Profile for JJ Rock > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JJ Rock RSS Feed (Minnesota)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
MegaFood Blood Builder Tablets, 90 Count (Premium Packaging)
MegaFood Blood Builder Tablets, 90 Count (Premium Packaging)
Offered by NetRush
Price: $27.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Really matches the hype, June 24, 2015
I suffered severe blood loss and my hemoglobin dropped from 16 to 8.8 in 12 hours. When I was sent home I was told to take iron twice a day. I bought iron supplements and didn't like the side-effects so off to Google I went. I tripped into MegaFood Blood Builders and really couldn't believe the reviews. So I bought a bottle and started taking two a day.

This stuff really works. 4 weeks later my hemoglobin was 14.4. That is an amazing increase, even my doctor was shocked. I very rarely recommend a product like this. But this has had a huge impact for me. Very little side-effects outside of the foul smell of th pills. Worth every penny for my results.

Danze D481150 9-Inch Adjustable Shower Arm with High Flow, Chrome
Danze D481150 9-Inch Adjustable Shower Arm with High Flow, Chrome
Price: $36.63
20 used & new from $25.21

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not hold up to the point of being dangerous, February 20, 2015
We have two of these with Speakman S-2251 shower heads on them. Both have broken to a point that the shower head won't hold in place, it suddenly drops out of place and if you are in the wrong spot klunks you in the head.

I replaced one thinking it was defective, but my other two have the exact same problem. So only consider this with a light shower head and be careful how you tighten it. Very overpriced for the quality.

Calvin Klein Big and Tall Men's Tall Boxer Brief   #U3282
Calvin Klein Big and Tall Men's Tall Boxer Brief #U3282
Price: $11.20 - $28.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, December 24, 2014
The quality of these seems to have slipped over the last few years. The crotch (inside) has a pilling issue and can create a not so fun sandpaper feel. The shape also doesn't hold up and occasional holes pop up. Really surprising considering the cost.

The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Reads more like a research paper, August 24, 2014
Like some other reviewers, I really enjoyed the first few chapters if this book. The author has a great premise on habits and routines that is innovative. The research done is solid.

Where the book falls short is helping the reader use the information. It really doesn't fully address how to develop habits or routines in business. The book has example after example that are described in more of a research style. Some of the examples are research.

So you get the theory but not the tools to apply the theory. The research becomes repetitive after a while.

Could have been a great book but falls short.

Restaurant Man
Restaurant Man
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.53

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest and forward look at the restaurant business, July 7, 2014
This review is from: Restaurant Man (Kindle Edition)
I first learned about Joe on Masterchef. He is a very direct person on TV and I wondered how that would carry into his book. Same Joe!

Unlike other reviewers, I really like Joe's attitude. He says what he feels and if you read the entire book, you will also learn of mistakes he admits to.

Joe is an interesting person with great ties to his family. Fun read.

The Decline and Fall of IBM: End of an American Icon?
The Decline and Fall of IBM: End of an American Icon?
Price: $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Bob has the issues with IBM right but book is short, June 8, 2014
Bob is a brilliant commentator of the IT and technology industry. He has followed IBM for years and written many articles about it. The book does a nice job outlining IBM methods to EPS "growth" and Bob gives his ideas for trying to right the ship.

What I missed was more depth into IBM products and competition. The examples provided are great, I just wish there was more.

Either way, recommended read and a steal for 3.99.

Nothin' to Lose: The Making of KISS (1972-1975)
Nothin' to Lose: The Making of KISS (1972-1975)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting story spoiled by lazy writing, December 30, 2013
As others have noted, Gene and Paul are not authors of this book. They are quoted like everyone else in the book.

Sharp has a writing style that is more reporting. He grabs quotes and snippets and ties them to events. What you end up with is a pretty choppy reading book with many of the same messages repeated by multiple sources. It also wastes a lot of space, I prefer biographical writings to flow with the author combining material he/she has gathered.

Inside all of this is an interesting story. It would have been more interesting coming directly from Gene or Paul instead of Sharp's style.

While some of the comments from others are interesting, I wanted more from the Kiss band members on their journey. The crazy touring they did alone could have had more discussion from the band members.

I'll admit, I do not like Sharp's writing style. I find it lazy and designed to fill pages instead of providing a high quality read.

Kobi Electric K2L1 15-watt (75-Watt) A19 LED 5000K Cool White Light Bulb, Dimmable
Price: $14.19
7 used & new from $9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Light is too white, lacks depth, December 8, 2013
I own a few brands of LED bulbs. The cool white version of this bulb is the whitest LED I have owned. Too white for me, the light feels too artificial and not as bright as some other brands.

My Friend Michael: An Ordinary Friendship with an Extraordinary Man
My Friend Michael: An Ordinary Friendship with an Extraordinary Man
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Complex book about a complex and uncomfortable relationship, December 8, 2013
I went into this book expecting to read a book about Michael Jackson. But true to the title, this book is far deeper and about a relationship between Michael and the author. There are times I wanted to stop reading the book, I felt the story became too much about Frank and not enough about Michael. I even wondered how Frank had such a great memory.

But when I finished, I realized just how unique this relationship was. You almost walking away wondering if the story is fiction because it is so different. Yes Frank spends time defending himself, perhaps too much, be he also paints a honorable picture of a talented and troubled superstar.

I recently saw the Michael Jackson show in Las Vegas as Mandalay Bay. Watching the show I realized what an incredible talent Michael was. Frank tries to share some of that (I wish he would have shared more).

Interesting but very uncomfortable read at times.

Johnny Carson
Johnny Carson
Offered by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent look into the life of a very private celebrity, October 18, 2013
This review is from: Johnny Carson (Kindle Edition)
I've always admired the work that Carson did and the careers his show helped to create. I've never read a book about Carson in the past but was aware of his marriages and enjoyment of cigarettes and booze.

Bushkin tells an interesting story about what Carson was and wasn't. I found it nearly impossible to put the book down, the writing followed a storyline that kept me hooked. It was interesting to read about Bushkin's own struggles in dealing with such a talented and flawed man (Carson). We also learn that Bushkin had his own challenges with the celebrity he gained.

One of the better celebrity books I have read. Not as good as Craig Ferguson's autobiography but a very solid effort.

If you are looking for the history of the Tonight Show, this is not your book. Otherwise fun and interesting read, highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4