Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for K. Seaver > Reviews

Browse

K. Seaver's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Seaver RSS Feed (Boise, ID)

Page: 1 | 2
ECOBULB Feit Electric 40 W Extra Bright Soft white 150 W Equivalent Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb CFL 3 Pack
Offered by Majestic Super Store
Price: $14.87
8 used & new from $9.09

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have listened to the reviews!, December 30, 2015
2 out of 3 of the bulbs were non functional. One of the two bulbs was physically broken at the base. The other one sounded like it was like a baby's rattle. There was no damage to the packaging so these left the factory like this. Also, these things are way too huge. Like double the size of a normal CFL bulb. What a terrible product. It is not Amazon's fault, but they should probably think twice about selling these.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Klipsch RP-440C Reference Premiere Center Channel Speaker with Quad 4 inch Cerametallic Cone Woofers - Each (Ebony)
Offered by Sound Distributors. Authorized Dealer
Price: $549.00
16 used & new from $499.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what amazing sound!, December 12, 2015
I am running the Onkyo TX-RZ800 and am replacing a 20 year old Paradigm center channel speaker after some entertainment center changes will not provide the room for the big Paradigm. Needless to say, knowing the importance of matched speaker for the left, center, and right, I knew it was not going to prove easy to get a match. Besides needing fantastic sound, I had to stay below 5.75" (H) for the center.

First I ordered the Definitive Technology CS-8040HD Speaker (Center Channel) from Amazon which has stellar reviews. Unfortunately, Amazon's size description was off for that speaker and it would not fit. That forced me to look at alternatives.

That brought me to this speaker. Yes, it is $200 more than the Definitive Technology CS-8040HD, but the fit was needed. What amazed me when comparing sound from the 20 yr old Paradigm, the Definitive Technology and the Klipsch RP-440C, was what an amazing range this speaker has. It blew my Paradigm out of the water. The Definitive sounded like it was in a hollow box. This RP-440C has a bright, crisp, engaging sound. The mid and high range was clear and concise. The depth and bass response was spot on. I tested the James Bond Skyfall blu-ray and went to the 2nd scene which has motorcycles, trains, and gun fire…amazing! Next I put in some acoustic guitar music followed by full orchestras. The Klipsch did not flinch. Next up I put in Halo 5 as well as Battlefield 4 via the Xbox One and again then RP-440C did not disappoint.

I realize that it is difficult to order a speaker online without hearing it. I have been in love with my paradigm 5.1 setup for 20+ years and never thought I would leave the Paradigm world. I can tell you that if you have the means to acquire this speaker, by all means try it out.

NEWLY IMPROVED - MyHomeTrendz Digital Premium Meat Thermometer with Probe for any cooking task. Oven Baking, Roast, BBQ & Grilling. Comes with Alarm and Timer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this unless you like going to the UPS store for return, July 11, 2015
Took it out of the box and the battery compartment just hangs open. It will not latch. This unit feels very cheap and not worth $26, not even half of that. I had a Polder brand that finally died. I am going back to that brand. Avoid this product.

SmartyKat Crackle Chute Cat Toy Collapsible Tunnel
SmartyKat Crackle Chute Cat Toy Collapsible Tunnel
Price: $16.03
23 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for your cat(s)...at $7.88, not $15+, December 19, 2014
Great fun for your cat(s)...at $7.88, not $15+. I bought one a week ago and the cats are enjoying it. We had to cut off the strings that keep it closed and collapsed due to the cats chewing and trying to swallow it. Now it is tough to store. Now that it has gone to $15+ I would definitely not purchase it. Just put out a cardboard box with a hole cut in the side for you cats to play with.

Medialink Wireless-N USB Adapter - 802.11n, 2.4 ghz - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP (150 Mbps)

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this product. The range is subpar!, May 7, 2014
I bought this for my PC that is 17 feet from my router. Unfortunately, it gives about one bar of signal strength on the PC and constantly drops the connection. I bought another wireless N USB adapter from another company and it gives me a solid, full-bar connection. Save yourself the headache, time, and money and avoid this product!

Lexar  JumpDrive S73 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive LJDS73-32GASBNA (Orange)
Lexar JumpDrive S73 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive LJDS73-32GASBNA (Orange)
Price: $29.09
8 used & new from $9.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Quit working after 2 days and not as fast as other 3.0 drives, February 15, 2014
It quit working after six file transfers in two days. Also, it was transferring files at 38mb/sec whereas my other USB 3.0 flash drives are almost twice as fast. I am returning it to Amazon using their great return policy and going with a more highly rated brand. I guess you get what you pay for.

Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type A to Micro-B Cable in Black 3 Feet
Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type A to Micro-B Cable in Black 3 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $5.79
13 used & new from $5.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, July 30, 2013
The Micro-B connector was not manufactured correctly. It took so much force to insert and remove it into my USB drive, it almost broke the port on my USB drive. I quickly returned it using Amazon's swift return process and it was refunded. Instead ordered the AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B and it fits perfectly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2013 7:45 PM PST

Jiro Dreams of Sushi
Jiro Dreams of Sushi
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best documentary of 2012! Wow!, January 19, 2013
Sushi is interesting? Yes, in this case it is. What an entertaining documentary on the 86 year old sushi "master" Sukiyabashi Jiro. The story about his work ethic and his middle-aged sons that have trained under him for decades while trying to live up to his standards, will hold your attention and entertain you. The cinematography and editing is amazing!

This should have been nominated for best documentary for the Academy Awards.

Dumbstruck
Dumbstruck
DVD
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars So-So, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Dumbstruck (Amazon Video)
I thought this would have more comedy in it. They follow 5 ventriloquist varying from someone who has "made it" and a 13 year old kid starting out on his journey to becoming a professional. Unfortunately, I found myself fast-forwarding through it just to see the professional Terry Fator. As a documentary it just is not that interesting. Disappointing.

Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black
Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black
Offered by J.F.J
Price: $9.96
82 used & new from $3.25

2.0 out of 5 stars It lasted 20-25 full charge cycles, January 12, 2012
I always fully drained the battery and then recharged and I got 20-25 cycles out of it. Now if you fully charge it, it lasts about 5 minutes.

This is the Nyko battery with the Item# 86034-A50.

$8 for this and it really should last longer.

Page: 1 | 2