Profile for California Crafter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

California Crafter RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Hank and Gracie Save the Day
Hank and Gracie Save the Day
by Stacy Klaus
Price: $14.21
21 used & new from $14.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, fun book!, January 23, 2014
I read it to my 3 year old - she enjoyed pointing out what the animal characters were doing. And when we were done reading it (twice), she started on the coloring pages in the back of the book. Educational for me too - I don't know much about dogs and the knit/crochet patterns in the back definitely look like something I would do.

Happy Birthday, Bunny!
Happy Birthday, Bunny!
by Elizabeth Garton Scanlon
Price: $13.23
76 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite book for my 3 year old, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Happy Birthday, Bunny! (Hardcover)
Love this gorgeous, clever book! From 2-3, this book has easily been my daughter's favorite. The illustrations are lovely and rich with details. My daughter loves pointing out things like the little carrot illustrations hidden in fabrics. The story is sweet. My little one has it memorized and reads it over and over again, asking if we are all sweet honey buns like the bunny in the book. I think it would be especially perfect as a birthday gift for someone her age. She has been learning a lot about birthdays, and pretends to have birthdays for all of her stuffed animals now, making pretend cakes and singing the words from the book. So any book that triggers so much imaginative play for a toddler, I definitely give 5 stars to. Hope this author/artist pair up some more!

Metropolitan Knits: Chic Designs for Urban Style
Metropolitan Knits: Chic Designs for Urban Style
by Melissa Wehrle
Price: $18.06
76 used & new from $11.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Must see book in person!, December 4, 2013
I looked up the patterns on Ravelry before getting this book. There were a couple I liked. When I got the book in person - WOW! I was super impressed by the photos showing the lovely, unique pattern details. I definitely had way more favorites after seeing the additional photos and how the items were constructed. I especially like the Open Air Pullover and the Courtyard Pullover.

Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master Steam Iron with 400 Hole Stainless Steel Soleplate, 1700 Watt, Blue
Price: $74.99
77 used & new from $59.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks like crazy - a hunk of junk, May 11, 2013
I was so excited to receive this iron as a birthday gift. It wasn't cheap, and I was so disappointed that within months, just after the short warranty expired, it began pouring water from underneath the sole plate along the bottom. What a disaster. Never again. Nothing seems to help. I can't believe that just a few months after this "Made in Germany" iron was put to use, it is going to spend eternity in a landfill.

KicKee Pants Baby-boys Infant Solid Footie
KicKee Pants Baby-boys Infant Solid Footie
Price: $26.00 - $33.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Foldover mitten hands in larger sizes! Perfect for babies with eczema., April 2, 2013
YAY!! I have tried so many brands, and these are the only ones I have found with foldover hand protectors in sizes larger than 3-6 months. I have bought three of the 6-12 months size. They are so silky soft and wash up well. My 4 month old baby has eczmea and we need time for his delicate skin to heal. These footies are seriously the answer to my prayers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2014 7:53 PM PDT

Add a Size Baby Clothes Extender 10-Pack, Onesie Extender
Add a Size Baby Clothes Extender 10-Pack, Onesie Extender

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for cloth-diapered babies. Fits Zutano!, February 11, 2013
I wish I had these for my first baby. I am just thrilled to find they fit the Zutano onesies we have. We use cloth diapers and I was having to pull the onesies pretty far to get them over the diapers. So happy to have this easy solution, though I wish it were less expensive, it's worth it - I will get so much more use out of the clothes we have.

The Wild Little Horse
The Wild Little Horse
by Ashley Wolff
Price: $13.42
91 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a 21 month old, February 6, 2013
This review is from: The Wild Little Horse (Hardcover)
This was my daughter's Christmas gift this past year - she kept pointing to a horse in one of her other books, so I thought she'd like a book entirely about horses. She LOVES this book. She asks to take it into her crib. The illustrations are lovely and the large format is an enchanting change from her usual toddler board books.

Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted Cloth Diapers, Ocean Blue, Size One (6-18 lbs)
Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted Cloth Diapers, Ocean Blue, Size One (6-18 lbs)
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $18.15
2 used & new from $17.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Aplix does not last long, February 6, 2013
Buy the snap versions! I love Thirsties products in general, and these Fab Fitteds really are fab, however, the aplix fasteners did not hold up. My daughter has used four of these diapers for less than a year (size 2). They were washed perhaps 2-3 x a week. The laundry tabs have ripped right off and the tabs themselves are hard to fasten. I had hoped to use them for a second child but there's no way that's possible. I wish so much I had purchased the snap ones. I thought it would be easier for quick changes, but the lack of longevity more than outweighs the few seconds of speed. I found the same thing to be true of the covers - my snap ones are going strong, the aplix ones are worn out. My 4 diapers and 4 diaper covers would need repairs for me to use them with my son.

Sewing Solutions: Tips and Advice for the Savvy Sewist
Sewing Solutions: Tips and Advice for the Savvy Sewist
by Nicole Vasbinder
Price: $12.78
89 used & new from $4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference for Novice to Advanced Sewists!, December 7, 2012
Great reference book for sewing! Lots of information packed neatly into a compact volume - perfect for my sewing table. It contains a lot of useful definitions/descriptions/techniques that would usually send me to the internet searching for how tos. I think this will really sped up my project time because instead of having to get up and hit the computer, sifting through search engine results, I can simply flip to the page with what I need. For reference, I am an intermediate sewer who has taken some professional lessons/workshops over the years, but I don't do "special" things often enough to make them second nature.

There is no filler in this book. The economic writing of Nicole Vasbinder just gets to the point. Sherry Heck's photographs are lovely and clearly show what is being described. And there are LOTS of beautiful photos and diagrams/illustrations. If you are a visual learner, this will really help you.

There are 10 chapters, and the book is divided into two sections: Tools and Equipment and Solutions and Tips. The first section has descriptions for many tools of the trade and for each tool described, offers types, most common uses, where to buy it, and what every sewist should know. The second section offers tips on making muslins, pattern fitting, trims, making your own trims, and things I would consider really helpful for everyone, novice to advanced.

Onitsuka Tiger Women's Serrano Sneaker,Navy/Pink,10.5 M US
Onitsuka Tiger Women's Serrano Sneaker,Navy/Pink,10.5 M US

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing WAY off, October 11, 2012
Really liked these super cute shoes but the size conversion was WAY off. I ordered a 10.5, and got a 42.5 EU size, which really should be 11.5. They were at least a full size too big for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 5:21 PM PDT