Profile for LostAngel666 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LostAngel666 RSS Feed (Southern California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Lego Metal Drink Bottle 400ml
Lego Metal Drink Bottle 400ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons..., December 20, 2012
This review is from: Lego Metal Drink Bottle 400ml
I purchased this for my son who is a LEGO aficionado. Upon receipt, he adored it! Said noone else at my school has this one, loved the hat lid/cap.

Pros: Cons:
Keeps beverages ICE cold! Once the hard hat lid/closure is taken off, thats it! May as
Does NOT leak whatsoever!! well kiss it goodbye, 'cuz it ain't going back on.
Easy open and close for young children BECAUSE, the hat lid was no longer attached, there is
no protection for the top/lid/closure, the FIRST time it was
dropped, it broke :-( beyond repair.

Yellow Brick Road (Bloody Disgusting Selects)
Yellow Brick Road (Bloody Disgusting Selects)
DVD ~ Cassidy Freeman
Price: $3.99
50 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Provocative, but..., December 8, 2012
Great premise. Love the creepy back story. Unsettling, very tense, you feel like you are stewing in a pot of dread with the characters. You can practically taste the doom! So much left unseen, and unsaid, but it works for this movie.
...still, it just fell flat. I thought the ending, though original, was very anti-climactic. It was like boiling a pot of water for 90 minutes, and at the moment its about to boil over, someone just turned off the stove. Man!

Shuttle
Shuttle
DVD ~ Peyton List
Price: $12.99
44 used & new from $1.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly original premise,, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Shuttle (DVD)
Well, the best thing about this one is the story is fresh, hasn't been run into the ground. Some traces of "Hostel", but not nearly as much gore and extreme violence. Decent plot twists here and there. Fairly surprising ending. Acting is mediocre/okay.
Worth a watch if you dig horror, thrillers, dark subject matter.

Concord Candy Blox, Build'Em & Eat'Em- Assorted Fruit Flavor, 1 Lb
Concord Candy Blox, Build'Em & Eat'Em- Assorted Fruit Flavor, 1 Lb
Offered by Candy Gift Shop
Price: $9.00
8 used & new from $4.44

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit at my son's birthday party, September 7, 2012
I purchased these to decorate cupcakes, and the birthday cake for my son's party, and I am very pleased with them! Nice, vibrant colors. They taste really good, too. kids loved that you can build with them. I must have had half a dozen moms inquire about where I got them. Fun, cute, and unique candy. I definately reccomend!

Geneva Platinum Women's 9073.TwoTone Silver Metal Quartz Watch with Gold Dial
Geneva Platinum Women's 9073.TwoTone Silver Metal Quartz Watch with Gold Dial
Offered by 2014FashionWatch
Price: $8.03
13 used & new from $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, August 21, 2012
I absolutely adore this watch! It is gorgeous!! I have received many compliments. And, the price?!!? 5 Stars all the way around!!

McElligot's Pool (Classic Seuss)
McElligot's Pool (Classic Seuss)
by Dr. Seuss
Price: $12.75
175 used & new from $2.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic and timeless., May 29, 2012
I loved this book when I was a child. I introduced it to my son when he was 4 years old. He too was immediately smitten with "McElligot's Pool". The humor and the silliness is quintessential Dr. Seuss. The illustrations are expressive and vibrant. And the message conveyed; looking beneath the surface before you judge, the importance of keeping an open mind, and following YOUR heart, despite the negativity or criticism of others, is expressed in such an optimistic and whimsical manner, children and adults will adore this story.

How to Lose All Your Friends (Picture Puffins)
How to Lose All Your Friends (Picture Puffins)
by Nancy L. Carlson
Price: $5.99
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Irony for the playground set, May 29, 2012
Very clever, funny, and ironic "instruction manual" for young children. My son and I both love this book. The outlandish instructions never cease to summon smiles, smirks, and giggles from both of us. Great illustrations!
Witty, sarcastic, thought provoking, and unique. Qualities young and old will appreciate. Highly recommend!

Woman [Blu-Ray] (Bloody Disgusting Selects)
Woman [Blu-Ray] (Bloody Disgusting Selects)
DVD ~ Pollyanna McIntosh
Price: $17.29
22 used & new from $11.97

3.0 out of 5 stars A movie with a lot of potential..., May 26, 2012
...unfortunately, the apparent low budget, so-so delivery by the cast (with the exception of Pollyanna McIntosh), frequent implausibilities, and loose ends, for me, THE WOMAN fell short.
*** WARNING: SPOILERS!***
The locations are cheesy. Cinematography is for spit. Neither do a thing for creating a mood, or atmosphere. Quite the contrary, the way this movie was filmed detracts from a movie that needs every apsect to lend to it's authenticity. I did NOT find Chris Cleek the least bit intimidating, chilling, or threatening. He seems awkward and miscast. He looks, and speaks as if he is on the verge of cracking up. I agree with the reviewer who compared him to Will Farrell. Its like any minute the movie would be interupted by G.E. Smith's freaking sax, and Cleek was going to turn to the camera and say, "Live from New York, its Saturday night!!!".
Okay, the incongruities, the "woods" where the father is hunting, and comes upon this feral woman looks like its 100 yards from the local mall. This feral woman who has survived in the "wild", where did she come across the clothing? A mini skirt if memory serves? Her hair is slightly unkempt, not matted down and covered in filth, as one might expect. In fact it looks like she gets frequent trims, the ends are cut straight across, nice and even. No excess body hair. Apparently, razors and depilatories are readily available. The teacher that just drops by her student's house; uninvited, unannounced, to tell the parents of what she feels is an emotionally troubled girl, that she she believes the girl is pregnant. Perhaps this woman looking for a career change? Why else would she behave so ludicrously? Surely she would be fired, and possibly have legal action taken against her. Guess, in the frenzy to express her concern, she overlooked that. And I guess the notion that perhaps the reason for the change in the girl's demeanor is the result of dysfunction at home? Hey, anyone could have overlooked that, right? And what was with the other feral, pseudo dog girl?! I'm sorry, that was just so hokey, and corny. And finally, the way youngest daughter just scurries off with this strange woman. Come on.
Clever premise, unrealized.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2012 12:42 AM PDT

Yes To Carrots Makeup Removing Cleanser, 8.45 Fluid Ounce
Yes To Carrots Makeup Removing Cleanser, 8.45 Fluid Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars I adore this cleanser, May 14, 2012
Oh my, do I ever love this cleanser. I've held an aesthetician's license for 10 years. I've tried countless products. Everything from your drug store standard, to "can only be found in SELECT day spas", ultra exclusive, better be prepared to shell out 10 bucks an ounce, 100% organic, etc. etc. facial cleansers. That said, Yes To Carrots Makeup Removing Cleanser, is unquestionably among the BEST! And I mean among the top three out of say a couple hundred products.
Gentle enough for morning and evening use. Very effective in removing makeup- even waterproof mascara. Leaves skin perfectly cleansed and refreshed, never stripped. I love the fact that it is 99% natural.
And the price, for gosh sakes. So very reasonable. Especially when you take into account how LONG it will last you. I got almost 6 months out of the 8.45 ounce bottle, and I use twice a day.
Love it, Recommend it!!

Element: Ballet Conditioning
Element: Ballet Conditioning
DVD ~ Elise Gulan
Price: $8.74
43 used & new from $1.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I've been looking for!, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Element: Ballet Conditioning (DVD)
I so love this! BALLET CONDITIONING is challenging and intense, regardless of your size, weight, or fitness level. Such a refreshing alternative to other home workouts. I find BALLET CONDITIONING so enjoyable, fun, and very rewarding. The emphasis on grace and poise, I just adore.
I've had this for a few months now, and I can honestly say I'm not the least bit bored with it. In fact, its just the opposite. I absolutely look forward to doing BC 3-4 times a week.
My flexibility is better than it has been in years! My strength has dramatically improved. And yes, I've definately streamlined my legs, hips, backside, and tummy.
I SOOOOOO recommend BALLET CONDITIONING! You will not be sorry.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5