Profile for Gina Holmes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gina Holmes "Author of Wings of Glass" RSS Feed (VA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Mercy's Rain: An Appalachian Novel
Mercy's Rain: An Appalachian Novel
by Cindy Sproles
Price: $12.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love Cindy's Appalachian Voice!, January 14, 2015
I have been waiting for this novel to come out for YEARS. Cindy's voice is unique and authentic... give me more!

30 Events That Shaped the Church: Learning from Scandal, Intrigue, War, and Revival
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Sunday School Classes, Small Groups, Homeschoolers or Christians that came to the fait, January 14, 2015
I feel smarter already.

This is a well-written, entertaining and interesting read. I thought, given the subject matter, that it would be dry--not at all. In fact I had a hard time putting it down to sleep.

It couldn't have been easy to choose or summarize such important happenings, but Gansky does an amazing job.

This is a great book for those who are new to the Christian faith,or those who aren't new, but would like to get up to date on the history of the church. It would also be perfect for Sunday School Classes, Small Groups, and home-schoolers. Now to read the companion book. . .

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
by James Patterson
Price: $11.89
813 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Never sobbed so hard in my life... oh how I love a good cry., February 4, 2014
I read this years ago, but my novel made someone's top 10 books that will make you cry list, which got me to thinking about the book that made me cry harder than any other. So beautiful and exquisitely sad. (I thanked the friend who recommended it to me and then stomped on her foot.)

The Invention of Wings: With Notes (Oprah's Book Club 2.0 3)
The Invention of Wings: With Notes (Oprah's Book Club 2.0 3)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, February 4, 2014
Beautiful writing. Beautiful message. I "read" it on audio and the actors performed flawlessly. Absolutely loved it. Bravo Ms. Kidd!

Born of Persuasion (Price of Privilege)
Born of Persuasion (Price of Privilege)
by Jessica Dotta
Price: $10.35
72 used & new from $0.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!, August 15, 2013
Born of Persuasion is rich with detail so that you don't feel you're reading about someone else's life, but rather living it yourself. Her prose are beautiful, each word carefully chosen and crafted to perfection. The twists and turns are anything but formula and the characters are absolutely delightful. Nancy was my personal favorite, but Mrs Wyndham Lady Foxmore were laugh out loud funny as well. You will find yourself unsure who to root for in this unpredictable novel filled with suspense, romance, and a strong allegory for the sacrifices of God. One of my favorite books of all time. Can't wait for the sequel!

The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future
The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future
by Jonathan Cahn
Price: $9.60
305 used & new from $3.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing, March 18, 2013
Wow. What an incredibly insightful and riveting book. For me, this was such a wonderful reminder that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. His word will not return void and a man (or nation) reaps what he sows. I was convicted and challenged in my faith. What we do matters.

Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer
Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer
Price: $5.39
33 used & new from $1.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work well on butter, January 28, 2013
I bought this thinking it would make nice, even, butter pats for a dinner party. Wrong! Because the butter wasn't banana shaped, it only sliced the middle 2/3rds of the stick and it was a lot of trouble to soften and bend the stick of butter into this shape. My hands got all greasy and butter doesn't bend neatly. I give it 3 stars though because it did work well on an actual banana.

L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Regenerating Skincare Kit (Day Lotion, Day/Night Cream, Eye Cream)
Offered by shop & save
Price: $19.37
11 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Noticeable and Immediate Results for Me, January 9, 2013
Normally, my skin regimen consists of a glycerin soap, followed by alpha-hydroxy lotion. That's worked well for me, with the exception that I will get the occasional blemish and my skin can get blotchy from the acidity.

I'm 42 and have just started to notice fine lines around my eyes, so I thought it might be time to change up what I've been using. My local supermarket had this kit (as shown in the box) on clearance for half-price, so I decided to take a chance and bought the last two boxes.

It's true that there's no greasy feel and my skin has lost its redness. After a few days the fine lines at the corner of my eyes are nearly gone. The only negative is the fragrance. It has quite a strong perfumed smell. I've got significant allergies and could definitely have done without that added.

I can honestly recommend this product and believe as long as I can still get it, I'll continue to use it.

Dead Man's Hand (The Caden Chronicles)
Dead Man's Hand (The Caden Chronicles)
by Eddie Jones
Price: $7.99
103 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian Ghost-Story reminiscent of a Hardy Boys Adventure, October 23, 2012
I'm writing this review on behalf of my 11 year old son who really enjoyed the book. According to Levi this is a great action-adventure with lots of twists and turns. A perfect read for tween boys, and a great alternative to much of the occult fascination prevalent in popular children's stories today.

Writing 21st Century Fiction: High Impact Techniques for Exceptional Storytelling
by Donald Maass
Price: $13.20
89 used & new from $3.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Bestseller Secrets, October 3, 2012
I try to read everything Donald Maass puts out, whether a book, an interview, blog post, whatever. All of his books are extremely helpful. He is someone who preaches that to sell well, you must first write well. Sounds like a no-brainer, but so few of us writers really take that lesson to heart. In Writing 21st Century Fiction, Maass will once again enlighten and inspire writers to raise the bar. In this book you will learn to make your book more literary, and more commercial. What writer doesn't want to write AND sell better? I can't recommend it enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8