Profile for California Crafter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

California Crafter RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Trumpette Peewee Argyle Baby socks 0-12 Months 6 pack
Trumpette Peewee Argyle Baby socks 0-12 Months 6 pack
Price: $27.52
5 used & new from $24.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Practically Useless - WAY too small, February 18, 2015
Bought these socks for my first child, thinking that they were SO adorable I'd surely get lots of use out of them. My first baby wore these for a couple of photo ops, and that was it. My second and third children never wore them at all. They were so small - meant for 0-3 months for sure. They never stayed on. We much preferred See Kai Run socks for that age. Or Roobeez.

Sleep Like a Tiger (Caldecott Medal - Honors Winning Title(s))
Sleep Like a Tiger (Caldecott Medal - Honors Winning Title(s))
by Mary Logue
Price: $10.72
92 used & new from $6.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, complex and rich illustrations, September 28, 2014
My daughter fell in love with this book at age 2, still loves it at 3.5, and we had to buy our own copy after keeping the library one a good six months. The story is sweet and educational, describing how different animals sleep. The illustrations are simply stunning. Rich, complex, with beautiful colors. It is no exaggeration to say that we notice something new every time we read it. It would make a beautiful gift.

Hand-stitched Home: Projects to sew with Pendleton & other wools
Hand-stitched Home: Projects to sew with Pendleton & other wools
by Susan Beal
Price: $18.27
77 used & new from $13.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Historic, Fun and Unique, September 28, 2014
I am an intermediate sewer who has never sewn with wools, which is what drew me to this book. There are 27 projects and a little bit sharing the super interesting history of Pendleton wools. Projects have a wide range in terms of skill/time needed and involve many different techniques - quilting, patchwork, applique, embroidery, hand and machine sewing - even some woodwork to make the frame for the ottoman on the book cover. I was surprised to see the striking results from using large scale prints that I commonly associate with Pendleton on smaller projects or in patches on much larger projects. This unexpected (to me) approach has really opened up my thinking on wools. I plan to make the nylon-backed picnic blanket and the cross pillows shown on the book cover.

Hank and Gracie Save the Day
Hank and Gracie Save the Day
by Stacy Klaus
Price: $14.20
22 used & new from $14.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, fun book!, January 23, 2014
I read it to my 3 year old - she enjoyed pointing out what the animal characters were doing. And when we were done reading it (twice), she started on the coloring pages in the back of the book. Educational for me too - I don't know much about dogs and the knit/crochet patterns in the back definitely look like something I would do.

Happy Birthday, Bunny!
Happy Birthday, Bunny!
by Liz Garton Scanlon
Price: $13.23
95 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite book for my 3 year old, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Happy Birthday, Bunny! (Hardcover)
Love this gorgeous, clever book! From 2-3, this book has easily been my daughter's favorite. The illustrations are lovely and rich with details. My daughter loves pointing out things like the little carrot illustrations hidden in fabrics. The story is sweet. My little one has it memorized and reads it over and over again, asking if we are all sweet honey buns like the bunny in the book. I think it would be especially perfect as a birthday gift for someone her age. She has been learning a lot about birthdays, and pretends to have birthdays for all of her stuffed animals now, making pretend cakes and singing the words from the book. So any book that triggers so much imaginative play for a toddler, I definitely give 5 stars to. Hope this author/artist pair up some more!

Metropolitan Knits: Chic Designs for Urban Style
Metropolitan Knits: Chic Designs for Urban Style
by Melissa Wehrle
Price: $16.85
65 used & new from $3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Must see book in person!, December 4, 2013
I looked up the patterns on Ravelry before getting this book. There were a couple I liked. When I got the book in person - WOW! I was super impressed by the photos showing the lovely, unique pattern details. I definitely had way more favorites after seeing the additional photos and how the items were constructed. I especially like the Open Air Pullover and the Courtyard Pullover.

Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master Auto-Off Steam Iron with 400-Hole Stainless Steel Soleplate, 1700-Watt, Blue
Price: $75.00
27 used & new from $60.42

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks like crazy - a hunk of junk, May 11, 2013
I was so excited to receive this iron as a birthday gift. It wasn't cheap, and I was so disappointed that within months, just after the short warranty expired, it began pouring water from underneath the sole plate along the bottom. What a disaster. Never again. Nothing seems to help. I can't believe that just a few months after this "Made in Germany" iron was put to use, it is going to spend eternity in a landfill.

KicKee Pants Baby-boys Infant Solid Footie
KicKee Pants Baby-boys Infant Solid Footie
Price: $20.99 - $36.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Foldover mitten hands in larger sizes! Perfect for babies with eczema., April 2, 2013
YAY!! I have tried so many brands, and these are the only ones I have found with foldover hand protectors in sizes larger than 3-6 months. I have bought three of the 6-12 months size. They are so silky soft and wash up well. My 4 month old baby has eczmea and we need time for his delicate skin to heal. These footies are seriously the answer to my prayers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2014 7:53 PM PDT

Add a Size Baby Clothes Extender 10-Pack, Onesie Extender
Add a Size Baby Clothes Extender 10-Pack, Onesie Extender

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for cloth-diapered babies. Fits Zutano!, February 11, 2013
I wish I had these for my first baby. I am just thrilled to find they fit the Zutano onesies we have. We use cloth diapers and I was having to pull the onesies pretty far to get them over the diapers. So happy to have this easy solution, though I wish it were less expensive, it's worth it - I will get so much more use out of the clothes we have.

The Wild Little Horse
The Wild Little Horse
by Ashley Wolff
Price: $14.21
81 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a 21 month old, February 6, 2013
This review is from: The Wild Little Horse (Hardcover)
This was my daughter's Christmas gift this past year - she kept pointing to a horse in one of her other books, so I thought she'd like a book entirely about horses. She LOVES this book. She asks to take it into her crib. The illustrations are lovely and the large format is an enchanting change from her usual toddler board books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3