ARRAY(0xa360ab4c)

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Williams RSS Feed (Texas, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Budge D-4 Duro Sedan Cover Fits Sedans up to 228 inches - (Polypropylene, Blue)
Budge D-4 Duro Sedan Cover Fits Sedans up to 228 inches - (Polypropylene, Blue)
Price: $46.16
2 used & new from $43.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Budge 5 year warranty service is AWESOME!, April 2, 2013
A great cover and a real bargain. Save the receipt because budge will indeed honor the 5 year warranty on this cover, even if you don't register your product upon purchase! Warranty claims are super easy too. Just print a simple short form from their website and fill it out. Place the form, your cover, and a photocopy of the receipt from Amazon in a box and ship it to budge. I chose USPS priority mail so I had delivery confirmation and it was about $12 to ship when I bought the postage online from the USPS website and printed my label at home. In a week or two Fed-Ex will drop off a brand new cover from Budge!

Now I know it's odd to start a review with warranty info but seriously this is a very inexpensive but well made cover and if you use it outdoors I believe you will at some point wish to warranty it prior to the end of the 5 year warranty period. Be sure to use a rope to thread through the plastic grommets otherwise purchase the Budge gust guard kit so it stays put. Due to the lightweight nature of the fabric the wind can and will carry it off if gusting over 25 mph. In addition the gust guard I use a 10 lb weight, placed on the ground so as not to pull on the cover, and it is attached to the loop/handle at the rear of the cover to keep the back from coming loose in the wind. The gust guard kit really only keeps the sides in place but it does that job VERY well and I highly recommend it.

The elastic on this cover will likely fail after 2 years if used outdoors, not a big deal with the gust guard and the weight I mentioned earlier. For the price I am not complaining AT ALL, especially when I can get replacements via warranty so darn easily for under $15 in shipping costs.

My classic car has plastic tail light lenses and the cover ripped one day in a storm and was flopping around and it seems to have put a little wear on that plastic. Then again it is plastic that is over 30 years old! So maybe the cover is not entirely to blame, heh. If this bothers you consider a more expensive cover for your expensive car. I buy my cars to drive them, no trailer queens for me, and this cover keeps the rain, bird poop and leaves off of my car perfectly and I'd recommend it to anyone who prefers to spend money on go fast parts instead of fancy covers. Cover rinses clean easily with a garden hose and will fit almost any vehicle of similar length which is handy if you own several cars and rotate them indoors/outdoors while doing upgrades and such. I have zero regrets with this cover and Budge is a great company.

Continental Electrics CE23831 Sandwich Maker
Continental Electrics CE23831 Sandwich Maker
Offered by Electronics Warehouse Outlet
Price: $19.35
8 used & new from $10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it even for the low price, January 7, 2013
Even when using thin bread and minimal cheese and meat the stuff oozes out because the lid clamps down in a poor fashion, it is simply poor engineering. The power cord is too short. The unit is tiny so don't expect to be making big sandwiches with it. The plates are not removable which makes cleaning a real pain. Another vendor was recently selling these for free after rebate and even for free I wouldn't use this thing.

Haier LE46A2280 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim LED HDTV
Haier LE46A2280 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim LED HDTV

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for a lower end HDTV but has issues, December 18, 2012
UPDATE: Whether damaged in shipping or defective when the screen is white one can see vertical shadows on the screen. This doesn't bother me but might bother others. Other buyers had mentioned weird noises coming from the TV speakers and I can confirm this. Here's to hoping it is resolved with a firmware update. Also, connecting to the digital out for the TV tuner audio has sped up the channel changing significantly, not sure why but I'm not complaining either! Was worth the $330 but any higher price I'd be wary. Make sure to purchase with a credit card that offers buyer protection or extended warranty to cover your butt.

Do NOT expect this model to do deep rich black tones, otherwise colors are good and picture is bright and clear.

PROS:
Slender thin design is nice, front bezel looks good and was thinner than I was expecting. Paid $335 in late Dec 2012 when the price dipped low for a few hours on this model. Bright clean picture and a nice non-glossy screen to keep glare down. Easy assembly with 4 (included) screws and a (not included) common phillips screwdriver. Was surprised to find a decent quality remote with batteries included. TV is light enough that a single person can unbox and setup without help. Unencrypted QAM signals from my cable provider come in looking super at full 1080 resolution. VGA input looks amazingly good even though my PC has old cheap onboard video. No dead pixels or other weirdness anywhere on this set even though the box shows that Fed-Ex was less than gentle with it during shipping.

CONS:
Slight LED light bleed on right hand side which matches with damage to the box. Seems like more than a coincidence to me so I'm going to blame Fed-Ex for that one. Not bad enough for me to bother with returning it. The slight LED light bleed is really not noticeable unless the entire right side of screen is completely black.

This model does an "OK" job with the color black and can be made "good" with time and tweaking of the color settings via the menu.

This model takes almost a full second to change channels when using the built-in HDTV tuner. As with most low end digital HDTVs it took 10+ minutes to scan my cable TV connection for available digital and analog channels, thank goodness that is a one time routine! For the price point I am not at all bothered with these minor cons.

OTHER:
There is a menu option for loading new firmware, presumably via a file on a USB thumb drive connected to the set. Model is so new it is not listed on manufacturers website but at least they included the possibility to add new and improved firmware later on. Maybe they will release a new firmware later to help with the time it takes to switch channels?

If you plan to route the full HD digital audio from the TV's built in HDTV tuner you'll need a digital coaxial input on your receiver. For older 2 channel audio systems one could use the headphone jack output on the HDTV with an inexpensive cable that has a headphone jack on one end and RCA left and right outputs on the other end.

Have not tested the 2 HDMI ports yet. The VGA port, component input and built in HDTV tuner work like a charm though.

CONCLUSION:
It's like a big bright inexpensive PC monitor but with an HD tuner, woohoo! The picture quality would make you think it cost more than it does. Perfect for low budget home theater or kids room etc.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2012 6:16 PM PST

Belkin XM Auto Cassette Adapter for Apple iPod / Apple iPhone
Belkin XM Auto Cassette Adapter for Apple iPod / Apple iPhone
Offered by satelliteradiodirect
Price: $13.96
2 used & new from $13.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with late 90s Ford premium audio in dash cassette, November 28, 2012
Not compatible with late 90s Ford premium audio in dash cassette deck. I did test my deck with an actual cassette and it plays fine, so deck is working fine.

Tried inserting this into the cassette deck with the XM logo facing upwards on my late 90s Ford truck equipped with the factory premium audio. The deck tries to play it then spits it out for some odd reason.

Flipped it around with the printed text facing down and blank side up and carefully put it in since the cord was exiting from the wrong side of the unit and was at risk of getting snagged inside the tape deck. I only got one channel of audio, right channel, but man did it sound very rich and crisp! Sticking my finger into the deck itself and pressing on different areas of the tape seems to help bring back the left channel but my fiddling causes the deck to eject the tape. I'm going to continue to experiment and maybe I can get it to work. I don't blame NewEgg or seller for this problem, it's just one of those random things I guess and at this price I still have no regrets.

Queen Size Luna Premium Hypoallergenic 100% Waterproof Mattress Protector - 10 Year Warranty - Made In The USA
Offered by First Class Mattress
Price: $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits thick mattresses, has a nice cloth feel on top, February 27, 2012
Nice to find a product made in the good ol' US of A! Barely notice it's on the bed once your fitted sheet is tucked over it. Be sure to wash this cover prior to using it so you remove the odors from the manufacturing process. It has soft terry cloth on top to absorb small amounts of liquid spilled and then also a plastic sheeting on the bottom side for larger spills. I found it helped hold down my memory foam mattress pad and the cover easily fit over both my mattress and additional 2 inches of memory foam.

GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein, Strawberry Banana, 1 lb
GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein, Strawberry Banana, 1 lb

3.0 out of 5 stars Blends well but not fond of the taste, February 14, 2012
I'm blending one scoop with 8 oz of skim milk. Flavor is not to my liking but adding real strawberries does help. Having used competing products I feel like I am recovering in the same time frame so this does work well for me. Dissolves better than more expensive brands which is a plus. I'm looking forward to trying other flavors. Cholesterol seems higher than competing products but since I watch what I eat and exercise regularly I won't be losing any sleep over it.

magicJack Plus
magicJack Plus
Offered by JumpCircuit
Price: $50.99
43 used & new from $25.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot disable voicemail, BEWARE, January 29, 2012
This review is from: magicJack Plus (Office Product)

I wanted to use this in conjunction with google voice but being unable to disable voicemail screws that plan up completely. Call quality is ok but sometimes callers ask me to speak up. Other times my phone never rings then I suddenly have voice mail. Would not recommend this service.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2014 12:32 PM PST

MagicJack Plus + Free 6 Months Subscription to Magic Jack Service

magicJack: PC to Phone Jack
Offered by Essex Technology Group
Price: $41.99
20 used & new from $23.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot disable voicemail nor alter # of rings before call goes to voicemail!, January 29, 2012
Do NOT buy this product unless you are 100% sure you want them controlling your voice mail. You can't even change the number of rings before voicemail picks up, LAME! Software on windows takes AGES to load.

Motorad MGC-802 Locking Fuel Cap
Motorad MGC-802 Locking Fuel Cap
Offered by The Auto Alley
Price: $16.12
10 used & new from $13.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit awkward to unlock but fits like a glove, January 24, 2012
Having no experience with other brands of locking gas cap I cannot say whether my difficulty unlocking it is due to my own clumsiness or the design of my vehicle's fuel door area. This cap fits GREAT and does NOT cause the check engine light to come on. The price was great too. I would recommend not putting the key on your key ring but instead keeping it in the center console. As disconnecting the speedometer cable is not difficult on many vehicles this is a good way to monitor the fuel level to see if your teen is sneaking out your car ;-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5