Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for SomaGuy > Reviews

Browse

SomaGuy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SomaGuy "Bryan" RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
"D" Size Battery Shell Adapter for AA Batteries By Lenmar
"D" Size Battery Shell Adapter for AA Batteries By Lenmar
Price: $6.37
56 used & new from $6.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work Well for Me, August 29, 2015
These don't fit well in my auto-sense garbage can. The batteries "pop" into the adapter, but don't stay. This cause the length of the adapter to increase, causing the adapters to slide out of place. Guess I'll have to buy a new charger that can handle "D" batteries.

Twist and Shout Mop - Original Hand Push Spin Mop
Twist and Shout Mop - Original Hand Push Spin Mop
Offered by Twist and Shout Mop™ - Absolushion Inc.
Price: $39.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product: Somewhat Poorly Executed, July 8, 2014
While this mop really is great, the materials are a bit substandard in this price range.
Expected something more substantial for my investment.

When you are repeatedly warned about possibly breaking a product, obviously the wrong materials were chosen.
Some of these plastic parts need to be replaced with either stronger plastic or metal.
Anticipating having to replace this item within 2-3 years. That's okay for a $15 mop, not this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 10:20 AM PDT

Armarkat Pet Bed 28-Inch by 21-Inch D02CZS-Small, Brown
Armarkat Pet Bed 28-Inch by 21-Inch D02CZS-Small, Brown
Price: $29.94
11 used & new from $23.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Inside Mattress Not Secured to Bed, July 2, 2014
This is a decent bed. BUT... the center pad comes out. My dog is constantly trying to move his bed around. In the process, the center padding inevitably comes out of the bed rendering the whole thing useless. (The dog is not skilled enough to re-place the pad inside the ring.)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars ALMOST PERFECT..., July 2, 2014
First I admit, my use of this little gem is not it's stated purpose. Having said that, it is near perfect for my needs. I'm using it inside an a/v cabinet next to my desk. It powers several devices, leaving only one cord to exit the cabinet.

The impetus for this project, was heat. Purchasing a couple of USB-powered fans spurred my search for a solution. The only minus (and my reason for four stars), is this puppy has no power switch. Typically, surge protectors have this feature. You can power down all devices at once, without having to unplug everything. Add that Belkin, and you get five stars.

Boston International Shore Thing Collection Decorative Pillow, Nautical Wheel
Boston International Shore Thing Collection Decorative Pillow, Nautical Wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighter Than Depicted - Still Perfect To Tie My Room Together, June 10, 2014
The shade of the indigo denim appliques on this pillow are accurately depicted. The background however, is more of a taupe than the warm beige/linen depicted in the photo. My screen colors are pretty spot-on, so I think the hues in the photo are warmed for appeal. It still looks great with my Eddie Bauer quilt, and ties in the patterns in my chair. So all in all, I am very happy. (BTW... at $24 Amazon had the best price I could find, (again).

Set of 2 Twinkle 100% Cotton Pillowcase/sham with Envelope Standard/queen/king Size Inches, White Pillow Protector, Best Pillow Cover, Hotel, School, Hospital Use, 300 Tc(thread Count) (20x26+2 Standard Size)

3.0 out of 5 stars CAVEAT EMPTOR: BEWARE OF 2" FLANGE (Not a Pillow Protector) ***UPDATED***, June 3, 2014
***UPDATE***
With some manipulation, it is possible to turn the shams inside out. (This assumes you are using them for pillow protectors... not shams.) It makes the flanges a bit easier to smooth out.****

ORIGINAL POST:
While these are beautiful, quality PILLOW SHAMS at a great price, they are not what I expected. The product page is strongly defective (deceptive?) in three ways:

1. The all-inclusive title is obviously built to draw as many potential buyers as possible. It includes the words "pillow protector", which is why it presented on my search.

2. The photo does not depict a stuffed pillow, which might show the fact that it is flanged.

3. Nowhere in the description does it mention that the sham is flanged.

Why this is a PROBLEM:
I already HAVE pillow shams. They are NOT flanged, and the fit is tight. The flange on the pillow "protectors" bunches up inside the edges of my actual sham. A problem that would be likely even more irritating, if you plan to use these under pillowcases.

Having said ALL THAT:
These are a great buy for quality shams. They are priced like pillow protectors. (A great thing... yet additionally detracting factor). I've managed to smooth out the edges of the "protector" under my shams, to the extent they are acceptable. So I will not be bothering with the hassle of returning a $9 item.

Did I really just write all of that about a $9 purchase? I've got to get a life.

Skechers Men's GO Skechers Running Shoe,Black,11.5 M US
Skechers Men's GO Skechers Running Shoe,Black,11.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars COMFORTABLE!, May 16, 2014
These are the most comfortable shoes I've ever purchased. When I bought my Ecco oxfords, I thought they were the most comfortable. Now it's these. Like air on my feet.

Cellto Premium Moto X Wallet Case with HD Screen Protector [Slim Ultra Fit] (Black Brown) Diary Cover w/ ID Pocket Top Quality ( 1st Generation )
Offered by Cellto USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Took forever to find the right case. This is it. UPDATED 6/3/2014, March 13, 2014
*****UPDATED 6/3/2014: Leaving an outpatient procedure this morning (still high on propofol), I dropped my $400 phone on the pavement! NOT A SCRATCH... works just fine!*****

Pros:
- Magnetic Closure (Some folio/wallet cases don't have this.)
- TPU Silicone casing, which I prefer over PC (polycarbonate).
- Price.

Cons:
- Screen protector quality. (No points consideration.)

Neutral:
- The casing doesn't feel ANYTHING like leather. But it's grippy, which is good.

There are hybrid TPU/PC cases available, but I haven't found one in a folio/wallet. Would be nice to know if someone makes one for the Moto X. The second tab on the screen protector pulled both layers off, rendering it useless. But, I did not purchase this item for the screen protector, so that point is moot.

(One note: it irritates the hell out of me when manufacturers/sellers describe their products as "Faux Leather" or "Leather PU". There is no such thing as Leather PU. It's just PU... i.e. VINYL. Call it that.)

Franklin Brass  D2416SN Futura Towel Ring, Satin Nickel
Franklin Brass D2416SN Futura Towel Ring, Satin Nickel
Price: $9.18
26 used & new from $4.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic Swivel Piece Was Broken, June 24, 2013
Replaced my chrome Futura accessories with Satin Nickel. This towel ring sat in the box for a couple of months before installing it. Unfortunately, the plastic part that hold the ring was busted. The Futura line is about as bottom-of-the line as you can go, but it looks good for the price. Had to order a new towel ring, since no returns after 30 days. Won't make that mistake twice. BTW...the Satin Nickel looks MUCH NICER than the chrome.

LDR 520 3310WT 3 Function Massage Showerhead, White
LDR 520 3310WT 3 Function Massage Showerhead, White
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $8.99
7 used & new from $8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Replacement, June 21, 2013
Last time I replaced my shower head, I went through 3 different ones till I found one with enough pressure. My old one is 2.5gpm and so is this one. Picked this up at the local Ace for roughly the same price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4