Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for M. McMeans > Reviews

Browse

M. McMeans' Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. McMeans RSS Feed (Lufkin, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
The Ghost of Marlow House (Haunting Danielle Book 1)
The Ghost of Marlow House (Haunting Danielle Book 1)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very male-gazey, June 13, 2016
I read the sample and liked it enough to buy it, because it was well-written and I love this genre (mysteries involving ghosts) but I quickly decided to return it after reading a few more chapters. It started to grate on me that we were repeatedly treated to male characters' opinions of how attractive the two female main characters were. When the main character thought to herself it was "kind of sweet" that the male ghost had watched her undress for bed and found her attractive, I had to stop reading it.

Wrangler Men's Authentics Classic Relaxed Fit Jean, Vintage Stonewash, 40W x 30L
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 30, 2015
Comfortable jeans.

DHP Metal Daybed
DHP Metal Daybed
Price: $112.70
12 used & new from $112.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing/Bent Pieces, March 21, 2015
This review is from: DHP Metal Daybed (Kitchen)
Box has no hardware in it. No bolts, washers, or wrenches. I can't put it together. My wife went to Lowe's and they don't have the right size bolts, either. Amazon gave me a partial refund, but I still have pieces of a bed laying in my son's room. One of the poles is bent, as well, but I was able to make it work. I just need the hardware so I can put it together.

Lost In Spain: A Collection Of Humorous Essays
Lost In Spain: A Collection Of Humorous Essays
by Scott Oglesby
Price: $13.73
25 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An irreverent, hilarious travel memoir that will keep you laughing til the very end!, February 23, 2014
I've been a huge fan of Scott Oglesby's writing since I discovered his blog several years ago, so when he offered me the chance to review his book, "Lost in Spain," I jumped at it.

The book is a collection of stories about the time he and his wife spent living in the rural Spanish village of Javaron and the motley crew of people they met there. "Travel memoir" is not a genre that I'm typically interested in, but "Lost in Spain" is anything but typical! Scott is a talented storyteller with a unique approach to life and a very sharp, witty delivery that will have you laughing out loud every 5.2 seconds. After reading this book, I don't know that I want to spend any time in Javaron, but I would gladly spend more time hearing about Scott's adventures there.

Privacy One - Xbox One
Privacy One - Xbox One
Price: $14.99
6 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Just wear a tin foil hat instead!, February 18, 2014
If you are really scared that anyone out there cares to watch you play video games in your sister's panties, you need more help than a small piece of plastic over your Kinect. The help you need can't be bought for $15.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2014 9:46 PM PST

Family Pieces
Family Pieces
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars More unbelievable as story progresses, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Family Pieces (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book at first. It seemed reasonably well-written and I love the whole puzzle piece charm for family members thing. However as the story went on, it frustrated me more and I started skimming like crazy to make it to the end.

There was an improper "you're" (should have been "your") and "fair" was written when it should have been "fare" and "cubical" when it should have been "cubicle." It was like whoever did the editing just stopped caring after about fifty percent, or maybe I just noticed mistakes more as I became more annoyed with the story.

**Spoiler warning**
The characters' actions became really unrealistic. Karsen knew there seemed to be a missing charm, she tracks down the jeweler because she believes it's a possibility, yet when he calls to tell her that he knows he made four charms rather than three, she thinks "oh he must be confused." Really? He confirms what you've been looking for for the last five chapters and you think he must be confused?

Brad withdraws from a reality competition that would make his career because his sister gets pregnant? I just don't buy that.

***End of spoilers***

The ending wrapped up a little too neatly but it was obvious where everything was heading so I didn't mind that too much, but it was kind of laughable all the same, especially when Karsen says she's going to "stand on her own two feet" when really, she's just going to be completely taken care of by a DIFFERENT person. Also, all of the characters (except maybe Hanna) talked the exact same way - way too formally. I get it, they're educated, but would a college student in her twenties really talk like that all the time?

This type of story I thought was much better done in Emily Giffin's "Where We Belong." The characters are so much more believable.

Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition
Offered by Hubbagames
Price: $14.75
246 used & new from $4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Action Game This Year!!, July 2, 2012
I borrowed the original game from my nephew, and only got about 30% of the way through it, but it was so fun, I knew I had to buy it. I decided on the GOTY edition because it was a great price and included all of the DLC so far. The game is amazing. There is so much to do, but you never feel like everything is looming over you. It is a great story, and FUN to play.

If you have the original version, just buy the DLC because the price won't match up, but if you are new to the game, get this edition because it has everything for cheaper than if you buy the DLC and game. I have played all of the big titles this year. MW3, BF3, Skyrim.....this is the most fun I have had gaming. The others games don't suck, it was just more work, and less swooshing through the city and gliding down to drop on bad guys' heads....I am done with this review because there are thug to kick the crap out of. :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Shipping, Great Quality, June 22, 2012
I wasn't supposed to get this shirt for another two days, but it was delivered today. If you are like me, you worry that shirts will be made of shrink wrap that will shrivel up into a toddler's shirt as soon as you wash it. This feels like a thick fabric, and since I just got it, I haven't washed or worn it yet, but it seems like it won't shrink up. The colors and design are great. Get it!

Fisher-Price Medical Kit
Fisher-Price Medical Kit
Offered by Brownieee / Decor & More
Price: $15.59
94 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what the little doctor ordered!!, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Medical Kit (Toy)
My daughter has wanted a doctor set since she started watching Doc McStuffins on TV. She picked this set out while we were cruising Amazon looking for birthday presents. This just might be her favorite toy from her birthday. Everything is exactly what we expected, and looks like it will be huge fun for her and her little sister for years. They are 5 (birthday girl) and 2 so they have years of imaginative fun to look forward to and anything I can get that will last years instead of days is a plus.

Xbox 360 Silver Controller and Play & Charge Kit
Xbox 360 Silver Controller and Play & Charge Kit
6 used & new from $25.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Best controller gets better, June 7, 2012
The 360 has the best controller and it is even better now. Get this one! The free plug and play makes this an even better deal.

Page: 1 | 2