and dining rooms, which have southern exposure and are hit the hardest with Arizona’s summer heat. Historic Preservation Office does not allow us to upgrade to better performing windows so we must be creative with our single panes. The difference has been amazing. We no longer feel tremendous heat exchange as we hold our hand next to the windowpanes. The rooms feel cooler too. We’ve been waiting to do the bedrooms. This line gives me the choice of installation myself in a room or rooms where I would not be willing to pay dealer prices and in rooms where 35% heat reduction is sufficient since the windows do not get direct sun. We’ve noticed quite a difference in our living and dining rooms. I am confident that we’ll be happy this summer in our master closet.

If it works on our single pane 80 year old windows, imagine what it can do for windows much younger. It is possible for one person to do this job. It's goes much faster when you have a partner. This project took us just about 1 hour.

Nerf Super Soaker Zombie Strike Splatterblast Blaster
Nerf Super Soaker Zombie Strike Splatterblast Blaster
Price: $16.88
11 used & new from $16.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Good eNerf fer Me, May 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This soaker is aptly named. It delivers plenty of water to a decent distance. A single stream hit about 30', while the multiples were somewhat shy of that mark. The streams decrease as the reservoir lowers which makes a kind of sense. It means longer play time between refills.

This soaker is more streamlined in my hands than the photos led me to believe. No big wow factor, but certainly holds its own.

Monster SuperStar BackFloat High Definition Bluetooth Waterproof Floating Speaker - Black and Light Blue
Price: $149.95
5 used & new from $139.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough Sound with More Uses besides the Pool, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am pleasantly surprised by Monster’s nice compact bluetooth Superstar Speaker, which pairs quickly, and easily with my iDevices. It’s nice that it can get wet so I can listen in the pool, hot tub, boat or wherever I may get wet and intentionally or accidentally drop it in water. Since it FLOATS its easy to retrieve. It’s got decent sound fidelity and I’m happy listening for hours. For me, this is my most important test. For such a small unit, it is not so bad.

Now I’ll admit, my first impulse was "Why do I need an 3” speaker in the pool when I can have a decent speaker system on the deck? I have several portable speakers systems and several bluetooth systems; I’m naturally suspicious of a small set, unsure what additional benefit it can provide. A quick full charge and I received my answer.

The case is understated black silicon skin on the underside and sides with a plastic mesh top covering the two speakers appears able to sufficiently protect the speaker from a moderate fall or sitting in water for hours. It fits comfortably in the hand, lightweight with an ergonomic feel. I listened to my favorite music and then decided to listen to an audio book. Sound quality is acceptable. Slightly muffled at times, a little boxed at others but overall it is downright pleasant (NB: I can't tell whether the minimal distortions were the speaker or the source so no points off until I can isolate the problem if it happens again). The midrange and bass offer adequate reproductions, given the context.

This speaker is something with which I can travel, go camping, fishing or whenever I need a small set up to listen to books or podcasts. It’s a good set for nearly all applications I can think of, from someone convalescing, to a pre-teen listening to music in their room, a high school graduation gift, or a tailgate party. It floats in beer. As an aside, it loudly announces my calendar alerts so maybe I’ll use them less often. A microphone allows speakerphone use when used with a tablet or smartphone.

The side red light indicates on (solid red), low battery (fast flash) or charging (slow flash). A blue tooth sync button and + / - volume control are press activated. A voice indicates on and off so no accidentally leaving it on. A bottom silicon tab covers a charging plug and a 3.5mm audio line in audio plug (for use without bluetooth); the tab design makes it indeed waterproof so long as you remember to push it in tightly. It has a good instruction manual, a 1 yr warranty and works as designed.

I like very much that it is infinitely moveable with no plugs and something that I'll use rather than put away.

Probelle All Natural Fungal Nail Treatment, Clear, .5 Fluid Ounce
Probelle All Natural Fungal Nail Treatment, Clear, .5 Fluid Ounce
Price: $15.00
4 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good Pretty Quick, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have completed ten days of twice a day treatment on a big toe (Seinfeld"s Captain of the Toes) that had fallen black with fungus. Today the last of the blackness is gone. I thought that sufficient to give four early stars. Now I shall continue the treatments to see what it does for nail thickness and smoothness.

Gorilla Glue 6045001 35yd. Gorilla Packaging Tape
Gorilla Glue 6045001 35yd. Gorilla Packaging Tape
Price: $8.97
6 used & new from $7.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorilla Sealed at a Chimp of a Price, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This 3.5 inch wide tape is tear resistant and perfect for taping shipping boxes in one swipe rather than the two or three swipes I normally use to seal a side of a box. Consequently, I use fewer feet of tape than I use with other brands and I tape a box faster. The dispenser is well made with a cutting blade with what seems like twice as many teeth as my similar 3M dispenser. A smooth well designed roller bar underneath the blade presses down on the tape for a clean full length adhesive. The tape is thinner and more flexible than other brands. It feels almost like a sheet of thin silicon, which gives it that smooth but tear resistant property. It gets into hard to reach crannies and curves more easily. Bonding is strong. It performs well and in line with what I expect from Gorilla products.

Note: The width of tape makes the dispenser and tape not interchangeable with other brands. Nicely, the dispenser is reusable with other rolls of Gorilla tape and well made enough that I don’t need to buy an expensive tape dispenser. Cost is appropriate for this high quality tape and dispenser with specialty use applications.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2015 6:35 PM PDT

The Nutro Company Perfect Portions Food with Salmon and Tuna Recipe
The Nutro Company Perfect Portions Food with Salmon and Tuna Recipe
Price: $30.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller Portions -- Good for my Cats and for Me, May 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 2 cats really like this food, and I like the smaller packaging. Even though my two cats will typically finish off a full can of cat food (Fancy Feast), I like being able to spread out their feeding into morning and evening. One of my cats has a vomiting problem right after eating, but by feeding smaller portions twice a day, I've definitely noticed less vomiting.

The packaging is easier to open than other brands of "perfect portions" that we've tried before. This simply means less gravy and less cat-food-smell on my hands. Also, the pate is very soft, which isn't really good or bad.

Finally and importantly, it has good ingredients (no grains, high protein, essential amino acids). Cats are happy!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2015 3:12 PM PDT

BLU Selfie US GSM - Unlocked (White Gold)
BLU Selfie US GSM - Unlocked (White Gold)
Price: $239.00
6 used & new from $239.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Fan, May 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Everything you need is in the box. This is a phone you play with and learn. Nothing appears missing except detailed instructions.
The most interesting feature to me is the dual SIM Card which, for many eliminates the need to carry two phones one for business and one for personal use. Or, I can switch between two plans (allowing me cheaper data options) or even dedicate one for international travel. Just remember, charge both devices.

BLU Selfie Phone:
1.7 GHz Octa-Core Processor with 2GB of RAM
4 G HSPA+, upto 64GB Micro SD
v4.4 KitKat Android
4.7”HD Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Screen that shows beautiful color and contrast in 720 x 1280 resolution

The phone has a built in FM radio which I can pick up on wifi when I'm tooling around with my hobbies.

Cameras: f/2.0 Apeture | HD 1080p @ 30 fps
both front and back cameras appear to be 13MP + with Sony IMX135 sensors that lets me shoot with an acute angle so pictures are more natural and less obvious selfies. The front facing camera has a dual flash so shadows across a face are less distracting. The back camera has a single flash.
BLU Final Touch Software gives the ability to adjust and enhance pictures. I can flatter myself with adjustments to:
Make Eyes larger (adjusts the whites and pupils)
Slim face
Smoothen skin (and remove blemishes)
Light Enhancer (lets me Whiten skin tones, helpful in a darkened room).

The cameras take excellent phone pictures with ease. The Gorilla glass is both strong and crack resistant and displays excellent color separation, to my eyes closely resembling our quality LED TV screen. Sound quality is good. Using the USB I can charge from my computer. The clear case fits snug on the phone with holes fitting all ports properly. A small lip protects the glass. It's a slim, smooth profile that doesn't pick up lint yet is not slippery to fall out of my hands. That’s good design execution.

The default settings are: Voice call, messaging, data connection. I can set for Roaming. Network In Data Connection I switch between SIM 1 or SIM 2 Data Connection. To change the preset time, I had to select my city of Phoenix. MALI 450 GPU helps with video gaming, YouTube videos and movies.

The only problem I have is with privacy and security. The installation pages ask me for my name and personal information. I was asked if I had a google account after which the following screen appeared and disappeared: “You agree that your phone may receive and install updates from Google. Your use of this phone is subject to the privacy policy and other terms. Learn more” I was not given the option to accept or deny. If this concerns you, you’ll need to check into the details more closely.

All in all, this is a solid phone with some great features which will appeal to many. For me, the BLU phone doesn’t have the ease of use of an iPhone but it is significantly cheaper and has features that I would like to see included on my iPhone. I love that it is unlocked.

What’s in the box:
User Manual
USB Cable
Wall Charger
Screen Protectors
RoHS Ear buds with noise cancellation
Opeaque white phone case (looks and feels like flexible silicon)
Pin tool to install SIM cards
BLUE Selfie Unlocked Phone
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2015 4:47 PM PDT

Bostitch BTFP2KIT 2-Tool and Compressor Combo Kit
Bostitch BTFP2KIT 2-Tool and Compressor Combo Kit
Price: $281.50
2 used & new from $269.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Light but sturdy and easier to use, May 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have light home projects. I am not a roofer or framer, so I do not need those kinds of capabilities although I think this could handle most. What I needed was an affordable, QUIET and portable rig for making shelves and cabinets mostly. The brad and finishing nail combo is the best mix of guns for me. Fast to set up and a joy to move about my home without needing heavy ear protection.

The compressor is a good weight. It is comfortable to carry and goes to over 150 lbs of pressure before turning off. Most compressors I've seen get 120 lbs or less. What this means is that once pressurized, I can work without it going on constantly. I and a cabinet maker did a day and a half's work in our kitchen without the compressor kicking back on. It comes with 2 outlets so I don't need to buy a splitter or additional couplings. The regulator is very easy to use.

I also had to install a couple new windows and doors. The finishing gun gets right into the spaces easily. Good maneuverability.

The guns work like a charm with nice finishing cushion so I do not leave marks and I can set stop depth without a big production. I have yet to have a jam. I always put a touch of oil before EACH use. You may need to do this several times if you are working a long day, but it is just a dot of oil.

The build quality is solid and if I get only the 450 hours of operation it is rated for, I will be happy. I have no cold here, so I cannot speak to the claims for cold start-up, but this always performs smoothly from switch on.

Bostitch is a reliable, solid brand and they've proved it with this combination.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2015 4:45 PM PDT

Wellness TruFood Baked Blends Natural Grain Free Dry Cat Food, Indoor Chicken, Chickpeas & Chicken Liver Recipe, 2-Pound Bag
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $14.40

2.0 out of 5 stars I could not talk them into it., May 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After serving TruFood in a bowl, our cats tried it, but were quickly scratching at their old Purina Beyond Natural dry food bag. They mostly just toss it out of the bowl, digging for something they'll like. This is a trend, and although our cats aren't super picky, they tend to dislike "healthy" food.

The price is also a bit more than we'd normally pay.

I do like that they label everything on the bag, including crude protein (>32%), crude fat (>13%), crude fiber (<7%), moisture (<10%), and taurine (>0.2%). However, I am always skeptical when they put trendy human foods in cat food: chia seeds, coconut oil, and live yogurt cultures seem more about good marketing than cat health.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2015 3:09 PM PDT