Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Josh Himwich > Reviews

Browse

Josh Himwich's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Josh Himwich RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Safety 1st Inflatable Spout Guard, Refresh
Safety 1st Inflatable Spout Guard, Refresh

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time and money, August 30, 2014
Maybe mine was defective, but I wasn't able to blow it up until I pierced a hole in the inflation nozzle. I do not have an ice pick on hand, which seems to have been the only tool small enough to make an incision without making a whole on the plastic. So I used a knife and ended up cutting a hole in the plastic. It wouldn't inflate. The whole thing was so odd, I kept on checking the package to make sure I was reading the instructions properly. No one mentioned this in their review. Anyway, waste of time and money. Now I have to find something else to use. Big disappointment.

The Classic Pasta Cookbook
The Classic Pasta Cookbook
by Giuliano Hazan
120 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cookbooks EVER, November 27, 2005
Ever wonder why the food in Italy is so good when it seems so simple? The secret is good technique combined with locally-fresh ingredients. I love to cook, I love French food the best and I love complicated food, but I love a simple pasta just as well. I am also very visually oriented. Thus, the illustrations of the mise en place is perfect for me. I usually only need to glance at the actual instructions for the classics, which include visuals of all your ingredients. If you appreciate Eyewitness Guides (also published by DK) you'll appreciate the visual approach to cooking. The Carbonara is my favorite - although I always add a little chicken broth to pull it all together, and take the pancetta out of the pan till the last minute then toss it in (so it does not get soggy) and the Puttanesca ROCKS! I've tried at least 3/4ths of these and they are great. The only one I've tried that isn't awesome is the zucchini & shrimp pasta. A great pasta book and a great cookbook overall. It's in the canon if cookbooks - right up there with Joy of Cooking.